A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Fancy meeting you here

FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Fancy meeting you here Empty Fancy meeting you here

Post by FinnsRainbow 3/22/2021, 6:27 am

It didn't matter how many times Kyungsuk walked into the baths complex of Camp Jupiter. The sheer grandness of it took her breath away every time. The porticoes, the sculptures, the colonnades... Everywhere she looked, she was greeted with lavish marble and glittering mosaics. According to Lindia, it had been modelled after the baths of Caracalla in Rome, one of the most luxurious thermae ever built. She had to admit, it had never really hit her what incredible architects Romans were until she had seen this.

After sweating it out in the caldarium (fancy Roman word for sauna), she was now entering the frigidarium- a huge hall with an olympic pool of icy water, framed by two rows of immaculate marble columns. As it was around dinner time, she wasn't expecting to find anyone here. And yet... One figure was sliding through the water, rippling its surface with a powerful backstroke. Kyungsuk's heartbeat quickened. It was Tiberia.
    After the events of last night, their friendship had become... complicated, to say the least. She didn't know where they stood now and didn't want to push it, in case Tiberia didn't feel the same way. Who knows? People make drunk mistakes all the time!
    But no matter what, it was time to clear the air.
    The daughter of Nemesis walked through the columns and sat down at the edge of the marble pool, dipping her legs into the refreshing water. "Fancy meeting you here," she said calmly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Fancy meeting you here Empty Re: Fancy meeting you here

Post by Morgan Landry 8/4/2021, 8:22 am

Tiberia was doing her usual morning routine: a workout in the gym followed by swimming a mile or two in the baths. She split the water with her arms, a rush in her ears. Above her, the tiles of the vaulted ceiling told the stories of gods and heroes. She focused on them in an attempt to distract herself from the chaos in her head. How could she have done this? She was such an idiot! Now her friendship with Kyungsuk was going to be either awkward or completely ruined. Not to mention, what if word of this reached her parents? They were generally accepting of LGBT things, but not necessarily when it came to their own kids. Gods of Olympus, she had royally fcked up.

"Fancy meeting you here," she heard as she stopped at one end, and gave a start.

Sitting on the pools edge sat none other than Kyungsuk, the daughter of Nemesis. The one she had shared a (rather lengthy) make out session with at the Legion alumni party. She had hoped that the events of last night would stay secret, that both of them would just pretend nothing had happened. But that didnt seem to be the case.

"Uh... hey. Salve. Whats up?" she asked, pulling her wet hair back.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 8/1/2022, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 8/15/2021, 8:00 pm

So Tiberia was not going to talk about it. "Listen," Kyungsuk said. "I understand. We dont have to discuss it, if it was a drunk mistake we can just forget it and move on."

The last thing Kyungsuk wanted was to lose her friend. She could handle her feelings and push them down, it would not be a problem. Plus it wasnt like the Legion lacked amazing, smart, muscular women. There were other gay or bi heroines here she could flirt with. But Tiberia giving her the cold shoulder? That was out of the question.

"If I can ask... are you even into women?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/1/2022, 5:51 pm

"What? Yes, of course I am."

Tiberia said that without thinking, then looked around warily. What if someone was to hear her and spread rumors? She knew she had to come out of the closet eventually, but she wanted to have some control over how and when.

"Look, it's not about that. I... I had a great time. Really, I did." She looked up into Kyungsuk's eyes, almost bringing herself to touch her knee. "But I'm not ready to come out yet and I don't want to lead you on - or ask you to wait. It wouldn't be fair."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/3/2022, 10:17 am

"So you do like me," Kyungsuk said. Phew! She'd had all sorts of annoying intrusive daydreams where Tiberia had made out with her only to look cool or give the boys at the party a show. Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened to her. At least now she knew it was genuine. It was like a rock lifted from her chest.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/3/2022, 6:59 pm

"Did you listen to anything I just said?" Tiberia asked. "I can't be with you, or if I am, it would have to be a secret and I wouldn't ask that of you."

She propped her arm up onto the side of the pool, looking up at Kyungsuk. "Do you understand?"
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/5/2022, 7:24 pm

"Tiberia. I know what it's like to hide those kinds of things. Those kinds of feelings." Kyungsuk moved her feet around in the water. "I'm going to be upfront: I like you. I want to know where this could lead, and I don't mind keeping our thing a secret if that's what you need."

Kyungsuk had been open about her homosexuality since arriving at Camp Half-Blood a few years ago and hadn't looked back since. But she also knew how nerve-wracking it was to come out. Camp Half-Blood may be accepting but she had made her share of experiences with bullies elsewhere. And she understood what this meant for Tiberia: unlike her, Tiberia grew up here. For her, the demigod camp was no escape from her life like it was for other demigods. Everything she did could and would make its way back to her family eventually. She had to watch every step.  
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/8/2022, 7:40 pm

Tiberia wasn't quite ready for the pang of emotions those few sentences unleashed. She felt - elated, terrified, excited, everything at once. The daughter of Nemesis liked her! And... she was okay with a secret relationship?

"Are you sure?" she asked, pulling herself out of the water to sit on the pool's edge, next to her. "I'm very new to all this. I only really admitted it to myself a couple of years ago... and I never..."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/17/2022, 2:55 pm

"You never... told anyone?" Kyungsuk guessed. Her voice softened with compassion. She knew what it was like to hide things, but not to the point of not telling anyone. She must have one or two people here she really trusted, right? Gods. It sounded like Tiberia had been in some sort of invisible prison.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/22/2022, 5:22 am

Tiberia shook her head. She had an inkling that Decimus, her twin brother, had a rough idea. Her friend Leandra would probably be supportive, despite their falling-out. She had almost told Romulus, her closest friend, but changed her mind at the last moment. Romulus was not a romance-oriented person, so what was the point of confiding in him about this?
    She obviously had not told her family. Although gay marriage was legal now, some of the older Roman families - like hers - still weren't on board with it. Especially not when it came to women. Men attracted to men, they could reluctantly okay it under certain circumstances, whereas women... that was completely taboo. She didn't fancy going from legionnaire golden child to black sheep in just one little conversation.

"To be fair," she sighed,"I hadn't really admitted to myself at all. I've been struggling with it for years. When we were at that party, I got tipsy, and... all that struggle disappeared for a while."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 8/19/2022, 11:49 am

”But… it’s back now?”

It seemed like it. She could feel Tiberia’s reluctance and she didn’t want to push her. Maybe this conversation could wait for some other time. Or maybe it didn’t need to happen at all. Kyungsuk knew who she was, she was comfortable with it. If Tiberia wasn’t there yet then it sucked but it wasn’t the end of the world. She could nip her feelings in the bud and distract herself with her studies until some other smart, buff warrior demigoddess crossed her path.

She stood up. “I hope you know things get better,” she said. “Maybe it’s all overwhelming and daunting right now but trust me, it’ll be over someday.”
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/2/2022, 10:16 am

Tiberia watched her leave. A feeling of heaviness sunk in her chest. She was doing a big mistake, she knew it, she felt it, but it wasn't until Kyungsuk had gone through the large double doors that she jolted out of her thoughts.

"Hey, wait," she said, pulling herself out of the water. "Wait!"

Without grabbing her towel, she ran after her, her wet feet sliding on the polished tiles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 9:19 pm