A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
calvin
FinnsRainbow
6 posters

Reunion

FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Reunion Empty Reunion

Post by FinnsRainbow 3/1/2021, 7:52 pm

The cabin's courtyard was oddly silent. Granted, it was the middle of the night. David set his backpack at his feet, taking his time to look at the sprawling cabins in the flickering torchlight. The buildings had expanded over the years as more and more deities were added under the supervision of Percy Jackson. It was an important, but endless endeavour. Even now, six years after the Second Titan War, the project wasn't complete.
    David rarely came at this time of year - usually he was at uni in New Rome, on the other side of the country, with his boyfriend - but now that the two had broken up and he was taking a semester at Columbia to get away from everything, he felt like a trip to Camp Half-Blood was in order
    It had always been his home, this crazy mythological training precinct. It was where his strongest friendships were forged, where he'd had his first kiss, where he had learned and fought and won and lost. There was a sort of connection to this place, that was even stronger than the time he'd visited the Parthenon in Nashville. And for something to feel stronger than a temple to your own godly mother... that's something.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Reunion Empty Re: Reunion

Post by calvin 3/1/2021, 9:09 pm

Reunion Tenor

Coming back to camp was an odd sensation for me. The last time I had stepped on the soil of Camp Half-Blood was 5 years ago. I was 19 years old at the time. Since then I had led a relatively normal life outside of the camp's borders. I had a stable, well-paying corporate job and a nice apartment. I had gotten husky, even grown a since shaven but steadily regrowing beard. I had been feeling unfulfilled, however. A cubicle was nothing compared to the memories of the adventures I had gone on with my friends as a teen, and I couldn't converse about these things with anyone else.

About half a year ago I came back; not as a camper, but as an instructor. I was never a great student in public school or at camp, but I was proficient in my powers. I knew how to use them, and I wished I had someone to show me how to control these abilities when I was younger, so I stepped up. I now teach the sons and daughters of water or electricity-based Gods how to use their powers effectively and responsibly. This was my fulfillment.

It was the middle of the night in the Cabins' Courtyard. I liked to traverse the campgrounds at times like these to try and see what I could remember about camp while everyone was asleep. Surprisingly, another individual was awake. He was looking out at the cabins. "They're beautiful, aren't they?" I said to him as I walked up. "The cabins, I mean." I continued, grinning.

Last edited by calvin on 3/2/2021, 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 3/2/2021, 6:40 am

David turned around at the voice. "Oh hey, Jeremy. How come you're awake?" Campers weren't allowed out past curfew, it was like handing out free food coupons to the harpies. But there again, Jeremy wasn't a run-of-the-mill camper anymore, he was an instructor. Unlike David, who had preferred to sacrifice his mental health for an academic curriculum. To each his own. That being said, he was glad to see a familiar face. So many campers had left, either for a life in New Rome or to brave the dangers of the outside world. It was hard to keep track of who was where. Especially now, with Covid, a lot of campers from the Apollo, Asclepius and Hygeia cabins had taken it upon themselves to help the pandemic efforts. Suffice to say, this was by far the emptiest Camp Half-Blood David had ever seen.
    "It's been a hot minute, mate. How've you been?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2021, 7:25 am

An icy gust of wind hissed through the air. The darkness around them deepened, cold, void-like, before spitting two silhouettes out onto the grass.
    The first one, dressed in flashy colours and asymmetric clothes, was holding her stomach as if she was about to vomit. "Urgh, I hate shadow-traveling," she said in a quivering voice.

"Sorry, but it was the quickest and safest way," the second figure said. Dressed in a mixture of Roman and modern clothing, she had a satchel on one shoulder and a stack of books under her arm. Holding out a hand, she helped the other girl to her feet before looking around.

"Looks like we're not alone, Maddy," she grinned, catching sight of the two guys.

"David? ... Jeremy?"

OOC: It's Morgan, daughter of Hekate, and Maddy, daughter of Dionysus
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9301
    Registration date : 2010-06-23

Post by Aves 3/2/2021, 5:59 pm

Kate had walked out of her cabin, not regarding the curfew anymore. The times she had been in trouble for being out past hadn't stopped her, the punishments weren't the worst and she just needed to eat most of the time she was out past the curfew. As was the case this evening, she had done school work through dinner time and now was too hungry to sleep. Kate had come out of the cabin just in time to see the two girls pop in from shadow traveling. She also saw the noticed the two instructors hanging out in the middle of the courtyard. The teen shrugged to herself and figured she would join them, "Hey y'all!" She greeted, smiling as she joined the group.

Last edited by Aves on 6/27/2021, 10:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Post by Rick Sanchez 3/2/2021, 6:20 pm

Things had definitely not gone his way tonight. Covered in ash all over himself except for his eyes where the goggles were, Rick stumbled out of the lightly smoking workshop he had just contributed to destroying for the third time this month. He was always a tinkerer, moreso when he was still an aggressive teen high on sugar and probably opium, but now he would call himself “washed” as the cool kids say, and his declining technical competence has shown again. Unfortunately for him, his twin sister left Camp as soon as she turned 18 nearly two years ago, leaving him alone as one of the adult instructors by the Athena cabin, meaning he would have to clean up the mess he just made by himself.

Rick picked up a clean towel from the top of his bunk in the room adjacent to the workshop, wiping the filth so that at least he was recognisable. Not wanting to make his room filthy, he rushed outside to the Courtyard, his next destination probably being the showers; however, he can’t help but notice a group of campers gathering in the middle of it all.

“It’s okay, everyone!” Rick called out, pointing to the thin trail of smoke rising from the workshop next to the Athena cabin. “That’s just a minor experiment gone wrong, you don’t need to call Chiron in, nor the fire department, I’m getting it fixed. Please bury this under the rug, Jeremy.” He winked at the fellow instructor, hoping he’d turn a blind eye this time.

“Say, you two seem awfully familiar and a bit old for campers?” His observation wasn’t that on point, even 30 year olds can look like teens, but he was sure he knew these ones. The Camp had remained quite empty for a hot minute, so he’d have no issue knowing who was or wasn’t a camper. “Do I know you from somewhere or vice versa say three to four years ago? I’m Rick, professional troublemaker as a product of Athena’s upbringing, just in case you don’t recognise my name.”
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 3/2/2021, 6:34 pm

David had been planning on a stealthy return. Just quietly coming back to his old bunk, say hi quickly, and hit the hay. But now people were popping up left and right? First, two girls shadow-traveled in (one who looked like she was about to throw up), then another one walked out of cabin 6. Wait.... he knew her! That was his younger sister Kate! Granted, he hadn't seen her since she was like, 12, but it was always nice to see family.

"Hey Kate! And Morgan! And... wait a second, you're Maddy Scott right?"

He had never really hung out with Maddy. He remembered her as one of the party kids her at Camp Half-Blood, who always stood out with her bright colours and weird fashion sense. But he had seen her in a bunch of movies, including one of his favourite Netflix series. He couldn't believe he had Kaeya from Silvermark right in front of him!
    But he didn't get to ask her about season 3 and what was going to happen now that Zane had died because a huge noise came from somewhere to his right and he saw... yet another Athena kid. Covered in soot from head to toe. Was this a reunion he wasn't aware of?

"Hey Rick, I'm your half-brother. David? I don't think I've seen you around much, I was gone for the past three years. Studying and everything."
    muse
    muse

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 289
    Registration date : 2014-06-01

Post by muse 3/2/2021, 6:49 pm

There was something surreal about being back at camp for Franklin. On the one hand, this place had taken him in when he'd most needed a home, but on the other hand it had nearly killed him. In the years since he'd last set foot in this courtyard,  he'd bounced in and out of treatment and through nearly everything therapist in New York. It had taken awhile, but he figured he was ready to come back and make peace with the place that had raised him for so many years.

He had been hoping to make a midnight round of camp in peace after spending some time in his (still deserted, as always) cabin, but the sounds of an explosion reminded him that "peace" and "camp" never really went together. The teenage trauma tour would have to wait until after he confirmed that no one was actively dying.

He poked his head out of the front door and noticed the group of (former? Most of them looked too old to be current, and it was past curfew anyway) campers by cabin 6. Some of them looked vaguely familiar, like he might have seen them around meals (when he had bothered to go, anyway), but none of them had really been his friends (not that he'd had too many of those during his time here anyway).

"Everyone alright?" He asked cautiously as he came up to them. "... And is your cabin meant to be smoking like that?"
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Post by calvin 3/2/2021, 7:59 pm

Reunion Tumblr_inline_o9379cj2Ml1sc1u2x_250

I was ecstatic to see a familiar face. David was someone I hadn't interacted with much at CHB, but I could never forget a face. "To say I've been well would be... a lie. I'm just happy to be back at camp. Nothing like it." I explained, rolling on the balls of my feet and looking down at the ground as I talked. "Just wish there were more of us, y'know? Anyways, how have you been man? It's been as long as I can remember." I continued.

As if on cue, two figures appeared before us, as if from thin air. My shoulders tensed and my fists balled as I turned my head, but I relaxed immediately upon my realization. "Morgan and ...M-Maddy." I said, stumbling over my own words. It had been 5 years since I had seen them last, and I was in no way prepared to strike up conversation with someone I had dated as a teenager.

Within what seemed like seconds, more and more campers began to seep in from what seemed like nowhere. Some familiar, some not. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a... curfew?"
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 3/2/2021, 11:02 pm

Kate smiled and waved politely at David, it had been years since she had seen her brother. Last she had heard he was going to Uni in New Rome, this was definitely a happy surprise to see him here. She had a passing knowledge of Morgan and Maddy as Kate had met each of them a handful of times around camp, but she had never met Jeremy.

The blonde girl flinched and ducked a little when the loud noise tore through the night. A light blush of embarrassment covered her cheeks as she looked over her shoulder to see the source of the noise was Rick. After rolling her eyes, knowing one of his experiments had gone wrong again. She looked over at the young man who had come to check on the group, "Yeah, Rick's experiments usually turn out that way."

Kate looked at the group again, after Jeremey's question, before realizing she was probably the only one here the curfew applied to. The teen silently hoped one of them would at least take her to get some food before making her go back to Cabin #6, if any of them were going to enforce the rule anyway.

Last edited by Aves on 3/16/2021, 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 3/3/2021, 5:12 am

David looked at the smoke coming from the Athena cabin. More campers were roused from their sleep. He was about to run and help, but they evidently had everything under control: a few of his siblings rolled out an ingenious water system while the others massed outside, still yawning. The fire was put out in the blink of an eye.
    Surprised by their blazé, this is just another Tuesday attitude, he turned to Kate. "You're telling me this guy routinely tries destroying our cabin?" Damn. He was glad he had gotten all of his valuables safely to New Rome. If any of his precious papyri had been damaged...
    Things really had changed around here.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2021, 3:36 am

Morgan was busy supporting a still shivering Maddy. The usually upbeat and chatty daughter of Dionysus looked depleted - she had gotten skinnier, her face was emaciated. Morgan remembered finding her at the entrance of Caldecott Tunnel, nothing but a bag on her shoulders and a look of utter exhaustion on her face. She had housed her in her student flat and taken care of her until she was fit enough to find herself a job in one of the numerous bars of New Rome. But although she had recuperated, she wasn't back to normal just yet. Which was why the two had decided to come back to Camp Half-Blood, in the hopes that her health would improve here. Who knows, maybe her godly father could do something for her.
    Morgan also felt like a stay in the Greek camp would be welcome. Although she had fallen head over heels for New Rome, Camp Half-Blood would always be her first (mythological) home. And right now, with the pandemic going on and the world generally going to sh!t, it was refreshing to be back here.... where the adventure had started.

Maddy finally found her footing. Mouthing thanks to Morgan, she blew into her hands to warm herself. Although she forced small smiles at the growing group of demigods, her eyes kept straying to the Dionysus cabin. She just wanted to be in bed, pull the blanket over her head and sleep in till noon. But would she get nightmares again? They had receded a little bit in New Rome, but sometimes they came back in full swing, like they did back when she was in LA.
    Rubbing her hands together for warmth, she glanced around at the people. David, Kate, Rick, Franklin,... and Jeremy. He had changed, she could see. Whereas she had gotten skinnier and grown bags under her eyes, he seemed in full health. She hadn't really talked to him in years - ever since she had left camp to pursue her dream of becoming an actress. Maybe a catch-up would be in order, sometime later.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Post by Rick Sanchez 3/4/2021, 5:28 pm

Rick understood his two half-siblings' concern. He never knew David very well in person but he knew every one of his siblings; nonetheless, since David mentioned having been absent from Camp in the last three years, one would expect he'd have no idea how chaotic the cabin would be with Rick's weekly endeavours.

"No, you got it wrong: I try to do stuff for the cabin, but because science is just unreliable considering our own heritage and the world we're associated with, it often leads to, let's say, unfortunate outcomes." Rick turned to David, nodding his head at the fire being quickly put out by his other half-siblings with minimal effort. "Like that. On the other hand, the sciency thingies always just work more often than they fail so I haven't lost my job here. Yet."

"Kate!" he spun around to his other half-sibling, the one he knows is aware of the weekly mess he leaves behind. "I'd ask you to pretend you saw nothing, like the rest of our cabin agrees to every week and not let Chiron find out, but because it's routine I guess you know what to do. Point is, David here would understand what I mean with that. Right?" Rick gave the kid a wink, not even bothering to wait for an answer before an attempt to change the discussion was made.

The son of Athena looked at the little crowd that was gathering. He doesn't know any of them except for Kate and David, but from their age, he could deduct that they came back for old times' sake. "I know that there's a curfew law in place, but I honestly can't recall who was the person that asked," he said, shifting his gaze to Jeremy, "so let's just say I pretended to neglected my duty as one of the instructors to force you back to your cabins or to the Big House and I'll get a free slap on the wrist for this little reunion, how does that sound, Morgan?"

He didn't exactly need an introduction, Morgan and Maddy were well-known way back, even if Rick never got to meet them, but he figured after 5-ish something years, it would be interesting; the experience would be like never getting to know someone in high school, then meeting them when they already became adults. "I'm Rick." he extended his hand, but pulled it back once he realised it was still filthy from the mess he made from the workshop, as well as the fact that Morgan was still supporting her friend. "Actually we can skip formalities, does your friend Maddy need any extra help? I'm supposed to be doing my job, which includes stuff like this."

OOC: sometimes I'll type with colours when I can get on the PC :D
    Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 3/4/2021, 10:51 pm

Shaking her head Kate glanced as the other campers from the Athena Cabin put out the fire quickly and went back to bed after the initial shock and excitement died down. She understood David's concerns and surprise at the normality of the unfortunate outcome, as Rick had put it. Her heart had never really been in Rick's science lessons but they were fun from time to time, especially when she was younger and some of them had unfortunate outcomes.

Kate nodded at Rick, the two of them had this conversation so many times already that she definitely knew what needed to be done. "He should, if not I'll help him understand." She said trying to be polite, but giving David a look trying to convey that they would talk about it later.

Turning her gaze to Morgan and Maddy with some concern as the latter blew into her hands for warmth and rubbed them together after she had finally found her footing. She looked different than the last time Kate had seen her at camp. Kate quickly took off her gloves and offered them to her, "You can have these if you need them." The younger girl offered kindly, "I can get you a coat from my bunk too if you need one."

Last edited by Aves on 3/16/2021, 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 3/11/2021, 8:25 am

David looked dubious. Rick's "explanation" was doing the opposite of convincing him. "Maybe you just need more thought-out protocols," he shrugged. "And nope, I don't understand," he added with a deadass stare at Rick's wink. "Weird, but some of us here actually care about things like safety measures."
    He had a tough time believing Chiron was unaware of this regular will cabin #6 blow up this week? Tune in to find out! rollercoaster. Between the Stoll brothers, Leo Valdez and the general crop of pranksters, mischief-stirrers and bronze-for-brains demigods that regularly waltzed into camp every other Thursday, Chiron had probably seen it all by now. David was willing to wager all of his drachmas that the centaur was simply done with this kind of bs and was just rolling with it at this point. After all, he had much more serious issues to tend to: training newbies, organizing games, liaising with Camp Jupiter, all that on top of the demigod COVID relief project. His hands (and hoofs) were full.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/12/2021, 7:09 am

Maddy hadn't really been listening to the cabin #6 feud but perked up when Kate gave her gloves. "Oh thank you, sweetheart" she said with a shiver, slipping them on. "I don't remember the last time Camp Half-Blood was this cold."

"It's not that cold, you've just been starving," Morgan said. She nodded at Rick in greeting before checking back in with Maddy. "You feeling okay?"

"I'm alright for now," the daughter of Dionysus nodded. "Thanks guys."

Morgan let her go and took a moment to properly look at the little group of demigods. The only persons she really interacted with back in her teen years were David, Franklin and Jeremy. Rick and Kate were younger and although she remembered seeing them around camp, she had never properly spoken to either.

"Well, I've got to say it's nice to be back. Apart from the Athena cabin's explosion hazard, has anything interested happened here lately?"

Aves
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Aves 3/16/2021, 3:16 pm

Kate smiled softly, sliding her hands into the pocket of her hoodie. "Anytime!" She said kindly thinking that it had been a little more chilly around camp recently, there wasn't any snow on the ground anymore but it wasn't yet spring. She watched as Morgan let Maddy stand unassisted for the first time since they had appeared, still a little wary that something might happen.

David had a point that we should probably care more about the safety protocols, and they were in place, some people just ignored them anyway. Rick among the worst offenders. Kate shook her head to answer Morgan's question, she hadn't been out of her cabin much.

OOC: sorry for switching to third person randomly, i'm going to edit my last posts to match

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:55 pm