A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Christmas Shoes (Morgan)

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Christmas Shoes (Morgan) Empty Christmas Shoes (Morgan)

Post by Shade 12/26/2014, 6:42 pm

Blake wasn't sure how he got away but he did, he slipped away from the mess hall and found his way over to what appeared to be an Amphitheater. Not just any Amphitheater but an outdoor one too, and boy was it huge.  With the size of it he just knew this place was an acting camp and that he wasn't going insane; sure he didn't quite know how they were playing this huge joke on him or way but they couldn't keep the Amphitheater a secret from him this making their little act null and void. Although he did admit he'd love to play and act on this stage, which gave him an idea...maybe this is what they wanted, maybe they wanted the new comer to find the Amphitheater.

Whistling a sad tune he made his way over to the stage. If one was to actually determine what song he was whistling they'd notice he wasn't exactly starting at the begging but it fit better in his mind. "Sir I wanna buy these shoes..." He was closer to the stage now, and walked up onto the wooden benches. "For my mama please..." He continued waking from wooden bench to wooden bench. "It's Christmas eve and these shoes are just her size..." So, it wasn't really but the song said it was and he really liked this song, it always brought tears to his eyes. With one final jump he landed gracefully on stage walking forwards a little bit before continuing the song. "Could you hurry sir? Daddy says there's not much time."

"You see, She's been sick for quite a while, and I know these shoes will make her smile, And I want her to look beautiful...If mama meets Jesus...tonight." He turned around to look out over the empty amphitheater now, tears slowly falling down out of his eyes before closing them. Sure he knew the next little bit but he didn't feel like singing it, instead he hummed the words and sat down, legs hanging off the edge. "Mama made Christmas good at our house though, most years she just did without. Tell me sir, What am I gonna do? Some how I gotta buy her these Christmas shoes." He sang out the sad tune pausing slightly as if someone else was going to pick up the rest and continue with him. It was crazy, but hey in this camp crazy was there thing. Didn't mean he was on board though.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Christmas Shoes (Morgan) Empty Re: Christmas Shoes (Morgan)

Post by Morgan Landry 12/28/2014, 11:10 am

The Amphitheater was like Maddy's home. Nothing like a good ole stage to make her feel perfectly comfortable. On there she could act, sing, do some declamation, and train for her movies and auditions.
    She was going through her role in her head again -- she was auditioning for an upcoming fantasy show where she wanted to play the protagonist's sister -- who was also one of the most kickass characters of the show. She was always the one to make a sharp joke that seemed innocent on the surface but was in fact pretty biting. Plus, the brother-sister relationship was epic.

So she was mouthing her text for the audition in a hushed voice just the time to get on the stage when she saw somebody was already there. Taking her white headphone out of her ear, she quickly scaled the steps to the stage and walked across the wooden surface to where a guy was sitting at, hoping she wouldn't have to wait too long. This audition was important to her.
    But then she saw his cheek was humid -- tears? She felt a pang of guilt; she was thinking about her audition while this person obviously wasn't doing well.
    He was singing a song, The Christmas Shoes. Gosh that wasn't a song for the happy. She surprised herself by humming the music, then the lyrics.

"I knew I'd caught a glimpse of heaven's love as he thanked me and ran out
    I knew that God had sent me that little boy to remind me what Christmas is all about."

She came closer to him, wondering what to do. He probably wouldn't react well to her usual "yooo Maddy's in the house" attitude, so she just walked until she was next to him, her Santa hat on her head. Well, it was Miles' hat, but she had borrowed it.

"Hey, everything alright?" She asked, a hand on his shoulder. Then she recognized him. "Oh, gods! Blake?"

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 12/28/2014, 12:08 pm

Blake figured he was imagining it, the voice that sang out the lyrics were way too familiar to actually be real. In fact it sounded like a voice, more matured of course, that he hadn’t heard in about a year and a half. He wasn’t crying anymore but it was obvious he had just recently been close to tears and as much as he wanted to fool himself into believing it was because of the song he knew that it wasn’t true. No, the tears, the sadness, it was because he missed home. He felt terrible for how things ended between him and his mom; hell he didn’t even get to say goodbye to his little brother because of the way things ended and that was bad enough as it was.

Deep in his thoughts he was when the hand was placed on his shoulder, startling him his eyes quickly opened and he turned to look at the person. Sure, he had a good memory and knew he knew the girl from somewhere but he has met so many people in his life that it was kind of hard to determine who she was. Then when she said his name it all came rushing back. “Maddy!?” she was the little girl he met at one of his earlier plays, he was fifteen at the time, meaning she was what twelve? It was somewhere off in Canada and then just a year ago or so they worked on another little thing together both of them having very minor roles but it lead to Blake getting a starring role in a Television show that got cancelled after the pilot episode.

All of that didn’t matter though, he couldn’t believe she was here too. Which proved he was right! This was an acting camp, they were totally playing a prank on him and he had just found it out the best way ever; there was no way this coul-hold up did she say Gods. As in plural. “Wait, wait, hold up…did you say Gods as in plural? Oh great, they got you in on it too? What the hell is wrong with this place?” He muttered the last little bit under his breath as he ran a hand through his hair, here he thought this day was about to start actually getting better after catching up with an old friend, a pretty fun one too, but no she just had to be sucking on the crazy stick too. Knowing Maddy the stuff that was doing it all was probably in the drinks too.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2015, 6:26 am

Blake and her had been on set when they were what, fourteen, fifteen. For a couple of episodes in a TV show, both of them occupied minor roles but it had been a fun experience.
    But then he almost flew into a temper, asking if she was in it too and what was wrong with Camp Half-Blood.

"Excuse me.... what?" she asked, obviously very confused.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/6/2015, 4:41 pm

She was trying to deny it obviously. “You, the guy at the hill, the camp Directors, the people at the infirmary, you’re all going on about Gods as in plural, Greek, Roman, and Norse ones especially if half of what wheelchair Director was said. I mean I get that this is an acting camp but the improv here is terrible. Who picks on the new kid this way?” Cure rolling of the eyes as our lead actor he stands up looking down, because he could barely do that to anyone, at her. “I figured they’d send someone to try and coax me into joining the game eventually or to tell me what’s been going on but no one has broken role yet. I do have to admit everyone is a very good actor then, but the two Directors aren’t good when it comes to telling when someone is lying apparently.”

He knew that for a fact, it was easy to get out of the ‘Big House’ and trick the two of them and Repher-what’s his name into believing he was sick and that he’d be able to find the infirmary all on his own. Which of course lead him to the beach where he met Casper the friendly not-so Ghosty and then was able to ditch him to come to the Amphitheater on the way to the mess hall. Whatever was going around here if it wasn’t some sort of improv prank on the new guy was obviously in the food and even if he was slightly hungry Blake was not having any of it. He didn’t need to be insane too.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2015, 4:54 pm

"Wait... You think this is an acting camp?" Maddy asked, obviously taken aback.

Okay, some stuff needed to be explained. How could he believe it was an acting camp though? Hadn't he seen the satyrs? The pegasi? The nymphs? Or just people using their powers?
    Well if he hadn't, it was time someone showed him.

"Um, Blake? This isn't an acting camp. We are literally demigods; I'm the daughter of Dionysus." She could see it in his eyes that he wasn't believing her though, so she sighed. "Still not swallowing it, huh. Okay, don't freak out, but .. watch this."

She opened her hand, three copper rings glistening on her fingers and concentrated. Something tugged at her stomach; a deep red liquid flew up from her skin and gathered a couple of inches over her palm, spinning around slowly. "This is pure Pinot Noir wine, if you don't believe me, I can get a glass and have you taste."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/6/2015, 7:15 pm

“Isn’t it?” He retorted watching her closer now, this was it. It had to be, the big reveal right? Where she either tried to convince him even further that the delusion was true and simply proved his point that this was all a bunch of madness. Like he thought it came, sadly at best. He thought she was a better actor than this, her reveal wasn’t bad and he almost believed she meant it but Dionysus? Wasn’t he the crazy wine dude he went around throwing…well for simplicities sake we’ll just call them ‘naked drunk parties’. Couldn’t she have picked a better God to hide her story behind? “Yes and I’m a son of Zeus the guy who runs around putting his-“ He said sarcastically before being cut off by what he was seeing.

T-Th-This couldn’t be. Could it? Was what he was seeing truly real? Sure, back home he had found he was able to do certain things that others couldn’t and of course he never told anyone and simply assumed that he had a way with plants. This however was different and did he want to taste it? “Um, no thanks sweetheart, as much as I’d love to taste something that came out of your body I’d rather it not be red.” He didn’t really mean that but he certainly wasn’t ever going to well you know. Either way tasting something like that was in his mind absolutely revolting, even if it was wine like she claimed it to be. It sure didn’t look like blood but it was red and seemingly came out of her hand…but what also made him believe it wasn’t blood was the fact that it spun around her hand like it was magic.

“Alright, so say I believe you. Say just for a second I believe you. Why has no one told me before that there are others like me? Others that can…do things?” He questioned “Things that shouldn’t be possible like this…” a wave of his hand and he was holding a rose, except it was his favorite rose. One of his own imagination, it was light blue and seemed to glow in the moonlight. He held it out to her to take and look at. “Why has no one, hell even my mother, told me that I’m not normal and does this mean I’m some crazy god thing like Thor from the Avengers movies?”
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2015, 7:46 pm

"Because it would've put your life in danger. See, the moment we know we're demigods, monsters find us muuuch quicker. That's why most of us come to Camp Half-Blood at thirteen or so, because our parents want us to have a normal childhood, without fighting for our lives every five minutes. To be honest, I'm pretty grateful for that. Imagine going on a set and your director turns out to be a Gorgon."

She took the rose and examined it -- blue. Azure blue, with a hint of navy at the tip of the petals. It was really beautiful, as beautiful as the plants the Demeters grew.
    The wine had slipped back into the skin of her hand but a snap of her fingers later, a vine had wrapped itself around her wrist, growing ripe grapes. She extended her heavy wrist at Blake to show him; I swear if he keeps denying I'm gonna give him a hangover.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/6/2015, 8:20 pm

What she did next only made him raise his eyebrow and sigh. “Alright… fine I still don’t believe you a hundred percent, mainly about the Gods with an s part and the monsters but none of this is exactly what you see every day.” Could you blame him though? His entire world had been just flipped upside down, spun around and shot three times in the foot left to hobble around in the looney bin. The looney bin he was apparently a part of now as well. Groaning at the thought he plopped back down next to her again and ran a hand through his spiked up hair once more. “So uh, who is my God parent? Are only the Greek Gods real and jeez it sounds so weird saying god with an s on the end of it. Do you ever really get used to iit?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2015, 8:27 pm

"You're gonna be claimed soon enough," Maddy told him, making the grapes and vines disappear with a wave of her hand. "And it seems the Greek gods aren't the only real ones. There have been tales of Egyptians... Percy and Annabeth have apparently met teens with links to those gods, but they weren't demigods."

She sat down opposite of him, toying with one of her brown curls. "It kinda comes gradually. I'd say it takes about a year to fully get used to it, perhaps more depending on the person."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/7/2015, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/6/2015, 9:18 pm

The sad thing was he had already been claimed, but the only person who knew it was the one person he wasn’t talking to right now. Or rather, he wanted to be but they had left off on such a bad argument that he was pretty sure his mother would never talk to him again. When she mentioned something about Egyptians and two people meeting two other teenagers who weren’t demi-gods but were linked to the gods or something his head felt like it was spinning. “Are those two names supposed to mean something or?” Here he thought he was just coming to Long Island for an acting camp for the summer before going off to SCAD in Savana, Georgia for two years and then off to California to try and jump start his acting career.

Now it seemed he’d have to worry about which God was his dad, who he was, why he was here. What it all meant, and practically re-learn how to be normal. Which was already hard for Blake in the first place, he wasn’t exactly what someone would call normal. This actually earned him a laugh “I always knew I wasn’t exactly normal but I figured that was all because of the single mom raising three boys and one of them wanting to be the next Neil Patrick Harris. Now I learn it’s also because I might be some sort of Jon Snow.” Three guesses which of the three bows wanted to be NPH and two of them don’t count. Also yes he knew who Jon Snow was, he had to keep up to date with all the popular and even not popular shows in case he was ever asked to play some sort of role on them.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2015, 7:53 am

"Percy and Annabeth? They're kinda the untold but obvious leaders of the Greek demigods. They lead battles, kicked the Titans's butts and defeated Gaea -- well Leo Valdez actually did that, but he did it with their and four other demigods' help."

Maddy crossed her legs, leaning back on her chair. "Jon Snow, huh." Of course, she watched Game of Thrones. "As long as you don't go crazy and pull an Aerys Targaryen -- or a Joffrey, for that matter -- it should be fine."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 3:03 pm