A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+3
Victroce Malitie
Weasel
Morgan Landry
7 posters

Sloane's bed

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Sloane's bed - Page 4 Empty Re: Sloane's bed

Post by GwrachSeren 7/7/2013, 7:09 pm

OOC I'm getting to it! I'm an old lady, I'll have you know.

Chione smiled at her daughters. "Lakisha. You've grown to be a fine young lady. As I expected. My business here today is primarily to visit my children- even though it is ghastly and hot this far south. It seems I have come at a good time to welcome Darcy to Camp. I hope you're treating her well, Lakisha. I wouldn't expect any less from you."

The goddess looked around the cabin and frowned. She waved her hand in the air gracefully and the temperature lowered before snow began to appear from the ceiling. It didn't stick and melted upon impact but it wasn't wet either. It was the goddess' snow and it would not dare anger its mistress. Chione settled herself on a nearby chair, ice forming around it and sculpting itself to look like an icy throne. She looked satisfied.

"So... How is this stupidly warm camp?" she asked.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female
    Number of posts : 2055
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Post by Alyssa 7/7/2013, 10:37 pm

"Stupidly warm.." I admitted. I was happy that Khione actually cared for me, she even came, just to help me settle in to my new home. I smiled as made the climate much colder until ice formed, on the roof. She walked over and made a ice throne. wow. I smiled as I examined the detail of the chair. "I really have no idea, what to sat right now.." i said still in shcok.
    I actually really didn't Khione, had came out of no where. I still hadn't got to why she was here, "To welcome Darcy to her new home" is what Khione had said, but i had a feeling it was more than that. ]
    But it was a feeling.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 7/8/2013, 4:53 am

Lakisha's pale cheek adopted a rosy color as Khione complemented her. A fine young lady.... Thank you, mother, she thought.

The goddess sat down on a stool near Cassiopeia's bunk and immediately, ice covered it, carving itself automatically, making in a few moments one of the most impressive and detailed ice sculptures Lakisha had seen. And she had seen plenty of them. Khione was sitting gracefully on it, smiling at them graciously, then made it snow inside the cabin with a movement of her hand.
    The eighteen-years-old caught several snowflakes on her fingers and observed them as they melted on her skin after a few seconds. The sheer touch of it made her feel blissful.

Looking back at her mother, she said:

"Oh, Camp is better than could be expected," she acknowledged. "Some would think we aren't doing so well, with all those preparations for the war.... But we're advancing steadily."

Lakisha observed Khione, wondering. Ever since she had heard of Jason, Piper and Leo's Quest, she had been obsessed with choosing sides: should she fight for the Olympians -- for Camp? Or should she fight on Gaea's side, on the side of the giants, and on the side of her mother?
    The truth was that, for once, she didn't know what to do. It was rare -- normally, she had a nearly perfect handle of a situation. But now... nothing. She couldn't tell what was right, what was wrong, what was better or worse. Perhaps this visit from Khione would bring an end to her inner debate.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/12/2013, 4:26 am

Chione's face soured. "Yes. The war," the goddess said through gritted teeth. She rolled her eyes. "You have another problem to deal with. Soon enough, demititans will return from a quest. This might anger their cabin-mates. You need to be on your guard. Choose sides carefully, my daughters. Prove yourselves. Your loyalty will either be your downfall or your uprising."

She smiled. "Choose the wrong side, you won't be my daughters anymore than a fish likes being on the dry."

She let the following silence emphasize her words.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/12/2013, 8:53 am

Khione's words hit Lakisha like a backhanded blow. 'Prove yourselves'. 'Choose sides carefully'. 'You won't be my daughters anymore'.

Gazing down, the young woman reflected on that for several moments. The choice seemed rather easy, in fact: she just had to join her mother. The Olympians were of course powerful, but what could they possibly do against an entity as powerful, as old, as enormous as Gaea? They had triumphed once against the giants, and it hadn't been an easy victory -- in fact, it had been pure luck, and they knew it.
    Furthermore, back then, the gods were united, and Heracles had helped them. Now, Olympus was closed, and the gods had to suffer a kind of schizophrenia; in addition, Hera had made a plan that had almost lost them.
    The Olympians were everything but united. Gaea would swallow them whole.

But if Gaea's side was the right side -- why did Khione have to threaten them in order to join? She clearly had said: 'join me or you aren't my daughters anymore'.... It was a threat.
    Positioning herself into Khione's point of view, Lakisha saw what she was probably seeing: on the one hand, a group of tyrannic, self-absorbed rulers who had been on the throne for too long. On the other, a huge and immensely powerful deity who promised to destroy those rulers.
    If she had daughters, how would Lakisha react if they turned against her, if they served her enemies? Would she still see them as her children?
    Of course she would. She wouldn't be talking to them, though. Or she would do everything in her power to convince them of joining her -- what Khione didn't do, Lakisha observed.

"Mother, if I should join you," she carefully stated, "how would I be treated? How would demigods in general be treated? I have heard that, even though they are plenty of monsters in the giants's armies, there are no demigods to be seen..."
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/17/2013, 12:32 pm

Chione laughed and clapped her hand in amusement. "I'm not talking about that war, child. I'm talking about the trouble brewing here at camp. But... Let's say for curiosity's sake I had meant that... You'd be treated like a warrior. Viewed with respect and treated as you should be. Considering joining me, Lakisha?"
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 7/18/2013, 2:24 pm

"What is this war everyone is talking about?" I mumbled. I watched Khione and my sister talking, it sounded like Khione was trying to get Lakisha, to work for her. I turned away and sat on my bed, and sighed. "Every thinks that this will be the end after this war but its not going to be!" "What happens if we actually defeat the enemy? Huh?" I protested/ I had over heard many chats about this war, and nothing seemed positive. Everyone just assumed that this war was going to ruin the earth, but what if it didn't. Then what would happen? I thought. There was to many questions, and not enough answers.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/18/2013, 9:23 pm

Chione put her fingers to her temples. "Once again; Not the war with the giants. Its an upcoming battle. You'll need to be prepared. And the war, Darcy, is something between you heroes and Gaea. I happen to be on Gaea's side."
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 7/21/2013, 7:46 pm

OOC: Khione is one Gaea's side???
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/22/2013, 11:55 am

OOC: *facepalm* Yes. She is. And she's not talking about that. She's fortelling something.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 7/22/2013, 2:10 pm

"Khione, I don't mean to be rude, but I must go." I stood up and opened my chest, and brought out my Aeropostale tee, and jeans. I took it and went to the bathroom to change. I got changed and walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed my bag. "Adios!" I said I took my Westren boots, and pulled them on. "Bye!" I yelled and walked out the door to meet Jace.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/22/2013, 7:52 pm

Chione sighed. She looked at her other daughter. "You will serve well. Just pick carefully which side you are on."

And just like that, she vanished, her throne melting down instantly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2013, 7:50 am

OOC: Traitors, you didn't even wait for me to come back to finish this RP! [Working on the BIC]
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/28/2013, 12:32 pm

OOC: Sorry, Morgan. The visit was for her character though. Your godly visit has yet to come. *evil laugh*
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/28/2013, 2:08 pm

OOC: I'm hesitating between being impatient or scared ^^ knowing you XD
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 7/28/2013, 2:18 pm

OOC: Hey, I might not even be your admin when yours comes along.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/31/2013, 10:20 am

OOC: Blah. Dun worry.

BIC: The eighteen-year-old had opened her mouth in an attempt of saying somehting, but didn't manage it, since Darcy and Chione were speaking in turn and she didn't dare to cut them off.
    She understood Chione was foretelling something, like most gods when they visited mortal creatures; and they put to it a mystery most found annoying. Even though Lakisha woul've liked to know what Chione was talking about, it didn't disturb her to think about it and to make her own deductions.

Suddenly, Darcy grabbed her stuff and after having said 'bye', she went out.
    Lakisha was dumbstruck.
    Darcy had had the incredible luck to meet her god parent, and she left her to meet a random boy. She'd learn her luck later, Lakisha was sure. When she'll see that most god parents didn't visit their children even at least once in their whole lives. She'd know what incredible opportunity she had had and how poorly she had finished the entrevue.

Chione had looked at her, and Lakisha had made a hasty, yet elegant bow.

"I'll think about it, mother," she respectfully replied, and watched her fade away into the snow, her ice throne melting away.
    The temperature rose drastically again, and even though it was still colder than in the other cabins, it felt warm to Lakisha.
    Passing a hand through her auburn hair, she went back to her bunk and sat down on it, watching her weapon for a long time without seeing it.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 10/25/2013, 1:36 pm

Darcy walked inside her cabin. Her combat made annoying noises on the old wood floor, like the always dude she had come back from her date with Jace. She was struggling to find a date to the Halloween dance. Jace hadn't asked her, and she didn't know if we would rage or not if she was asked by some one else. She had decided to stop my Lakisha's bed for advice. She saw her sitting on her bunk lost in thoughts. She walked towards her bunk which was 2 beds away from Laksisha's.
    Darcy took her dagger out of its sheathe and polished it with her cloth. She sighed wondering if she should tell Lakisha her problem. She looked around to make sure no one was there. good she thought. The cabin was empty. She took a deep breath. "Lakisha." She said in a quiet voice, unlike her. She was usually loud and talked to everyone but this was different. Lakisha wasn't scary, Darcy just felt like she always had to impress her. "I have a problem."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/25/2013, 1:50 pm

Lakisha was sitting on her bunk, wearing a pair of plain white jean shorts that showed her pale, shapely legs, and a black classy shirt to which she had added a silver pin depicting an eagle, just were the first button was. Her hair was flowing down her back, and she had silver eye-liner around her mismatched eyes.

She was lost in her thoughts, thinking about what Chione had told her. Lakisha's plan had always been to join the Hunters of Artemis at a certain point of her life, but what if she did, and her mother decided to turn her back on her? Chione had told her clearly what she expected from her; so she couldn't play the card of 'I did not know'. Which she rarely used as defense, but as an attack, accusing the other one and putting her adversary in the delicate position. No, against Chione, that wasn't an option anymore.
    What if she joined the Hunt and Chione disowned her? Worse, take her powers away from her? Lakisha couldn't bear it.

"Lakisha."

The young woman looked up to see the petite silhouette of Darcy, her half-sister. The brunette was biting her lip carefully, as if she was wondering how to word something, before finally saying she had a problem.

Welcome to the club, Lakisha thought.

Lakisha didn't know Darcy enough to judge her; she was a tomboy, and she appreciated that, but that didn't mean she would see Darcy as an ally. Besides, little miss Kennedy was quite new to Camp, so Lakisha probably had to wait a little before finding out more about her half-sister. Surprisingly, she had found herself a boyfriend rather quickly, from the Apollo cabin. The sun and the snow... not the best combination in Lakisha's mind, who hated the sun for its warmth.

She sighed in her head. Her status of cabin leader asked her to take care of her cabin mates, so she crossed her legs and simply said "I'm listening." in a neutral voice.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 10/25/2013, 2:14 pm

Darcy smiled when Laksisha acknowledged her problem. She didn't feel weird spilling out the whole story of her and Jace. "Well.." Se said. "I just got back from my "date"" she did the thing with her fingers. "With Jace. But all we did was make a sand castle, and it was just boring." "He just didn't make it fun, and he didn't do anything..." I sighed feeling embarrassed. "Romantic." I sighed. "He hasn't asked me to the Halloween dance and it's getting close. And I have no one to go with," "I don't know if he would get mad if someone else asked me..." I sighed. "I just don't know." I sighed.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/25/2013, 3:46 pm

Lakisha listened politely to what her sister was telling her, innerly frowning. She was, what? Sixteen? And all she and her boyfriend found to do on their date was to build sandcastles?

Like, honestly?

Lakisha never built a single sand castle - on the other hand, she practically never went to a beach, even when she was young. Going to the beach meant sun bathing, and sun wasn't a key word in Lakisha's like list.
    But she decided to let it pass.

"If I understand you well... you are kind of looking for a date to go with to the Halloween dance," Lakisha stated. "Does it disturb you to go alone?"
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 10/25/2013, 4:01 pm

I sighed as she asked if it bothered me. To be honest it did I didn't want a repeat of middle school. I didn't have anyone to go with and everyone made fun of her. She did not want a repeat of that. "umm.." "ya.. kind of." I sighed. "There's nothing really you can do for me.." I smiled hoping she could.

My Yankees sweater covered part of ripped jeans. I fiddled with the bottom. I crossed my legs and moved back into my bed.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/25/2013, 4:24 pm

The young woman watched her half-sister carefully; like most teenagers, she liked to have a date, to be admired and respected by other girls as she walked around on the warm of a handsome boy.
    Pretty cliché, in Lakisha's opinion. She herself hadn't a 'date' for Halloween, she was going with Solitude Wolstenholme - everybody who knew them thought they were together, but secretly.

"Not really, apart from giving you my advice," Lakisha replied. "If you want to stay with Jace, I'd suggest you don't go with another boy, that can only mess things up between the two of you."

The door opened and a boy came in.

He was wearing a pair of white classy trousers and a black shirt -- oddly, a bit like Lakisha. His shirt was a little opened on the front, exposing a rectangular obsidian pendant cast in silver and hung around his neck by a silvery chain. He had caramel-brown hair, slightly messy, and an air of class and determination around him. He took his Ray-Ban sunglasses off, revealing blue-green eyes.

"Hello Lakisha," he smiled, showing white regular teeth. "And you are...?" he asked Darcy.

The girl was very good-looking, with nice brown streaks and delicate features; she had a petite body which perfectly suited her dainty face.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 10/25/2013, 4:51 pm

"Well actually I don't want to be with him." I said as someone walked in the door. It was a boy about 17 years old. He wore a white shirt with the top buttons undone. I could see how some people would freak out at the sight of him. But really I usually could talk to boys without freaking out. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was super cute, and I wanted to know more. He asked for my name. "Im Darcy." I said. "Daughter of Chione." I smiled.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/25/2013, 5:03 pm

OOC: He's wearing a black shirt.

BIC: Ian gave Darcy a charming nod and a smile before turning to Lakisha.

"Chiron wants to talk to you, Snowqueen," he said. "He's currently at the Archery Range."

"Did he say anything?"

"I think it's about the dance. You organized a fair deal of prom last time, so perhaps, this time...."

Lakisha nodded.

"I'm sorry to leave, Darcy, but we can continue this later, okay?"

She gave her a smile and elegantly stalked out of the cabin; Ian watched her exit the building.

"Do you like her?" he asked Darcy. "Many people find her arrogant."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 11:45 am