A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

It's Not that I Hate You...

daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

It's Not that I Hate You... Empty It's Not that I Hate You...

Post by daddeme 7/28/2013, 8:06 pm

Ooc: Apologizing for this post in advance because I am on my jerk of a phone.

Bic:
    Demetri was back to normal by the time the two made it to the mess hall. She gave Christian back his jacket since her sun-like glow had returned, and went to a table serving food to make her plate.

"Thank you for...y'know." What was she thanking this boy for? Sparing her life or his jacket? No, no. Demetri would never thank someone for saving her life. She had been preparing to die since she could toddle. "For lending your jacket."

What was wrong with this girl, so arrogant and stubborn? Childish, yet mature? She carried herself like it was a privilege to be anywhere near her presence. She walked with so much carelessness and grace. Even now as she loaded a bowl with various fruits she looked like she was ready to snap any minute.

An animal. That would make sense, this girl of stone who has survived so long after so much danger. Looking over her shoulder with each step--fearing she was being watched. This girl of such arrogance and ferociousness seemed...nervous.

It's Not that I Hate You... Empty Re: It's Not that I Hate You...

Post by Guest 7/29/2013, 1:12 pm

"No problem. How else was I going to gain your trust? Besides not killing you, of course." The boy smirks and grabs a plate. He strolls over to a table towards the middle of the Mess Hall and sits, about to make his order to the magical items, when a dog the size of a small horse bounds up to him, jumping in his lap. The dog has reddish fur mixed with white and black eyes, as well as a mound of fur and a tail that curls forward to touch its back. The boy pets the dog as though this is an everyday thing.

The boy pulls something out of his pocket that looks somewhat like a small remote. After taking out a silver case of some sort and applying a paper strip to the machine, he places it across his finger and, after a minute or two, puts it away. The boy orders some simple saltine crackers and cheese, and they appear on his plate.

The dog jumps down and the boy sighs. He gets up and grabs another plate. He asks for ribs and, as usual, they appear. He sets the plate down on the floor and the dog finishes the meal in a matter of minutes.

"So, tell me about yourself. All mysterious and shady...There has to be something interesting underneath those crazy eyes."

OOC: Its okay. I did an equally short one for revenge.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/7/2013, 3:19 pm

Demetri could have responded with a series of expletives, but that wouldn't be very lady like. Though...since when did she care?

No, no. No, Demetri. That is not appropriate at the time---Hey, what's that?

The girl's head turned towards a creature that looked much too large to be the standard ankle biter or the occasional St. Bernard that people usually brought to this confining camp. No, this...thing had to at least be the size of pony. Demetri was momentarily stunned by the large mound of fur that had entered the mess hall unexpectedly. Who did this beast belong to, anyway? Was he a form of monster that had gotten loose? Should he be annihilated?

When the daughter of Apollo saw the animal run up to Christian, all she could do was roll her multicolored eyes and sit across from the two. Of course the dog would belong to him. She almost grinned at the two in amusement, as she was a major animal lover, but withheld because a true Taylor rarely showed emotion. She watched the small device that Christian had just used. She didn't know exactly what it was for, but she could guess some type of Diabetes. Her father was a medicine god. She just knew things like this.

Demetri chewed her fruit salad in thought as she eyed the dog and deliberated the breed. Up close, he seemed almost like a teddy bear. All fluffy with a reddish tint to his white fur, he was absolutely adorable. It made Demetri wish that she had a dog...then again there was Glika. She didn't count, did she? The three month all black wolf that reminded her of her mysterious past at camp. Something about British mustaches and morphine. Enough about that.

"Tch. Shady." Demetri started without much emotion. Shady was her word for the unknown. "What else do you need to know besides my name? In fact, you don't even need to know that." She stabbed her fork through a grape and placed it in her mouth, chewing with a blank expression.

Post by Guest 8/7/2013, 5:59 pm

"Oh, please. Don't give me that." The boy responds, rolling his eyes in return. He watches her stab the grape, allowing the purple fruit no mercy. "What did that poor fruit fruit salad ever do to you? I might have ruined your day by offering lunch together, but don't take it out on the poor, helpless fruit." The boy smirks, leaning back in his chair and pointing a cracker at her.

"Are you sure your god parent isn't Ares? Because you look like you're about to commit the most bloody strawberry massacre the world has ever seen" He continues, watching the dog run off towards the Deadly Forest.

"You still haven't answered my question. And I need to know your name so I can pick it out of the rumors being spread around camp. You know, after you admit that you're deeply in love with me." The boy just won't stop. Its hard to believe that before, he had been so shy and awkward.

"If you don't start talking, we're going to have an extremely awkward silence, causing everyone in the room to stare at us. Now, I'm not sure if you enjoy the public eye, but wouldn't it be kind of embarrassing?"

The boy finishes his lunch, puts his plate away, and slowly walks back over to his seat. He drums his fingers on the wooden table loudly, staring into the girl's eyes as long as he can.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 8/12/2013, 9:56 am

"Think of it as symbolism. I didn't think someone like you would be so sensitive over something as insignificant as this odd fruit." Demetri said in slight fascination with his use of personification. She loved writing and reading, so all branches of literacy were important to her. Yes, obviously, it was symbolism. When Demetri was mad, she could remain mad for days and you wouldn't even know. She wouldn't say anything. Her actions said it all. "You didn't just ruin my day, Popsicle. You pushed me behind schedule. Archery doesn't shoot itself." She glared at the cracker in his hand with so much hatred it was a miracle the thing didn't burst into flames. Even if she did have that power, nothing probably would have happened still because of who was holding it.

"I hate Ares. I hate strawberries." For some reason unknown the daughter of Apollo found this boy intriguing in the most annoying, moronic, bipolar (This could go on for days...) way possible. Would she go in the Fields of Punishment if she just took a brief moment of her time to strangle this boy? Before she could act on this thought, she added on to her previous words with a hint of sarcasm. "Oh, look! More about me! Yay."

Demetri hated talking about herself almost as much as she hated the night, or opera music, or the sound Styrofoam made hen rubbed together. Oooh, how she loathed those things. Actually...Demetri was quite the walking symbol of hate. It was easy for her to be confused as a child of the war god. If she had to, she would give Christian a list of things she hated. That would be talking about herself, right? She waited until Christian finished talking to rebuttal with her fast words slurred with her slight Midwestern drawl. They all had one. Very faint, but there.

"Demetri Taylor, and yes, most of those rumors concerning me are true. And what is your obsession with me telling you those lies? Honestly, Christian Caesar, I do not have even the slightest feeling for you whatsoever. Besides distaste and the feeling to kill you right here. Right now."

And when he stood to rid himself of his extras and sat back down, Demetri bore right back into his eyes with her insulting grin in place. She sipped the hot Chamomile tea that she had called up while Christian was away, but never once broke eye contact. In a way, her blinking every once in a while seemed...intimidating.

Post by Guest 8/26/2013, 5:53 pm

OOC: My email is messing up, so I didn't know you had posted. SORRY!

BIC: "If you wanted to kill me, you could have done it in the Arena." The boy replies with a small smirk. "And I'm certain the Archery equipment enjoys the break. It must be tiring being shot all day."

"I would be careful what you say about strawberries. Some of the Demeter kids are crazy. Last week, I witnessed a Hermes kid trying to uproot a blueberry bush in their garden. They nearly skinned me. But, lucky for you, I'm still here. And, despite my injuries, I am loyal to the duty of annoying as many as possible." The boy pauses and looks at his cracker thoughtfully. "I may need you to take a few minutes to fill out a customer survey."

The boy proceeds to eat the cracker, before rubbing his hands together and smacking them on the wood of the table.

"Do you have something in your eye? Because I'm about to start lecturing you about how rude it is to stare." He scolded after a few minutes of relaxed silence.
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 9/3/2013, 6:28 pm

Ooc: It's coolio. Also, DON'T HATE ME FOR BEING DISTRACTED D:

Bic:
    Demetri's sigh grew into a groan as she slowly became more and more irritated with Christian, signaled by her pinching of the bridge of her nose that slowly grew into a facepalm. The poor girl almost had a headache, which was sad considering she was immune to headaches or anything of the lesser nature. It was as if this boy were begging to have himself stabbed through the heart with her handy spoon. Demetri could have taken him back in the arena. She had a plan if he decided to try and kill her instead of being a wuss and letting her survive. She would have been victorious even if it killed her in the process.

Aw, who am I kidding? The annoying voice in the back of her mind whispered quietly. Her again. That little voice of humanity and goodness that loved to take over her mind at the most terrible of times. Of course.

"Knowing you and your strange self, you could have a dozen of said surveys already printed up and stored in one of those bottomless pockets you have there." Demetri never understood how guys could keep their homes in their pants; why didn't female jeans come with deep enough pockets?

"No, I 'don't have anything in my eye--'" Her voice dropped an octave so that she sounded like she was trying to be alluring--a poor imitation of Christian as it was meant to insult. "For I am blinded by your fatal case of stupid! If you are only going to have me sit here in order to drive me to madness, I will not stay and allow you. One does not simply have time for that."

Demetri's small but powerful fist slammed down on the table as she pushed herself to her feet and glared into her rival's eyes. She stepped away from her seat and turned on her heel. Damn, the door was too far away for a dramatic exit...She began her walk anyway. "Good freakin' day, dude. Have a wonderful life."

Post by Guest 9/9/2013, 5:15 pm

OOC: So much to do, so little inspiration. Sigh. Sorry this is so short.

The boy shoots up from his chair and is in front of her within a second, blocking her path. "Aww, come on! I can't be that bad. You're going to archery, right? You know, I bet I could use some practice with the old bow and arrow. I'll go with you!" he insists, steeping so he's beside her. "I've got nothing else to do.  I doubt you have any Khione kids in the class. I could help broaden the target group! Plus, it doesn't look good to have no members of a certain parentage. It looks slightly like discrimination. Pretty soon, there'll be protests! I'm your only chance of survival!" he persists, miming shooting a bow and arrow with extreme inaccuracy.

"It can't be that hard! All you do is...pull a string. And then the arrow goes flying. Heck, I could do it with my eyes closed."

"Anyway, I barely know you. And you refuse to tell me anything about yourself." The boy stops, a look i his eyes signalling an idea being born. "I'll just have to follow you. You know, hide in bushes and take notes on your behavior. I'll know more about you in a week than I ever could regularly." He was backtracking now, walking back towards his table. " Yes, that's exactly what I'll do. Keep your eye out for me, Little Miss Sunshine, because everywhere you go, I'll be on your tail."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 5:49 pm