A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
Lady Arbitrary
Kendall
6 posters

Olivia's Quest

Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female
    Number of posts : 1992
    Registration date : 2011-12-09

Olivia's Quest - Page 23 Empty Re: Olivia's Quest

Post by Lady Arbitrary 11/25/2012, 12:22 pm

Olivia furrowed her brow. "Smell what?" She figured he was dizzy from Dez's attack.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1355
    Registration date : 2011-12-11

Post by Catos 11/25/2012, 12:36 pm

"I... I thought I smelt roses..."
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 11/25/2012, 12:42 pm

Dez then reached the peak of the mountain, his prisoners following close behind, and his swarm of soldiers surrounding all of them, ready to put down any resistance. the surface now was mostly flat, with nothing but cool air above them, but there was a platform right in the middle, where the Demon himself stood, holding in his hands a glowing orb, filled with blood-red malice.

Dez bowed before him.

"My Lord, here they are as you requested."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 11/25/2012, 7:22 pm

Olivia sheilded her eyes from the hellish light. It took a few minutes fo her eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness. There was an unspeakable feeling of dread in the pit of her stomach. It took all her nerve to look up in the face of the demon.

When she did she wished she hadn't.

"Oh gods . . . oh gods . . ." Olivia started to hyperventilate. She knew that face. It was one that had filled her nightmares for years, and still haunted her. It was the face of the demon that killed her mother.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9825
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Post by xXSpiritXx 11/27/2012, 3:18 pm

Skylar just shuffled along with them. She could easily get free of the rope but they were out numbered and couldn't make an attack plan with Dez and the demon listening.

Last edited by xXSpiritXx on 11/29/2012, 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 11/29/2012, 5:39 pm

"My lord? Ha, you've already become a lapdog. Some people are just born to find people to walk all over them. And here's one right now..." I said, but I was distracted by the smell of roses again. It seemed to emanate from just behind the demon. Something was strange here..."

Last edited by Catos on 12/8/2012, 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 11/29/2012, 9:52 pm

Skylar looked up at the demon a hideous creature from the abyss.

"You have our undivided attention."
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/8/2012, 8:42 am

"You look pale Olivia," Dez said, trying to smirk, but it was hard, she was still his sister, and he still cared about her, not to mention how her fate rested upon him right now.

"She remembers me, Dez," the Demon hissed malevolently. "And everyone will remember me when this job is done. Now, time to destroy the Gods."

Back in Camp Half-Blood, Dorian sat in his room, in the lotus position, preparing to channel his energies. This could bring him closer to death than ever before, it's definitely going to be the most fear he has ever handled before, but he had to.

Dez told him...

Dez is depending on him, and Dorian is in turn putting his fate into that boy.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/10/2012, 4:10 pm

Skylar waited for something to happen. She wondered where Shrike was.
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/12/2012, 11:11 am

The smell was overpowering. What was that?! Then I realised, the smell was so very familiar. Then I realised, I recognised. I spoke up against the demon,

"Okay, I know youre hiding her! What have you done with Stacey?!" I was becoming angry, my facial tattoo starting to crawl across my face, with shadows starting to encircle me. I was losing my temper. If the demon knew where Stacey was, I would kill for that information. I then noticed Olivia hyperventilating, this must be the demon from her nightmares. I couldnt take it, I was beside myself with anger. How dare he hurt my girlfriend?! This demon was going down.

OOC: FYI, the demon doesnt know anything

I was watching on in panic, Catos was going nuts again, and Olivia was going hyper. There was nothing to do but watch until someone made a move. It was maddening,
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/12/2012, 1:46 pm

"Stacey? Who the hell is Stacey?!" the Demon asked, genuinely unknowing.

"Master, shouldn't you make use of time, and... you know... destroy the Gods?" Dez asked, allowing himself by accident to become impatient. "For all we know, word could be sent to them already. I know one of their companions isn't even here."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female

Post by Lady Arbitrary 12/13/2012, 8:43 pm

Olivia couldn't think, couldn't breathe. The demon . . . it was right there. She could still vividly remember the night it had killed her mother. Suddenly, she thought of something.
    If I could . . . if I could control Dez's soldiers . . .
    Suddenly Olivia's sword came flying into her hand. A single mental connection, and she had forced one of the undead soldiers to throw her her weapon. She quickly cut her bonds and stabbed her sword into the ground, raising her three skeletons to distract the warriors as she ran straight for the demon's throne. Fear gripped her stomach, but she knew she had to do this. She came up to the demon and aimed her sword point at his throat.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/14/2012, 6:25 am

Dez suddenly panicked. This wasn't part of the plan, he told her to trust him dammit. The Demon, at this stage, would have enough power to evaporate her without so much as breaking a sweat.

Well, you did kinda capture her and take her to her mortal fear, he thought to himself.

But then he drew his blade, and quickly disappeared in shadow, before appearing behind Olivia, grabbing her by the throat and bringing his blade to her neck, before disappearing and returning again to his previous position, this time Olivia in his hold.

"He would destroy you," he whispered quietly to her. "You have to trust me."

"Why thank you, Dez. You are quite helpful after all, she wasn't even worth my effort," the Demon chuckled. "Now, to get on with things."

With that, the Demon placed the venomous palm of his hand onto the orb, and the group watched as a beam of dark power shot into the sky, all the way up into the clouds, before it began to spread among them.

"I hope you did what I asked, Dorian," Dez muttered, only loud enough perhaps for Olivia to hear.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/15/2012, 7:14 pm

Everything had gone to sh*t. Olivia thought fast to break her bonds but was reckless. Now she had a blade at her throat. Dez's scythe. Catos had lost his cool..again and was on the verge of losing all control. Shrike was Gods know where, and I-I was just standing around letting it all happen.

No more waiting.

Slowly Skylar's eyes started to glow, shadows began to climb up her body, cutting the ropes that bound her, the dark energy made Skylar's hair look like a flock of Ravens whipping rapidly around her, and she too lost control.

"Time to die."

her choker glowed blindingly bright; becoming her scythe. She shot the demon a wicked grin then sunk into the shadows.

She appeared behind Shrike who smelled faintly of axe and sweat. "Shrike now would be a great time for you to create a distraction. Wait for my signal" She said in a cold, menacing tone. Not to be trifled with. Not this time. Skylar wanted to see the demons blood trickel into the earth. "...Oh and make sure Catos doesn't kill us."

Skylar made a re-appearance behind Dez; scythe ready to sink deep into his flesh.

"Let her go or I will kill you."

A single tear rolled down her cheek.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/15/2012, 7:29 pm

Well this is great.

Now Skylar had jumped the gun, and for all he knew Shrike could be around about to cause trouble. He had lost control now, everything was kicking off.

He needed to get out of there.

"Right now he has enough strength to destroy the Gods, he will certainly destroy you."

That's when Dez disappeared once again, so Skylar was holding nothing but thin air.
    He appeared right by the Demon, and made his riskiest choice yet. He grabbed the blood-red orb, and then thought of where he needed to be, the place he had seen during his Iris message.

A silent prayer to the Gods, and he disappeared in a swarming dark aura.

That was when Dez suddenly appeared in Dorian's bunk, back in Camp Half-Blood, as pale as death itself.

"Dez!" Dorian shouted, alarmed by this, as he was just getting ready to do what he had been instructed, how had the plan gone wrong? "Whats happening?"

"Everything's kicking off... had to get out... thank the gods the demon gave me extra power, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make it here..." he muttered, his words slow, and with a lot of effort. "But I got this..." he said, holding out the dark red orb in his right hand.

"Well... that's something," Dorian grinned weakly.

"Yes... but now I need you to help me get back... pass your fear into me, I'll transfer it into energy..."

"What? How? I don't believe that's a power of Thanatos, Dez."

"No, its not, but I believe this orb may help..."

Dorian paused for a minute, contemplating this, before realizing their may not be enough time to ponder on it.

"Okay, lets do it."
    Catos
    Catos
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Catos 12/15/2012, 9:23 pm

OOC: I didnt know Skylar was omniscient...

I was quite nervous indeed, but now was the time for determination if anything. I waited for Skylars signal...

I was tired of all this waiting, and the demons lies, he had Stacey and I was getting her back. Thats when I lost control. Shadows encircled my whole body, shrouding my face. I was the darkness. I was shadow. I was power. My own shadow tornado whirled around me with a burning wind. Then, there was calm. I looked up at Skylar and said,

"Im sorry. I cant hold it anymore. I've felt this burning in my guts now for so long. My belly's aching now to say, its time to live and let die, you can't get another try. You're a great sis, so please dont think bad of me. This may be the last time I ever have my own mind. Something inside my heart has died, and I'm in ruins. I'm going to fight, and I am going to kill this abomination for Stacey, and for you, and Dez, and of course, Olivia. Thanks for being a good sister. Olivia is out of it, so tell her I love her if I dont survive this." I turned to face the Demon in front of me. I took a deep breath before succumbing to the madness. My face was shrouded in darkness, before enough light was let through for my gleaming purple eyes and glowing (literally) white teeth to strike a beacon from me towards the beast in front of me. I connected eyes with the monstrosity and said, spite flecked in my voice,

"Know your enemy, f*cker." I lunged.

OOC: This is what he looks like http://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/260/f/c/demon_face_by_jan222-d5f0nc5.jpg
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/16/2012, 5:28 am

"Use your brain and research yours," the Demon smirked, flicking his wrist, sending Catos back in the other direction, impacting hard on the rocky ground. "Too easy..."

"Demon!" the beast turned to see where the call was coming from, and saw Dez was back again, and standing a few feet behind him, Scythe in right hand, the orb in his left.

"That's Master to you," it grinned. "Unless... traitor? Hmm?"

That's when Dez disappeared, and appeared on the Demon's head, before beginning to slash consistently, using all his expertise as a fighter. Disappearing and reappearing all around the Demon, who couldn't even try to deflect them. As soon as Dez was satisfied, he appeared in a cloud of darkness, right back in his previous place, a smile on his face. He had severely cut up the beast, but it was far from destroyed, besides, it could heal its wounds in an instant with the power it currently possessed.

Time to change that.

"Yes. Traitor. Might wanna kill me."

"So be it."

That's when the Demon connected both his hands, before pushing out, sending a continuous hail of blood-red dark magic at Dez, enough to vaporize him, gone, off the face of this earth. Dez didn't even try to dodge, instead, he dropped his Scythe, and held the orb out in front of him with both hands. When the stream of dark magic connected with it, it started to glow brightly, and started to pull the rest of the beam into it, and then, more power, even from the Demon itself, draining his energy at a speedy rate, before it stopped, and Dez stood there, orb in hands, and with a mad smile spreading from his lips.

"Hm, so what was that?" he asked slyly. "3/4 of your power absorbed? 9/10? 99/100? All of it?

But he was unaware of what was happening within the orb. Everyone around watched as what appeared to be like a black ooze began emerging from the orb, and covering Dez's hands, moving up his arms slowly, as he too watched, before spreading over his entire body, the last part being his face, and as the ooze covered the rest of Dez there was, his eyes began glowing bright white, the light being enough to illuminate the entire mountain, on this dark night.
    That's when Dez looked as if he had been hit by a cannonball, and was sent flying backwards, impacting on the a large jagged rock at the back of the peak, and slumped to the floor, as the orb shattered on the hard surface. The ooze was gone, all that remained was the limp form of Dez, on the ground, with his whole body turning cold.

OOC: Catos is fine, he'll be back to the fight in no time, just needed to have time to do that, besides, the reason why Dez was doing this whole thing was to try and weaken the Demon, as he knew it had enough power to destroy you all without breaking a sweat, and was practically invulnerable, without Dez doing what he's just done.

Well, I did have another plan, but seeing as how fast it escalated, didn't have time for it
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/16/2012, 11:28 am

OOC: She is not omniscient. Skylar is a daughter of Hecate who is more than capable of using magic to find someone so close. Especially in a heightened state. You have no room to talk. We are all friends here but you give your characters godly abilities all the time. Check your own rping before you start with me.

Dez are you still aging Dez for Skylar?

BIC:Everything was happening so fast. Skylar grabbed Olivia. With a simple snap of her fingers a ring of fire surrounded the demon.

"Now Shrike!"

She had to hurry she shadow traveled the shot distance to where Catos had landed; laying Olivia down by his side. Skylar then made her way to Dez.

"I should've known you wouldn't betray us." she brushed his bangs out of his eyes. "I'm so sorry."

She stood up ready to guard her friends.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/16/2012, 12:00 pm

OOC: Can't help but say I agree, little bit hypocritical in any sense.

And also, forgot to say in my last post, but Catos, you put he had to do it for Dez also, but he hated him all that time, and I do not see any part of your post seeing him come to be alright with him, or suddenly feeling guilt for all the things he said to him when he was just trying to protect them...

And yeah, at some point, just want to do some things for character back story first

IC: Dez's eyes flickered constantly between open and closed, he could vaguely see the battle which was starting to brew. He saw Skylar running over to him, he heard what she said, and he smiled weakly.

"He was... too powerful... wouldn't have had a chance... otherwise..." he struggled to say, a small bit of blood dripped from the side of his mouth, as he knew the jagged rock had impaled him when he hit it just seconds ago. "He gave me control... of his armies... this should help," Dez waved the palm of his hand down by his side, and swarms of the monsters began to fall to dust.

Then, he felt a weird sensation, and he looked down to his feet to see darkness beginning to swarm around him, and his feet... they looked like they were melting, but turning to ash and falling into the ground itself.

"Should've known..."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/16/2012, 12:14 pm

Skylar felt the hair on her neck stand on end. Then turned back to Dez seeing the shadows start to swallow him. "NOOO!" she ran back to him; falling to her knees. "No no no!" Skylar tried to force the shadows away but they wouldn't obey her. They always obeyed her..."Please don't leave me..." tears fell onto his cheek
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/16/2012, 12:19 pm

"A mere demigod could never hold the power of that orb... I'm sorry..." he muttered, a tear fell from his right eye, the only tear he had left. "I don't want to leave... I will find a way back... I will... I promise..." he spoke quietly, as the shadows began to reach his torso. At least it was painless. "And help Catos, before his actions have even more dire consequences... maybe, if he had trusted me... I had another plan, but things accelerated too quickly... I'm sorry..."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/16/2012, 12:29 pm

"You're not a mere demigod." her voice cracked. "You're brave and loyal and-and you don't deserve this.." Skylar cried harder the tears flowing freely down her cheek. She clenched her fists in her lap. "Catos should never have said what he's said. My brother or not."

Skylar was beside herself. She was so torn apart.

"Don't go....I-..." she softly kissed his lips. "-I love you."
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/16/2012, 12:34 pm

Dez smiled, although resigned to his oncoming demise.

"I love you too," he kissed her back, and held his slowly dissolving arms around her, the last part of him to go was his lips, which were still firmly pressed against Skylar's. He was gone. Nothing, but a shadow.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/16/2012, 12:44 pm

Skylar sat there heart broken. A flame of anger welled up inside Skylar, bringing her to her feet. Her scythe as well as Dez's firmly gripped in her hands. "You monster!"

Only she and Shrike stood against him now. His death was not going to be in vain.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/16/2012, 12:53 pm

Dez however, didn't die. To everyone else, he was no more, but he was very much alive.

However, he was slightly... different.

He was literally just a shadow, he could see all of what was happening, but he felt nothing, as he had no physical form.

He was just a shadow...

There must be a way out of this... I promised Skylar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:53 pm