A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--  Empty What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 2:16 pm

The place looked neat. Like, really neat. From what I could see there were several working areas a bit like the Training Center in the Hunger Games: earth-covered spots for plant-growing, a racing track and hurdles for those with speed powers, a pool for those with water powers, really, everything.
    I had come here with Derek, one of my best pals here at Camp Half-Blood; walking in an orange camp shirt, camouflage trousers, combat boots and stygian iron arm greaves, I winked at the son of Demeter. "Let's see who's gonna die first," I teased him.

OOC: Sorry this is short, I have dinner.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--  Empty Re: What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--

Post by Green 2/13/2015, 5:21 pm

"Die? Yeah okay, witch." I said to Morgan as I walked into the Power field. It was a wonderful upgrade that has been added to the arena area. I wore a basic pair of khaki shorts alone with a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt. I nudged my shoulder against hers, smiling softly. "So what are you gonna work on?" I asked her, walking over to the green section of the place.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--  Empty Re: What no, not the giant Venus flytrap again, Aaaah--

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 6:38 pm

"I'm gonna practice on my illusions," I said then saw him go over to the green section, where plants and trees had already been planted, flowers opening their corolla to the sunlight.

"Hey Derek, how about we help each other out? You tell me if my illusions are convincing enough and I ... offer you my mental support for your plant ... thing? I guess? Or I can just get a cheerleader outfit and do a backflip every time you grow a tulip."

I was joking, but I actually wanted to help him with his powers... that's what friends are for, right? Especially demigod pals with superhuman powers.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/16/2016, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/13/2015, 9:06 pm

I smirked when she suggested that each of them help the other. "Sounds like a plan, Malefient." I teased and stood on the edge of the grassy field. "You should work on your astral project. I hear your sister, Salem, might try that." I stated as I raised my hands to the sky, feeling the warmth of the sun cover my face, arms, and legs. After about a few seconds I put my hands down to my side and closed my eyes. I could feel th earth beneath my feet and the back of my neck. "Mother Demeter, goddess of agriculture, mistress of the seasons..." My not honor my mother when I'm practicing my powers? She's the one who gave me them in the first place. Stretching out my hands, I slowly started to grow a small field of barley; seven foot by ten.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/14/2015, 5:26 am

"Astral projection you mean? Yeah no. I don't really like the whole idea of my soul leaving my body."

Then I sat down on a nearby log and watched him grow... a small field. Wow, just like that? He was powerful! I had never seen him do that. On the other hand, all he did when we were hanging out was growing edible stuff and tickling me with his vines. Now was kind of the first time I saw him actually practice his powers.
    The yellow/ochre barley ears swayed in the light breeze, ripe and ready for harvest.

"Dude, that is sick," I told him with an admiring expression. "You're on to end world hunger!"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/17/2015, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/14/2015, 10:01 am

I smiled, feeling a bit light headed. I've only grown a field of barley once, but that was a while ago. Growing wheat seemed to be easier than barley, but whatever. I turned my head to look at Morgan. "You haven't seen nothing, yet. Wait till the Spring Equinox, then I'll show you power." I laughed a bit before walking in the middle of the field and took a seat. Feeling the grain brushing up against my brown skin. The smell of it reminded me of when I used to run around in my father's farm with my two year old mix breed dog. I slowly caused the nearby barley to wrap around my arms and legs, giving me more energy. My goal for today: Plant monsters.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/14/2015, 1:48 pm

Wow. Nodding appreciatively, I watched the barley wrap around his legs as if they were actually thinking beings who could move of their own accord. It was really impressive I mean, when was the last time you had barley giving you a hug?
    I guessed the ears gave him some kind of energy boost since he seemed slightly less tired, and I gave him a grin, showing my teeth.

"So how are you gonna fight me, if I look like -" Snapping my fingers, I willed my legs to look scaly and lose the knees, my skin to catch a greenish tint, my eyes to become yellow and slit by vertical pupils, and two of my teeth to turn into snake fangs "- thisssss?" My voice had become a low but threatening hiss, my tongue having seemingly morphed to become thinner, longer and split in two at the end. My legs looked vivid green with white marks at the side like an emerald tree viper, gliding slowly in snake-like movements. I could of course still feel my body underneath the Mist illusion but Derek would see me as a Scythian dracaena -- at least I hoped he would.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/14/2015, 6:25 pm

I closed my eyes and listened to breeze rustle through the miniature field, the sea of grain flowing to the wind. My power was finally restored and I opened my eye, looking at Morgan. "My dear, Morgan. Who said that I was on the one who was going to fight you?" I asked amused. I stretched my hand toward you wit a smirk on my lips. "Attack!" The barley started to wiggle, unearthing their roots and running toward the daughter of Hecate.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/15/2015, 6:59 am

"Are you kidding me??"

The barley ears sprung out of the ground and waddled off the earthy spot on their tiny roots, speeding over to me. My Mist-snake-legs curled in unfurling knots as I beheld the army of wheat coming for me.

"Okay ssssso..... What are they going to do to me? Attack me with their tiny leaves?" I asked, ready to spit Mist-venom at them.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2015, 8:47 am

My power was slowly draining, but I was going to do this. I stood up shakingly while the barley started to climb into one another, forming a six foot, bipedal monster. I could barely feel the connection between it and I, but it was there. My vision seem to flicker, but I kept my stance. In unison, with me in control, I took a swing at Morgan. "We are one." We said as if one being.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/15/2015, 9:30 am

Alright, now that was sick. The thing was a head taller than me, it's body composed of twitching ears of barley and made dry noises while moving, kind of like grass ruffled by wind. Looking vaguely humanoid with a face totally devoid of features, it came towards me, lifting a fist and whilst it was made 'only' out of barley, I still ducked under it out of reflex. Hissing, I retreated gliding on my fake snake legs to make my way around it. Mist-venom would only give the illusion of attacking the barley so I had to time my attack with precision. Scanning the perimeter with my yellow, slit eyes, I almost got smacked by a barley fist and managed to grab hold of it, starting to really feel the drain in my energy.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2015, 10:33 am

My breaths deepened as I was fighting about Morgan. Her magic was strong, stronger than anything I've ever seen before. I fell to my knees as beads of sweat fell from my forehead as I tried to over power her until I couldn't take it anymore. I caused the barley to explode wnd wrap around Morgan's morphed body. I fainted, out cold.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/15/2015, 12:35 pm

Suddenly the barley exploded, ears flying everywhere and wrapping themselves around me, suffocating me, paralyzing, casting me in a sarcophagus of thick blades. I kicked and punched around me but they just pressed themselves more around me, covering inch after inch. Spluttering, I spat Mist-venom at them, bit with my illusion fangs and claws, slithered back and forth....

Suddenly everything stopped and I fell to the ground, coughing. The ears of barley lay all around me, discarded, as if someone had just tossed them there. I was so drained my Mist disguise poofed away in a cloud of green fog, fading away into nothing and there I was again, scrawny demigod with messy hair in camo trousers, orange shirt, combat boots and stygian iron arm greaves. "Woah," I panted, then looked up and froze. Derek lay on the ground motionlessly, facing left. "Derek?" Hurrying over to him, I knelt at his side before dashing over to the refreshments table and getting some nectar, which I then poured into his mouth, tilting his head back slightly.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/16/2015, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/15/2015, 9:03 pm

Wow, I've never passed out before. It's a very weird feeling. It's like you're still alive yet not at the same time...does that make sense? Hell, I don't know! I'm out cold! Anywho, as I lay there, I could eat sounds coming from Morgan, but I wasn't for sure. Then I felt someone touch me...oh wait, it was Morgan. Gods I'm slow when out cold. A liquid flowed down my throat, giving me some of my strength back.

I opened my eyes to see a fair skin, dark brown haired girl. A small formed on my lips as I knew exactly who it was. "Who's the baddest of them all?" I asked the dauhter of Hecate in a raspy voice.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/16/2015, 12:07 pm

"Wow man, you gave me quite a scare," I said, offering him my hand to grab and stand up.

Unscrewing the bottle's lid again, I let some droplets fall into my half-open mouth and tasted the revitalizing aroma of lemon soda except it was more vivid, more present, more exquisite than anything you could buy in the mortal world. Energy rushed through my veins, down my arms and throat and legs, pumping vitality into my muscles. My panting stopped, the sweat which covered my face the only reminder that I had done something requiring effort a moment ago.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/16/2015, 2:54 pm

I stood to my feet, a bit shaky and looked at Morgan, my vision finally stable again. "Yeah, same..." I scratched my forehead and looked around at what I had did. There were barley scattered throughout the arena, looking like a tornado swipt through the practice area. I chuckled lightly and looked back at Morgan. "So, I guess we some damage today, huh?" I asked the daughter of Hecate, plucking an ear of grain off of her shoulder, too tired to use anymore power.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/16/2015, 3:11 pm

"Hey, we haven't destroyed anything," I replied, then bumped his shoulder. "Yet."

The ears of barley were scattered across the smooth floor and I went to pick up a broom, swiping them together with quick strokes into a couple of small heaps. Rule n°1 of the power training area was: clean up after your session, and since I didn't want to have to clean the stables for the rest of the week instead, I better help Derek tidy up the perimeter.
    When we were done, I went to sit on a bench heavily, passing a hand through the strands that had escaped my ponytail, grinning at the son of Demeter.

"Let me know when you're up for another round. That here was really fun."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/16/2015, 5:39 pm

I sighsd and helped Morgan clean up my mess. Next time I'll make sure to do smaller ones first before doing a big one. After we finished, I sat down next to Morgan and let out a dramatic exhale. "I'll be ready in a bit, but first tell me what you're gonna work on this time." I rested my head on her shoulder, scanning my eyes over the room.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/16/2015, 7:49 pm

"Hey hey, let me breathe," I laughed, energy getting slowly back to my muscles. My body was covered in these tiny cuts, you know these annoying cuts made by grass and leaves and such? Those who're always kinda present and really irritating? Yeah I had tons of those, fortunately the ambrosia was erasing them. Derek's head was heavy on my shoulder and I put my arm around his shoulders, patting his head twice before just letting my hand drop and yawning.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 9:10 am

I laughed along with her as explained that she needed more time. "One day I'm going to figure out how to use my powers over plants to heal someone.." I trailed off and looked up at Morgan with my brown eyes, smiliar to Demeter's. "You are one powerful witch, you know that?" I asked with a grin before sitting up completely. "I can't think of anyone who can manipulate the Mist like you can."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 9:22 am

"Well, there's Lou Ellen. There's also Alabaster Torrington who led my siblings in the war against the Titans -- well, they were fighting against the gods, but y'know. From what I've been told he's the most powerful child of Hecate -- and he's also not allowed at camp. Had to swear on the Styx never to get in or something along those lines."

I patted his head again and grinned. "You're one powerful little sht too, you know that? This monster you just made? I'm not sure Miranda could do better."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 4:27 pm

I had forgotten about Lou Ellen and the Alabaster guy, oops. Both of them were powerful children of Magic, very disciplined in the craft. I set my head up straight and looked at Morgan smiling warmly. "Thanks...I wanted to be a cabin leader, but I felt like I wouldn't be able to do it..." I had a little secret that I didn't want to tell anyone, I had a goal. A goal to be the most powerful child of Demeter at camp, but I wasn't gonna tell anyone that. Well maybe Morgan or Justin. Looking back at the arena, I touched the top of my head. I needed a haircut, bad. Anywho, I stood up and looked at Morgan. "So, are you ready to go?" I asked her with a grin, placing both hands on my hips. "
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 4:45 pm

"Naaaah, wait a second," I said, still feeling tired. "I don't wanna have a headache again."

Once on my quest, I had overused my powers so much it had felt like a cartload of sticky, swelling stones had been emptied into my skull, threatening to make it burst. Hint: it's not a pleasant sensation. At all.
    I went to get a bottle of icy water from the refreshments', sprinkling some at Derek on my way back and sat back down on the bench, taking long gulps. Damn did that feel good.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 2/17/2015, 4:51 pm

I gave her a nod and crossed my arms with a smile on my face. That was until she sprinkled water at me. "Hey, that wasn't nice!" I exclaimed with a wide smile on my lips. I had half the mind to make the bench push her off, but I know i couldn't do that for several reasons. I sat back down beside her and smiled." So, Malefeicent, tell me about Lady Hecate. I'm sure this boat loads of fun."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/17/2015, 5:28 pm

"Whatcha complaining about it's only water. Could've been acid."

Giving him a mischievous smirk, I crossed my legs and splashed water at my face, then he asked me to talk about Hecate. "Um... I met her like four times. What do you wanna hear about her?"
    Now I had to be careful what I said; Hecate was listening and I better watch my words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 10:09 pm