A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Light of the Son

TheSecretShadow
    TheSecretShadow

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2012-02-26

The Light of the Son Empty The Light of the Son

Post by TheSecretShadow 3/27/2012, 11:04 am

(Sorry about the punctuation and some of the wording, I am getting help with it soon.)

The Light of the Son

Chapter 1:
    I fight a golden lion.

Hi, my name is Zachery Helton most people call me Zack. I live in California, I’m 5.8, thirteen years old. I’ve got blond hair, almost golden eyes, though everyone else tells me they’re brown, (I guess I have to trust them.) and somewhat dark skin, (I spend a lot of time outside, but it always returns to pale if I haven’t been out in a few days.) and I’m kind of thin. Now that you know what I’m like, I’ll start my story.

One day I was out walking in the woods next to my house, I was watching for birds, and listening to the wind blowing through the trees. When all of a sudden, there was a loud roar in front of me, a giant golden lion broke through the underbrush and ran toward me. My self-defense training kicked in and I pulled one of my throwing knives from my belt. I flicked my wrist and the knife went flying toward the lion, but when the knife hit the lion, it simply crumpled like tin foil. I turned and ran, I was terrified. I knew the lion would catch up to me soon. But all of a sudden an arrow whistled through the air above my head, I glanced over my shoulder and saw the arrow hit the lion and shatter. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a boy pop out of the woods and throw a little fireball, which turned into a wall of fire behind me, the lion hesitated then jumped through, suddenly I broke through the underbrush and saw my house. if I can just reach the house I thought, but then I remembered my mom wasn’t home. I knew that the house would be locked and I wouldn’t be able to get in, so I decided to take a final stand against this lion. I turned and pulled a knife out of my pocket. “No! Keep running!” the boy yelled at me, but I didn’t listen. The lion raced toward me, it lunged at me with it’s mouth open wide, I stabbed the knife into it’s mouth and it fell to the ground, bleeding something that looked like liquid gold. I just stood there, stunned. When I looked up I saw a bunch of girls dropping from trees and emerging from the woods. They all had their bows drawn with arrows notched to them. They ran up to me and I was quickly surrounded. Then the guy who threw the fireball broke through the circle of girls and ran up to me. He pulled out a golden knife and stabbed the lion in the mouth, he watched it disintegrate, then turned to me. “Hi, I’m Leo,” he said. “who-what-how?” I stuttered.
    One of the girls stepped forward, she had black spiky hair, and blue eyes. “we are the Hunters of Artemis, and we were ordered by our leader to save your miserable life. You have ten minutes to pack, Leo will accompany you.” she told me. The boy nodded then grabbed my arm and started for the house. Now that I actually looked at the boy, I realized he wasn’t a boy, he looked older than me, about 15 or 16, tall, dark-skinned, and kind of thin. “We won’t be able to get into the house, it’s locked” I told him. “don’t worry” he responded. He knocked once we reached the door. I started to say “There’s no one-” I stopped when my mom opened the door. “Is it time?” she asked the boy, he simply nodded.
    I went to my room and start packing a bag, my mind was working overtime, I was amazed that my mom would just let me go. I finished packing and I joined my mom and Leo in the living room. My came over and gave me a hug, then Leo stood up and started for the door, I followed him, even though I didn’t want to.
    We went outside and found a whole camp set up. “How did they set it up so fast?” I asked Leo. “I don’t know, they won’t tell me.” he said, with a mischievous smile. One of the Hunters came and led us to a silver tent, we stepped inside and saw the girl with the spiky black hair, she was obviously their leader, “I’m Thalia, it’s nice to meet you.” she said to me. I glanced over and noticed Leo smoothing down his hair, he flashed a grin at her, she rolled her eyes and turned to me. “We’ve been sent to accompany you to camp half blood, Leo was sent along to make sure we didn’t kill you.”
    “Um…. Thanks.” I said
    She smiled at me, “you remind me of my brother, Jason.”
    “I hope that’s a good thing.”
    “It is.” she assured me.
    “any questions?” Leo asked.
    “Yeah, I’ve got a few. First off, what kind of lion was that? And why couldn‘t I kill it?”
    “I can answer that,” Thalia said. “That was the Nemean Lion, and it’s fur is bullet-proof, knife-proof, arrow-proof, etc, etc.”
    “Okay, but how come when I stabbed it in the mouth it only bled, but when Leo stabbed it in the same place, it disintegrated?”
    “That’s because your knife is regular mortal steel, mine is made out of celestial bronze.” Leo answered.
    “Why was the lion’s blood gold? What is this camp like? How did you throw that fireball-”
    “You ask to many questions” Thalia grumbled.
    “Aw, give him a break Thalia, He just got attacked by the Nemean lion, was forced to leave home, and found out he was a Demigod. That’s a lot for a kid in one day.” Leo told her
    “A Demi what?” I asked.
    “A Demigod, aka, a Half-Blood, half mortal, half god.” Thalia said patiently.
    “half… half god?” I asked in amazement.
    “I’m sorry Zack, but we’ve run out of time, we need to go now.”
    She stood up, and gestured to one of the Hunters outside the tent. After we had walked out of the tent the Hunter stepped forward and took down the tent with amazing speed.
    “How exactly are we getting to this camp?” I asked.
    “We’re walking.” Thalia answered.
    “How far is it-”
    “if you don’t stop asking questions, I will hit you in the head so hard you won’t wake up until we’re there.” she told me.
    I was quiet right up until I saw the mountain we had to climb, “How are we going to--” then everything went black.
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

The Light of the Son Empty Re: The Light of the Son

Post by Bell 5/5/2012, 8:04 am

Sorry for not noticing your story earlier. It's good!

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 10:25 am