A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

Fight time

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Fight time Empty Fight time

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/13/2015, 4:24 pm

Lizzie swung her gold claymore around her head, striking at the wooden target in front of her, chips of it flying out of the weapon each tiem she struck home. She was frustrated, furious with herself for not being able to talk to boys easily, she used her frustration to power her blows. With a fierce strike she cut the target in two, splitters spraying across the ground. She plunged her sword into the earth, resting her hands on the handle as she leant on the weapon, sweat dripped down from her forehead stinging her eyes. Lizzie's lungs ached, she had been training for what felt like ages.
    She had even gotten up early to practice, Lizzie wanted to be a better fighter and the first way to do that was by using her preferred weapon more and more, to build up the muscles and her mind to get used to the various muscles for fighting. The daughter of stimula sheathed her weapon in the rather large scabbard that hung over her shoulder. She headed over to where she left her water bottle, draining it in a few famished gulps. She still might not have managed to talk easily to boys however she was becoming a better fighter slowly.

She found her thoughts drifting to home and to her rather cruel mother. Lizzie had yet to speak to her after she left for Camp Jupiter. She fully did not intend to speak to her mother ever again, their relationship happened to be a rather poor one. Largely through her mother's actions against her daughter possibly because she felt abandoned by Lizzie's father. She fumbled in her bag searching for her diary, deciding since now the fields of mars were rather peaceful that she could write in it.
    Few campers knew about the Scottish Daughter of Stimula's diary, she kept it top secret from all.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Fight time Empty Re: Fight time

Post by Mason 7/13/2015, 5:11 pm

BoO Spoilers

Greg visited Camp Jupiter for the weekend again, making this four weekends in a row. He intended to go back to CHB on Tuesday or Wednesday. His friends back at camp noticed his time at CJ had been increasing for the last month, and there was a very simple answer to why that was happening: Lizzie. He liked the daughter of Stimula a lot, but she was a Roman, making it harder for him to officially ask her to be his girlfriend or the sort. He could send her a letter or something of course, but that would be extremely rude of him to just ask her in a letter. He needed to do this in person; last time he visited though, last week, he couldn't find her, and he swore he looked around the entire camp. Greg asked a few people where she was, but he didn't want to seem like a creepy stalker or something who insisted on finding her, so he just gave up.

To start the visit off, he decided to train a little, for what he was missing at CHB. He wore a pair of shorts and a tank top with tennis shoes. Greg attempted to look casual and hide the fact that he was rich, he didn't want people there looking at him funny. He entered the Field of Ares- err, Mars, early in the morning, looking for someone to train/spar with. Greg scanned the area, before seeing someone and walking over to them. "Hi, do you want to spar with me? I'm Greg, from CHB, a son of Tyche. And...Lizzie?" he couldn't believe it- it was the daughter of Stimula he had been crushing on. He blushed a little.

"Fancy seeing you here. It's been a few weeks. Maybe this time I should get your phone number," he chuckled.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/13/2015, 5:24 pm

Lizzie looked up from her writing at the sound of a familiar voice. She blushed when he recognised her, the daughter of Stimula had very strong feelings about him, Greg, he still looked as handsome as they day they first met. She smiled at him nervously, closing her diary. She didn't want him to read it because it contained lots of information on her feelings about him. She come to the conclusion if they were of the same Camp then they would probably be dating by now.
    "Hey Greg." She whispered still struggling to talk to boys, Liz looked away from him nervously. "Nice to see you and... Well you can't." Lizzie stumbled before hastily trying to explain to him. "I... I don't have one." Her Scottish accent still quite thick despite all of her time at Camp Jupiter.

She pushed her diary in back in her bag, zipping it up so that she would not leave it behind or so that someone would not accidentally read it. Lizzie was very pleased that he had come back to Camp Jupiter, she had wanted to see him but didn't have the courage to visit.
    Lizzie even if she had managed to summon the courage feared being rejected by him, Liz liked him quite a lot. But she struggled to summon the courage to speak to him and reveal her true feelings. It was because of her feelings for him that the daughter of Stimula found it so much more difficult to talk to him about anything. "I... I..." She swallowed quietly. "I... I'm hap... Happy to see you." Lizzie finally managed to speak to him.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/13/2015, 5:57 pm

Greg was confused at first when she said she couldn't give him her phone number- did he come of creepy or rude? She then said that she didn't have one. He nodded. "I mean, I could buy you one, if you wanted, that way we could actually communicate with each other from Manhattan to San Fransisco." Greg really didn't want to come off as 'I'm rich haha I can buy anything,' but he wanted to be nice, and plus wanted to keep contact with her. He nodded, sitting beside her.

"I'm happy to see you too. I visited here last week, but I couldn't find you around. So, um, anyway, do you want to train? I mean, I'm sure that's the reason we both came here, right? Let's not waste daylight." Greg smiled at her, and looked around, getting up and brushing himself off. "I also suppose I should put on some armor, to be safer." He looked around around. "Too bad I didn't bring my own armor- but it's CB, anyway, I'd probably need an IG armor suit to fight like a Roman. I mean, not that I want to be a Roman- I mean, it'd be cool, but I like being a Greek." He was slightly nervous. He didn't know how to simply approach the question will you be my girlfriend? without sounding awkward.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/14/2015, 1:11 pm

Lizzie knew that Greg happened to be wealthy, he told her so with some reluctance at an early visit. She feared that she might be taking advantage of him if she agreed to his offer. Sure, at their camps they would be somewhat safer than if they made calls in the mortal plain. But perhaps there might be another solution which would work for them both. Lizzie knew that he would want an answer and to decline in the incorrect manner might hurt him. If she hurt him even by accident he might not wish to date her, assuming he ever felt the same about her.
    "Er..." She began feeling increasingly nervous, Lizzie glanced at him nervously before looking away. "Could I think about it p... P... Please?" Lizzie really didn't want to feel like that she was taking advantage of him.

She supposed that they could train together, but he would need some form of protective armour just in case they hurt each other with their weapons. Or, they could train with wooden weapons, that way there would be no risk of injury to each other. "Yes we... We could." Lizzie stammered. "It might be better to use wooden weapons so that we don't hurt... Hurt each other." She really didn't want to accidentally hurt him or maim him. "You could be Roman." Lizzie whispered to him, it would be amazing if he was Roman. If only his was Roman, perhaps they might go on a date. Her cheeks flushed with colour as her mind drifted to the thought of them kissing.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/14/2015, 1:56 pm

"Yeah, that's cool, take as much time as you need. It's honestly nothing, though, if you did want me to buy you one. I'll pay for your service, too, honestly, it's no trouble." Greg grinned at her. He knew this was a bit of a crazy offer, but he wanted her to like him. Don't buy her love, he thought to himself, and decided that it was probably wrong, trying to do that. Greg didn't intend to get Lizzie by buying her lots of items.

Lizzie had suggested wooden weapons, and he nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that'd be fine," he didn't want to hurt her, so this was probably the best way to go about the whole thing. Greg then heard her whisper to him to be a Roman, based on his comment, and he blushed a little. "Um, no, I think I'll stay Greek. I'm used to Greek gods and everything, and plus then I'd have to join the Legion, and I wouldn't be able to even settle down until I'm 25. Not to say, though, that I'll consider making renting a hotel or something and staying a week or two here, longer than my usual visit." He grabbed two wooden swords.

"Will these be sufficient?" he asked, handing her one.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/14/2015, 3:24 pm

Lizzie knew that she would feel guilty if she accepted his kind offer. She was also afraid that some of the Romans and Greeks might assume that she only dated him for the money. She would not of course ever be that shallow with anyone. That would be just cruel, wrong and in short evil to date someone who genuinely seemed to like you just for their debt and credit cards. She smiled at him uncertain on what her answer might be just yet.

Liz tried to ignore the stab of disappointment that he didn't wish to become a Roman. She wasn't able to become a Greek as she would be deserting her friends, her comrades in arms. Sure she still was not able to talk to just over half of them but that didn't matter. They were her brothers in arms, one simply could not desert them.
    "I suppose" She muttered quietly accepting the sword from him. It wasn't ideal but they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend so she could not expect him to give up his home and way of life for her. Just as he surely didn't expect her to likewise give up everything for him.
    Lizzie didn't know if the Greeks had their own version of Stimula. They probably did, but even so he would not be her true father just his Greek mind set. Lizzie didn't want to leave New Rome.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/14/2015, 4:50 pm

Greg nodded as she took the sword from him. He walked towards a more appropriate area to battle, and smiled at her. "Good luck," he said, not trying to be funny at the fact that he was a son of Tyche. He said, "so, before we start the fight, I guess we should bow or something. That seems pretty formal, and something that Romans would do." He laughed a little, bowing.

ooc: sorry short
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/15/2015, 1:33 pm

She shook her head with a small smile as he wished her good luck. Lizzie hoped that she would win, she just didn't want to hurt him too much as that might make him lose all, if any interested in her. Lizzie held her sword tightly in both of her hand, missing the familiar weight and form of her claymore. Sure it wasn't as fast as certain weapons but it definitely packed a punch. She watched him bow. "Very well then." Lizzie copied his gesture before adopting a fighting stance. Greg was taller than her and well larger. Both of those weren't difficult since Lizzie lived on the smaller side of Tiny Town. She would need speed and aggression to help achieve glorious victory.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/16/2015, 10:13 am

Greg thought for a second, but then swung the wooden sword hard, but not really as hard as he could, towards her stomach. He was surprisingly quicker at swinging a CB sword, rather than a wooden. He wasn't sure in reality which one actually weighed more. After swinging, he attempted to trip her onto the ground, swiping his left leg in her direction- although, that was slightly hard, considering he was a bit taller than her. Greg smiled, though, as inappropriate that might've been in that moment, he was trying to make this a friendly fight.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/16/2015, 2:01 pm

Lizzie easily managed to block his strike, the impact of it jarring her arms. She didn't move fast enough to avoid his strike and she fell to the ground in a tangle of limbs. She untangled herself, rolling onto her back before trying to get to her feet before he could unleash another strike at her.
    She didn't want this fight to be over in a few minutes, she hoped to win it yet losing this badly already would not be good in her mind.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/16/2015, 2:12 pm

Greg made a mistake, or at least probably a mistake, and weakly swung the sword at her arm, but wanted to kind of edge her on and let her fight back. He obviously wasn't a better fighter, but he seemed like he got the best of her right now, and he wanted a fair fight. Greg nodded at her in a simple way of saying 'come at me' but in a less rude and immature way.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/16/2015, 2:15 pm

As she barely recovered her footing, Lizzie stumbled as she rushed to hastily block the strike from him. She decided to launch an attack back at him, swinging her horde swiftly at him with little control or form. It was just a quick counter attack to force him onto the defensive instead of her always being on the back foot.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/16/2015, 2:30 pm

Greg felt the strike against his mid chest, and fell back, wanting to throw up. It would've probably been a better idea to not go easier. Trying his best to recover, he got back up and launched four random swings with his sword, which tired him out. He felt himself sweating a bit.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/16/2015, 2:36 pm

She smiled seeing that her strike was successful, however she caught off guard be his own counter assault. She managed to block two of them, however the first hit struck her in the shoulder, the second one hitting her in the wrist. The blow sent pain shooting up from her wrist, causing her to drop her wooden sword. Lizzie held her hand protectively, backing up from him. She needed to get around him and grab her weapon to continue the fight.
    Assuming of course, he tried to attack rather than preventing her from getting to the sword again.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/17/2015, 7:16 am

The giant robotic rat raced out of the Praetorian gate, still screeching. That demigod with the undead soldiers had made him angry and he was determined to let that rage out on the nextbest pair of semi-deities he encountered. Oh look! There were two right over there, training in some kind of field full of trenches.
    The rat shivered, letting its mechanisms and celestial bronze scales ripple across his body until he had the appearance of an enormous snake, with glowing white eyes and fangs as long as a table leg. It slithered over, putting up with the already present scratches on his body that made it give tiny creaking noises as it neared the two demigods -- then it unhinged its jaw and let a stream of acid gush out of its throat.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/17/2015, 10:03 am

Greg went to continue the fight, trying to block her from her sword, when he heard a strange noise. He saw the robot approach them, and turn into what reminded him of the basilik in Harry Potter. SOMEBODY HELP ME! Greg screamed mentally, a bit stunned. He dodged the acid, and his wooden sword crumbled to nothing. Greg looked around for any weapon that he could use. He looked at Lizzie; they were about seven feet apart. He tried to focus for a few seconds, and put this power on her:
    directly from his form:
    "Run!" he yelled. "Run like hell!"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/17/2015, 1:01 pm

Lizzie watched with mute terror as some abomination appeared before them, disrupting their duel. She recovered from her surprise barely managing to dodge in time. She lunged for her imperial gold Claymore, tossing her wooden sword aside. She managed to pulled it free from the earth in time to hear Greg's shout. One small Roman Demigod with an unarmed wealthy Greek Demigod verses some sought of monster which just by its very nature freaked her out.

Now, time to kill this thing.

OOC: does the potion/power/thing effect them physically like can they feel its effects?
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/17/2015, 1:16 pm

ooc: I don't believe it was brought up in the form but probably

bic: Greg felt wore out and tired, from letting out that power, but he rather fight and live then rest and die, of course. He refused to die to a robot. The whole thing about his determination, though, is that he couldn't channel it into a fight; he was completely unarmed. He wasn't sure if there were Greek and Roman robots, and this robot could only be hurt from IG, in the first place, or what? His mind raced in the matter of seconds, then he saw an IG sword. He wasn't sure if fighting with IG things were any different than CB, but he didn't think he had a choose. He quickly grabbed the IG sword and swung a hit towards the robot-serpent-thing's head, Neville Longbottom style.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/17/2015, 2:35 pm

The snake registered the dodging and decided to get down on their level. With a snap, dozens of metallic legs grew on each side, turning the robot snake into a robot centipede. Then it charged again, spraying acid in gas form through his nostrils. If the demigods had been able to dodge liquid acid, gaseous acid was the way to go.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/19/2015, 8:27 am

Lizzie cursed under her breath as the creature deployed legs, the sudden arrival of acid gas caused the daughter of Stimula to break off of her attack. Instead, Lizzie was forced to adopt a defensive posture at least until she discovered a way to strike at the machine, without exposing herself to the gas.
    The problem however lay in the fact she currently did not possess the necessary reach, despite of her claymore to successfully engage the enemy. This left her with few options but to wait for it to make an error, she kept her guard up ignoring her doubts that the sword would offer little protection against the acid or the acid gas.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/19/2015, 8:47 am

OOC: Acid gas would affect your character more than that. If she was close enough to dodge the liquid acid, she's close enough to be harmed by the gas.

BIC: The centipede's sensors were showing him the gas was expanding with every second and it turned towards the first best demigod while clicking its pincers hungrily. The demigod had a very big sword, as long as one one of its legs, and the robot attacked, aiming to grab the sword between its pincers.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 7/19/2015, 12:32 pm

Greg felt the acid gas' effects immediately, and it was not very pleasant to breathe in. Slowly loosing conciousness, he tried to grapple for the sword with the robot, but lost and went flying, landing a few feet away. "Lizzie- the luck. Do something, try to get lucky," was all he said, slowly loosing conciousness, trying to get another sword.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/24/2015, 12:02 pm

Perhaps it was his luck that made her body suffer a delay before the gas effected her. Lizzie struggled to raise her sword, she needed to end this and hopefully what little luck Lizzie possessed and with Greg's help she might manage to kill the robot before it got them both.
    She let out a roar as she charged the creature swinging her sword in one last gesture of defiance. The acid burned her skin painfully, made her eyes water and she could not see what it was doing to her sword, hopefully nothing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/27/2015, 9:38 am

The robot opened its pincers wide and hurtled forward at the girl, tons and tons of celestial bronze set in motion and ready to squash her. It just had to jump up and flatten her under him.

"Did someone just say luck?" Spencer asked.
    Despite her attempt at sounding cool, she definitely was not ready for this, as shown by the tremor in her voice. The robot in the Fields of Mars had made the tubicensi and bucinatores go crazy on the watchtowers, and the First Cohort had immediately organized a detachment of fifteen legionnaires to come forward with scorpion bolt throwers, onagres and ballistae.
    The full imperial gold armor weighing down on her, Spencer came to a stop as soon as the decanus gave the order.

"Redi! Ballistae!" He commanded. "Impete!"

Spencer's co-soldier fired, along with everyone else, and she reloaded. The bolts hissed through the air and met the robot's body, their heads bursting open on impact to release a corrosive acid which started attacking the celestial bronze skeleton.

"On my mark! Again!" the decanus shouted and another row of bolts shot out towards the automaton.

The robot tilted its cameras around and registered the fifteen red infrared blobs. Opening a wide mouth, it spewed a stream of fire at them, though his right side was starting to actually melt, weakened by the acid seeping into his metallic armor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 9:30 pm