A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Ready to Roll

Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Ready to Roll Empty Ready to Roll

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/7/2016, 8:17 am

Nestor sat in the library, his face landed on the table, drooling as he slept. He'd been awoke all night in his cabin, writing without even reviewing the old theories of chronophysics/astrophysics, and now he retreated to the library. His pencil fell on the ground, and the paper he wrote was scribbled with notes in physics, and strikes in a lot of words. At least, this was for the project at school. The teacher probably didn't know what energy was. He would be fine and he would get perfect scores, because he still knew that it was wrong:

"It has often been perceived that time travel is impossible, following Einstein's theory of relativity, in which e=mc2. Energy equals mass times square of the speed of light. It was assumed that there existed a time barrier, similar to the sound barrier, and the minimum speed would be c. But if we want to achieve C, it would be rubbish to claim so. A gigantic amount of energy would be required to balance the equation in the first place, and thus, impossible.
    But, hypothetically, if m=0, and c is > 0; e would be 0 as well. Therefore, in general terms, if an object has no energy, it would have no mass and would attain the square of the speed of light (8.8x1 billion).
    The question remains is: how can these numbers reach 0? A weightless object is theoretically unconstructable, but an object without energy is highly improbable. Not impossible. An object has energy from its position, and it is called potential energy. The atoms of an object move paradoxically and indefinitely, therefore, e=0 can only be achieved at Point Zero Kelvin; 0 degrees K, -273 degrees Celsius, when all the atoms of an object freeze and no energy would be produced, thus harvesting the speed of light."

He knew it was definitely wrong. But he was making it up, and he knew that Mrs Hars was too imbecile to know that it was wrong
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Ready to Roll Empty Re: Ready to Roll

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/7/2016, 8:24 am

Calling today hard was almost an understatement. Andy had been bit, punched and yelled at by her siblings all because of one measly prank involving some rubber bands and water nozzles, how was she supposed to know they were working on very technical magic? Either way the daughter of Hecate was rather pleased with her work but needed a place to lay low with Necro so her siblings didn't kill her or worse, try to prank her back. Retreating to the Library, the one place nobody would ever see her unless she needed to hide, she noticed a guy literally drooling as he was asleep on some papers. Laughing to herself she pulled out her phone and sniped a few photos before walking over and nudging him with the tip of her scythe's staff. Hey sleeping beauty wake up. She said with a straight face, Necro sitting on his hind legs and resting his front paws on the table to look at the sleeping camper.

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_261/set?id=195195015
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/7/2016, 9:46 am

"Five more minutes, mom." Nestor mumbled loudly so that she could hear, as he reached for a pencil and resumed writing on the sheet of paper, eyes-closed and half-asleep: 'Therefore, in order to construct a time machine, it is possible that one construct a device that could reduce the vehicle's temperature to -273 degrees Celsius, 0 degrees Kelvin. Unfortunately, no one has been able to succeed. The greenhouse effect, however, instead of just warming up the Earth, it in fact makes the Earth much much colder. The main idea is that the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is causing the temperature to descend. Thus, CO2 + Heat would make it cold, and sufficient reaction would make the temperature drop to 0, thus making time travel possible.'

He finished his 'sorta thesis-project' within exactly 5 minutes, and rose from his chair, rubbing his eyes. He realized that his messy blond hair was--messy, like a raven's nest. Nestor quickly straightened it, before turning to Andy. "Hi. You called?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/7/2016, 11:35 am

Andy frowned. I am NOT your mother. If I was you would be on the floor. She said sternly as Necro barked and moved back to her side, his tail moving gracefully and his red markings bright. He was enjoying his master's company to say the least, and the hellhounds just adored being rude to others.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/8/2016, 7:02 am

Nestor sighed. "Don't you know jokes? Besides, don't blame someone half-asleep." he said. "Anyway, why destroy my beauty sleep, huh?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/9/2016, 3:29 am

She rolled her eyes. Gee I don't know, maybe because you were drooling in your sleep. She said gesturing to the puddle on the table where his face was not moments before. Dismissing her scythe she crossed her arms in front of her and shifted her weight to her right leg, it was more relaxing and quit frankly she was growing bored of this kid. Hell, even some of her ghosts friends were agreeing.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/12/2016, 12:12 am

Nestor quickly flipped the book over the drool, concealing it completely. "What drool? Anyway, the name's Nestor." he introduced himself, "And you must be one of those--uhh, lemme guess. Thanatos? Or Hades? Or Hecate? Because only those three Underworld gods are in my mind." he said. Most likely Thanatos. Or Hecate. Hades campers weren't plenty around here, thus the latter were the best guesses.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/14/2016, 10:11 pm

Andy frowned, of course he wasn't drooling. Lie! I'm a daughter of Hecate, yes. Way to stereotype. She said rather annoyed with it all. Necro was bored as well as went about wandering through the library and trying to find other people to greet and hang out with.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/27/2016, 9:21 am

"Ah. So anyway, what book are you reading? Or are you hiding from some particular person in this library?" he asked. Her dog, Necro, began to wander off. "Hey, are you sure the hellhound is safe wandering off? Last time I saw a hellhound in here it bit the spine of a camper. Somehow. He was then forced into a wheelchair permanently."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/27/2016, 10:08 am

Necro is fine. Everyone knows him and he's more like a dog than a hellhound. She explained before sitting on the table Nestor was at. There was no reason she took a seat on the desk other than it being the closest thing to her.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 8:12 am

"Well, not me." he smirked. "Again, I ask, what are you reading?" Nestor repeated the question as she failed to answer the last time he asked.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 9:47 am

I read spellbooks and scrolls. Currently im working on an old Nordic scroll that seems to be rather interesting and based on the whole idea of reanimating someone or something dead. Truth be told it was rather interesting and after a conversation with Salem regarding it she was now more curious than ever as to whether or not it could be done.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 10:17 am

"Ahh. Magic. Yeah, I don't exactly believe in magic. I only trust science." he said, crushing his fake thesis and took his pen to write another fake thesis. Probably a demonstration. He drew two lines with the ruler, writing "Third Dimension" and "Fourth Dimension" on each, drawing a vertical line in the middle, which said 299 792 458 m / s. Then he proceeded to scribble beneath. This diagram shows the connection between the Third and Fourth Dimension. The Third is where we're living in, everything around us. The Fourth Dimension is time itself. It is everything that has happened, that is happening, and will happen. And you can travel to them. But if the diagram above is true, then why isn't light travelling through time? The answer is because only travelling faster than light would work. But he only got halfway when he crushed it and put it on the table. "No, this won't work. I should probably say something about how the theory of relativity is wrong." he mumbled to himself, though it was loud enough for a couple of people to eavesdrop.

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 10:35 am

The kid didn't believe in magic yet he was living proof of it as was Andy. Can I ask how you want to explain how raising skeletons from the dead is science? And how can by brother Andy summon tendrils of darkness to control as if they sprout from his back? Or how I can cause cuts on a person without touching them but just thinking of it and snapping my fingers? This kid was going to get a run for his money from the demigoddess. She was not one to let scientologists attempt to explain how the Hecate children did magic. It WAS magic, and those who believed it to be coincidental could only say that to an extent but the things Andy and her half brother could do were nothing that could even be related to science.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 10:47 am

Nestor tilted his head to the left. "So you tell me, wizard: why is water formed when hydrogen burns in air? Why does the sun have a life period? Why does nothing travel faster than light? I know magic is real, but I don't believe in it, as in I ignore it and never affiliate with it. Science and magic exist simultaneously in this multiverse." he said, turning back to his piece of paper. "Magic doesn't make sense. That's why I dislike it."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 10:57 am

Does too make sense. Andy said sitting in the chair across from where he was. She swiped one of his pieces of paper and pens before going to town on a drawing. My father stressed my heritage since I was old enough to understand who my mother was and I've been learning about magic and how it works since I was ten, I'm eighteen now by the way. Since coming to camp I've read through hundreds of scrolls and at least three dozen spell books in different languages. Magic, isn't as complex as everyone think. Andy continued her drawing and began labeling it in one of the languages she knew, more Nordic than anything. Everyone thought the Greeks were the first to really get into this but the Nords had a more documented history and stories about their gods.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 11:19 am

Nestor shrugged. "Father taught me about Einstein and e=mc2 before others could even count. Then I became obsessed with time travel. And for the past 13 years I've looked for answers." he sunk into his seat. "But life is unfair, so I've got nothing." he said, a little disappointed and sad. "I wanted to believe in magic when I was young. Then I saw the truth: science is losing to magic. And I followed science because I simply wanted to balance the equation."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 11:43 am

Andy laughed a little to herself before mentally asking Necro to bring her The Book. After a few moments the hellhound returned with an elegant book gently between his teeth, not a single one puncturing the leather. Thank you beautiful. Andy smiled as she took the book from him. Flipping through the book she began rewriting portions of it at various points on the drawing. Theres a theory I have about magic to where its really just science from other dimensions that's crossed over and some people have learned it. The Gods were the first and in turn they're immortal and all powerful but throughout time more has seeped over, which is about the Norse gods and Egyptians and everyone else in the world. The reason Hecate and Odin and such have a higher affiliation for it is because they're been exposed to it longer and have been exposed to so many different kinds. Turning the book to him and pointing to a page she continued without looking up.This look familiar? It was tough to make out to most but if you looked hard enough you could make out what looked like Einsteins theory of relativity written out in another language but still able to be read.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 12:10 pm

"If you mean the multiverse then yes, it is familiar." he said, chewing his pen. "It is possible. Explaining your theory is rather easy." Nestor took out a piece of paper and drew a straight line. "This is our reality. The world we live in." Then he drew a parllel line. "And this is the universe with magic. At certain points in time, there were ripples. Distortion in the space time continuum. The Chaos Theory. A set of chain reactions that created ripples so powerful they cross the borders between the third and fourth memory. Small gusts of these ripples washed on our reality. Throughout history more time ripples would form. So that's what you're implementing if I'm understanding this scientifically."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 12:30 pm

Andy nodded. Although I don't believe it is out science I do understand that some people believe it has to be scientific so I did some digging. It helps when you are fluent in three dead languages that a majority of spells are written in. Questions? She asked.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 12:33 pm

"Yes, do you believe in the Chaos Theory? Because its a scientific foundation for your theory." Nestor asked.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 12:36 pm

Truth be told I don't believe science is in any way related to magic. Magic is really an unexplained energy because no matter what you do there is never a real scientific explanation. It's impossible to bring life into something which is what Hecate demigods technically do when they bring skeletons back to life for a while. She said leaning back in her chair while crossing one knee over the other and crossing her arms in front of her.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/28/2016, 12:46 pm

"Yes, but even magic has its source. The Chaos Theory revolces around the illusion of free will. And with that came chaos. A single tiny event could cause a chain reaction that may change history. Foundation of the Multiverse. A series of decisions at one point in the past brought the Chaos Theory along created magic. In a different reality that doesn't go by the laws of physics. A reality which crossed over to us." he said. "A universe where the laws of magic exist instead. And once it passes over here it exists but the law of magic disappears."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/28/2016, 8:10 pm

Andy shrugged. I was simply explaining a theory that I had because of people like you who are more science based rather than believe it to just be magic. Summoning her scythe to her hand and pulling a stone from her pocket the wiccan began sharpening her weapon of choice and humming as she did so. Besides, the best part of magic is the mystery after all. Like how I have some powers where as my siblings have others.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 4/29/2016, 1:58 am

"Yeah..." Nestor shrugged. He took out his notebook, which was as thick as half of The Order of the Phoenix. It had notes and side blueprints stuck to the side. Many of the pages had worn afrer ten years. The cover had the handwriting of a five year old of the theory of relarivity. He clipped the notes he'd just written and wrote down Andy's theory quickly, before closing the notebook again. "Hey, you wanna go get somethin' to eat?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 6:30 am