A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The son of Thanatos

Jerfrey
    Jerfrey

Male
    Number of posts : 17
    Registration date : 2013-10-21

The son of Thanatos Empty The son of Thanatos

Post by Jerfrey 10/27/2013, 11:42 pm

Name: James Olmen
    Eyes: Icy Blue
    Hair: Black, short hair
    Height: 178 cm
    Body Type: Athletic
    Skin Color: pale white
    God Parent: Thanatos
    Mortal Parent: Tessa Olmen
    Country of Origin: America
    Pets: a small hellhound, the size of a Labrador, named Essie, that can shadow travel up to 30km (as all hellhounds can) but usually not with anyone else. She can solo-shadow travel two to three times a day, and can shadow travel with another (she only ever does this with her owner) once a day.
    Talents: sword fighting and brazilian jujitsu, and very good with dogs
    Weapon**: A stygian Iron sword, 1 meter long, with a skull shaped pommel. When turned into a scythe with Astral Energy, it can send souls to the underworld with a touch, but only if the are escaped.
    Personality: Shy, doesn't like being around others incase he loses control of his aura of depresion (see powers section for more details), for a child of Death, he is suprisingly compassionate
    Flaws: Terrified of heights, Holds grudges longer than he should, has trust issues
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional):
    -Radiats an aura of depression, causing others around him to feel hopeless and depressed. He has learnt to control this power mostly, but loses control if he gets too emotional.
    -Can shadow travel up to 30 kilometers, twice in one day (more if it is a smaller shadow travel) or can travel 600 km, but this makes him faint of exaustion and he cannot shadow travel again that day.
    -Can control Astral energy to make almost anything (up to 4 times as big as he is), which lasts different lengths of time depending on the size of the object created and how concentrated on keeping it there he is. He canalso use astral energy toraise spirits of the dead to help him. he can raise one to four at a time, and the more he raises that more it drains him. He sometimes uses his power over astral energy to give himself black wings and turn his sword into a scythe, making himself appear to be Thanatos to others, but they usually aren't fooled
    - can tell if some one hase returned from the underworld
    Life Before CHB*: When he was born, his mother had severe postnatal depression. When this still hadn't gona away by the time James was five, she prayed to Thanatos, realizing that James was his son, and asked him to take him away from her. Thanatos sent one of his older children on his sixth birthday, and the older demi-god took him to the underworld to help him master his powers. At the age of ten, he started sending JAmes on missions tofind escaped spirits from the underworld and bring them back. At thirteen he went to camp half-blood, but Thanatos still calls on him from time to time to bring a spirit back to the underworld
    RP Example*: James was close now, he could feel it. His father had told him about a dog that had died, and found it's way back to it's body. He walked through the streets on the cold December night, his cloak's hood raised against the rain. He found the house, and shadow-traveled inside. He strolled casually through the halls, avoiding being seen by the mortal family by bending the shadows around him. He climbed up the stairs and found the dog.He unhide himself, and turned his sword into a scythe, raised it to strike the dog, but was stopped, by a little girl saying "wait,please don't kill my puppy." He turned around, and saw a girl, no more than five. He looked at her lifespan, and saw she was about to die from an astham attack, so he turned and killed the dog. Little had he expected that the asthma attack would be caused by her sadness at her dog's second death. He saw this and shadow travelled backto his cabin, not being able to bear seeing the sadness engraved on the dead girls face anymore.
    Any notes about your characters: Like most children of Thanatos, he doesn't fear death.

Last edited by Jerfrey on 10/28/2013, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding a feature to weapon: fixing what and admin (kendall) told me to)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

The son of Thanatos Empty Re: The son of Thanatos

Post by Kendall 10/28/2013, 6:58 am

How far at most could the hellhound shadow-travel?

I would not allow him to bend shadows or use astral energy to make "anything" (especially making others believe he is Thanatos). I also would not allow him to drain life forces or see people's life spans. Also, our shadow-travel limit for people is around 30 miles.

I would not allow Thanatos to contact his son in any way in thhe Life Before CHB.
    Jerfrey
    Jerfrey

Male

Post by Jerfrey 10/30/2013, 11:29 pm

EDITED
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/31/2013, 2:37 pm

You didn't remove the astral energy thing.

Also, no to training in the Underworld and being sent on missions by Thanatos/his half-brother.
    Jerfrey
    Jerfrey

Male

Post by Jerfrey 10/31/2013, 2:52 pm

A) you said not making "anything." I did change it so he can't make "anything"

B)will that mean i have to changed my RP example? and can he still have been trained by an older son on Thanatos?

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/31/2013, 3:04 pm

Almost anything is still close to anything; I'd only allow the part where he raises the dead. (Also, I told you to reduce the shadow-travel limit to 30 miles; you still have 600 km in there.)

He can still have been trained by an older son of Thanatos, yes, and yes you'll have to change the RP Example.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 10:57 am