A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

☆ astrid laurel | asteriai | remake ☆

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

☆ astrid laurel | asteriai | remake ☆ Empty ☆ astrid laurel | asteriai | remake ☆

Post by calvin 3/1/2021, 11:55 pm

☆ astrid laurel | asteriai | remake ☆ MerryVioletIvorybackedwoodswallow-small

Astrid

Name: Astrid Laurel

Age: Physically 22 years old. She's not sure how long she's actually been around though.

Eyes: Grey

Hair: Astrid's hair color changes depending on her mood.

Height: 5 foot 8 inches.

Body Type: Astrid is small and on the more slender side.

Sexuality: Bisexual

Skin Color: Tanned, with an unnatural pink hue.

Appearance: Astrid's outfits usually consist of sweatshirts or hoodies with pastel colors, colorful hair clips, mom jeans, and whatever else she finds cool. She always looks as though she's blushing.

Godly Parent: Astrid is an asteriai, or a star nymph.

Mortal Parents: None

Country of Origin: United States of America

Pets: None.

Talents: Astrid is a talented stage performer and is a great student, specifically in the areas of astrology and cosmology.

Skills: Adept Swordfighting and Expert Star Navigator

Weapon: A celestial bronze shortsword.

Personality: Astrid is an extremely hyperactive individual. She is overly-friendly and can sometimes come off as overbearing or clingy. She is very impatient and can't seem to sit still. As a star nymph she has not had a lot of opportunities to make friends, so she talks to whoever whenever she feels like.

Flaws: As stated above, Astrid is incredibly impatient. She is also very naïve, as she was not raised like others at CHB were. She has a slight social ineptitude due to her lack of sufficient human interaction and a slight stutter.

Powers: Astrid possess minor ouranokinesis. She can create an orb of burning hot sunlight to follow her around and brighten an area or burn/blind a target. She can use this power 5 times with a 1 hour recharge time (3 posts). She can also use this power in the form of beams of sunlight emitted from her palms. She can raise the heat of the beam, adjust the brightness, widen it and narrow it in order to focus or weaken its intensity. This power can be used 5 times per topic as well, but with a 45 minute recharge time (2 posts). She can also generate plumes of stardust from her palms, which functions more or less like sand. Cooldown reflects that of the sunlight beams.

Astrid also possesses Dermo-Chromokinesis, allowing her to alter her skin/hair color and/or pattern, whether it be natural or completely irregular. This power can be used 3 times per topic and the effects last until the end of the topic unless deactivated.

Astrid is also bioluminescent as a result of her asteriai physiology, as well as a minor empath. She can read the emotions of others and sway them in small ways, like making a sad person feel a tad bit happier.

Life Before CHB: Astrid never had a life before CHB. Her body and spirit reside in a star system directly above the campgrounds, and she manifests down below whenever she feels like. She roams the campgrounds frequently, conversing with other nymphs and participating in any classes or lessons that can help her learn more about the place that she comes from.

RP Example: "And if you look right about... there, you'll see where I live." I say, pointing at the sky and to a distant star. "You live there?" Matthias asks me. "Well, I mean yeah, more or less." I answer, perplexed. "What's it like up there?" he asks again. "That's a loaded question." I say, pausing. I start again. "I don't think it's something that can be explained to someone who isn't a star nymph. It's like, if you were to ask a bat what it's like to be a bat, it would just describe its everyday life, y'know? Doesn't necessarily mean you would understand." I explain. He scratches his head. "I guess. I gotta go." he says, beginning to walk out of earshot. "But we didn't finish talking... and he's gone." I speak at him, trailing off.

Being treated this way is nothing new to me. It's not easy being a star nymph, y'know? Kinda difficult to relate to people who have no conception of being born from starstuff in an expanseless white void. Matthias wasn't the first person I've tried to befriend and I'm sure he won't be the last. I just need to find those who are more comfortable with not understanding.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

☆ astrid laurel | asteriai | remake ☆ Empty Re: ☆ astrid laurel | asteriai | remake ☆

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/5/2021, 2:55 pm

Approved! <3

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 11:07 pm