A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Superhero story! We all love those!

Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2012-06-01

Superhero story! We all love those! Empty Superhero story! We all love those!

Post by Geniosity 9/30/2012, 7:56 am

Okay people here is my awesome story of awesomeness. No idea what to call it yet.

DISCLAIMER: Somebody asked me why it was so much like Sky High the movie. I have never seen that movie but will keep writing according to my original plans. So, if anything happens in this that happens in Sky High, I am not responsible. That being said...

Thanks to Star and Lunafly for being the best editors a writer could have!

I welcome ALL criticizim!

PUNS: ALMOST every single character has a pun in their name that relates to their powers! If you can find them all, you'll get... Nothing. But if you can guess Danny's power (Yep, just one) before I show you, you'll get... Well, i'll figure something out. But chances are you'll never get it!

Well here ya go!

Introduction

Have you ever experienced when you couldn't really live up to someone’s expectations, but you just couldn't let them down? Well, I’m not sure about you, but in my opinion, that pretty much sums up my whole life. If you haven’t experienced that, however, then your dad is probably not the most famous superhero in the world. And in a world of heroes , villains, and innocent bystanders, my dad is the Spectre, and he definitely fits that criteria. See, I come from a long line of super-powered ancestors, and my dad is arguably the best. Flight, illusion, he’s pretty cool. I know what you’re probably thinking: Oh, he’s so lucky! Or, I wish I was him! But no, there are times when he’s, not so cool…

Last edited by Frizzlepuss on 9/30/2012, 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Superhero story! We all love those! Empty Re: Superhero story! We all love those!

Post by Geniosity 9/30/2012, 8:00 am

Chapter 1: Kindergarten all over again

Up until today, I had been a normal kid, going to a normal school. But now I was heading to probably the most private high school in the world. Why is this, you ask? Well, it’s because I was heading to a high-school… For super-heroes. The problem was, I had no powers. Ever since I was a kid, I had masqueraded to be the super-powered boy my dad thought I was now. But how could I break it to him now, on the first day of school? I didn’t know what to do. I was heading to a new place, to a totally new experience. It was… Kindergarten, all over again.
    “Daniel? Danny? You gettin’ ready for school?” That was my dad. The greatest super-hero who ever lived, and by the escalating volume of his footsteps, I could tell he was heading right here.
    “Uh, oh...” I said, and quickly opened the window. I turned my small fan to the high setting and hid it somewhere, then I threw some stuff around the floor, right around the area where the open window was. I sprayed some water over my face, stressed until my face turned light red, and went up to the window, getting into a position of pretending to be climbing back in right when dad opened the door to my room.
    “Danny? What are you d- oh, I see,” He said and smiled. “Takin’ in the cool morning air on your first day of school?”
    “Yep!” Was my short-worded reply. “Tried to get a few blocks in before school, you know…”
    “Oh, I know. Come here, you!” He said and playfully noogied me on the head. See? My dad, Mr. Awesome. Not really. I couldn’t stand lying. I hated it. But I also knew that I couldn’t just let him down like that, tell him I had no powers. He thought I was the next great super-hero of the world. No, I was a normal kid, trying to keep my super-powered dad impressed.
    “Aw, son! You look so low… What’s wrong?”
    “Nothing, dad. It’s just that-“
    “First day of school?”
    “Uh… How’d ya know?”
    “Son, I remember my first day of school, and it was scary too. But just remember this, son. Mess with one Nuetron, mess with all of them.” He had lowered his voice considerably low now.
    “No, dad. It’s- it’s-“
    “Oh, look at the time, I think it’s time for you to have breakfast!” He blurted out. He was so proud, he didn’t even allow me to express my feelings, and he didn’t even know it.
    We headed downstairs to a breakfast my mom, the infamous Flashflood, master of water manipulation, had already prepared. She was obviously proud too, but at least SHE didn’t micro-monitor my entire life.
    “Oh hi, honey!” She gleefully greeted me. “First day of school, can’t be late!” She said. “Eat up!” I plumped down on my seat and started on a healthy breakfast of eggs, grits, and Canadian bacon. Then, mom noticed how slow I was eating.
    “Honey, are you okay? Anything wrong?”
    “Oh, it’s nothing, Wilma,” My dad spoke for me. “He’s just nervous about his first day of high school!” Well, dad, you’re both right AND wrong. When I finished my last bite, I hopped up and checked the time. 8:00! Time for me to get on the bus. The bus… To CASH. Yeah, more on that later.
    I walked outside to see a bus, heading down towards the street. Hopefully, it was my bus, so I wouldn’t end up hopping on and then being totally embarrassed when I found out it was for another school. Youch, that would stink.
    “Daniel, hey! Hey, hey Danny!” Shouted a familiar voice. And it’s been familiar since the first grade, when I first met Skyler Larkson. All you had to do for admission to CASH was have at least one superhero parent, no powers required. But Skyler, she had had her powers, ever since the third grade. And she had a pretty cool power, too. She could’ve easily gotten to CASH, much faster than the bus. Too bad nobody knew where it was. Except for the bus driver. That would’ve been going a little too far…
    “What’s up, Skyler?”
    “Was that meant as a pun for my power?” Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you: Skyler’s power is flight. But not only can she fly, she can also increase or decrease her speed, AND she can levitate! Those are the blessings of a dream to a shy kid like me. So that’s why I messed up my room and pretended to be crawling though the window when dad came up: Because he thought I was a flier, just like Skyler, just like himself. If only that were true…
    “Naw, I didn’t notice! Besides… I’m not in the mood for puns today…” My parents may not have known about me not developing my powers yet, but she sure did.
    “Why, what- oh, I know. It’s about you not having any powers, is it? It’s okay, it’s not like it’s the first time something like this has happened…” She said assuringly. Yep, she knew. The only ones who knew that I was the son of super-heroes, but had no powers, were Skyler and Jackson, my best friend in the whole wide world.
    “It IS the first time a kid of the greatest super-heroes of all time had no powers.” I said gloomily.
    “Oh, come on,” She said, punching me in the arm.
    “What?”
    “It’ll be fine if you stop being such a worrywart!” She said awkwardly. That put a smile on my face. Only SKYLER could make ME smile. We looked over to the normal-looking school bus, rolling closer. We locked our hands together tightly and walked over to the bus as it came to a screeching halt, and the shining glass double-doors slowly opened up. We walked to the entrance and stumbled up the steps.
    The bus turned his head towards us and glared, but in an instant, that intimidating expression turned to surprised. The driver gasped. Weirded out by this, I cocked my head and slowly said
    “Hey, I’m-“
    “Daniel Nuetron, Nathan Donald, it’s a pleasure,” He blurted out awkwardly, taking my hand and shaking it. “You two!” He said, pointing to the kids in the seat behind him. “Give it up. That seat, is reserved for Daniel Nuetron.”
    “Uh… No thanks,” I said. “I think I’ll sit with somebody I actually know.” That being said, I strolled over to the back of the bus and sat next to Jackson Small, my best friend.
    Skyler sat at the only non-taken seat, and a few seconds later, I heard a heated argument that included Skyler’s voice, and another soft, but far-off and intimidating voice.
    Jackson then pulled me over and started a conversation of his own.
    “So, you got your powers yet?”
    “Nope, ‘fraid I’m a little late… Well, how about you?”
    “Yep! Middle of Summer, just resting in my room, and bam!” He said, clapping his hands for effect. “It happened. Can’t tell you what it is, bro, but what I CAN tell you is that it’s AWESOME, bro, it’s awesome.”
    “Yeah… Hey, that bus driver, when I came in, he just… Knew my name. What was that for?”
    “Oh come on, dude! He’s a mind reader, duh!” Then, the mind reader bus driver looked back at the full bus and said
    “All right, I think that’s the last one. Get ready, kids, because I’m sensing that around 90% of you AREN’T ready, and so all I can say is… Get ready.” He then turned back and murmured “Time for the fun part.”
    We started driving faster and faster, picking up speed, then turned over to a part of our neighborhood that had been condemned by police!
    “Hey, uhh… Isn’t this illegal?” I said as we rolled along. However, the road proved to be a shortcut to… The city? The city was supposed to be like, 45 minutes away, but we reached it in 5! Strange. We then turned right at an exit that said “Road under construction”, but nobody seemed to notice. In fact, the “workers” faced and saluted us! The road was rather steep. It got much steeper as we climbed up the spiraling road, which went higher than roads should go. Suddenly, we hit a large BUMP! And the bus suddenly went from struggling up a steep road, to rolling on a level one… 100 feet in the air. We all gasped, and froze for a second.
    “You ain’t seen nothin’ yet…” The bus driver chuckled. We picked up speed , going faster and faster and faster, until we went much faster than I thought a school bus could and should possibly go. As we went farther along, we realized with condescending horror that after another mile, the road just cut off, leading to a giant free-fall to whatever awaited whoever was careless enough to drive off it. This driver was a suicide driver!
    I saw in driver’s mirror, Nathan the bus driver, smiling smugly. Something was up. We all either opened or closed our eyes in fear as we accelerated towards the side of the road… And drove straight off.

Lol it's long.

Superhero story! We all love those! Empty Re: Superhero story! We all love those!

Post by Guest 9/30/2012, 9:17 am

You're welcome writer of writeriness.
    -Chris-
    -Chris-

Male
    Number of posts : 888
    Registration date : 2012-03-18

Post by -Chris- 9/30/2012, 9:30 am

Frizzle, you just earned a fan. :3
    Crazy
    Crazy
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5403
    Registration date : 2011-04-16

Post by Crazy 9/30/2012, 12:17 pm

Your doing great do more!;)
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 9/30/2012, 1:45 pm

*Groovy grove Gra-joove dance* I definitely will!
    -Chris-
    -Chris-

Male

Post by -Chris- 9/30/2012, 3:51 pm

DO IT NOW! D:<

Or, YOU LOSE A FAN.

Your choice, choose wisely. :3
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 9/30/2012, 4:20 pm

LOL okay...
    Chapter 2: There’s a reason they called it high school...

We were going so fast, we stayed suspended in the air for a few seconds, then started to lose angle. The bus climbed down… And down… And down.
    We all screamed for our lives, though we were having a rather hard time considering the driver had pressed some little button that opened every single window! But he, he was loving this. I could tell by the fact that he was the only one screaming with joy.
    Suddenly, he pressed another button, and I heard a mechanical sound outside. I looked out to see wings sprouting out from the sides of the bus! I looked back to him as he pulled up on the driver’s wheel, and the bus arched downwards, then coming straight back up, barely scratching the top of a building! The driver grunted and kept flying. This was just as scary. For 10 minutes, we flew faster than an airplane, with the windows open, in a flying school bus!
    The only one who wasn’t scared to death was Skyler. It figured, since she could fly. And it would also ruin the point if she was afraid of heights, wouldn’t it? Donald did barrel-rolls and flips just to scare us, but after 10 minutes of horror, it was over. We then slowed down, cruising around at a level speed and angle. Well, actually, I wasn’t really sure which way was up or down until I saw it, concealed through the clouds, probably the biggest thing that’s ever been in the air: CASH.
    While we were still catching our breath, Donald continued and introduced the school to us as though nothing had happened. Wow. We were going to have to do this every day? Oh gosh, that stunk.
    “Ladies and gentle not-men, welcome to the highest high-school there ever was, Carson’s Academy for Super Humans, or, as you freshmen like to call it, CASH.” Well, guess I didn’t have to explain. “It’s location is only known by a special few, such as myself, and as a precaution, it not only is always moving, but also has a special invisibility shield which only allows it to be seen if you are on one of these buses or on the school’s very own grounds, which is why that GPS app won’t help you, Mr. Myers, please put that away. Our school has a reputation for being the best school for super-kids, and more than 80% of students here in the hero or superhero class end up as world-famous heroes, which is exactly why we keep her suspended at all times with our special satellite high up in space, with anti-gravitic reversion technology as a backup. I’m sensing that more than half of you have not read the student handbook so I’ll just get you up to date. Today, you will be assigned to one of three different classes depending on your powers! And that’s all I’ll tell you unlucky few who really should read the handbook except you, Mr. Nuetron I’ll give you the handbook as soon as we land! Now, look over and admire, the best super-human school for more than 20 years, Carson’s Academy for- oh, you know what, I’ll just call it CASH…”
    The bus circled around the school, tilting down left so we slid that way. Heads went up and seatbelt unbuckled as everyone scrambled to get a better view of the famous school. Oohs and aahs echoed throughout the bus at sight of the amazing facility. How could I survive in a place like that? I didn’t try to look. I just sat there, thinking.
    “What’s wrong, Mr. Nuetro-“
    “-Gosh, stop stalking me!” I shouted out to Donald. Well, he WAS annoying me.
    “Y- Yes sir…” Wow. Apparently I was some really big deal here… Or maybe just to him. After another minute, I could feel the bus circling down as Donald piped up
    “All right everybody, take your seats! I know you’re all VERY excited.” We slowed down until I felt a big BUMP! That shook the entire bus, but soon after, I felt the smooth roll of a bus on the ground, which caused my tensions to loosen up a little. I felt the screech that signaled the end of a long bus ride, and then unbuckled immediately. I couldn't wait to get out of this horror coaster. Donald rolled the little handle that caused the two glass double-doors to open up and said
    “Please exit in an ORDERLY fashion…” Of course, nobody listened, and feet pounded the floor as kids scrambled to get out, to be the first to step foot on the highest high-school in the world. Once everybody else was out, I unbuckled and slowly walked over to the steps, my stomach still churning from that flight. We were lucky nobody was airsick. I jumped down and walked out, dragging my feet on the ground and never lifting them.
    Skyler was waiting outside for me, and she looked at me strangely as I dragged my feet.
    “What are you doing?” She laughed.
    “I never thought the ground would feel so good!” Was my reply. She laughed out loud and said
    “Come on, let’s go.” She pulled me along to catch up with the large body of high-school freshman admiring… Well, everything. It was all crazy, amazing, and beautiful at the same time. I saw one kid super-jump to the roof with a carton of eggs, then an adult materialized out of thin air and grab the kid by his collar, and then another adult super-stretch all the way to the top and carry them both down, where the adult then proceeded to drag the kid inside the massive glass doors. To my left, cheerleaders were, well, cheerleading. To my right, I saw two older kids, most likely seniors, picking on a small, spindly kid. “Hey!” I wanted to shout out at them, but they were seniors… And they had powers. Two tall, hot girls walked by, and the kid stared straight at one of the bullies’ crotch, and then, the bullies’ underwear showed! They were whitey-tighties with little red polka-dots all over. They bully tried to cover it with his hands, but I could see through THOSE then! This caused the other bully to run away, and the victim bully stayed still in fear and embarrassment, but the two girls just laughed out loud.
    “Welcome! Welcome!” Said a mature voice that came from straight ahead. I looked that way to see a very tall man with a perfectly shaved Orlando Bloom mustache walking towards us with open hands. Wait a minute, I hadn’t seen THIS guy yet! I had surveyed the entire campus, and could’ve sworn I hadn’t seen him yet! But I was more focused on a tall, meaty kid on the steps, rolling a mini soccer ball in his arms. He caught it, put it in his hand, and threw it so hard I could barely see it as it zipped through the air! It went so fast, we didn’t even have time to warn whoever this was that it was headed right for the back of his head! However, the tall adult just raised his hand… And caught it! He turned around and threw it back! It missed the kid, who ducked, then realized that it hadn’t hit him, then turned around smugly. However, the ball bounced around 5 times, and then smacked the kid square in the face! It went something like
    “Ha, you missed me old ma- doh!” The man turned back to us, opened his arms back up, and said
    “Hello children. I am Principal Carson, and welcome to CASH.”
    Crazy
    Crazy
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Crazy 9/30/2012, 6:09 pm

Don't forget to give credit to you edidtor.
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 9/30/2012, 6:11 pm

I did and just because you posted that i'll make it in BIG writing! You ARE a great editor.
    -Chris-
    -Chris-

Male

Post by -Chris- 9/30/2012, 6:14 pm

Nice Frizzle, keep going. :D
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 9/30/2012, 6:52 pm

Loving the feedback! Guess i'm not as bad a writer as I thought I was!
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female
    Number of posts : 3385
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Post by communist 10/1/2012, 6:59 am

MORE~!~!~! I LOVE IT~!
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 10/6/2012, 9:28 am

My newest addition! Sorry I took so long i'll be on a mega-tight schedule for the whole month. Also, if you have a good title idea (Because I suck at those) please tell me! Anyways, here it is!

Chapter 3: Who ever said they didn’t grade you by opinion?

The man, Principal Carson, said “Come,” And then turned around, walking over to the entrance. We proceeded to follow him, still taking in every amazing thing that was happening around us. We all scrambled to fit through the massive glass doors amongst everyone else in our group.
    When we all finally managed to get through, Principal Carson organized us into two lines and lined us up side-by-side. He then proceeded to give a very insightful tour, taking us around the school, showing us everything from the escape pods to the bathrooms, which turned out to be a place for goofing around, to some people. No wonder we had to leave so early! The tour seemed to take almost an hour! However, when we were done, Principal Carson led us back to where we started.
    “Any questions?” He asked. A hand shot up from the back of the group. It was a small, weedy kid with glasses and a CASH hoodie.
    “Yes?” Principal Carson asked.
    “Okay, I read in the handbook that we would be grouped into our separate classes based on our powers. When would that be?”
    “Oh, today!” Principal Carson replied. The kid then hung his head down, and so did I. If we were being rated on how powerful we were, I would fail. I didn’t even HAVE any powers. But Skyler made the connection the same time I did, and her eyes shot in my direction.
    “It’ll be fine.” She whispered in my ear. No. No, it wouldn’t. She of all people should’ve understood, but she didn’t. Then, the bell rang. DLLLLLLLLLING!
    “Oh, that’s the bell! You have NOT gotten your classes yet, so please report immediately to the gymnasium! Good luck!” Following his directions, we headed towards the gymnasium and basically let ourselves in when we got there. We sat down on the hard, boarded floor and talked about the day so far, waiting for… Something, I didn’t know what.
    “So…” Skyler said. “What do you think?”
    “Kindergarten, all over again.” She laughed and said
    “No, I mean about the school?”, smiling. I smiled back.
    “Kindergarten, all over again. I’m confused, in this new environment, I don’t know what do, and my biggest worry is super-powered bullies. I mean, thinking about it. So basically, if you ignore the fact that I’ll be dead by tomorrow, yes, I’m enjoying it.” Skyler just rolled her eyes and smiled.
    “I think it’s pretty cool.” She said, ignoring me. “And how about Principal Carson?”
    “Him? He seems pretty cool, except that even as young as he looks, he’s so old-fashioned. I mean, he called us children and even said ‘come’ like one of those wise wizard masters in Lord of the Rings. I mean, that is so old school…” Skyler laughed and smiled.
    “You never look at anyone’s good qualities, do you?”
    “Would you trust a gangster if he was smart and hot?” She rolled her eyes.
    “There’s no such thing as a smart gangster. Otherwise, would he be a gangster?”
    “Touche.”
    “But did you see the way he caught that ball? It must’ve gone faster than a bullet, and he just put his hand behind his head and CAUGHT it! Then, he bounced it off of 5 walls so it hit his target precisely! You’ve gotta admit, that IS cool!”
    “He could still be a gangster…”
    “FRESHMEN!” Boomed a deep voice, coming from the back of the gymnasium. I expected it to be some massive, drill-sergeant gym coach, but it wasn’t. In fact, it was just… A normal-sized gym coach.
    “Today, I will judge you, based on your powers, and put you into one of three classes: Sidekick, hero, and superhero. You will then proceed to those specific classes, where you’ll stay for THE REST OF THE YEAR.” He said sternly. Like an unlikable gym teacher. Oh wait…
    He then walked to the semicircle in the middle of the court and raised his hands slowly. Then, the circle literally rose up from the ground at the same speed as his arms went up, floating in the air. Then, something made a deep click! And the circle stopped moving, just as his arms did.
    The man had a serious tan going on, and the blue-and-white striped uniform he wore didn’t really help. He wore a baseball cap with the same pattern, and had the grimace of someone who was really hard to befriend.
    “Now, I do believe we haven’t yet had a proper introduction! I will tell you only once, my name, is Coach Wally Marco.” A few students started to chuckle. “If you laugh at my name, god help me, I will expel you from our school!” Immediately, all the kids shut up. “Thank you. Now, who wants to be first? Nobody? How about… You! What’s your name?”
    “Nicholas.” The random kid said, fearless. He was really tall, with a black skull hoodie on that looked 3 sizes too big.
    “Get up here…” The coach grunted. Nicholas walked over to the side of the floating semicircle, and climbed up.
    “All right, son, power up.” Nicholas grunted and clapped his hands. Then, a massive floating monster head suddenly appeared in front of us, and roared! It was humoungous, warty, and… Purple. Very purple. It looked like a demon head with a more pointed chin. We all covered our ears as the roar blasted us back. Everybody but Nicholas seemed surprised. Even Coach Marco seemed rather startled. Then, Nicholas clapped his hands again, and it disappeared.
    “Illusions, hmm…” The coach nodded in approval, though also obviously deep in thought, his pencil making two writing sounds on the paper he held in his clipboard. “Hero!” The kid then jumped off the circle. The coach then pointed at another kid, a girl, and wagged his finger in a “come here” motion. She climbed up to the circle and stepped next to the coach.
    “What’s your name, what’s your power?”
    “Jennifer Fracture.”
    “Alrighty then, power u- AHHHHH!” Suddenly, the coach screamed. It was a horrible, broken-bone type scream. The coach bent over, his face contorted with pain, and grasped his leg. Jennifer smiled and cocked her head, and the coach stopped screaming. In fact, he collapsed to the floor, breathing long, hard breaths. You didn’t have to be a rocket scientist to deduce that Jennifer had been the cause of that. She smiled even more. She wore a checkered pink-and-black jacket with the zipper undone, and all that showed of her shirt was the weirdest skull I’d ever seen. She wore skinny jeans with holes in the knees, and those slip-on shoes that you didn’t even need to tie. Her hair was long and free, with a magenta line down the side. Her face looked like April Ludgate’s from Parks and Recreation. The coach slowly rose up, testing his leg, when Jennifer said
    “There’s nothing wrong with it, you big ba- Uh!” The coach jumped up and grabbed her jacket.
    “I know that was you…” He growled in her face, his own red with anger. Nice job, coach!
    “And since nobody ever said I couldn’t “give” you grades, I think I’ll make you a sidekick, just for that.” He pushed her off, then marked something on his paper. He then looked back up, a sour expression on his face.
    “Now that I’m in a bad mood, you just pray that I don’t decide to make you a sidekick just for the fun of it. You!” He growled, pointing at another kid. It was the same kid who had been brave enough to ask Principal Carson a question before. The same weedy boy with the glasses, orange CASH hoodie, and khaki shorts. Now, he wasn’t looking so brave.
    “Get your lazy butt up here…” The coach continued. The kid gulped and went over to the big floating circle, which had just become the big floating circle of death. “What’s your name?”
    “C-Cameron Steel…” He stuttered.
    “Now, try and show me whatever wimpy power you got!”
    “Well, that’s the problem sir, I-“
    “WHAT? WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!?”
    “Well, sir, I- uh… I don’t exactly HAVE any powers…” He said, twiddling his thumbs in nervousness.
    “No powers? No powers, side-KICK!? Get off my stage!”
    “Y- yes sir, right away, sir…” He ran off the semicircle in fear.
    “Now, who else wants to have a go? How about you…” He said, pointing at another kid who wore a blue under-armour shirt with some pretty dang stretchy-looking sport shirts of a darker shade, but still the same color. He had nicely groomed, black hair and movie-star glasses, which he took off and shoved in his pocket. The coach didn’t even have to tell the sleek-looking kid to step up. He got up, and said
    “So, I suppose you wanna know my name?”
    “Yes… Yes, I would.” The coach said, still seething with anger.
    “Jonathon Largo. Prepare to have your mind blown.” He clapped his hands, and started growing… And growing… And growing! Very soon, he was around 20 feet tall! He expanded and extended various parts of his body just to prove how powerful he really was. Even sour Coach marveled at this incredulous power of his.
    He took a small metal stick out of his pocket, and pressed a button. A BOOM sound came from right above Jonathon’s head, and all eyes shot to it. Suddenly, a massive, REAL SEDAN came flying from an open door on the ceiling! With just enough time to react, he raised his hands above his head and caught the car in mid-air! He then threw the car at the bleachers, and it exploded, sending spare parts flying all over! We all shielded our eyes from the bright explosion as parts flew through the gymnasium. The coach just stood there in shock, thinking.
    “SUPERhero!” He called out, marking something on his clipboard. The very first superhero of the day.
    “Heh, if he can make the cut, I can.” Jackson laughed hushedly, and then ran up.
    “Hey, I never called you up!” The coach said. Ignoring him, Jackson said
    “The name’s Jackson Small, try not to faint from overexposure to pure awesomeness.” He winked at me, then grunted, flexing his muscles, and shrunk, all the way down to the size of a hamster! “So, what do you think?”
    “I think that if I was allowed to, I’d kick you away, Mr. small. Sidekick, twerp!” Everybody laughed at this horrible joke except Skyler, Cameron and I. Jackson went back, his shoulders low, slowly growing back to his normal size. He climbed down and sullenly stepped back right next to me. The coach laughed and laughed. “Ha ha ha ha, alright, who’s next? Hmm… You!” He said, pointing a meaty, accusing finger at me.
    “M- me?”
    “Yes, you. Get your lazy bu-“ DRRRLLLLLLIIING! A bell, a school bell, rang out, and heads turned to the speaker that was the source of the sound.
    “Heh. Saved by the bell, eh? I was looking forward to seeing whatever worthless power you’ve got.” Saved by the bell. He couldn’t have been more right. He turned back around and pointed his big, tanned finger at me, squinting.
    “We’ll pick up with you, after lunch…”

Last edited by Frizzlepuss on 10/6/2012, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female

Post by communist 10/6/2012, 9:31 am

Wow, it's like Sky High.
    I love it~! MORE OR ELSE I WILL HIRE KRONOS TO DESTROY YOU~!
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 10/6/2012, 9:39 am

Yeah people have been telling me that except that I've never even that movie Lol. But don't worry I will be writing as often as I can because I've never abandoned a story in my whole life.
    Crazy
    Crazy
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Crazy 10/6/2012, 12:01 pm

Hey, your doing great keep it up!
    -Chris-
    -Chris-

Male

Post by -Chris- 10/6/2012, 2:55 pm

Saved by the bell. :P Classic.

Post by Guest 10/19/2012, 12:17 pm

sry ive been so busy i'll try to get back to editing soon

I'm trying to run a video business and charrie pic shop and i'm a mod on GOE's site and i wanna watch Hetalia too...

I busy.

Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 10/23/2012, 7:44 pm

I'm even busier. SOOOOOOOOOOOO super (He he. Super.) sorry it's taking me so long. I literally have no time at all to do... Well, anything. Sorry. But I WILL keep working on the story no matter what!
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female

Post by communist 10/23/2012, 7:53 pm

POST ANOTHER CHAPTER WHEN YOU HAVE TIME BECAUSE THIS STORY IS INTERESTING!!!
    -Chris-
    -Chris-

Male

Post by -Chris- 10/24/2012, 9:31 am

Frizzle, if you have to, you could like post a little bit of the chapter, and keep editing and editing till you have the full chapter!!
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 11/11/2012, 7:54 pm

Well, here's chapter 4. It took so long because of schedule, and that I didn't really have much fun with it, and I don't think you will either. Well, here it is! (I'll do the paragraphs later... I know you guys didn't like the waiting so I didn't wanna keep you waiting)

Chapter 4: If life were to suddenly get fair…

Our big group of freshmen moved like a school of fish, bumping each other as we raced to be the first in the lunch line. But when the bigger fish came, we moved aside and made way for them. Who were the sharks? Jonathon and Nicholas. The only ones with a higher ranking than sidekick so far. But unless life were to suddenly get fair, and I’d finally receive my power before the break of the hour, fate had placed me in another small group, lagging behind the larger one, which consisted of Cameron, Jackson, Jennifer, and, of course, me. We silently strolled on school campus, heading for the cafeteria, until somebody said something. “Why are you here?” It was that small kid with the glasses and disgusting orange CASH hoodie. Cameron. That was all he had to say to communicate the whole message… And the fact that he was talking to me. “I… Er, um… Okay. Guess I can tell you now.” Jackson shot me an open-eyed, worried look. He knew what I was about to say. “I... Have no powers.” “What?” “Yeah. I, uh… Yeah. I’ve never had any powers.” “But- but you’re the son of-“ “I know, the Spectre. Everybody expects greatness from me, but I just can’t reach those expectations… Truly, far from them.” Cameron then stopped talking, looking down again as we entered the cafeteria. All I can say was… It was REALLY big. And chaotic. Think about how chaotic YOUR cafeterias are, or were. Then, multiply it by ten and give everyone a super-power of some sort… And even then you haven’t experienced what I was seeing. The line went out all the way back to the broken door we came in from, kind of like the world’s longest… Well, lunch line. I saw one kid folding up a paper airplane to throw. He then threw it SO FAST that I barely could see it, whooshing through the air. Less than a second later, it hit a tall, sassy-looking kid with sunglasses and an afro squarely in the face, knocking him back to the wall. The huge kid who had thrown it didn’t have much time to laugh before his opponent threw a single airplane, which actually looked pretty normal, in reply. However, once it got over the big kid, it fell apart and 12 more airplanes sprouted out and each one hit him in a, well, sensitive spot. My guess was: Brains vs. Brawn. But if this continued throughout the year, I didn’t see how this cafeteria, with its already beat-up tiled walls and standard, turquoise-spotted shiny floor could survive. Well, it’s probably been like this since the school was founded, apparently in 2002… Or something. I observed more strange showdowns like this… Well, everywhere. Then, I looked over to the cafeteria line… Actually, lines. There were 3 lines. The first one, the longest one, was back against the wall. At the front, I saw goopy cafeteria food… Taken to the max! I could have sworn some of the stuff I saw was alive! And guess what the sign on the wall the entire line was leaning on it said: Sidekick line! Horrible, right? It gets even worse. At the opposite side on the wall was the second-longest line, which ended into standard cafeteria food, which looked pretty good. Pizza, hamburgers… WAY better than what the sidekicks were getting, at least. It was easy to guess what THAT was: The hero line. What was even worse was the next line: The superhero line. It went down from the center, and was the shortest line. Gourmet food such as lobsters, big beefy buffets, and anything good you can think of was stacked on trays that led to the front of the line. The sight made me drool. Above that was a sign that said “Unjudged eat in the superhero line- free!” Oh, good. I knew I was gonna end up as a sidekick anyways, so I should have at least one good meal here. But I got that feeling- Like when you just know one small action could affect the rest of your life, that migraine-like tingling you feel when you almost know that if you do one thing, it’ll change you forever, and I acted on that feeling. I shuffled over to the sidekick line. After receiving my lunch, mashed potatoes and “meatloaf” that looked like it had more than less of meat required to actually call something “meatloaf.” I trudged over to the “sidekick” table and sat down on a run down, squeaky seat, where Cameron, Jackson and Jennifer were already seated. I looked over to Skyler, who had just received her share of the gourmet food reserved for “superheroes.” She searched the cafeteria until her eyes fell upon me, not exactly gobbling down my food. “Skyler! Hey, Skyler!” I called out. She started walking towards me, when a massive, metal hand clamped her shoulder, immediately stopping her with it’s un-human grip. I watched as she struggled to get out, and she looked at the 10-foot tall figure, looming above her. It wasn’t even a person… It was a robot. A huge, intimidating robot. *It is forbidden to sit with any group other than that which you are.* It boomed in it’s deep, metallic voice. It turned Skyler (who was still struggling) loose, making sure she sat with the specially designated “superhero” table. The thing was, Skyler was unjudged. Technically, she could sit anywhere she WANTED to. But the robot saw her get food from the super hero line, so as far as it knew, Skyler was a superhero. Ha! Schools say we should avoid cliques, but this system of labeling seemed to be supporting them! Our group of degraded freshmen at the “sidekick” table silently finished our lunch, and got up to leave. As I walked out of the lunchroom, I saw the massive robot that had caught Skyler earlier dragging the two smart and strong kids I’d seen fighting, earlier before by their collars. They struggled to escape, but the strong kid couldn’t make a dent in the robot’s armor, and the smart one had opened the robot’s armor on it’s forearms, but was failing to hack it. It gave a good yank! and the kids immediately stopped their futile attempts of escape. Before lunch, we had been given specific instructions to go right back to the gym when we where done, instead of staying out on the patio, located outside, until our lunch period teacher came to get us. We were halfway to the gym when Skyler popped up beside me. “Hey, Danny.” “You should be stuffing your faces, just like the others.” We sidekicks wouldn’t have that much food, and only a quarter of it would actually be EDIBLE, so we’d be done a lot earlier than the other groups. “I couldn’t eat, thinking about what was probably on your mind.” She said in reply. This made me smile. It made me happy whenever she let me know how much she cared. We stopped in front of the gym doors. “What’s on my mind? Well, it’s mainly fear for what’s behind those.” I cocked my head in the direction of the doors. “Don’t worry,” she whispered in my ear . “I’ll be there with you, no matter what.” This reassured me as I shuffled forward, opening the doors to the gym. Opening the doors to Coach Marco’s judging room. Opening the doors to my doom…
    communist
    communist
    Honorary Cat

Female

Post by communist 11/12/2012, 3:27 pm

WHERE'S THE NEXT CHAPTER? HOW DARE YOU END ON A CLIFFHANGER, Evil!
    Geniosity
    Geniosity

Male

Post by Geniosity 11/12/2012, 4:16 pm

Please don't hire Kronos to eat me! Anything but THAT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 8:02 am