A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Random smart title (open rp)

Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

Random smart title (open rp) Empty Random smart title (open rp)

Post by Gotenks 3/4/2015, 9:06 am

George once was focused. Couple of days had passed from that hellhound incident and he spent all his day sparring with the dummies. He had also borrowed a couple of books on monster fighting from the camp library. He would kill them. For as long as it took.

He had learnt the pattern of the dummies. He would dodge every move of the machines easily and fought back pretty well. It was a bit boring. It didn't have that unpredictability that he hated on humans, but made battles desired.

No people had been there today. That was always nice. Of course, he was so bored that he almost wanted someone to talk to. As much as he loved his new life, the routine sometimes reminded him of the orphanage. Of course, he now had the goal of becoming a fighter.

And he wanted to succeed once.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Random smart title (open rp) Empty Re: Random smart title (open rp)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 9:53 am

Chiara walked into the arena, the sun hot on her bare arms. She was wearing a black top which read Just fck it with camouflage trousers and crampon-set combat boots. Her messy red curls were pulled back by a U.S. Army bandanna, her matte-black-painted celestial bronze arm and leg greaves not giving the faintest gleam in the sunlight.
    Sword strapped to her side, throwing knives on her other hip, boot knife in her shoe and Myrmidon shield on her arm, she put her spear across her shoulders, looking at the only guy in the arena at this hour. He had blonde hair and when he turned around, she recognized him at once. He was this new guy, George from the Athena cabin. She had pushed his head into the toilets just two days ago.
    A mocking grin splitting her mouth, the overfreckled redhead made her spear twirl between her fingers and stabbed it into the ground, watching as he cut up an automaton.

"Pff," she scoffed. "Pathetic."

She knew he was new and had just arrived, but she still felt like taunting him. Taunting new guys was always funny.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/5/2015, 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/4/2015, 10:16 am

When he got bored he turned and saw a girl that he recognised from before. Part of those Ares bullies that had a low self-appretiation and wanted to act cool. He would classify them as...unimportant.

He took her taunt pretty lightly. He even grinned to her, a bit awkwardly because he wasn't used to. He was about to mind his own business, when it occured to him he didn't have a fight since he built a fortress around him (figuratively) and started ignoring everyone.

He had kinda missed it.

He gave her one of these looks that hinted she shouldn't mess with him -easiest way to get away from bullies- and taunted her back.

"Why don't you show me how it's done then, war pig?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 10:20 am

"Oh, war pig? Damn, I'm so offended, wow."

She had seen his don't-mess-with-me look and had pointedly ignored it. Who does he think he is? I could disarm him from here. I'll mess with him if I bloody want to. Scratching her head, she sent her spear hissing into the gut of a dummy fifteen yards away and casually unsheathed her sword. Guardless, matte black like the rest of her weapons, the celestial bronze was familiarly heavy in her hands.

"Why should I show you anything?" she asked, picking the underside of her nails with the razor-sharp tip. "You're a beginner, I'd be bored to death."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/4/2015, 10:39 am

Aria had been in the training area as well, just slashing at the dummies. It was never as real as a moving target, but it sufficed. Her Athena brain gave her enough imagination in order to imagine the inanimate object with arms. In these arms there would be a sword, none the less, coming towards herself, which she had to dodge. This sometimes made her look like a maniac, but who cares if it got the job done with her training?
    Her usual CHB t-shirt was starting to stick to her, as well as her shorts. Her hair was in a total disarray, falling down her back.

Hearing the conversation, Aria raised her usual angelic like voice to were it would reach her half-brother, George and Chiara, a camper from the Ares cabin. "Because, Chiara. You can't rightfully call someone pathetic without giving them the chance to prove there worth first."
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/4/2015, 10:47 am

George turned and saw another familliar face, a cabinmate. Aria, if he wasn't mistaken. He didn't expect anyone to stand up for him and he didn't know if he liked it or not.

He gave his half sister a slight smile anyway.

He turned to the Ares kid again.

"Now, I'm sorry. But I think I heard a hint of fear in your annoying voice. Is your little pride going to be scarred by a little battle? Besides, since you are this experienced and good, maybe I could learn something."

Deep inside he knew he didn't have a chance. But it felt good to act on will for once.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 10:50 am

Chiara cocked an eyebrow at her. "I'll call someone pathetic if I fckin' want to, young lady. Also, have you seen this kid? His moves are sloppy as hell."

She went to clean the nails of her other hand -- when it came to weapons and fighting, she was practically ambidextrous. Her blades rested with equal balance and security in her palms and she could do just whatever she wanted with them.
    Of course it was over-the-top of her to call his moves sloppy since he had literally just arrived so it was understandable/excusable compared to someone like her who had been fighting her whole life and had had demigod training since the age of eight, but the short redhead didn't care about that.

"Kid I can disarm you without even moving, don't start with me," she told him, checking her nails. "That you-don't-wanna-fight-are-you-scared act is getting old anyway. I'm here for actual training."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/4/2015, 11:00 am

Aria smirked. "Feel free to share then, if you think your all so good. None the less, fighting is your blood."

That was a fact, and a child of Athena could never ignore the facts. But, despite fighting and war being in this girls genes, that did not make her any better than anyone. Especially when it came to brains.

Aria returned to her training dummy, continuing to hack away.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/4/2015, 11:04 am

He gave the Ares' daughter a carefree look.

"Damn, with that trick you and your army pulled on me, I actually thought for a second that you'd be tough. But I guess you are only with them around."

And with that he returned on the dummy, sparring on a slower pace, so that he's aware of Chiara's -wasn't that how Aria had called her- reaction.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 11:21 am

She laughed. "Because you think being tough means knocking some inexperienced noob's sorry butt into the sand? Sorry pal, we must have different definitions."

After dozens of combat missions and three survived battles, she had nothing to prove to him. He could fire everything he wanted at her, if he made the slightest move to attack her, she'd make it quick.
    Her spear was still in that one dummy's gut, but if George and Aria were the only two people in the arena, she wouldn't fight, at least not until someone else came along. Where was Darren when she needed him? As annoying and off-pissing that little sot could be, he was one of the very best sword fighters of Camp Half-Blood and her sparring match.
    She went to the hurdle section of the arena and started running in her heavy equipment, jumping over the spiked hurdles as the ground blurred beneath her combat boots. Protecting herself from hidden acid jets with her black shield, the embossed ant soon sticky with a viscous green liquid, she crawled under barbed wire, slapped off spinning blades with the flat of her sword, some bouncing off her shield and arm greaves with hard thuds.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/4/2015, 11:41 am

Aria sighed, all of the dummies that she had "fought" were nothing but bits and pieces of cloth and hay lying everywhere.

OOC: Ew... a one liner. Sorry guys.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/4/2015, 11:50 am

George smiled watching the Ares kid. She subconsciously wanted to impress for some reason. To ensure her dominance maybe.

She annoyed him. She filled him with the rage he fought hard to suppress. He wanted to fight.

"How about that. You fight me and beat me, I give you 50 mortal bucks." he shouted at her.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 12:04 pm

"Why do you hate your money so much?" she shouted back after dodging a jet of acid. A bit of it landed on her leg guard, sizzling there for a second with an acrid smell.

Chiara jumped at the net and climbed it up as swiftly as possible, hooked her fingers into the top knots and flipped herself over to the other side where she let go and dropped to the ground in a crouching stance. Not losing a second, she slashed away a spinning blade, the metallic sound ringing into the air for a few seconds, then resumed running, rolled under barbed wire, jumped over the last spiked hurdles and skidded to a halt. The sand crunched a bit under her boots. Her muscles were hot from the effort, some curls sticking to her sweat-dampened face and she went back to the beginning to start it again.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/4/2015, 12:16 pm

OK, he had to admit she was really good. But damn he felt the adrenaline.

"You're right. No need for a fight. Besides, you are tired. It would be unfair to take advantage of a fragile young lady."

He kept taunting her. That wasn't the usual him. He would've quit by now. Nor he would give her attention in the first place.

Damn, he had been affected by this camp.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/4/2015, 12:36 pm

Hearing her brother, Aria ran over to him. Grabbing his shoulder, she spun the boy towards her. "What in Zeus's name do you think you're doing? Are you honestly going to try and get yourself killed within the first two weeks?" What was this kids deal. Surely he was not a child of Athena. One would not make such hasty and unwise decisions.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 12:39 pm

"Tired? I haven't even started." One little hurdle race wouldn't exhaust me, is he actually thinking that? Then he made that comment about her being a fragile young lady and she snorted, scowling. "I can beat your ass to Hades in so many ways you don't even understand so don't piss me off with your sexist comments."

She went back to the starting line and pressed the chronometer on as Aria sped over to her brother.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/4/2015, 1:19 pm

"Oh, Mother please help your son,"Aria thought to herself. There was no way the kid was about to survive this. Chiara was bad and full of tactics. Most of which used blunt force, but still. She had tactics. Not to daubt a fellow child of Athena, but Aria seriously doubted that George had come up with his own. He needed to think this over, realize what he was doing. How he would be known for the rest of his life at camp. It was clear that the boy was going to do nothing. "Chiara!" Aria shouted. "You can't do this. He barely had any training. Do you actually want another fellow demi-gods blood on your hands?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 5:41 pm

Chiara briefly delayed the chronometer to look at Aria.

"I'm not fighting, am I?" she said with raised eyebrows. Then she started to race again.
    Hurdle, hurdle, jet of acid, two spinning blades, barbed wire, hurdle, hurdle, hurdle... she lost count, letting only her innate reflexes control her actions. Her movements were quick but powerful. Sending a spinning blade back with a slash of her sword, she brought her shield in front of her, feeling the pressure of the acid jet on its surface before climbing up the net again.

Aria may have said that casually but it still nagged at Chiara. Do you actually want another fellow demi-gods blood on your hands? Twenty-seven. Twenty-seven reasons for people to grab her and smash her knees. Gritting her teeth, she snapped back to focus to escape the painful guilt, at least temporarily. A blade thumped off her shield. Hurdle. Barbed wire clawing at her clothes as she crawled away under it, sand sticking to her. Sweat dampened her face. Rolling back to her feet, she kept racing, moving her concentration entirely on the track, her face only showing physical effort.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/5/2015, 7:21 am

OK, as passionate he had been before, it was pretty clear he had gone over the limit. Not for him, he had passed them just by replying, but all this consistency in wanting this fight, a clear mismatch-up was illogical even for a bloodthirsty person.

He sighed to himself.

The aura this person radiated though, it reminded him of all these bullies that would call him a retard for his dyslexia or would make fun of him after his dad passed away.

The anger that he was feeling brought back some painful memories. The last time he let loose his anger it didn't end well. For him.

He stabbed his sword through the automaton.

"Fine. If you don't know how to have some fun..."

He started muttering curses to himself, but at least he didn't lose control.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2015, 8:33 am

The chronometer stopped and Chiara hurried over to look at it. 32.1 seconds! One of her best times. Writing it down on the paper block next to the starting line, she overheard the Athena guy mutter curses under his breath -- he had quite a collection.
    An idea formed in her mind.

"Hey kid!" she said. "I don't spit on 50 free bucks. Don't whine, Herondale, I'll give him back to you in one piece." Twirling her sword in her hand, she gave the guy a mocking, superior grin. "How do you wanna play it? First one who disarms the other wins?"
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/5/2015, 8:48 am

He grinned.

Of course, the money was...borrowed for a special cause. But he would finally have a chance to let loose. Completely.

He got his sword from the dummy, with a bit difficulty. When he was ready he gave her an awkward grin.

"Well, why stop that easily, since you can disarm me, and I quote 'without even moving'? How about make it to first blood?"

At the exact next second he regretted it, but there was no turning back. He was officially the stupidest son of Athena. But he would inflict her some physical pain anyway.

But he really should start thinking stuff through if he were to kill any monsters, he thought.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2015, 9:05 am

"Your call," she shrugged.

Focusing on the sword he held, she felt it thrum in her thoughts like the purr of a sleepy cat. Nice sharp blade, perfectly balanced, obviously cabin #9 made. She snapped her callused fingers and it jumped out of his hand, hovering in front of him for two seconds ...  then she made it lash out at him, drawing a small cut across his cheek, a trickle of blood seeping out. Chiara released the sword from her control and it dropped down on the sand.

"Fifty bucks!" she said with a smug grin.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 3/5/2015, 9:17 am

George was shocked for a second.

He then whistled to show his impression.

He got the money out of his pocket.

"Wasn't what I expected, but here's the money. I honour the deal."

He was a bit pissed off. At himself. He got fooled pretty badly. Alas, that's what he got for expressing his inner feelings. He got taught a lesson by the person he would have expected the least.

He wiped the blood of his cheek.

"Pretty awesome power you got, war pig."
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/5/2015, 9:35 am

Aria stiffened as the deal for the first blood was made. Hasty decisions,[i]her mind echoed. [i]Give him back to me in one piece? She freaking better.

She watched as Chiara made her swift movements, disarming her half-brother and then making a light slash. George handed over the mortal money. Well, at least he didn't bet drachmas. Aria couldn't help but giggle as George called the Ares camper one of the oldest insults in the book. "War pig"

"Your suicidal, kid. Ya know that?" She said with a smile, talking to her fellow cabin mate.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2015, 9:39 am

Chiara pocketed the money. "If you feel like betting for more money, gimme a call. I can do this all day."

With that, she gave the two children of Athena a superior smile and went back to the hurdle track.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:14 am