A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

i did a thing

Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female
    Number of posts : 270
    Registration date : 2013-07-12

i did a thing Empty i did a thing

Post by Lone Wanderer 8/11/2013, 12:42 pm

alright hey hello
      i'm aries and welcome to jackass my writing thread
      i'm actually gonna try to make this a proper drabble thread
      so welcome and have a cup of tea and read stories. i'm always open to prompts and suggestions and critiques and basically other people talking about my stuff??
      wow that sounds narcissistic but hey
      enjoy man

She sobbed quietly into her pillow at the thought. Her parents, dead and mangled with almost surreal smiles on their faces. Rigor mortis, perhaps. She remembered that night all too well. As she was out camping with a friend, a fire swept through her home and killed all inside. In other words, her parents and her little baby brother. When she came home that night, all that was left was the charred corpses of her loved ones; an image she was never able to get out since. At her charred room was her little crystal ball, the one she got from an aunt long passed. Her reflection was distorted, her red curly hair looking almost pink and reminiscent of a bee's nest in the dim light. Tears fell down her face as the police came and took her away, barely giving her a moment to pack her things before being sent off to sit in god-knows-where.
      Her next days were that of no emotion. She recalled the days as being a puppeteer's plaything, a toy-maker's creation. Nothing more than a husk with no soul. She was sent off to an orphanage having no other family. It was rather dreadful there, not many wanted a six-year-old that they couldn't raise the way they wanted. She spent her time sewing little things, or at least she thinks. Ten years later, she has a foster family and about the closest thing to the dream she had. Her memories are now blurred with those stains you get where you're not sure if it's right or not, so you throw out the idea in its entirety. Faces, faces were gone now. Without a trace. She didn't mind though, she was just a plaything in the horrid game of life.
      Her pillow was now streaked with tears, a smile showing in the mirror right next to her makeshift bed. Her bracelets on the ground next to her were tangled together, bungled even. She remembered her parents being mangled on the ground, where skin used to be was now burnt flesh and that sickly sweet scent of death. The kid next to her started to sob as well, hearing her mournful wailing. She smiled, tears still running down. "Please, child, stop your crying." He did stop, for a moment, as she told him a song she vaguely remembered from the orphanage. The only memory not blurred with time. "And just," she whispered in her sing-song voice, "just sing along with me."

okay like to be honest i wrote this at twoish in the morning or sometime where i should've been asleep, and so there's probably a plot hole or something in there.
      i dunno i actually really like it
      one mega-cookie to whoever gets what song the story's based off of u v u

Last edited by Aries on 8/20/2013, 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

i did a thing Empty Re: i did a thing

Post by Guest 8/11/2013, 5:09 pm

Nice
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 8/16/2013, 5:45 pm

so i found something today
      it's another story what
      written like a month ago. july 11th 2013
      i dunno about this one it's weird
      trigger warning??? like blood and death and stuff???

He screamed so loudly, his throat burned. Tears flowed from his eyes, pooling together at his chin then dropping off without a sound. Anger and madness welled up within him, making him want to take the gun in his hand and shoot himself with it. The boy fell down to his knees, looking at the massacre in front of him. A robber stole inside his house in the middle of the night, and a bullet to the medulla oblongta killed the boy's mother. He later waltzed inside the house, holding the family's rations for the week. There was a smile on his face; they got an extra steak and another few bottles of water. The moment he saw the blood and the jacked-up fiend who killed his mother, however, the smile was ripped off his face. Barely making a sound, he picked up the lead pipe at the entryway, there to beat up intruders. With shaking hands, the boy swung it, and knocked the fiend to the ground. The man looked up at him, eyes bloodshot and mouth glistening with sweat and spit. Blood welled in a puddle beneath him, as well as skin and an odd grey thing the boy hasn't seen before. Blind with rage, the crazed man shot at the boy, only missing his arm by an inch. The boy swung down again as the man fired once more. A dry cackle rose in the man's throat, hacking and sputtering, but still a laugh. Then he died, brains dripping out on the carpet mixed with an ugly amount of blood and some spit. The boy started to cry, not from the pain of his shot arm. Ignoring it, he staggered over to his mother, fell down to his knees, and pushed the stray hair from her face. She was a lovely woman, caring eyes and hair that fell to her shoulders. There was nothing the boy could do, however, and so he wept. He wept as he reached for that god-forsaken gun. He wept as the cold barrel brushed against his ear and waited uncomfortably against his temple. Just as he pulled the trigger, though, he laughed.
      And then there was silence.

also is eleven a good size or am i kidding myself i mean
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 8/20/2013, 6:37 am

Dominik sniffled. It was yet another day out of school, and for good reason. It's been a week since the incident and it would've been a lie to say he was okay. The door clicked, and in walked Giovanno, his father. The only person he could trust. Sweet Miss Muriel, who knew she could be a monster?

"Hey, kid." Giovanno muttered, a weak smile on his face. In his hand was a plate of cookies and a small glass of milk. "Brought your favorite."

Dominik struggled to sit up, the pain in his neck was excruciating. Who knew you needed your neck for so much stuff? Tears welled up in his once-bright blue eyes. "Hey, dad," he responded. His father rushed over and set the cookies down.

"Dominik, don't hurt yourself. Don't move if it's not necessary." To any other kid, Giovanno wouldn't be the best of dads. Gone most of the time, emotionally distant, unable to get over the woman who left him, and doesn't often speak English despite the fact that he was fluent in it. Most times, he was embarrassing. At this point, however, he was the only friend Dominik had. The throat slash made him an outcast. People would point and laugh and whisper how the sweet science teacher hurt him. And if it wasn't about the slash, it was about how he had an accent when he spoke, or how his mom left him. Kids were just horrible.

yaaay another story. i used a prompt for this one huehuehue
      (write for) 10 minutes * male character * hot cookies and cold milk
      found on this pretty radtastical site.
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 8/22/2013, 3:50 pm

His eyes refocused, previously seeing a rage-induced haze. Another boy, around the age of thirteen, was on the ground, blood pouring out of his nose and unconscious. The grey-eyed boy of around four years younger looked at his hand, blood on the knuckles and beginning to bruise. A crowd gathered, whispering kids saying "He did it, he did it," and a teacher, too dumbfounded to do much. The grey-eyed boy was just as surprised. He was the loser of sixth grade, the kid who was teased and bullied and harrassed every day, the Omega of the school pack.
      And here he was, a fading wrath in his eyes and a evil smile on his face. Of course all of this was a surprise to him; how did he not lose? How did he not get suspended right then and there? But instead of fear flaring in his little heart, it was pride.
      Here he was, the loser of sixth grade, in front of the boy- no the middle school bully that no one liked- that he knocked out.
      About now, kids started screaming. Yelling and cheering and howling and causing such a ruckus that the teachers were near helpless. Almost the entire school was flooding the halls, news of the bully being knocked out being shouted by tiny lungs and causing screeches of joy to be emitted. Everyone hated the grey-eyed lad, but everyone hated the blood-covered boy even more.
      He was a hero.
      And thus started his descent into villainy.

Aaand here's another prompt story.
      (write for) 15 minutes * original male character * not a hero
      I'll admit I wrote for only ten minutes huehuehue
      And this character is actually a character I love to use!! His name is Caeden and he's a character I made a few months ago uhuhu I really like him.
      he's also a son of poseidon but i can't exactly do that haha
      I may actually make him soon, but I'm not sure oops.

Last edited by Aries on 10/5/2013, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 8/23/2013, 4:35 pm

A tear fell off her face, and into the sand. It left a dent, an imprint. Evidence that she couldn't swallow her sadness and instead showed it through physical means. There was a stick in her hand, a piece of old and salty driftwood that rubbed her skin the wrong way and smelled horrid. With it, she drew a line in the sand, right past her knees that she knelt on. She wanted it to represent something, anything, yet it didn't. It almost represented humanity and its boundaries, society's limits, yet it didn't. It almost represented the other side, an afterlife she didn't believe in. It almost represented her sadness and how she couldn't overcome it, but it didn't. It couldn't. It was merely a line in the sand.

prompt used:drabble (100 words) * female character - under 18 * a line in the sand
      it's actually 129 words ooh i'm so bad
      and i typed this up in like four minutes
      it's really easy to reach 100 words just fyi

Post by Guest 8/24/2013, 6:35 pm

These are good!
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 8/30/2013, 4:55 pm

aaaah thank you luna!!! u v u

Like a mouse, she scampered. Wretched and small and insignificant, she twitched and hid in the alleyways. Her violent red hair flared in the streetlights' fake glow.

Natural brown roots were beginning to show. She supposed she'd have to dye it soon. Or how good would it look in an ombre style or whatever--

Sirens screamed and the girl tensed up, nearly screaming herself. It was a unpleasant shock, and something she didn't want to deal with. Granted, her wish may not come true because why exactly was a underage girl stalking about in the middle of the night? And to be honest, she didn't have the best answer for that.

Why was she running? There was a flash, fire. Smoke and the odd smell of honey that wouldn't leave her nostrils. Burning honey, possibly.

She missed honey.

hooray prompts i almost forgot about this thread for a second.
      lost the original prompt but it was like drabble about a runaway underage character or something
      this one is also kind of weird oops
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 9/13/2013, 4:41 pm

whispers it's poetry hour people who look at this
      no titles just random scribbles made at various hours of the night
      yes they're separate so

she steps with gentle feet,
      feeling so light,
      each foot moving,
      ever so slight,
      she steps with gentle feet,
      feeling like flight,
      each foot moving,
      her closer to the light

dreaming, cascading
      her thoughts so hollow
      waterfalls and nightmares
      her feet to tremble
      masquerade and kicking
      her whispers so heavy
      screaming and pulling
      her mind to collapse
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 9/16/2013, 3:32 pm

tw: war, death, blood
      or something i don't know how to trigger warn

Tomorrow will be a brighter day! Tomorrow will take the pain away!
      Tomorrow will be a brighter day! Tomorrow will take the--
      His body fell to the ground, still chanting those words that would take the pain away and make tomorrow a brighter day. His knees were melting chocolate, his arms were gelatin, his mind was pudding.
      "Tomorrow will be a brighter day! Tomorrow will take the pain away!"
      There was blood and gore and guts and a mess all around him, soldiers on both sides falling like flies. Red and brown clashing like your aunt's Christmas sweater on the cadavers.
      "Tomorrow will be a brighter day! Tomorrow will take the pain away!" he whispered, tongue was powdered sugar. Screams in Latin and screams in English. Profanities in both language, with men screaming and screaming and screaming.
      There were a few women with the enemies. No women allowed on his side. The good side. The side that would bring freedom to this barren wasteland.
      Take the pain away from his fallen comrades? Maybe, possibly. Take the pain away from him? Maybe, possibly. A mudman, some slang he made up on the spot, screeched in pain right next to him as one of his brothers stabbed him in the neck with a spear. Quite tribal-like, but spears were effective.
      Bodies smelled sickeningly sweet, like candy. Oh, how he loved candy. Candy, candy, candy. Wasn't a lot in this wasteland, no sir. Candy and wine was reserved for the higher-ups. Footsoldiers got irradiated food and dirty water. Fine enough, but he wanted candy.
      The other side began to retreat, finally defeated. Corpses were scattered around him, with only a few other stragglers surviving.
      He dusted off his red uniform, whispered a few words in Latin, and shakily stepped away from the gore, shakily stepped away from Hell.
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 10/5/2013, 4:31 pm

Three simple words going: I'm leaving you.
      Over some spaghetti and salad at some sort-of fancy restaurant with a guy you actually really like!!
      Ends up he doesn't like you.
      Sure, you're a bit plain.
      Sure, he's a bit, well, snobbish. But you really thought it would work out. And sadly, it's going to turn out more like the relationship between Henry the Eighth and Anne of Cleves. After that first blind date, he'd only look at you when needed. Hardly a hug, don't even think of a kiss, sweetheart.
      "You know what three words really make or break a relationship?" he'd mumble as noodles hung from his fork.
      It was your fifth date, and gosh wow!! you were estatic.
      Why was he still going out with you, you weren't sure. In his mind, it was pity, almost. He was nearly as desperate as a beggar finding food, he just had to find some girl, any girl!!
      But obviously, he wasn't desperate enough for you.
      To be honest, you shouldn't have gotten so attached. There were too many signs.
      But hey, pain is the best teacher.
      You whisper, "What?", hoping it's those special three.
      He lets out a low sigh.
      You start getting nervous.
      "It's just..."
      A frown creases your forehead and gives you a horrible look.
      0/10. Would not recommend again.
      "You're just..."
      Tears start welling up. You knew it. You knew it.
      "I'm--"
      Seething with frustration, you stand up, scooting the chair with such ferocity the entire restaurant hears you.
      A nasty look, poisoned arrows flying from your eyes. You take your coat and leave.
      People start looking at him funny, the guys give mildly pitying looks, the girls give nasty little sneers.
      He just wanted to say that he really liked you, and just didn't know how to express it.
      But hey! Pain is the best teacher, and maybe you've learned your lesson.

Marceline
    Marceline
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1571
    Registration date : 2013-06-28

Post by Marceline 10/11/2013, 5:17 pm

I like your stories.
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 10/22/2013, 12:06 pm

thanks much kay!! uvu

A boy and a girl sat together. It was on a hill, nice and lush and pretty, flowers everywhere. A campfire burned nearby, along with a newspaper. She scampered over to the fire, clutching a paper in her hands. "Have you..."
      The boy looked over, eyes torn away from the sunset. They gave a look of question.
      "Have you ever burnt paper?" She enunciated slowly, not trying to make him sound foolish, but the girl was so quiet. He shook his head. Well, he has before, but he didn't want to discourage the girl. Her emotions were too fragile. His were too, but he would worry about that later.
      The girl's eyes brightened, and she smashed the paper into the fire, surprisingly not burning herself. It sat, crumpling and twisting for a moment, before she pulled it out with a smile.
      "Have you ever crushed burnt paper?" Again, a small shake of the head from the boy. Her eyes lit up once more, and she gently crushed the paper, not pounding it to dust but a fine smattering of flakes.
      "Now, watch," she commanded. A breeze appeared and blew through her hair. She lifted up her hands, and released the paper.
      Thousands of flakes twisted through the air, resembling black butterflies from long ago. There was a powdery dust on her hands, but it wasn't that it mattered. The boy looked in awe; the flakes against the setting sun was a whole other spectrum of beauty. They weaved around his face and hands, each one landing like butterfly kisses.
      When all was done and over, the two looked at each other, feeling almost a faint feeling of vemod. That moment was over, who knew when -or if- it would come again?
      It was precious enough, and that was all that mattered.
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Post by Bell 10/23/2013, 9:47 am

Woah, Aries. That is very, very cool!
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 10/24/2013, 10:59 am

thanks bell!!
      whispers I wrote a weird thing
      It's supposed to be similar to Greek epics, but I couldn't get the meter down.
      Spoilers for the last PJO book.

O Sweet Calliope, lend me your ears,
      that I may hear the charming tune flowing from your truthful mouth.
      The tale of a boy of the name Perseus, son of earthshaker Poseidon
      Valiant in his travels, flanked by a young virgin of the name Annabeth, daughter of wise Athena,
      And that of the noblest satyrs, Grover who listened to Pan's dying melody,
      And that of the bravest Cyclopes, Tyson who led the battalion who Nike's victory bestowed.
      O winged Hermes, fly me to the time of the Titans' fall
      Where Kronos' dying breath intertwined with your son,
      Luke who betrayed but in his final moments, became pure and true once more.
      O vengeful Hades, I plead you to reverse the death
      Of the beautiful daughter and the wise son of
      Aphrodite and Hephaestus.
      Both ends met with such cruelty.
      Their fate in Elysium truly happy
      Is pleasure enough however.
      O Great Zeus, exert your power
      To prevent the downfall of Olympus
      Preserve the good fate of those who fought,
      In the relentless Titanomachy.
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 11/22/2013, 5:24 pm

And he smiled.
      The shadows wrapped around him, a warm and comforting feeling. It was all true, it was all a lie. He was the killer, the murderer, the one who spilled the blood of people who didn't deserve it.
      Morgan knew. She was smart.
      She should've died first.
      He made too many mistakes. Two, costly, costly mistakes. Joel should have either died earlier or not at all. Adam, Adam was certainly his downfall and oh! If only she wasn't so smart.
      Aang's annoying voice rang out in the last moments he was there. Good kid, in a way. Didn't expect him at all, and even stood up for him.
      But oh! He wasn't smart enough, he just wanted revenge against the people who hated him and he wanted to start a fire.
      He almost wished he went to Melinoe's chapel, it was the only part he wasn't allowed to see. The liquids, though, were those souls? When he held them, they were warm yet cold, light yet heavy. They had to be something of importance. Maybe his soul? Or whatever his soul would be held in in the unfortunate circumstance that he died? It didn't matter at this point.
      The others. Sebastian and Etso, what happened to those two? In the fading candlelight, he just couldn't see them. He hoped they were okay. He truly hoped that everyone would be okay. Granted, that's not how a killer should think, but as the most wrapped around him, Dominik was no longer a killer. Merely a lost and slightly amoral son of Aphrodite.
      His wounds from the wrathful daughter stung, coiled around his arms like snakes. Dominik laughed internally at how pathetic he was, crying and bringing on the tears.
      They were real, though, once he had the time to think about it afterward. The pain and regret of spilling crimson life stung nearly as bad as the fiery whip. But oh, nobody is as smart as they originally think.
      He almost wondered though, what would have happened if there was no killer? If they were to just be friends?
      And he frowned.

OOC; last unofficial post for the murder mystery event
      it was fun, guys!! hope we can do it again some day!!
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 11/26/2013, 3:29 pm

@past!me ya need ta chill babes

Last edited by Lone Wanderer on 7/8/2018, 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/26/2013, 3:38 pm

OMG I LOVE THIS

but that's really sad though....

you ma'am, are awesome :)
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 12/3/2013, 12:35 pm

Ah, thank you Seelie!! uwu

"Let's make you beautiful."
      "Let's change the way you look."
      The two girls dumped white paint on her face. Tears that previously glistened like diamonds were hazy and smoke-like. It dribbled down the last girl's face, her eyes shut tight and lips clamped down.
      "Don't look like that, darling. Your face will freeze that way."
      Darling relaxed, not wanting to upset the duo further. It was already humiliating enough, let's not make it worse. The paint dripped off her eyelashes and went up her nose as she breathed. She coughed.
      "Ah, Darling. Don't do that."
      White paint flew outwards, some fell on her tongue as she opened her mouth. It was bitter, and almost made her recoil in shock. One girl held her tightly though, not allowing a muscle to come out of place. The duo smiled.
      The paint was beginning to dry, and after another long and drawn-out couple of minutes, Darling was a fresh canvas.
      "Let's make you look beautiful. Let's change the way you look," they chanted as they got out their gaudy paints and soft brushes, smiles growing wide. Darling would have let out a hushed gasp, but the paint cemented her lips. The duo applied their blue and purple eyeshadows, their bright red lips, their violent pink blush, their dark and foolish eyelashes. Darling was a clown.
      "Ah, Darling, how pretty you are."
      Another tear rolled down her cheek, mixing with some paint and turning it a muddied droplet.
      They bound her hands with rope, forced her eyes closed and made her stumble.
      She was pushed into a room. Tears were falling freely now, and the paint covering her mouth made it hard to breathe as she couldn't gasp or sigh.
      People started laughing, tons of people. The laughter echoed about the room and bounced off walls and drilled into her ears and made her sob harder and this wasn't fun why were they doing this why why why why?--
      "Here she is."
      "The most beautiful girl in the world."
    Lone Wanderer
    Lone Wanderer
    Overlord of Sweets

Female

Post by Lone Wanderer 12/21/2013, 6:37 pm

He looked up into the night sky. Absolute nothingness glared back. There was a swallow, usually quiet but deafeningly loud in the pitch black dark that surrounded him. Feet walked forwards on the ruined road. Grass was everywhere, pieces of asphalt were strewn about, and cracks lingered on for dozens of meters to scar the surface. There was a gun strewn across the man's back, some sort of shotgun that was damn accurate and could pop a head from three-hundred meters. Compared to some, that was pitiful, but considering he was a lone wanderer just kicked out of the place he called home, it was good enough.
      Feet dragged on, almost tripping over some rubble but he caught himself in the nick of time. A scuttling sound from the bushes. With some dexterity, he got his gun ready for a shot, in case of an attack. A hissing noise. Out popped a reptilian monster, and off popped his head with a shot rippling through the air at hundreds of miles per hour. Sickening squelch, but the threat was over.
      He harvested this body, the meat made for decent eating and the skins made for decent money. It was only a few more hours walking until he got to an outpost, only a few more hours until he could get a beer or two and chat up the pretty ladies that hung about. He looked up again, just for giggles. A single star giggled back.
      And that made his travel all the more worthwhile.

anoanoano
      prompt was something about not being able to see the stars
      also this is like half-fanfiction sneeeee

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 7:36 pm