A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Next to the Hades cabin (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Next to the Hades cabin (private) Empty Next to the Hades cabin (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 7/11/2013, 10:39 am

Nico was running. He ran as fast as his lanky legs could, each footstep making clouds of sand rise in the air and dive into his shoes, filling them and making his steps even more uneasy. On his side, his black sword banged against his thigh in a regular rhythm.
    Right and left of him, there was nothing but sand, endless sand pushed by the wind into smooth dunes and little valleys... he was in a desert. Even though he had no clue where this desert was and how it was called, he knew precisely where he had to go -- and he knew it was a matter of life and death.

Faster, faster, faster, he thought as he kept sprinting.

Unfortunately, the sand offered him an unsteady ground and he couldn't run at the top of his speed: every now and again, one of his feet would glide away and he would lose a little balance. He didn't fall, but it handicapped his race.

He felt he was close to his goal and struggled to run faster, his legs already shivering with the effort. Sweat was dampening his forehead and cheeks, making his particularly white skin shine lightly as he sprinted up a dune and stopped, gazing down.

Under him lay an enormous  set of hills made of metallic devices, some bigger, some smaller; all of them shone under the moon rays with soft yet clear highlights, casting eerie shadows on the ground and across the dunes, like skeletal hands ready to close on whatever they could. But that didn't interest the young boy. What drew his attention was one of those devices, taller and wider than the others; it was properly gigantic.
    It took Nico some time to understand what he was seeing, but when the object turned around, moonlight caught it and he could make out what it was.
    What he saw was a giant statue -- no, not a statue. An automaton. A giant automaton made of bronze, whose face was quite smashed up, he noted.

Another thing caught his eye: there was movement near it, and, when he squinted, he could see a group of persons at its feet, but they weren't the regular persons you would meet at a supermarket.
    One of them had a bow, the other a lance. There was one who looked like it didn't have human legs... All of them seeming to be fighting the automaton.... which was a lost battle, Nico could see.
    Suddenly, a girl appeared, running from behind a pile of metallic objects. Even from where he stood, Nico could see her black braid flying as she disappeared into the automaton's foot and his heart stopped beating for a second.

BIANCA! he yelled, but no word came out.

Nico resumed running, sailing down the dune as fast as he could, but when he reached the bottom of it, the ground seemed to move, dragging him back, away from the location where the battle was taking place.

NO! he cried out, sprinting back, but suddenly, his foot glided away and he stumbled down. The moment he hit the ground, the sand drew him further away. Bianca! he shouted, again and again.
    He drew his sword and started stabbing and slashing at the sand with the black blade, which of course had no effect. Let me go!
    The sand started to rain down on him, covering his legs, his feet... He shook it off, trying to stand up, but more came, until it covered his waist, and started falling on his torso, pinning him to the ground.
    In seconds, he was covered by a thick sheet of sand grains , yelling until it fell into his mouth and choked him.
    Bianca....

The ceiling hung above him, blurry at first, then it clarified. Nico's brown eyes blinked several times before getting used to it. His heart was pounding fast.

Again, this dream...
    He hadn't had it for more than a year -- why did it come back now? Why? He had gotten over Bianca's death... even though the pain was achingly vivid in the dream. He put a hand on his chest, hoping to suppress the now-dull grief.

Gritting his teeth, he threw his duvet back and realized he was gripping his sword's black guard; he was gripping it so hard his knuckles were pure white.
    ... Slowly, he released his grip and his stiff fingers hurt as he did so, before getting a bit numb. The young boy closed his eyes and laid back in his bed, his heart racing in his chest.

~~~~~

The mornings were often fresh at Camp, and today was no exception.
    Nico hadn't tried to go back to sleep after having woken up from his nightmare, no. He had sat up on his bed and watched the wall for endless minutes, reflecting, before finally going through his morning hygiene routine, then putting on a pair of black jeans and pulling a black T-Shirt over his torso. As he went out, he took his brown bomber jacket and slid it around his narrow, pointed shoulders.

Once out, he stood in the doorway of the darksome Hades cabin, the mantis-colored fire of the braziers either side of the door casting greenish highlights on his skin, jacket and hair.
    Finally, a hand on his sword's pommel, he went down the stairs with agility and turned behind to the side of the cabin so he was facing the Iris cabin. Sitting down in the dew-beaded grass, he looked at his blade.
    Bianca is gone, Nico, he thought. You are never going to see her again, not even in the Underworld. You shan't forget her, ever.  However, you have another sister now. Hazel.
    The thought of Hazel immediately calmed his racing thoughts. The daughter of Pluto was one of his life's treasures and he was fond of her nearly as much as he had been fond of Bianca, he knew, as he passed a hand through his black hair.

OOC: Why 'Numb'? I just felt the music was suiting even though the lyrics aren't. ^^
    ML
    ML
    Role Playing Addict

Male
    Number of posts : 26561
    Registration date : 2009-12-19

Next to the Hades cabin (private) Empty Re: Next to the Hades cabin (private)

Post by ML 7/11/2013, 2:45 pm

Next to the Hades cabin (private) Tumblr_inline_ml06um0gCt1qz4rgp
    Jason Avery Whalen
    Son of Hestia
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jason walks out of the Hestia cabin, and looks around the courtyard. Like always it seems to be full of a bunch of random, and idiotic campers. Sighing, he slowly sits down on the steps of his cabin, in a part covered by the shade. He has decided to just watch the people. Perhaps he will find his next victim. Or even a person worthy of a duel. However Jason strongly doubts that will happen. In the three years that Jason was gone, the campers have only gotten wimpier and weaker. He wasn't even aware that was possible.

Reaching into his pocket, Jason pulls out a old cloth. He then takes his sword and sets it on his lap. Taking the cloth, he gently begins to clean the girl's blood off of his sword. As he does this he lets out another loud sigh. Her blood is not even worthy to be on his sword. Out of all the fights he has even been in, that had to be the worst. It honestly makes him sad to see how bad people's fighting ability has gotten.

Finishing his task, Jason tosses the bloody rag into the trash bin a few feet away from him. He then gently sets his sword next to him. Reaching into his pocket he pulls out his ipod. Untangling his headphones he sticks one of them into his ear. He then unlocks the music playing device and scrolls through his song choices. Stopping on Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams he sets the ipod down. Jason then leans back and closes his eyes listening to the music.

After a while of sitting there, Jason slowly takes out a pair of sunglasses and puts them on his face. He then leans back once more, resting. This is not doing anything to cure his boredness. Perhaps he can go somewhere else, and try finding a target? Though he does feel rather lazy, and getting up and moving somewhere, seems rather out of the question.

Sitting up once more, Jason notices a rather fat squirrel watching him. Smirking, he takes out one of his celstial bronze daggers. He pulls his arm back, and makes a throwing motion, releasing the dagger. He watches as the dagger sails through the air, and reaches the target. Smirking, Jason slowly stands up and heads over to the squirrel, he pulls the dagger out of it's body. Cleaning off the dagger, he sticks it back in his pocket. He then looks around and notices the boy sitting in the shade of the Hades cabin.

((WIP, I HAVE TO GO SO I WILL FINISH THIS LATER WHEN I GET BACK))
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Post by Perca 7/29/2013, 10:20 am

It had been a few days since my brothers and I had putted off the fire in our cabin,which was the most fascinating event of the week.After that,our lifes had returned to normal,too normal to be good for our healths.Today we had a history lesson with the Hades cabin,but the few kids who lived in there hadn't appeared.After waiting for about half an hour,our cabin leader had sent me to get them.As I neared the cabin,I made my slightly wet hair from the morning shower a messy ponytail,though some strands still fell in my face.I climbed the few stairs and knocked at their door,tugging nervously at the sleeves of my shirt as I waited.It was the first time I was coming here.The cabin looked fascinating,somehow mysterious,magical,dark but beautiful.I knocked again and looked around nervously,making my way down the stairs and biting my bottom lip.Should I leave now or wait a few more minutes?

OOC:Short,I know
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/3/2013, 5:18 am

OOC: Can you please remind me which character you are using? XDDDD I forgot, shame on me.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 8/3/2013, 5:46 am

OOC:Helen
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/3/2013, 12:21 pm

OOC: Okay, I'm working on the reply ;D
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 8/3/2013, 12:30 pm

OOC:Okay,can't wait :D
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/7/2013, 10:38 am

OOC: Sorry for the delay getting back at you!! Aaaaand sorry for the short post.

BIC:
    Nico was so deep in thought that he noticed neither the boy with sand-blonde hair, nor the girl with the brown streaks. All he watched was the ground, and his stygian iron sword.
    Even though he had a cabin now, he still didn't feel at home at Camp -- that was probably why he kept going from here to Camp Jupiter to the Underworld. Ever since Bianca had died, there was no place he could call 'home' because every home he had been in, he had been there with his sister.
    Stop thinking about it.
    Yes, he thought, but it still felt like he couldn't swallow anymore.
    He stood up, stretching his long legs, and yawned; with his right hand, he scratched his head, messing his soot-black hair up. At the roots of his hair, he could felt the way they greased. He definitely needed to wash them, but he just didn't care. Cutting them would be nice too, however he did it only when he had time -- practically never. Sometimes, when he was camping somewhere out of Camps, he would take his sword out and cut the streaks; the result was very shabby, but again, he didn't care. Besides, he wouldn't even think about cutting them if they didn't disturb him while he was fighting.
    As he stood up, he looked at the awakening of Camp Half Blood: more and more demigods were coming out of their cabins, some yawning, some chatting, some still in their pajamas, carrying a towel under the arm, obviously about to get a shower. When Nico looked at the way the showers were used here at Camp, he was glad to have thought about building his own bathroom when constructing the cabin with the help of his skelettons. You could stand there for half an hour before getting in.
    Yawning again, he made for his cabin; he wanted to go inside one more time before going to the Mess Hall for breakfast.
    To his surprise, there was a girl with messy brown hair standing in front of the Hades door. Inclining his head, he took several steps further. The girl was obviously older than him, and she had dark, chocolate-colored hair that creased themselves down to her pointed shoulders. From where he was, he couldn't tell her eye color, but she had pale skin - not as pale as his, of course, but still paler than the regular person.

"Are you searching for something?" he politely asked, even though socializing wasn't his number one hobby.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 8/7/2013, 11:05 am

I turned to the sound of the voice and found myself facing the leader of the Hades cabin,Nico di Angelo.I smiled and waved."Hey.You must be Nico,right?I'm Helen,from Hecate cabin.Our leader sent me to get you and your cabin.We have a History lesson today and..um...you were kinda late and...um...I guess that's all"I said,stammering a little in the end,my shyness taking over.I turned my eyes on the ground and chewed on my bottom lip,the guy was younger but there was something about him that made me want to hide.What was the word?Hm...Oh right,intimidiating
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/8/2013, 5:08 am

The young boy frowned, his black, furry eyebrows narrowing while the skin of his forehead creased a little.

"History lesson? Since when do we have History lessons at Camp?" he wondered.

And of course he was late; Nico wasn't like the average Camper, always there, always present -- if he were, he would never have found Camp Jupiter... Nor his sister Hazel.
    Again, the recollection of her drew nice memories back, like a warm summer afternoon filled with the scent of grass and plants. He longed to see her again, but he knew it would still be some time until he went back to Camp Jupiter. Besides, he still had things to do at Camp Half-Blood, namely checking on the trainings (something personal), and talking to Chiron.
    Aftr that, he would go to the Underworld, to help his father with keeping all the dead on the good side of Styx even though many were escaping by the Gates of Death, which were, he knew, under Gaea's control.
    And the Gates of Death were in Tartarus.
    Next time he went there, he had decided to go and close them by himself, did his father or Thanatos help him or not. It was vital. Not just for him, but for everybody, every demigod, every human.
    Because if Gaea won, the human would be killed quickly in the best of cases. Or, most probably, they would be the monsters's and the giants's dinner.
    Of course, Nico was frightened -- who wouldn't? But he knew it was essential. If it wasn't him, the son of Hades himself, who would it be?
    He couldn't ask that out of Hazel. He knew she was an excellent fighter, but he just couldn't think about having her killed again, even though he could bring her back. Hades had turned a blind eye on his daughter's return to the surface once, but would he escape Death's rules a second time?
    Nico doubted that.

But now here he was, about to attend a history lesson at Camp Half-Blood.
    He wanted to yell that History wouldn't help them in this war. They had to train, to fight, to organize. In that, the Romans of Camp Jupiter had a real advance: every two days, they had war games. They trained constantly, fought with matters as dangerous as acid, but at least, they were truly prepared for this war.
    Nico remembered the last war, the second Titanomachia.
    The Campers of Half-Blood Hill couldn't even unite. They were continuing to fight each other, because of a stupid chariot the Apollo had gotten control of at a raid organized by the Ares cabin. And just because of that, Clarisse had refused to fight.
    It was a miracle they had won, Nico was sure of that.
    On the other hand, he had helped as well -- if he hadn't appeared at that precise moment with the army of the dead and his father accompanied by Persephone and Demeter, he doubted the Olympians would still sit on their divine thrones in the Hall of Gods.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 8/8/2013, 5:33 am

The kid stayied silent,seemingly lost in thoughts.I felt like I shouldn't interupt him but my cabin would be looking for me."Um...Excuse me but...Will you come?I-It's not obligatory"I added quickly,pushing my hand in the pockets of my overly washed dark blue jeans to stop them shaking.Come on now,Helen,he's just a boy.Don't be such a baby.You are older than him,I can't believe you act like a two year old!,my inner voice snaped.Oh,shut it
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/30/2013, 1:59 pm

Oddly, the girl seemed distressed, and Nico knew it was because of him. He may be barely thirteen, a kind of aura of death had spread around him ever since he had learned to manipulate his powers, and it often made people recoil, even adults. His black, gothic-ish clothes only enhanced that feeling.
    He smiled at the girl even though he didn‘t want to smile.
    „My dear, I don‘t think History is going to be that much of use in the upcoming war,“ he ironically stated. „You‘d all do better to train, for I can assure you that the Second Titanomachia will seem like a picknick in comparison with this Gigantomachia.“

He patted his jeans, scraping the grass off the black cloth, and dusted his leather jacket.

„Besides, I‘m not a full-time resident here, therefore I‘m in no need to follow all the lessons dear Mr. D invents. Combat is good, and if I were you, I‘d skive History for it.“

Having spoken, the son of Hades went back into his cabin, his sword hitting his bony thigh rhythmically as he walked into the obsidian-constructed building. His bed was still a mess, and he sat on the dark blankets, desirous to find sleep again - yet knowing he couldn‘t. What did these fools think? He asked himself. We‘re on the threshold of a war, and they give History lessons?
    Perhaps History is good for some things, he told himself as he tried to calm the now-familiar feeling of rising anger. Perhaps they were teaching the war that had started the hate between Romans and Greek - the stealing of Athena Parthenos, the chryselephantine statue by Phidias. Or they were telling their students about the Secession War, and how it had mirrored the conflict between Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter.
    Either way, it doesn‘t matter, he told himself. Last time we almost didn‘t win, because the Ares cabin nearly forgot to come - they came thanks to Silena who had, in return, lost her life. Such irony. She helped to save us, and she died.
    But he had caught a glimpse of her in Elysium, during one of his regular trips to his father‘s kingdom, and she had seemed happy - of course. She was reunited with Charles Beckendorf, her long-time-boyfriend who had died at the beginning of the war. That was perhaps her only consolation.
    Nico asked himself whether they would try to get back to the surface. Now the limits between living and dead had been breached, it was easy for a resident of the Underworld to find his way back up - if Thanatos didn‘t put his veto, naturally.
    The young boy doubted, though, that the dead Campers would come back. They had already had their fair share of combat and warfare, enough for a lifetime. They‘d prefer to stay where they were - perhaps the only secure place in the whole world, ironically. The place of the dead.
    Place who would probably be filled soon with new people - probably people from here. He didn‘t know many Campers personally, but he knew what he had to do.
    Jumping down his bed, he made for the door, grasping his skull-shaped helmet as he went out. Please make her still be there.
    She was.
    She had moved of course, but Nico caught up with her in a few strides.
    Catching her arm, he faced her. The cloth of her shirt was warm because of the temperature of her body.
    „Skive,“ he told her. „Come with me and train. That‘s the best thing you can do right now. And if others of your lesson want to come - they can. As many as they want.“
    He looked into her eyes, his black gaze simmering.
    „It‘s serious,“ he finished. „The war is at the door and if you want to survive... you‘ll have to fight.“
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 8/30/2013, 2:15 pm

As soon as the boy had walked back to his cabin, I turned to leave. He probably didn't want me here, thought I was stupid. Maybe I was, who knew? I could my body heat rising from my whole body blush as I walked away. Before I could leave though, someone gripped my arm and I found myself staring at Nico's eyes again. He told me to go with him an train. I was ready to protest but the tone of his voice and the look in his eyes made it seem important, made me believe that it indeed was necessairy for my safety. I quietly nodded and opened my specially designed backpack to make sure my bow was indeed there. I bit my bottom lip and looked around me before nodding again, trying to both agree with the guy but assure myself it was the right thing to do. Mr. D was a god and if he thought History lessons were important he probably had a reason to believe so but the son of Hades seemed to know better. I put my backpack again over my shoulder and took a step back, letting him lead the way.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/6/2013, 3:37 am

Excellent, Nico thought with a wry smile.
    The girl opened her backpack, and the young boy caught a glimpse of what looked like the tip of a bow. Now how she had managed to put a bow (which was relatively long) into a small backpack like that, that was a true mystery. Probably never gonna be explained.

Anyway, the boy gave her an engaging nod and opened the way towards the Arena. They left the Cabin's Courtyard and walked a little until they arrived at the large white marble building set with various columns and statues of heroes.

"Normally, there's the Ares cabin training with the 'Hermes' right now," he told the girl. "But I don't think they're gonna throw us out."

He gave her his wry smile again and entered the Arena through the marble archway; the temperature immediately dropped, and Nico smiled: in general, he preferred cooler places. Heat was sometimes a bit too much for him.
    His white hand on the pommel of his Stygian iron sword, he came out on the Arena's sand, his shoes digging in it. As he beheld the yellow-brown grains, he recalled his dream that night and made a face. Suddenly, the sand felt cold and hostile to him and he kicked it. A cloud of it rose in the air, then fell back down.
    Just stop thinking about this, he told himself as he innerly gritted his teeth.

Forcing his mind to focus on something else, he looked at the girl and unsheathed his sword, making it twirl about once, then put his skull-shaped helmet on his head, hiding the most part of his hair, and his nose. The black helmet cast a shadow on his face, but his eyes continued gleaming with that strange shine that never left his dark irises.

"Let's start, then," he stated. "Take your weapon out. What's your name, by the way?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/6/2013, 3:48 am

I smiled back at him as we made ou way to the Arena.I stopped a few steps after the entrance and watched him for a while.Suddenly he shivered like a bad memory came to his mind.I frowned but let it pass since he seemed to try to forget it,it was a conversation for another time.If there was another time.As he pulled his sword out I mentally gasped.It was one of the most beautiful weapons I had ever seen.While I was unfocused by my staring I heard a voice and blushed as I realized it was Nico.I quickly made my way towards him and got my bow and my arrows out."I-it's Helen"I murmured as I looked around me to find an unocuppied dummy
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/6/2013, 9:58 am

Helen? Like Helen of Troy.
    Well, formerly of Sparta, but then of Troy, Nico thought with amusement.

However, he frowned as she took a bow and arrows out. This wasn't the archery range here, he wanted to train swordsmanship with her - perhaps she didn't have a sword?
    That would be surprising. Nearly every demigod at Camp had a sword, and if not, at least a dagger, a machaira, a scimitar, or a long knife. To have only a bow and arrows was quite risky, even though he didn't doubt for a second that she was very good at archery. That wasn't the problem. What if her bow broke? Or she lost all her arrows?

"Don't you have a sword?" he asked, gesturing at her bow and quiver.

Suddenly, a son of Hermes bumped into him without meaning to, pushed by a daughter of Ares. Nico raised one of his sooty black eyebrows and took several step to the right. The son of Hermes, whom Nico didn't know, raised his shield in an attempt of deflecting the daughter of Ares's weapon, but the girl's weapon seemed unstoppable. With a mighty 'thud', it crashed into his shield, denting it badly. The boy looked at his shield, an incredulous expression sweeping over his face, then gazed back up, only to see the tip of his opponent's weapon between his eyes.

"Is that what you call 'fighting'?" the girl sneered. "Even my nine-years-old cousin could beat you!"

The tone of her voice was aggressive and insolent, like that of many other children of the god of war. The son of Hermes brushed her sword aside with his shield and went to drink something at the refreshment table, followed by the insults and mocking words the girl was continuing to throw at him.

Nico turned his eyes back to Helen.

"Shall we?" he said, raising his sword.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/6/2013, 11:14 am

"N-no,I don't"I mumbled and looked at the floor in shame as the two kids moved towards us.I jumped back as they kept fighting and hugged my bow to my chest,raising a small protective wall in front of me.I was ready to do something to save the guy if the girl decided to kill him but they left.I looked up at Nico as I heard him ask me something."Huh?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/6/2013, 11:36 am

The son of Hades frowned again. This girl was a little strange.

"Wait, does this mean that you have no experience whatsoever in swordsmanship?" he asked.

If yes, either the girl was a newcomer to Camp, or she had repeatedly skived the fencing lessons. Which was pretty difficult, because in most cases, you had one every day, and if somebody was skiving, it would be seen immediately.
    Besides, nothing could really escape Chiron's or Mr. D's eyes, so if she had indeed been doing this, she would already have been talked to by one of them.
    Or, which was more probable, she was following those lessons, but didn't own any sword of hers - that was common, the demigods would use the sword they had been assigned to for the Capture-The-Flag games, but preferred to fight with a different weapon.
    However, Helen had clearly told him she owned no sword.
    Did she even participate in the Capture-The-Flag games? Nico doubted that.

Getting her a sword was no problem. There were lockers at the side of the Arena, and people could just go and take one. In the worst of cases, they could quickly go to the Athena cabin and borrow a sword, promising to give it back later. That would work.

But he was still surprised by her answer, which was surely mirrored on his face.
    Finally, he kicked the sand again.

"I can get you a sword, if you so wish," he said, and pointed with the shiny black tip of his weapon at the lockers.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/6/2013, 11:54 am

I blushed and gave him a shy and kind smile."Thank you but no.I don't know how to use them.You see,I've applied for double archery lessons by skipping sword-fighting practice."I explained,guessing he was confused by the expression on his face
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 6:35 am

He raised his eyebrows.

"You skipped sword-fighting practice?" he incredulously asked. "Are you... are you mad? If you're out there and have a close combat with a monster or whomever, what is gonna save you if you have no arrows anymore? Are you gonna fight with your bow?"

Nico understood his words could be mocking, but that wasn't his intention at all - he didn't make fun of others. That was the job of Ares's children... and of Momos and his offsprings.
    He looked at her.

"You.. I don't know how to say this, but swordsmanship is something lifesaving for a demigod. Besides, you won't be able to fight with a bow and arrows here. I brought you here to train - and rightly did so - but I can promise you that fencing can be sometimes even more useful than marksmanship."

As he spoke, the daughter of Ares came between them, heading off for the refreshments table. As she took her black helmet off, her red curls flowed down her neck, held by a black strap of cloth tied around her forehead. She was wearing a black-painted Myrmidon armor and carried a sword in her right hand. Nico had seen that girl a few times during his ventures at Camp, but never had he learned her name.
    On the other hand, it wasn't like it mattered. He wasn't the type of socializing anyway, let alone with children of Ares.
    He was lucky to have friends like Percy, or Annabeth, or Frank and Hazel. Even though Hazel was his sister, not his friend. Which was much better, of course.
    Then there were these other guys, Jason, Piper and Leo. He didn't know them much, but had the impression he would soon. Good or bad thing, he didn't know, either way he would keep to himself, like always.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/9/2013, 7:00 am

I looked down and bit my bottom lip."I'm sorry.I-I never thought it could be that important...And my cabin leader always said that I was one of the best archers in the cabin...So I thought i-it wouldn't matter..."I explained quietly
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2013, 7:59 am

Making his sword twirl around absent-mindedly, Nico looked away. The cabin leader of the 'Hecate' was Lou Ellen something, if his recollection was right. A dark-haired girl with a weird habit of stealing other persons's noses.

"I don't know Lou Ellen apart from her physical appearance," he stated, "but I can assure you she's wrong - I mean, I don't doubt you're an excellent archer, that's not the point, the point is you have to know how to fight."

He pointed at the red haired Ares girl.

"Have you seen the way she fought? Monsters are gonna fight like her, they're gonna fight better than her, perhaps, who knows. Do you think you'll have the time to turn around and shoot an arrow if they sneak up on you?"

He kicked the sand again, and it rained back down.

"Take a sword, and let us start this," he finished.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 9/9/2013, 8:27 am

I nodded quickly and ran towards the weapons stash.I grabbed a long,heave one and returned to the boy."You are right.So,what should I do with that?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/2/2013, 9:12 am

Nico started to get a bit desperate.

"The pointed edge has to dig itself into your opponent," he sarcastically said.

He knew he should act with more kindness, but it was a bit annoying for him. He wasn't there to teach basic movements to newcomers, he was there to train with them and get better... and help them get better. He had all the training he wanted, provided by the dead he could summon. He wasn't as good as Percy, but he was fairly well above average.

Making a circular movement with his sword, he stepped closer. The smell of the dry sand under his feet made its way into his nose as he carefully paced up to her, his sword raised.

They exchanged a few slow blows, but Nico soon got fed up and dug his sword into the sand before waving a son of Hermes to them.

"Hey, could you just teach her the basic moves, please?" he asked. "I have to do something important."

"Sure thing," the son of Hermes said and engaged combat with Helen while Nico left.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 10/2/2013, 9:47 am

I sighed.Of course he would be bored and annoyied with me,he was a hero while I was a no one.I let my sword fall before grabbing my backpack again."Thanks,but I'll just go."I mumbled and left

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 9:41 pm