A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Astrid Salister [Done]

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Astrid Salister [Done] Empty Astrid Salister [Done]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/4/2013, 2:28 pm

Astrid Salister [Done] Large
    Astrid Salister [Done] Astrid10
    Name: Astrid Salister. Astrid means “beautiful goddess”, which is quite embarrassing. Her father  would call her Addie, but he’s the only one who can. Coming for any other mouth, it sounds offensive. So she only goes by Astrid.

Gender: Astrid is a female. She can act manly sometimes, but people don’t usually doubt this fact.

Mortal Parent: Daniel Salister was an average medicine student and a great dreamer. His favorite hobbie was to make plans about his distant future. When he met with the perfect girl, which he could never imagine that was actually a greek goddess, some of his dreams seemed to become close and possible. After 6 months of dating, he was pretty sure that mysteryous and beautiful woman was the love of his life, the key for his ideal future. So he married her without thinking twice. The only problem was that, the more the goddess Bast got involved with that mere mortal, the more she felt that she was becoming almost... human. She was really in love. No matter how much it would hurt, she knew that it couldn't go on like that. So she decided to end that sweet illusion in the most terrible way possible. As she realized she was pregnant, she decided to fake her own death,  and let the little demigod under the limited liability of her mortal lover. By the day of Astrid's birth, Bast deceived them all, as she pretended to have succumbed to an internal bleeding at the moment of the childbirth. As they buried her fake mortal disguise, the actual goddess returned to her godly home, leaving the poor Daniel with a baby in his arms, not knowing what to do. He raised that little girl the better he could, until the day she decided to leave home and face her destiny. Nowadays, Daniel is going on with his plain and lonely mortal life. Sometimes, he still wonders about his incredible past, and all that he lost.

God Parent: Bast, the Egyptian cat goddess.

Date of Birth: Astrid was born in 08-20-92. She was suposed to be exactly 21, but she will be eternally frozen at the young age of 16... Unfortunately, for her...

Place of Birth: Astrid was born in Tampa, a sunny city from Florida.

Hometown/Last Residence: Until the moment she left to CHB, Astrid lived her whole life in the small town of Tampa, where she was born. She always felt stuck in there, and she spent her childhood staring at the world map and wondering what was going on outside her dome.

Race/ethnicity: Half Caucasian. Since Astrid found out about her Egyptian origins, she likes to call herself half African and Negroid.

Accent: She's got a soft Florida accent, not very noticeable.

Skin Tone: Astrid's skin is a bit pale, but slightly tanned with freckles only around her nose.

Eye Color: Her almond eyes are dark green, slightly spotted with bright yellow. The dark part of her pupils have a peculiar shape - they're vertical, as if in a cat eye.

Hair: Astrid's hair is medium brown and straight, cut quite short in a sort of male style. No matter people's opinion, she really prefers it like that - it's way more practical and even modern.

Height: Astrid heighs 1,66 m.

Weight: She weighs 45 kg.

Body Type: Astrid's body is slim and elastic, what makes her more agile and a better runner, again, as a real cat. Her column is sailent, in an attractive way. Her exotic body type allows her to fall always on her feet.

Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Astrid is an undeniably beautiful girl, but in a sharp and aggressive way, as the common stereotype to all the Hunter of Artemis. Probably due to her heritage, many of her traits and characteristics resemble to the clever elegance of a cat. She tends to behave and dress in a practical and anti-idle way, which condemns some of her femininity. If someone tried to summarize all her physical attributes in a brief description, it would start by her short dark hair, which attracts atttention to her pretty and angular shaped face. Her big dark-green eyes are naturally delineated, resembing one of those old Egyptian statues, and doubtless are her most remarkable trait, along with her upturned and tiny nose and her heart-shaped lips. Her torso is long and thin, but not too much, just right, in a delicate and sculptural way. Her legs are tall and slender, as if made to jump. About her clothing style, some people would call it tough and male. In fact, Astrid never meant to adopt any style. She's always moving, so her clothes need to be practical and comfortable. She's got a passion for all that is baggy. Her shoes are invariably her bleached hunting boots, which are years old, although they seem to share her eternal youth.

Weapon:
    Spoiler:
    Any weapon that facilitates her hunt. Usually, she uses the traditional silver bow and arrows shared by all the Hunters. When it's necessary to use direct combat, she usually uses her pet dagger, made of stone and silver.

Armor: A simple CB armor with some details in silver.

Pet: All the cats with sharp claws she can summon. After all, cats are hunting animals too...

Skills: Astrid is naturally a good runner and a silent watcher. She can surprise an enemy by hiding on the top of and jumping over him when he less expects. With the similar ability of a cat, she can fall and attack with a perfect balance. Somewhere in her long  lost past, she  learned how to play the sitar. She wouldn't call that a skill, thought.

Physical flaw: Astrid's got a problem in the articulation of her left knee that makes her limp a little after a few minutes of walking. In urgent situations, she can comoensate it by running all fours, like a cat.

Flaws: Astrid's most obvious flaws are probably her selfish and cold personality. She's used to fight in a group and to help the other Hunters, but in fact, she doesn't cares about anything but her own safety  and gains. She tends to complain about everything and she's often unsatisfied or paranoid about something. As you could probably imagine, she hates boys, but because of her hot appearence, she's often being harassed by them. Because of that, she'll get rid of any male being that steps on her way, without thinking twice. She's also a true feminist. Sometimes it can be exaggerated and even funny, but nobidy can stop Astrid from defending her many ideals.

Strengths: Astrid is, doubtless, smart (but not so focused), persuasive, idealistic, loyal, brave and strong in many ways. Sometimes, in hard situations, she shows herself a very warm hearted girl. Although, most of the time, she is the ideal Hunter, but maybe not the ideal friend and definately not the ideal girlfriend.

Weaknesses: As a consequence of her selfish ways, Astrid doesn't have any friend who would be there for her at a bad time. Sometimes, it's hard to escape from a tramp on your own. She overthinks a lot about her current problems and even about her triubled past. Eventually, you will see her with tears in her eyes. She can never explain where they come from. She often feels lonely, and as she doesn't have any close friend she could talk to, she writes down all her thoughts to avoid losing her mind. She often pretends to be stronger than she actually is. One day, her excess of self trust will be destroyed, and her sensitive inside will be exposed. Meanwhile, she keeps pretended to be better than everyone else.

Likes: If anyone asked Astrid about her likes and dislikes, she would list a hundred of superficial things. I will selected the most important of them. First, as you can problably guess, she absolutely loves cats. She even tends to be more friendly with cats than with humans.  She's always with her huge headphoned on, even during a hunt - music is the only thing that can calm down her paranoid and too attentive mind. This may sound unusual, but Astrid is a imsoniac and she loves wandering around during a cold, full-moon night. She calls herself a night-hawk, and she used to be like that way before she joined the Hunt of Artemis. The lack of sleep doesn't seem to bug her, as she is always energic during the day. And yes, she obviously loves a good cup of coffee, also.

Dislikes: Guys, and whatever is related to them, mainly the stupid sexism. Somebody should tell Astrid that feminism is a form of sexism too. Anyway... She hates dramatic people, stereotypes in general and criticizing (although she criticizes everyone without noticing.)

Fears: Astrid isn't a very phobic person, at least she pretends not to be, But in fact, she's terribly afraid of needles, fire and dogs. It may sound funny, because she considers herself half a cat, and as a Hunter, she's always surrounded by loyal hunting dogs. After years and years of Hunt, she still can't deal with that dumb phobia.

Personality: A great part of Astrid's complex personality was described on the topics above. But there is still a lot to be told. In short, you can see that Astrid is tough and fragile at the same time. She does her best to hide her weaknesses, but this is clearly impossible. Those rare people who get the chance to know  her better, will find out about her flaws, and maybe even like them.Those different treats are what make Astrid an interesting girl. She describes herself as a moving paradox. Cold but warm hearted. Selfish but loyal. Calm but paranoid. Mixing everything up, it almost makes sense. Her personality is complicated, unique and hard to understand. Astrid is like a closed book that nobody ever wanted to read.

Powers: Astrid's got a few unsual powers that were clearly inherited from  the cat goddess. For example, she recently found out that she's able to summon 2 hunting cats per time. They come from within one mile until her, and they stay for about 30 minutes, before they run away back to where they came from. She can do it 5 times per day. Unfirtunately, they're nothing but violent kittens. Once she tried to summon a tiger and it just didn't work. She can also telepathy with them, giving them orders during a fight. In fact, she can telepathy with any cat, because them all are also children of Bast.

Years at Camp: Astrid has been at CHb for almost two years. She's planning to join the Hunt of Artemis and extend her years of freedom to eternity.

Summer or Year Rounder: Year rounder. She couldn't and she wouldn't ever come back home.

Life Before the CHB: The young Astrid was already used to loneliness. She was raised motherless, with her absent father and her abusiive babysitter. As her inexperienced father spent hours working out, trying to escape from his duties, the poor Astrid was left to the care of an evil babysitter who would tie her up to a chair and force her to eat, while she partied with her boyfriend. If Astrid dared to tell her father anything (not that he cared), the babysitter would hit heer, cut her and drink some of her sweet demigod blood. Because after all, she was the first monster Astrid had to deal with, a Drachanea in disguise. The innocent baby couldn't beat that creature on her own, of course. She needed some godly help. But as she waited for it, she had a sad and opressed childhood. At school, she didn't have many friends. She grew up as a quiet and thraumatized little girl, who could never tell anyone about her supernatural problems.
    Astrid was getting used to that depressing life, until the moment that all she knew suddenly changed, at the night before her 15th birthday. It was one of the rare nights in which her babysitter decided to leave her alone. She was just a wounded, apparently harmless little girl, and she wouldn't be able to run away even if she tried. But things don't always happen the way we expect. Astrid was the only living soul inside that deserted house, huddle on her bed, in the middle of the stiffling darkness. When suddenly, someone or something threw a pebble at her windown. Through the cracks in the glass, she could feel a strange magnetism, as if something was calling her from the backyards. She jumped through the windown without thiking twice and fell right on her feet.
    Waiting for her, there was a great number of Siamese kittens, a symbol of Bast, who came to free her from her unhappy life as a request from her godly parent. She followed them up as they guide her throught the woods, fearless, and they headed straight to CHB. Astrid's mortal family was really shocked the next day, when they found only an empty house and a wide open windown. The only shreds that the small runaway had left were a million tiny paw prints, marking the path towards her uncertain future.
    Role-playing Example:It was the dead of night, and Astrid was laying on her bed in a fetal position, her small body was full of recent bruises.  She was already too old for being babysitted, but her father didn't care. He didn't watch as she grew up. That night, she was feeling more alone than ever. The "babysitter" was gone with her boyfriend. They were probably getting high at some party or killing some demigods. The matter was, it was the firt times in yers that Astrid was left completely on her own and absolutely nobody was watching her. The moment had finally arrived, she could feel it. The pale moonlight invaded her room and lighted her delicate face. It was a call. She could literally hear it calling. She ran towards the open window as if guided by some spirit, and jumped to meet her future.

Last edited by High Warlock of Brooklyn on 10/14/2013, 11:05 am; edited 10 times in total
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Astrid Salister [Done] Empty Re: Astrid Salister [Done]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/6/2013, 1:58 pm

I'm not suposed to double post, but this crap is finally done, and it's so down the topic I'm afraid nobody will see it. If you wonder, I finished it today.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 10/6/2013, 3:08 pm

I think it's been said that everybody has an accent, so you'll need to find one.

How many cats can she summon at most each time? And they just can't come from "nowhere."

Was Bast the voice that was singing to her the night she joined the Hunters, or did she happen to tip off the Hunters about her?
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/6/2013, 3:18 pm

I just added a psychal flaw. Idk. Some accent from Forida, then. She can summon 2 cats per time and them both help her attacking the monster. They don't appear out if nowhere, it's like when a child of Demeter summon a plant or a child of Hades summon a skeleton. It's like they spring from earth. The voice eas Artemi, she ws calling Astrid to join the hunt. Bast asked her to save Astrid from her bad mortal life. I thought it was clear.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/6/2013, 3:32 pm

Considering that there are a lot of females in the Hunters, I had to be sure of which one.

You'll need to edit in the accent, then, as well as add in how many cats she can summon per time. How long do they stay with her?

Last edited by Kendall on 10/6/2013, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/6/2013, 3:39 pm

Edited. They stay as long as she needs, as long as the attack or the battle lasts, which is for about 30 minutes.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/6/2013, 3:56 pm

Uhm... I don't think cats spring from the earth; you'll need actual cats from places other than the underground. (Demeter would have plants spring up from underground because, you know, roots and seeds underground and all; Hades would be because skeletons tend to be buried down there.)
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/6/2013, 3:59 pm

Erm... They're summoned. Where from? Maybe they appear in air, from another zone? Do you get what I'm trying to say? If Astrid is next to the woods (she often is), they could jump out of a bush, like cats would usually do.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/6/2013, 4:10 pm

From... another zone. Hm; I'm not really understanding you there. Normally we have Bast kids calling within an x mile/yard/whatever radius for cats to come to him/her.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/6/2013, 4:14 pm

That's it. That's what I meant. It may sound a bit confusing, but that's what I meant, nothing more than the usual way how children of Bast summon cats. Can I edit with that?

I see I didn't get the free slot. Ok, my work was worth it, because I still wanna rp with this charrie, and I may make her turn into a huntress when I can afford it. Meanwhile, I wonder if I need to remake the whole form, or if I can just leave it like that. I can't use the Word, I wish I could save the Hunter form in a topic appart or something. I think I need to rewrite her life before CHB, at least. Do the RP example need to be realistic? Because it's about Hunters, and I don't think it would be necessary to write another one.

Edited. I hope it's fine. Please ignore occasional small mistakes and references to the Hunters.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/9/2013, 3:19 pm

The RP Example is fine.... Also, I wouldn't allow a giant cat to come get her. That's a little... far-fetched. Who is the soft female voice now?

In her powers section, you still make reference to the fact that she is/was a Hunter; you should probably fix that. And yeah, just edit in what I said about the power.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/12/2013, 10:17 am

Farfetched? Yeah, I thought it would be. I was kinda tired and I started thinking about Princess Mononoke... I was trying to show that the goddess Bast brought her to CHB, but I wouldn't make Bast herself show up, so I thought that I could use some kind of cat to represent her. The giant cat was really an exaggeration. What if they were a lot of average cats instead? The voice was Bast.
    Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/12/2013, 11:16 pm

I wouldn't allow the voice to be Bast.... If you mean she's gonna ride on the backs of a group of cats, I wouldn't think that's okay, but if you're saying they simply led the way then I think that'd be fine.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/13/2013, 3:36 pm

Well... The voice was calling her so she could leave the hosue and meet the catsthat would guide her. What if there was no voice and she left just because of a weird feeling?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/13/2013, 6:19 pm

That sounds fine. Edit it in.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/14/2013, 11:05 am

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/18/2013, 3:12 pm

You don't have enough drachmas for a Hunter slot. Do you just want to PM me when you get enough?
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 10/20/2013, 5:01 pm

I thought I had made it clear that I didn't want her to her Hunter anymore. I even edited the form and deleted the part about the Hunters. I just wonder if you could approve her as an average demigod, I may make her turn into a Hunter when I can afford it.

High Warlock of Brooklyn wrote:I see I didn't get the free slot. Ok, my work was worth it, because I still wanna rp with this charrie, and I may make her turn into a huntress when I can afford it. Meanwhile, I wonder if I need to remake the whole form, or if I can just leave it like that. I can't use the Word, I wish I could save the Hunter form in a topic appart or something. I think I need to rewrite her life before CHB, at least. Do the RP example need to be realistic? Because it's about Hunters, and I don't think it would be necessary to write another one.
    Yep, I said it before.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/23/2013, 2:41 pm

Crap, sorry. I derped.

Approved. You have been awarded 1000 drachmas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:53 pm