A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

You should probably beat it.

The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male
    Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2014-12-05

You should probably beat it. - Page 2 Empty Re: You should probably beat it.

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/16/2015, 9:31 am

"I attacked you?! Your kind attack tons of demigods and mortals. I'm just returning the favor. Oh, and I'm a lot faster than you may think."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/16/2015, 9:33 am

Em shot him a look. "Since when have we Hunters ever attacked demigods and mortals? We protect them!" She shouted angrily offended.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/16/2015, 9:37 am

"Monsters never protect them. I've seen your destruction up close!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 1/16/2015, 9:46 am

"Did you not hear what she said or did your brain not make the connection?" Aria asked. "We're Hunters. Not monsters."

Didn't the silvery glow betray them? Or the fact that they literally radiated health?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/16/2015, 9:48 am

"You must have been hit with the stupid stick then because we're no monsters." She glanced at Aria, wondering what she had planned. Em thought leaving would be a particularly good idea, especially as this boy had no idea who they happened to be.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/16/2015, 9:57 am

"NO! Y- YOU'RE MONSTERS! YOU'RE MAKING THAT STUFF UP!" He started holding his head like it hurt and screaming, then he looked back up at the pair. "I KNEW IT! YOU EVEN CALLED THE THING THAT KILLED MY DAD! I'M NOT READY! I NEED MY REVENGE!" Behind the pair the Nemean lion had snuck up on the two and was getting ready to pounce.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/16/2015, 1:48 pm

With a sigh, Aria made her carbon fiber bow appear in her hand, her quiver full of silver arrows materializing on her shoulder blade. This guy was really thick.

"If you wanna have revenge, here's a tip: don't make yourself so obvious to your foes. Otherwise you won't survive a second."

But her ears had picked up something else -- heavy but quiet paws on the ground, branches softly breaking, the smell of fur and fangs. Well fangs didn't exactly have a smell, but Aria was reading what the airwaves carried over to her.

"Get ready," she told Emily, notching three arrows.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/16/2015, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/16/2015, 1:59 pm

Sebastian started emitting a black aura (but it was just a mist illusion. He's blurring but he still cares about looking cool) and pretty soon bones started flying out of the ground at random places. Animal bones, mostly, but they still formed a skeleton for some C-list anime reason and pretty soon there were three skeletons about five feet tall armed with bone swords because C-list anime's make no sense. They started attacking the hunters and the Nemean Lion while Seb started screaming nonsense and pulling his hair for no apparent reason.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/16/2015, 2:20 pm

Emily already had her knives out and was turning to face the lion when she caught the skeletons in her peripheral vision. She turned her back to Aria so that her fellow Hunter could deal with the lion. "I got these three, reminds me of that town when we where on our way through Virginia." She parried their blows with her knives, she ducked under the blow of one so that it struck it's ally before leaping up and round house kicking another. Em tossed her dagger into the chest of it's comrade before kicking the one in front of her away.

She narrowly avoided being stabbed and backed up, the three skeletons attention focused on her. "Come on you undead horrors, this Hunter of Artemis will kill you." Her right leg throbbed painfully, she hadn't informed Aria about how much it troubled her recently. Running wasn't much of an option for her, besides she couldn't anyway. It would mean abandoning her friend Aria. She sheathed her dagger and drew her silver bow instead, notching an arrow. Perhaps she could release them from this horrid state through ranged attacks. Em hoped Aria was handling the lion better than she was with these undead monsters.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/16/2015, 2:36 pm

Just as Aria was saying that, a roar erupted and a huge lion landed in front of them, missing Aria by an inch if she hadn't rolled away. It was enormous, bigger than Nymeria, with golden brown fur and large brown blodshot eyes. His fangs were as long as her forearms, slippery with saliva, his mouth big enough to close around her head. Its paws were huge and as powerful as if they were made of concrete.
    She had seen that monster before, it always appeared a couple of times each century.

"The Nemean lion -- take cover!" she told Emily, but that was easier said than done with the guy having summoned skeletons. "Why in Zeus's name did you do that?" she shouted at the guy, cutting off a skeletal arm that was in her way -- well, it came at her, so it was in her way. "Isn't one monster enough for you?"

She sheathed her knife again and took aim with her bow, but the Nemean lion wasn't dumb enough to open his mouth again... except for roaring. She had to get him to do it otherwise there was no way she could harm him. She wasn't as strong as her brother Heracles but there was still one thing she could do. Letting bow and arrows disappear into thin air, she ran straight at the lion, dodged his heavy paws and jumped above him, like playing tag. This was the best she could do to keep his attention away from the others -- well, from Emily mainly. She couldn't care less what happened to the boy. She knew from past experience that her electricity would have no effect on the lion -- his pelt was simply the best armor you could possibly think of, and it didn't conduct electricity. She could push him back by creating small repulsive electromagnetic fields, but that wouldn't kill it and she knew it. Only arrows in its mouth would send it back to Tartarus... and that was what Aria was gonna do. But first, she'd get him to roar again.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/16/2015, 2:40 pm

'Come on, focus. Get into the fight.' Sebastian's mind said. He wanted to but he just couldn't. He looked back up and saw the two girls fighting his skeletons and the Nemean Lion. Maybe they were telling the truth. He had to help somehow. At least the one fighting his skeletons. It was fairly obvious the one attacking the skeletons was trying not to put weight on her right leg by the way she kept shifting to the left. He dismantled the skellys and ran up to her. "I'm sorry if one of them hit your leg. I could heal it for you if you want?" He asked with worry in his voice. He already made himself look like an idiot and he didn't wanna do that again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/16/2015, 3:42 pm

"Get away from her, she can handle herself!" Aria told the boy as she heard what he said. She was rolling between the lion's paws, giving him flashes of electricity so he'd stay focused on her.. then his paw suddenly lashed out and she was flung against a tree. Three big claw marks ripped her shirt open in the stomach area, starting to get soaked with red, not to mention the agony of her back. The pain left her unable to breathe for several moments, leaving her gagging and choking for air. She could still feel the tingling of the cold sharp claws in her skin, as if they were still there, ripping open tissue after tissue, muscle after muscle.
    A triumphant roar snapped her out of it: the lion had taken its chance and was pouncing on her, mouth wide open to rip her head off. She barely had a second left to live.
    Come to Mommy, she thought. No way she'd die without giving everything she got. There was no time to get her bow out or even nock an arrow, and the range wasn't good either way, but adrenaline tickled her blood. Just as she was starting to see details of its throat (not even describing the smell), its mouth almost closing around her head, she grabbed his fangs in both her hands and contracted her strong muscles, which trembled in the effort of keeping the lion's mouth in an open stance. The wound in her stomach burned and ached, as if the monster was still clawing at her, again and again.  The searing pain made her grunt loudly through her teeth, staring into the lion's eyes; she knew she couldn't hold it for much longer than half a second. Then she shouted, igniting her hands with electricity.
    The vivid blue-white strings bounced around his mouth and throat with the spark-like sound of electricity, blindingly sharp. A smell of ozone spread through the air. The lion's powerful muscles started to jolt and contract uncontrollably as she made the AC current go up to ten milliamperes, then notched it up level after level. The lion couldn't break away, he was glued to her in an energetic spasmodic dance, his muscles jerking and undulating under his fur like a rippling cascade. She hadn't even realized how high up she was making the current go until the lion exploded in a column of flames. The heat hit her face, grazing her skin as if she had just stuck her head into an oven.

The shout died in her sore throat. After several moments of pause, she pushed herself back up, waving the sparks away and making her way over to the two others. Despite her wounds, she kept her back straight and walked with determination and assurance, albeit slower than usual. By the way wounds....her shirt was hot, wet and sticky with blood, and only then did she look down to take in the injury.

The claw gashes were much deeper than she had thought, the adrenaline had wiped most of the pain away, it was kicking in only now. Grunting, she flattened a hand on her stomach to prevent the blood loss and dropped her backpack at her feet. After fumbling around, she drew her bottle of nectar and took two quick gulps, closing her eyes. She was sweating. The taste of godly drink brought life back to her taste buds, and progressively to all her body. Her muscles were still sore, but at least they had stopped aching. As for her wounds, their lips were slowly closing, one after the other. The blood was still running though and she knew she'd keep big scars from this encounter.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/17/2015, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/17/2015, 9:57 am

He watched with amazement as the huntress made BBQ of the lion. He sighed as he shook his head and recalled the spell he would need to fix the other girl's leg, but afterwards everyone would be tired, so they would certainly have to move before people came to see what the commotion was about.

"Listen, I don't know what your deal is with guys but we can talk it out after we get into the forest because in case your ears were fried as well, that explosion sounded as loud as an explosion. And your friend here is not fine. There's something wrong with her leg, and I think I can fix it."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/17/2015, 11:29 am

Em watched with amazement and some bewilderment as the skeletons vanished before her eyes. Especially as one had got passed her arrows and would have cut her in half. Well that was one thing less for her to deal with, now she could attempt and assist Aria against the Lion. However, before she could do that the boy ran up to her. She shook her head at him. "No." Emily replied breathlessly. It wouldn't matter what he did, the injury to her leg would never heal properly, the limp was better than having to use crutches. Which had been how she joined the Hunters.

"Aria!" She called out notching an arrow on her bow, prepared to take a shot to try and slay the beast. Yet even if she did loose off an arrow she wouldn't have been able to kill it. Fortunately, Aria took care of the lion herself. Emily limped quickly over to the other Hunter, ignoring the boy for the moment. "Hey you okay boss lady? Guessing your not a cat person?" She smiled yet her eyes betrayed her worry and concern for Aria.
    She rounded on the boy. "Nothing can fix my leg so stop worrying about my personal body parts boy!" Em disliked it when her leg became the topic of discussion. "I have to deal with it so leave me alone!" Emily wasn't even a big fan of her fellow Hunters inquiring about it, there were some hurts that went to deep for someone to be happy talking about them.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/17/2015, 11:47 am

That explosion was as loud as an explosion? Well then, ten out of ten for originality.

"You are not going to fix her. You are not going to touch her. You are going to leave us both alone and follow your own advice of leaving. Now."

She gave Emily a weary smile. "I'm not a monster person," she corrected her, though she had chuckled at her joke. "Let's go."
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/17/2015, 2:34 pm

"Listen up. I don't know what your problem is but all I want to do is help. You also owe me after I got rid of the skeletons." He was starting to get mad. They were way to arrogant for their own good.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/17/2015, 2:51 pm

"Owe you?" Em repeated, looking stunned by his suggestion, her surprise didn't last long, she recovered and retorted. "You summoned them then called them off? Why should I owe you for attacking me and my sister!" She said incredulously. "You attacked us not the other way around!" She looked at Aria wondering if she was finding this boy as annoying as she did. Perhaps it wasn't his fault but he had stepped on a topic that Em hated. "You can't help, it would be best for you to go your way and we ours." Em ordered her tone slightly calmer. "Your a boy you cannot come with us Hunters." Emily turned and began to walk away. "Come on Aria lets go we're done here." It sounded distinctly like Em gave Aria an order.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/17/2015, 2:59 pm

"Alright. Stay with that limp all your life. I guess since you're a hunter you don't care about weak spots. I'll be going now." He turned around and started whistling and twisting one of his swords like a cane, walking away in plain sight.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/17/2015, 3:04 pm

Em refused to give him the satisfaction of response, she had tried everything to heal the limp it remained a stubborn reminder of what she had once been. She bit her lip slightly and refused to look at Aria, her eyes watering slightly. Why would people never leave her alone because of her leg? Everyone wanted to try and fix it, at one point Em used to let them but the results were always the same. This happened to be the best, this was the peak there would or there could be no more healing than this. She wished that the rest of the world understood that.

She despised the limp with all her heart, it reminded her of all the pain and suffering she'd endured over the years. It reminded her of those cursed crutches that Em used to need in order to go anywhere.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/17/2015, 4:14 pm

"How dare you talk like that?" Aria asked in a cold tone. "How dare you talk like we need anything from you?"

He had hurt Emily and Aria wasn't going to take that. Yes of course he couldn't know but it was still not an excuse. She didn't take well to those who hurt her little sisters, especially if she was the mentor of said little sister.

"Let me make this clear to your thick skull and whatever may or may not be inside it: we do not need help, we do not need anything from anyone. Especially not from people like you. We fight, we take care of ourselves and we survive. We're not some damsels in distress, we hunt monsters for a living so take your shiny armor and your steed and put them back in your closet where they belong. Chivalry is old-fashioned, and I'm saying that as a girl from the 17th century."
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/17/2015, 4:46 pm

He looked back and grinned. "I never said you were, but even heroes need help. My offer stands if we ever meet again. I hope we do. You're both pretty cool. Bye!" And so he rounded the corner and went out of sight.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/17/2015, 4:52 pm

"If we need help, you will certainly not be the person we turn to," Aria said just before he turned away from them. "Gosh does he act entitled," she told Emily. "Come on, let's get out of here."

She went in the opposite direction, still weakened from the attack, her skin glistening with sweat and sprinkled with green monster dust. She would make sure not to run into this obnoxious little boy again -- or if she did, it'd be to beat him up.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 1/17/2015, 5:09 pm

Em forced herself to smile at Aria. "Your like the elder sister I never had." She muttered wiping her eyes on the back of her hands. "I'm sorry for crying... I just don't like my leg being the topic of discussion." She took several deep calming breaths whilst following Aria. "You did well killing the lion by yourself. The other Hunters will be pretty impressed." It had been an eventful trip, Em felt certain that the boy would remain in her mind for sometime, she tried her best to shunt him out of it. Boys and Hunters were never a good mix.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/18/2015, 11:38 am

OOC: The topic is pretty much over, do you guys wanna have another one?
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/18/2015, 11:40 am

Yes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 5:35 am