A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

Cabin's Courtyard

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Cabin's Courtyard Empty Cabin's Courtyard

Post by Jordan 12/24/2012, 11:01 pm

Kennedy poked his head out of the door to his cabin. His wide blue eyes jumped from left to right and he stepped out slowly. He walked hesitantly from the Ares cabin and toward the congregation of people in the courtyard. He moved slowly hugging his arms tightly and made his way to the large fountain in the center. He turned and sat awkwardly on the edge of the fountain, gripping the edge tightly, as if afraid he'd be tossed in. Kennedy took a deep breath and cracked a light smile, this was a big step for him, he was around people. That was a good sign.

Dom began to whisper in his ear, talking about things Kennedy didn't want to hear. Violence, blood, death. He didn't want to hear it. Kennedy began to focus on the sounds of the gurgling water at his back. The demon's voice began to be drowned out... The demigod looked up and watched a few people around him, he tilted his head back and glanced at the sky which was a light gray, he imagined it would be spilling snow onto the camp grounds if it weren't for the weather barriers.

The demigod yawn and rubbed his eyes, maybe he should talk to someone, maybe he should break his shell a bit... He pushed the idea into the back of his mind, he was content with sitting here alone, with his thoughts.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Cabin's Courtyard Empty Re: Cabin's Courtyard

Post by GwrachSeren 12/24/2012, 11:08 pm

Vlad was worried. More than worried. It showed in his body language. He was wringing his hands over and over, as if trying to wash them but they wouldn't become clean. He sat on the fountain and took a shaky breath. He ran a hand through his black, shaggy hair and closed his eyes. Victoire is safe... She must be... She's Victoire... Right?

But this was Victoire he was thinking about. She was a rich kid who wasn't used to the streets or travelling by foot as many demigods had to. Victoire was the source of all his worries. His twin sister...

Thinking himself alone, Vlad let out a shaky whisper. "She's... She's probably OK..."
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 12/24/2012, 11:19 pm

Kennedy shook his head violently for a split second, a twitch as a result from... something. He assumed it was his body trying to resist Dom's influence. Kennedy sniffed, wiping his long sleeve under his cold, dripping nose. A boy sat close to him on the fountain and he fought with himself to resist the urge to scoot away quickly.

The boy had a worried look on his face, Kennedy wanted to console him, but he probably only mess things up. The dark haired boy whispered something about a girl... Did something happen? Kennedy bit his tongue sharply, he shouldn't be eavesdropping, that's not what nice people did...

"...Y-you okay?" Kennedy managed as a tremor rolled through his body. Wow. He actually said something... to a stranger!
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 12/24/2012, 11:23 pm

Vlad jumped. In fact, he jumped so suddenly, he was thrown off balance and practically threw himself into the fountain. Victoire can't swim! he thought as he stood up and climbed out of the fountain. He looked at the guy who had scared him. "I... I, uh, yes... Uh... Who are you?" asked Vlad, feeling rather awkward.

VLAD! YOU IDIOT! VICTOIRE CAN'T SWIM! He thought again.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 12/25/2012, 9:58 am

Kennedy backed away quickly as the boy fell into the water... "You're wet." Kennedy frowned recoiling as a few drops soaked into his shirt. Why did he fall in? Did he really scare him that much? Maybe I should just leave. Kennedy wondered, he had only said a few words yet the boy had gotten hurt.

"Sorry." Kennedy said quietly wringing the hem of his shirt with awkward fingers. "I'm Kennedy..." The demigod answered as the dark haired boy asked him his name. His fleeting eyes dropped to his feet and stayed, studying the shoelaces in his converse shoes.

Last edited by Inspector Javert on 12/30/2012, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 12/30/2012, 4:18 pm

"So I am..." Vlad said, backing away from the boy to shake himself dry like a dog. He ran a hand through his wet hair and sneezed. He frowned as it was a quite violent and loud sneeze. "Sorry about that, man... Uh..."

She wrung his shirt out a little.
    Thalia's Long Lost Sister

Female
    Number of posts : 164
    Registration date : 2012-12-07

Post by Thalia's Long Lost Sister 12/30/2012, 8:39 pm

I walk out of my cabin, acoustic guitar slung around my shoulder. I see a two demigods (Vlad and Kennedy) by the fountain, one soaking wet and the other staring at the ground. I should go help the poor guy. I thought. My insides twisted in a knot as I walked over to the two. My legs started shaking, so I sat on the ledge of the fountain and tuned my guitar. "Um, hello." I stuttered, my nerves going haywire. Keep the smile on, man! I put on a grin, hoping nothing was in my teeth.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 1/2/2013, 6:25 pm

Kennedy jumped when the boy sneezed. If only his brothers could see him now. He thought sarcastically, scared from a sneeze... "Um..." Kennedy mumbled incoherently as he kicked the ground with the toe of his shoe. His hands found their way to his pockets where they stayed picking at lint from the seams..

Another boy approached them, and Kennedy almost left. He had a guitar, which could be smashed over his head. And that wouldn't be good. It took him enough courage to sit by the fountain, he could have slipped and shattered his skull and died. Or slipped hit his head, and drowned in the water... having another possible way to die made Kennedy just want to go back to his bunk and sleep.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 1/2/2013, 6:31 pm

Vlad looked around. "Hi," he said to the new guy. He looked between the pair and frowned. He gasped and let out a strong of bright and colourful cockney and regular cuss words then. He ended his string of words with, "Victoire might meet a guy! Oh no! I won't allow it! No! My little sister is not allowed a boyfriend!"

He was ranting to no one in particular but it was still a rant. He started to pace, wringing his hands. He ran another hand through his drying hair and and kicked a stone away. "She isn't allowed a boyfriend. They will break her heart and leave her out in the cold. Just like Ally did to me... She can't get hurt! What if she is? What if she's bleeding?!"

Female

Post by Thalia's Long Lost Sister 1/2/2013, 6:55 pm

"Whoa whoa whoa!! Calm down!!" I say, trying to put as much comfort as I can into my voice. I stand up really quickly and hold Vlad on the shoulders. "Calm. Down. What is going on?" I ask him, calmly, like I'm in control.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 1/4/2013, 3:10 pm

Kennedy's eyes widened sharply. Those were a lot of things he didn't like; cursing, yelling, and people... But he shared empathy with the girl in the boy's story. What if she did meet someone? How dreadful! People were just as terrifying as monsters, or a falling bookshelf. And what if she was hurt? And bleeding? Kennedy didn't like seeing people in pain, and he especially didn't like blood...
    Dom hissed in the son of Ares' ear, and he felt pressure building underneath his skin. He needed to take control, or Dom would make him bleed again, and he didn't like blood! Or Dom! Kennedy hugged his arms and slowly sat on the edge of the fountain again. He watched to two boys curiously. Being away from people had its disadvantages, Kennedy was completely clueless when it came to social norms, and moral obligations. He sighed quietly to himself and watched.

Last edited by Jordan on 1/5/2013, 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 1/4/2013, 3:14 pm

Vlad took a few breathes. "My sister... My twin sister is on a quest... Of course, she's out of IM range so... I can't contact her. She's not used to the streets. She isn't as street savvy as I am... She's a rich girl! She expects everything to be done for her, dammit!"

He hit his hand on the fountain and yelped as he withdrew, his hand making a snapping noise. He slumped against the fountain, hugging his hand to his chest.

Female

Post by Thalia's Long Lost Sister 1/5/2013, 1:24 am

I winced as I heard the snap from his hand. "Okay, okay. Please calm down, before you hurt yourself even more!" I said, my Italian accent peeking through. "May I see your hand? I might be able to fix it a little before we take you to the Infirmary." I slip my sunglasses off of my face and into my pocket.

OOC: What do you want to be wrong with Vlad's hand?
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 1/5/2013, 7:33 am

OOC: Le sprain. EVAN POST NOW.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 1/5/2013, 2:23 pm

Kennedy felt warmth being forces away from his fingers and hands, the air was colder now than what he was used to. He cupped his hands and blew a warm puff of hair through which helped for a mere second. Kennedy sighed and looked up quickly hearing a smack. The boy was hitting the stone? He probably was trying to hit him! Kennedy stood and backed away slowly. "Y-you shouldn't hit things like that." Kennedy said weakly... was it a warning? Or a threat? His quivering voice removed any sign of both, it sounded like he was talking to his worst fear. Well... he kind of was.

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 1/5/2013, 2:42 pm

Vlad didn't look up as he crouched. He didn't want to appear weak. Tears had sprung to his eyes and he just kept his hand close to his chest. "It's nothing..." he answered Zane. he nodded at Kennedy's words. "It was rather stupid of me, Kennedy..."
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2766
    Registration date : 2012-07-08

Post by Snuffleasaurus 1/5/2013, 3:47 pm

Rumor wandered into the courtyard. She was completely lost, but somehow, that didnt bother her. She saw a small gathering of people. "...stupid of me, Kennedy," she heard. So one was called Kennedy. They were cute...hmm. Nah, she figured she'd stay away. But, the thought of speaking to people was enticing. Rumor ran her fingers through her hair. Casually walk over, say hi. But that would be strange. Then again, her new self was strange. Her mind toyed with the thought of going over. Her violet eyes shifted over to one, huddled by the fountain, holding his hand. She couldnt see his face, seeing as he was hiding it. She frowned, wondering what was wrong. She approached nearly silently, each foot placed carefully; she always walked that way. "Um, you okay?'' Rumor asked when she was close enough to be heard.

Female

Post by Thalia's Long Lost Sister 1/5/2013, 3:58 pm

"Well, lemme look at it." I take Vlad's hand carefully and examine it. Thank Olympus; his wrist is sprained! I let out a sigh of relief, and looked up at the poor guy's face. Tears were in his eyes, but he was trying to hold it back. Don't take him to the infirmary, I thought. He's trying to be tough. "All is well, it's just a sprain. If you let me heal it and wrap it, you won't have to go to the infirmary." I said, calmly with a slightly happy tone. After asking him, I heard a voice behind me. I spun my head toward the voice and saw a girl. I was about to answer her question when a thought said, Let this guy answer for himself. Don't be the one that embarrasses him. I held my tounge, waiting for Vlad's reply.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 1/6/2013, 12:44 pm

GODS. More people!? Kennedy's breathing began to pick up. It was bad enough that he was outside, that took a lot from him. He had built up the courage to talk to someone, and that someone happened to be a people magnet. Kennedy shuddered and twitched awkwardly, probably his body trying to reject Dom. Kennedy shuffled a tad closer, he needed to be brave. Like what his dad wanted... he was the laughing stock of his cabin... he needed to try. "Hello." He mumbled quietly to the new people, he was trying. That was a start.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 1/6/2013, 12:59 pm

Vlad was being surrounded with people. He got to his feet and backed away. Vlad prefered a small amount of people. He had been fine with just Kennedy around. Now people were fussing over him and he didn't like it. "Please... J-just leave me alone? I'm fine. Really!"

He clutched his hand to his chest and his eyes traveled to Kennedy who seemed to feel just as awkward as he did.
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 1/6/2013, 1:05 pm

Rumor frowned. So she wasnt wanted here. It seemed like no one wanted Rumor around anymore. Rumor backed up a step. ''But, your hand. What happened?" She said. Her eyes shifted from the boy clutching his hand , then to the boy that had said a quiet hello, then back to the boy clutching his hand

Female

Post by Thalia's Long Lost Sister 1/6/2013, 1:57 pm

I stood up, feeling bad that Vlad didn't want any help. He needs help. That wrist shouldn't be held like that, it needs to be set and wrapped and... My thoughts were racing, obsessing over the minor injury. Then, I realized both guys were inching away, not liking the attention. At least try to channel your power down his arm... I slowly walked up to Vlad, and put my hand on his shoulder. I channeled a little bit of healing down his arm and to his wrist. "Okay. I'm sorry I bothered you." I said to him, with a sad smile. I took my hand off of his shoulder, then felt that using this power drained me. A lot. I carefully walked back to the fountain, grabbed my guitar, and sat down on a bench. I then strummed a few chords and tuned my guitar a little more.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 1/6/2013, 2:30 pm

Kennedy frowned. He was ignored... as usual. He twitched again, his head and shoulder jerked awkwardly as he stood. Well, time to leave. He slouched and turned to move farther away from the group. He rested on the far end of the fountain and removed the sniper rifle cartridge from his pocket. He pressed against the top and watched as a large ax appeared in his hand. He adjusted the weapon on his lap and began to polish the bronze blade.
    This was what he was good at. Cleaning weapons. He didn't mind, but wished he could do something more.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 1/6/2013, 2:32 pm

Vlad was staring at his hand in wonder. He then looked to Kennedy who was swirling a weapon around. "Hey, uh, Kennedy?" Vlad called over. "Uh... Be careful. You could hurt yourself."
    Snuffleasaurus
    Snuffleasaurus
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Snuffleasaurus 1/6/2013, 2:37 pm

Rumor's violet eyes shifted from each person. She shook her head slightly. Again, ignored. Rumor turned and strode off. Forget them

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 8:12 am