A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

The Land of Blue Sands

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

The Land of Blue Sands Empty The Land of Blue Sands

Post by sienna 11/3/2012, 8:28 pm

Intro
    Long ago, in another world, there is an island, unlike any island there is, the sand is blue, the water orange. The sky is normal, same light blue dome above them, and white clouds; but other than that, the world id different, it is the land of blue sands. The people there they look normal, but they have a different history, they’re lives are run by water, it powers their cars, their washing machines, their televisions, they are stuck in the industrial age. They also have a monarchy; a King, and a Queen, and a princess. There is a girl whom bears a remarkable resemblance to the princess, other than her name; they are two of a kind. But the doppelganger, or twin, is not a princess, only a poor girl on the outskirts of the kingdom, her mother a seamstress, her father, a Harvester. The two girls, from different lands, metaphorically of course, the princess, Eva; and the poor girl, Grace, had no idea of each other, well ,until the harvest.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

The Land of Blue Sands Empty Re: The Land of Blue Sands

Post by sienna 11/3/2012, 8:28 pm

Chapter 1
    Eva

Eva hated horses. They were messy, and too wild. When she was small she always wanted a pony, oh boy, was she wrong. It wasn’t Eva's fault the horse saw a snake; it also wasn’t her fault that the horse reared up on its back legs and threw her off. It wasn’t Eva's fault. Although, it was her who had to pay the price, tearing her dress, a beautiful blue, to match the sky and the sand; messing up her hair, making the perfect fiery orange curls get splattered with mud. She was never going to ride a horse ever again. She sat on her bed, now in a silver silk dress, that brought out her big green eyes. A knock came on the door.
    “Who is it?” She asked, hoping it would not be her riding coach, begging her to get back up on that horse.
    “It’s someone with a brand new dress!” came the reply.
    “Lucile!” She squealed, her personal stylist was always designing new dresses for her, each more beautiful than the last. She threw open the door, Lucile held the dress behind her back, a big grin on her face.
    “I have your harvest dress.” She announced.
    “Ooh! What is the color this year? Gold? Blue? Ooh, chartreuse?” Every year the royal family wore a certain color, as a part of the festivities, this year Eva was now allowed to make her first appearance to the rest of the kingdom, as she was now 13.
    Lucile pulled the dress out from behind her back, and Eva was aghast. The dress was a scarlet red, and she hated it. It wasn’t that she thought it was ugly, in fact it was quite beautiful; but if she put that dress on the red would clash hugely with her bright orange hair. She would kill someone, if she was forced to wear that as her first dress, the way her people would look at her, she could not even take.
    “No!” Eva said staring at Lucile “This is all wrong! All wrong!”
    “Sweetie, you will look gorgeous in this dress!” Lucile reassured.
    “I will look like a clown!” she shrieked
    “I really don’t see the problem!” Lucile argued
    “The problem?!” Eva squeaked, “The problem is, that it will clash with my hair!”
    “Trust me, dearie, you will look darling!”
    “Who ordered this color?”
    “Now I really don’t see why that ma-“
    “WHO?!” Eva screamed
    “Your mother.” Lucile whispered, terrified.
    Eva ran out of her room and across the palace, servants veering away from her as she ran down the long hallways. When she got to her mother, the queen was in the sewing room, working on needle point and sipping tea.
    “Mother!” Eva yelled as she ran in. The queen looked up from her tea, not surprised by her daughter’s outburst. She gave her daughter a small smile and said “Hello, my dear, how are you?”
    “How am I?!” Eva asked “How dare you make the colors for the harvest red! You know what that does to me?”
    “I do?” She asked the smile still on her face.
    “Yes! You know perfectly well that red makes me look like a clown!”
    “And what do you want me to do about it?”
    “Change the color!” Eva screamed
    The queen sighed “Eva, all our outfits have already been made, and the harvest is in a couple days.”
    Eva stared at her, and the queen stared right back. “Eva, will it make you happy if we give you a diamond necklace, to complement your skin tone, the dress does a good enough job, as it makes you skin look wonderful. And perhaps some diamond earrings as well?” The queen suggested.
    Eva pondered that for a while, she had always wanted a diamond necklace, even more diamond earrings.
    “Fine, I shall wear the dress as long as I get a diamond necklace and earrings to match.” Eva said.
    “Perfect, I shall get that arranged,” Eva's mother looked at the clock, “Now dearie head off to your music lesson.”
    Eva curtsied to her mother and walked briskly out the door.
    When she got to the music room she picked up her violin, and sat down, with perfect posture, if she might add, and waited for her music teacher, Madame Sandra, to arrive. When Madame Sandra, walked into the room, Eva stood up her violin under her chin ready to play.
    “B minor scale please.” Madame Sandra ordered.
    Eva did as she was told, and when she was done she went and sat in her chair, her violin on her lap.
    “Very good, now Eva, tell me who wrote one of the most famous pieces, in b minor.”
    “Sir Quincy Portaleena, who wrote the Waltz of the sky bird.”
    “Correct, now will you preform it for me?”
    Eva put her violin under her chin and did as she was told.
    After her lesson was done, Eva walked back to her room, for a nap. She got into her nap gown, a light blue night gown, and climbed under her silk sheets, she cuddled her special stuffed animal, a bunny, named Addie; and fell asleep.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 11/3/2012, 8:29 pm

Chapter 2
    Grace
    “Ow!” Grace exclaimed as a pin poked her side.
    “Well, if you would stay still, I wouldn’t poke you.” Her mother said. They were making Grace’s first formal dress for the harvest.
    “Are you sure I’ll look nice?” this was grace’s first harvest; it was custom that only children of the age of 13 and up be allowed to go.
    “Positive, I am the best dress maker in down.” Her mother assured.
    “Is it true you made the princess’s dress?” Grace asked
    Her mother looked up a suspicious look in her eye. “Now, where did you hear that?”
    “From , she said she saw a royal stylist leaving your shop, with dresses!”
    “Okay. Fine, I made the princesses dress, I won’t tell you what it looks like though, that is a surprise.”
    “Aw” Grace complained.
    “Alright, I’m going to finish the hem on this, you can take off the dress.” Her mother said
    Grace pulled off the dress; her own regular dress was underneath, a simple ivory color. She then put on her canvas shoes and ran out. She and her parents lived on top of her mother’s dress shop, not far from the fields where her father worked, this year, her father was the best harvester, so her family got to arrive to the harvest ball with the royal family, she even had hopes of becoming the princess’s best friend, although that was very unlikely.
    When she got outside, she wished she had grabbed her coat; her thin dress didn’t do much to keep the cold out even with the long sleeves. Her mother’s shop was right in the middle of the town, so the streets were always crowded, this was a poor part of the kingdom so there were no cars here, and there wasn’t even a water station. The streets were as congested more than normal, as on the harvest all the shops would close, so they were getting last minute shopping done.
    “Grace!” came a cry from inside the hustle and bustle, on the street. Out popped a girl with freckles and blond hair in two French braids. Her dress was even more tattered then grace’s and was a pale pink. It was Kelsey, Grace’s best friend.
    “Happy Thursday!” Kelsey greeted, today she was more cheerful than normal.
    “Happy Thursday.” Grace said back “Have you gotten your dress for the Harvest yet?”
    “Ooh yes! How about you?”
    “My mother is almost done with it.” Grace replied
    “You are so lucky your mother is a dress maker” Kelly said wistfully “I had to get mine from a second hand store.”
    “Well your mother is a jeweler; you get to wear pretty necklaces.” Grace told her.
    “True.” Kelsey admitted
    They walked along the shops talking about the harvest.
    They were sitting outside the bakery, the aromas of the baking bread, when suddenly a car pulled through the crowd stopping outside of Grace’s mother’s shop.
    Graces heartbeat raced, she ran leaving Kelsey and pushed through the crowd, trying not to be swept away. This used to happen, when the kingdom was fighting the dark war, people would come and take the men away. But the war was over, bad had lost.
    When grace got to the door she threw it open and ran inside.
    There was a man, shaped very much like a celery stick, He was obviously from the palace, as he wore a bright blue waist coat and orange breeches, with a purple velvet hat and purple velvet pointed shoes. He also had that look the noble people wore when they saw peasants, like they just stepped in horse poop.
    He cleared his voice and opened a scroll “The king asks the family of Henry Harvester, if they have chosen their color for the harvest ball, and wish the colors did not clash with theirs.” There were no special surnames for peasants; they were called by what the father did, in this case, harvesting.
    Grace’s mother stepped forward “Yes, that is us. And we will be wearing attire of an ivory color.” She said very politely, Grace would never, ever, be kind to a noble person if they were rude to her, she didn’t care about social class.
    The celery stick man checked his scroll and said “Yes, that will do. I must remind you that the car will be here to pick you up, at 4:30pm sharp on the day of the harvest.”
    “Why so early?” Grace asked. Celery stick man looked her strait in the eye, it was clear that, to him, children were to be seen and not heard.
    “Well, Little miss. The royal family would like to have dinner with you before the celebration.”
    Grace nodded. Inside she was squealing for joy, she was going to be the first girl her age to see the princess, maybe they would become best friends.
    Grace decided not to back outside; instead she decided to help her mother cook dinner. They decided to make chicken soup, Grace’s favorite, she had been practicing on not slurping, ever since she found out she was going to be eating with the royal family. First they boiled the water, then added in the sliced chicken, they added a little broth, but not too much, as broth was expensive. They added some celery (it kept making her think of celery man) some unions, and carrots, and at last the soup was done. While her mother heated up the bread, Grace brought out the wooden bowls and spoons and set the table.
    Grace heard the bell on the door twinkle down stairs. She stopped what she was doing and ran down the stairs where her father was taking off his coat, “Father!” She squealed, and gave him a hug.
    “Hello my little Graceful . How was your day?”
    “It was fine, how about you?” She asked
    “I picked the record amount of apples today, so I got a raise.” He said with a big smile.
    “That’s wonderful, we should go tell mother.”
    They walked upstairs, mother was putting the food on the table. “Perfect Henry, your home, Now we can eat.”
    “Hello Molly, I got a 5% raise.”
    “That’s terrific!” She said giving him a hug
    They sat down and ate, talking about the upcoming harvest.
    “Do you think me and the princess could be friends?” Grace asked
    “I wouldn’t get your hopes up, the rich usually don’t like the lower class. But anything is possible.” Her mother said.
    Grace was disappointed by this, she really wanted a new friend.
    After cleaning the dishes, she went to her room, there wasn’t much a small bed and a dresser, but she did have a stuffed animal, a fuzzy bunny, she called it Mr. fuzzy, and she has had it ever since she can remember.
    She climbed in bed and burrowed under the sheets, until she fell asleep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 9:10 pm