A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky Empty For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Post by Steve Rogers 2/23/2012, 10:09 pm

Prolog

I live in this world all alone. I’m here all by myself. No one else. Of course, I hear their voices, the voices of the other people, but they’re not really here. I can feel them, hear them, but they’re not here. Not really, because I can’t see them. I can’t see anything.

I don’t know what my world looks like. Well, I do, but I can’t describe it, because it’s the only thing I’ve ever seen. Other’s like me says it looks grey. But I wouldn’t know. Because I’ve only ever seen grey.

I do not know beauty, or ugliness. But I imagine, in the world that I cannot see, there is no ugliness. I can feel the sun, but I cannot see it. Every time I hear a voice, I long to see their face. My heart aches to know what the sun looks like, but I’ve long since given up on that fantasy.

I am the Vulture Girl. They say that because my eyes belong to those of vultures. They say that my eyes are empty and icy and without mercy. They say my eyes are blue and white like eyes and just as cold, just as dead. They say I stare at nothing. That I stare right into their souls. But I know I can’t because the people who say these things have no soul.

My mother said I am cursed. But she was wrong. I am not cursed. She was cursed for having such a useless daughter. No… she was cursed for letting me run away. I had to run away.

I was always been looked down upon. From the time I was born, to the time I ran away, only three years ago when I was eleven, all the teachers held my hand, and lead me everywhere. But I could do things fine on my own. But no one every believed in me.

I am the Vulture Girl. A curse. My mother used to say that my eyes are the mark of a curse. So she’d wrap a cloth around my head to hide my eyes. I am ashamed. Even now, I still where that cloth. No one has ever seen my Vulture Eyes. The markings of a curse. No one has ever seen my vulture eyes… not even Auron.

I hide my eyes because I am ashamed. Ashamed because my mother was right. I am a curse. A curse because of the things I have done.

No one knows about my past, because I won’t tell them. The past is the past. What’s the point of dwelling on it? What’s the point of remembering it at all? When I ran away from home, I met a man named whose name I still do not know, because he told his name to no one. He simply told me to call him V.

V taught me many things. And in my entire life, V is the only one who ever believed in me. Who ever believed that I could do things without my sight. Who knew I could do things without my sight. The only one who ever believed that I didn’t need to be protected twenty four/seven. Not even Sam or Auron believe in me.

V taught me to fight. He taught me to use my other senses to compensate. I used my sense or hearing and my sense of touch to my advantage. I know the location of everything by feeling vibrations in the earth through my feet. That’s why I never wear shoes.

I learned to fight, to shoot a gun. V said I was a better shot that someone who could see. V taught me many things. He taught me to believe in myself, to fight… he taught me to kill.

V taught me many things. Many things that I wish I could forget. But I have a photographic memory. I’ll never forget. I’ll never forget how I became an assassin. I am Luna, the Vulture Girl. This is my story.
    Samrenango
    Samrenango
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3181
    Registration date : 2011-12-21

For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky Empty Re: For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Post by Samrenango 2/23/2012, 10:48 pm

Me gusta. I am sure to read the follow ups of this!

For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky Empty Re: For the Earth is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky

Post by Guest 2/23/2012, 11:02 pm

nice! hahaha
    Sean Grey
    Sean Grey

Male
    Number of posts : 11
    Registration date : 2012-01-31

Post by Sean Grey 2/25/2012, 12:57 pm

Wow... Awesome...
    Alakaz Nightis
    Alakaz Nightis

Male
    Number of posts : 32
    Registration date : 2011-10-24

Post by Alakaz Nightis 2/26/2012, 5:49 am

Honestly, it's like you are introducing one mystery after another. Not that prologue are supposed to reveal- really anything at all.

It's not like a prologue that I have ever seen but that is why I think of it as unique. Otherwise, in writing a lot of the things again and being repetitive in most of the beginning sentences, I cannot help to think that each of the facts that you have provide to us will eventually reveal into hidden great meanings.

I look forward to your next post, I really do. And I wish you good luck on your writing of this story!
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 2/26/2012, 1:18 pm

Makes me envy. Mine is abandoned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 1:29 pm