A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Crafting Level Expert [morgan]

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Crafting Level Expert [morgan] Empty Crafting Level Expert [morgan]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 11/4/2016, 10:39 pm

Crafting Level Expert [morgan] 1z319nd

Skylar walked through camp with Peaches trotting by her side happily and Gizmo on her shoulder resting his wings. Today was crammed full of orders from the Ares and Aphrodite kids for two very different reasons. The Ares demigods both demanded and required new sets of armor due to the last game of Capture the Flag, a match they didn't even end up winning thanks to the Underworld demigods. Whereas the Aphrodite daughters and sons wanted new jewelry for a fashion show many of then were going to in Milan over the Thanksgiving break. It was a tall order to fill with thanks to her abilities courteous of her father the demigoddess didn't worry about it too much. As she worked Gizmo would project the 3D images of the requested items in order to help her keep tabs on her work, even if it wasn't necessary, and Peaches cuddled up next to the dragon to sleep and keep warm. Working diligently and expertly, using only the best materials of course, Skylar began her work before the sun even rose for the day.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Crafting Level Expert [morgan] Empty Re: Crafting Level Expert [morgan]

Post by Morgan Landry 12/8/2016, 5:15 am

Dayami walked in with a donut in her mouth. Since being claimed by Thalia, she had moved into her own cabin -- and was completely alone in it, which meant she had to attend lessons by herself. This would be her first real forging class ever since the disastrous time she had attempted to make a survival knife with one of the Hermes kids. Maybe she'd have more luck today.

"Hello?" she asked, walking further into the forge. It didn't look like anyone was here. Dayami took a bite of her donut and decided to explore. There was lots of interesting stuff around! Pieces of glowing armour, wicked swords, buckets of actual lava, a pizza box.... She twirled around, inspecting hammers and tongs, looking at the different types of ovens, and wondering what this weird tool over there would do if she pressed on the big red button. So many exciting things!
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/8/2016, 2:43 pm

Gizmo, who was flitting about in Skylar's boxes for minerals, heard footsteps and saw a girl eyeing a button to a project one of the ares kids had been working on. Zipping in front of her he held up a metal paw and waved it in front of her face. 'that would not be wise' his voice box said in a young boy's voice. Sky, who had heard the metal dragon fly away, turned and eyed the stranger. "Don't tough things you don't understand." She gave a warning before going back to expertly crafting a sword and dagger pair for an Ares child who had nearly threatened her with the old one.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/8/2016, 5:35 pm

Dayami spun around. A few meters away stood a pretty blonde girl with big shoulders who was hitting a cool dagger into shape. So there was someone in here after all!

"Then I wouldn't get to touch anything," she said. "Also, hi! I'm Dayami! What's your name? Are you a child of Hephaestus? Wow, that dagger looks awesome, is it celestial bronze?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/9/2016, 10:21 am

Skylar gave a sideways glance at the girl and rolled her eyes. "Skylar, yes and yes." She said whole working as the fennec fox perked his ears up and looked around while Gizmo went back to rummaging around in her storage bins to look for materials for the next aphrodite project, a rather intricate diadom.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/9/2016, 3:47 pm

"Skylar is such a cool name! Sounds like sky and stellar in one word. Too bad you're not the daughter of some star god, cause that would've been hilarious. Maybe, with Hephaestus...  sky and, um... compiler? Nailed it!" She chuckled heartily. "Get it? Cause nails are used for crafting and you're the daughter of the crafting god," she explained, giggling some more at her pun.

But the young Filipina was very interested in what Skylar was doing. She moved closer and quickly finished her donut, which left some traces of icing and sugar on her upper lip. "How long have you been working on this knife for? Is it hard?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/9/2016, 6:50 pm

"If you don't shut up or keep the taking down it's going to take longer." She scowled while moving past the girl to grab items from Giz who had a few gemstones in his paws for her. Taking them happily she began grinding them and molding them into specific shapes that were specified by the Aphrodite kids while the metal cooled.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/10/2016, 2:27 pm

"I'm not really good at shutting up. A lot of people tried over the years," Dayami chirped. "Is it for someone? Oooooh that looks pretty," she said, looking at the gemstones. "Are those sapphires? Like, actual sapphires?" Skylar must be rich, she thought. Or maybe people here were just allowed to use gems for projects. How cool was that!
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/11/2016, 11:43 pm

She groaned in annoyance and began working again. Gizmo continued fetching various minerals and gems for the diadom as Skylar worked with skilled hands and in a rhythm that was unmatched by anyone who wasn't a skilled blacksmith.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/12/2016, 5:51 am

Totally oblivious to Skylar's irritation, Dayami shuffled closer to get a better look. The gemstones glittered so prettily! Skylar's hands worked with super speed, creating the jewel right under her eyes as if someone had pressed a fast-motion button. Dayami's icing-flecked mouth opened widely. "Woooooow," she whispered, totally captivated. "You are so talented! I wish I was as talented as you. Do you work in the forge a lot? Can I learn this too?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/14/2016, 8:24 pm

Yes, no. She said without looking up from her work and taking a few gemstones from Gizmo and then began finding their places in the tiara. It wasn't a difficult job for her but there was always the worry that the Aphrodite kid would approve of it because gods forbid they don't like a fashion statement they paid for because they could be as bad as the ares kids.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/17/2016, 1:05 am

"Aw, why not? I'm sure I can learn a lot if I set my mind to it!" She smiled enthusiastically, her mouth still flecked with icing. She was determined! She was excited! She was ready! She could do anything! Just looking at what Skylar was making filled her with wonder and a desire to craft. She was a 100% ready.

OOC: Just realized I didn't describe what she looked like. Small 15 years old Filipina with a huge smile full of dimples and a Pokemon tee. She's not thin or fit, she has leg jiggle and belly fat, and basically looks like you're average girl.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/2/2017, 11:08 pm

The teen groaned and rolled her eyes before turning and glaring at the other demigoddess. "For starters I don't have icing still stuck to my face like a six year old. Secondly, I'm a daughter of Hephaestus and this comes naturally to me so much so that i can literally see projected patterns on my workspace in front of me. Furthermore you have no upper body strength what so ever it seems and in turn I see no need to train you at my level so if you want to learn first you must build the strength." She frowned and went back to her work, Gizmo on her shoulder.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/5/2017, 2:12 pm

Dayami's face fell. A moment later, her mouth twitched a little.

She didn't understand why the girl was being so angry and rude to her. Or why she looked down on her like that. She thought she was nice.
    Dayami looked at the ground, silent. Should she leave...? She sort of felt like it. She wasn't excited or enthusiastic anymore, and all her good mood had flown away.
    But she didn't want to leave on a bad note. Eventually she looked back up and said in a meek voice: "You can see patterns in front of you? That's pretty awesome."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/6/2017, 2:28 am

Gizmo poked Sky's head and she rolled her eyes as her hands worked swiftly and skillfully to work on the tiara like headpiece. Yes. She said without much enthusiasm in her voice or care really.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2017, 1:22 pm

Fortunately, at that moment, the people from the forging class came in. Some were yawning, as if they had just been dragged out of bed. After saying bye to the eye-rolling Skylar, Dayami skipped over to her class and began chatting with everyone. Her excitement was coming back gradually and she was happy to talk with the others. Who cared about whatever Skylar had said? She would make it. She would become good at forging. She had the eagerness to learn and the determination to get better, and she would make it.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/7/2017, 1:14 am

Sky spotted the intermediate level forging class, most of which were her siblings or Ares kids, and walked over to stand at the forge for the lesson director. Those of you who failed to bring me the rapier I assigned last lesson go to the anvils and finish it my the end of class or by the gods i will burn you alive. She let that sink in and turned to the half a dozen who remained. Those of you who are not a part of the intermediate to advanced crafting experience should leave and go to another set of work stations.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2017, 6:23 am

"Rapiers are useless!" an Ares kid shouted from the back.

"What are we gonna do with them, pick our teeth?"

Snickering erupted around the forge. It was known that Ares kids liked big nasty weapons like maces, electric spears and poisoned swords. A rapier was just not their style.

Sawyer sighed. She did agree with the Ares cabin on this one -- rapiers were not very useful to demigods, you couldn't just fence against a monster -- but didn't want to get into a fight this early in the morning. Whilst the beginner class trailed off behind Shane, the rest went to their work stations and waited for the lesson to begin. It was Skylar's turn to take it today and she looked very irritated. Hopefully she wouldn't keep taking her anger out on them like she just did.
    Sawyer set up her work station, getting out her tools and pencils and compasses whilst chatting about football with her neighbour.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 1/15/2017, 6:31 am

Sky smirked rather deviously at the Ares. Thank's for volunteering to clean everyone's work stations for the next week, was afraid you're buddy there would be left to do it all alone. She chuckled before stepping behind her own anvil as Gizmo flew around and grabbed materials she needed for the lesson.

Right. Since you kids want something a bit heavier to use let's talk about these bad boys. She said pulling out a Buster sword and smirking at how massive the weapon was, seeing as it was a weapon she frequently used in training to build strength. This suit you more? She said with a cheeky grin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 12:16 am