A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Passing the time

Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female
    Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2016-05-16

Passing the time Empty Passing the time

Post by Fawcett 6/21/2016, 6:21 pm

Reading was probably the last thing one was able to accomplish in a room full of yelling and over excited campers. However, for Annalise, it didn't bother her too much, especially with the heat wave that had taken over the entirety of camp. She would take loud campers over uncomfortable heat wave any day of the week. Annalise wasn't exactly trying that hard to to focus on her book, it was mainly there to make herself look busy as her deep green eyes scanned the room and all of its content inside it. 

A small, well defined blonde ringlet was wrapped around Annalise's finger as she twirled it into a small curl. Dressed in her usual outfit of high waist shorts, dark green long sleeve crop top, and all black Vans, she positioned herself in a comfy well padded Lazyboy type chair, her legs hanging from the side of one of the arm rest. Her 'hiding spot' you could say, provided her with enough view to spy on her fellow camp mates but still hide herself from unwanted attention.
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male
    Number of posts : 85
    Registration date : 2016-05-30

Passing the time Empty Re: Passing the time

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/21/2016, 8:28 pm

As Dire stepped into the game room for the first time, he was elated AND disgusted at the same time. The room itself was amazing with all the games scattered around the room, but the noise was only making his headache worse. He cringed as if he stepped on a 9-inch nail and shook his head.
    Looks like preschool... He thought.
    He scanned the room for an emptier and quieter spot. The only place not COMPLETELY filled with people was where that unforgettable hair was.
    Crap! She's here! He thought
    He frantically looked around the room to find anywhere else to be, but his headache was too much so he went towards her. He grabbed the book he was reading from the Athena cabin, and sat a fair distance away from Annalise.

Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/21/2016, 9:03 pm

Annalise had some advantage from the small throne like seat she situated herself in; she could see everyone who entered and left the building. She most definitely saw Dire walk inside, have a look of panic display on his face and pick a seat far enough for him to think she didn't know he was here. She knew and she was going to say hi; and being the kind of person that she was, she was going to make a show of it. 

Walking over to the opened seat right across from him, she seated herself in the same position she was earlier - legs hanging from one side of an arm rest, her back propped against the other. She let out a sigh - an exaggerated one - and proceeded to flip through her book, Annalise conquers all (go figure). She let several minutes pass between them, hoping to cause an awkward tension between them before finally slamming her book down on her lap and proceed to stare at him. 
    "You know, you can't hide forever," she stated with a raised brow. "Trust me, I tried, it doesn't work out in the end."
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/21/2016, 9:18 pm

Dire was startled by the immediate movement, so much so that he dropped his book. He wanted to make a big ordeal about losing his place, but he took the statement she made to heart [just maybe in the wrong way].
    He decided to play stupid for the time being, "Hiding from what exactly, beautiful?"
    Me and my big fat mouth... He thought.
    He didn't mean to say "beautiful", was that too soon?
    He never knew with girls, he was never that talented with the opposite gender...
    Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/21/2016, 9:39 pm

She was thankful for the somewhat darken room as her cheeks lit up in a bright pink color. Thinking fast, she masked her uncertainty of the complement with a playful rolling of her eyes. "Not gonna happen, genius. You can't play dumb with me. You know exactly what I'm talking about." 
    With this, she seated herself up right, pulling one leg in underneath her and pulling the other one up to her chest. Her arms wrapped themselves around her propped up leg, her book dangling from her hands. What was with him today? Ares' kids can't show weakness or something?
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/21/2016, 9:56 pm

Dire was having fun making her semi frustrated. He wanted to make her annoyed so he didn't have to ruin her day anymore.
    Why do you want to push another girl away? Maybe it's time to grow up.
    He pondered that. "The only thing I'm running away from is you, sunshine. I can't ruin your life like everyone else's." He said with a serious, but relaxed way. He fiddled with his dog tag, that was originally inside his Captain America compression shirt.
    "Maybe I'm running for everyone's well being..."
    He looked at the dog tag, then tucked it back into his shirt.
    Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/21/2016, 10:26 pm

"But who's to say you're ruining my life? I mean it is my life? Don't I at least have some what of say in it?" She glanced down at her fingers, a bright red color gleamed up at her as she inspected her newly polished nails. This time, she was going to pick them. Instead, she clasped them on her lap and looked up at him, her eyebrows scrunched together. "You're not going to hurt me by being a friend."
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/21/2016, 11:54 pm

"History is to say, precious!"
    I REALLY need to stop with the names... He thought
    "You heard the story, every person I've let in has died! Maybe that face is too darn pretty, and soul too clean to be massacred by me!"  He really liked Annalise, he would date her on the spot. If THAT didn't work out, he would still LOVE to be friends. He learned over the years of running, to give things up. She would just have to be one of those things.
    "Who's to say I don't ruin lives?"
    IT'D BE GREAT TO BE MIND CONTROLLED OUT OF THIS SO YOU COULD ACTUALLY HAVE A STEADY RELATIONSHIP WITH HER!!! He thought to himself.
    But maybe she's right... Maybe I won't hurt her by letting her in...
    Try it. I DARE you. His thoughts mocked
    Fine... Then, if that's how you're going to be... He argued.
    Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/22/2016, 6:24 pm

Annalise bit down on the inside of her cheek, a brow raised in question. She understood where he was coming from, but if he ever planned on creating better life for himself, it was going to be darn near impossible to do that when he refused to let people close. But once again, it was none of Annalise's business to tell him what to do. "All I'm suggesting is to let yourself have friends. Besides, I can assure you, we can all take care of ourselves."  

(Sorry, this is a really crappy post. I'm trying to finish a paper xD)
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/22/2016, 8:47 pm

(OOC: I understand XD ur the last person u have to explain urself to)

Dire pondered this thought for a good minute, keeping a long awkward silence between the two.
    Why not? He thought
    Because she'll get hurt too... He answered.
    Then, for the first time since birth, his thoughts made some sense.
    But these aren't ordinary people, these are sons and daughters of  the Greek gods! They can handle the things you may or may not bring apon them!!!
    How did I talk myself out of that?
    Because you're a sucker for pretty girls.
    At that, he chuckled "Alright, sunshine you win. Now scootch."
    He got his book, got up, and went to sit with Annalise.
    Best be thankful you went put deoderant on after that run...
    Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/22/2016, 10:01 pm

A small chuckled escaped her lips as she did her best to make room. However, being that this was a one person seat, there wasn't much space for the both of them. "Or you can just drag a chair over here and sit in that one. I'm not about to get squished by you in a chair that can only hold one of us." She sent him a smirk that resulted, once again, in a small chuckled escaping her mouth
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/22/2016, 11:57 pm

"That was the point, cutie." He said with a playful eyeroll.
    Instead of grabbing a chair, Dire walked out right in front of Annalise, and hit one knee.
    "Okay, I am NOT about to propose to you," He chuckled "BUT... I am about to tell you something. I have thought about it, and if I'm not going to push you away then I want to fully embrace you. I just have to ask you something..." He pulled a ring pop out of his pocket
    I TOLD YOU IT WAS WORTH THE SEARCH!!! He thought after remembering the search through all of cabin 5 looking for the ring pop.
    "Annalise, will you go out with me?"
    It was at that moment, Dire realized: He looked like a dork. He was asking a girl out on one knee, with ring pop, all with a Captain America compression shirt on.
    If it helps, I'd say yes.
    It doesn't.
    Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/23/2016, 7:51 pm

Annaliase wasn't entirely sure of what to say. She would, of course, admit the gesture was sweet, and extremely comical, but was she really ready to date someone? She hadn't really though of that, especially after she first arrived at camp. She had dated a guy back at home a couple of times but it turned out there were best at just being friends. The whole idea of dating was slightly nerve-racking to her. It made her extremely anxious when other people voiced their intentions of liking her and wanting to go out (that's probably why it was hard for to react to a complement in a normal way), especially when she respected the friendship they had previously established. To her, she did not want to ruin something that was already good. However, who was to say it couldn't get better? 

Annalise sat very still with a small smile on her face. She truly did appreciate the gesture, but in that moment, she was really nervous. Wouldn't it be better if we just started out has friends? And then work it up to a possible dating relationship? She really did like Dire, but as a friend? At least for right now. But what was one date? It couldn't hurt, right? At least she hoped it wouldn't.

What felt like eternity, probably only lasted .02 seconds before she slowly nodded her head in agreement. "Sure, I'd love to." However, seeing the state that he was still in, she quickly covered her mouth to suppress the giggling coming from her lips.
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/23/2016, 9:46 pm

Dire was probably the most surprised out of the two, he expected her to shoot him down. Yet, shoot him down softly. As if shooting a pillow out of a bazooka.
    "Really?!" He said with the most genuine smile he'd used in years
    "Where do you want to meet? Where do you think the most romantic place at camp is? I personally think it's the observatory." He stood up so he didn't look so dumb, and frowned at the ring pop for having such loud plastic.
    She is gonna dump you like sack of potatoes... He thought
    Let's not forget who told me to do it.He bit back
    I didn't think you were this stupid. You'll be lucky if she even shows up. Also, what about that Rite of... Passage is it? Aphrodite children have to break a poor guy's heart to get it.
    That got his gears turning. What if that's her plan. She OBVIOUSLY had to have dated before him, and they aren't even a couple. That thought scared him
    That's what I thought, slick.
    I need to stop listening to you.
    You couldn't live without me, hun. He thought in a Harley Quinn voice
    I think I've accepted madness too proudly...
    Fawcett
    Fawcett

Female

Post by Fawcett 6/24/2016, 9:13 pm

Besides her cabin, the beach, and the library, there weren't many places Annalise ever desired to see - well besides the Mess hall of course. She was given a quick overlook of camp when she first arrived here two years ago, but other than the few places she considered her favorite, she never felt the need to go explore. "The observatory sounds nice, but where ever sounds good to me." She had pulled her legs in a cross-legged position and sat back in the reclining chair she was relaxing in. A small defined curl was wrapped around her pointer finger as she mindless twirled it around between her fingers.
    DireTheDemigod
    DireTheDemigod

Male

Post by DireTheDemigod 6/24/2016, 10:05 pm

Dire bit his finger in thought. He didn't want to mess this up. That would be a crappy start to his debut into the dating world. The only other time he did anything along the lines of dating was going to a school dance, and after that him and the other girl didn't speak.
    "Okay meet me there tonight." He tried to contain his excitement into just a smile, and he couldn't even tell if he succeeded. He rushed out, but came back and said, "Thank you for breaking down a wall that would've taken me years to break on my own, and thank you for caring enough to help." He tossed the ring pop to her, and rushed out to do gods knows what.
    This is gonna be hilarious!!! He thought

(OOC: Indeed it will! So I'm gone, I'll start one in the observatory. You don't have to respond immediately if you don't want.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 2:38 am