A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Books > People [PRIVATE]

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Books > People [PRIVATE] Empty Books > People [PRIVATE]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 12/6/2013, 9:45 am

Celine walked slowly around the beach until she found a totally deserted spot. There was absolutely no living soul, only a stunning view of the serene sea, and that was what she wanted. Quiet so she could read in peace, as she couldn't find it anywhere in that chaotic camp. Nobody could disturb her because nobody knew where she was. She literally had to run away from the noise. Satisfied, she sat on the sand, with the sea water wetting her bare toes, and began flipping through a copy of Dorian Gray. To stop Celine's reading was like to poke a lion during his lunch.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female
    Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2013-11-25

Books > People [PRIVATE] Empty Re: Books > People [PRIVATE]

Post by CalliopeMcCann 12/6/2013, 10:52 pm

Calliope decided to take a walk and explore the camp. She found a map posted outside the Big House and her eyes were immediately drawn to the lake. She had only been to a lake once when she was a little kid. Remembering how much fun she had with her mom playing on the dock, Calli took a copy of the map and headed off to find the dock. She was beginning to feel lost. She had been walking on the beach for at least five minutes now. Calli took out the map and kept walking. “Where is that stupid-” She landed face first in the sand. “What the- Uh oh.” She looked back to realize that she had tripped over some poor girl trying to read a book. “I am SO sorry!”
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 12/9/2013, 4:22 pm

Celine was so immersed in concentration that she didn't notice the presence of someone else until this person stumbled over her and nearly knocked her down. She turned at the person, frowning, ready to hit him with a hardback until death, when she realized it was just an innocent and confused girl, and who seemed to be way more damaged than her. Her kind side spoke louder. "Are you fine?" Celine asked, genuinely worried, as she immediately attended to help the girl up.
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 12/9/2013, 7:02 pm

Calliope was surprised at how nice this girl was being. She had expected her to yell at the very least and yet, she asked if she was hurt. "Thanks. Just a scrape and a really bad case of embarrassment, I think." Calliope said as she tried to brush the sand off of her clothes and shake some of it out of her hair. "Sorry about your book." Calli said, picking it up and brushing it off before handing it back to the stranger. "Dorian Gray. Huh. Never read it. Is it any good?"
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 12/10/2013, 6:54 pm

Celine rolled her eyes as she noticed the girl wasn't hurt at all. "It's ok. But next time, watch your step." She couldn't help grumbling slightly. Mainly when she realized that the girl destroyed her book. It wasn't even hers, it belonged to the library. Anyway, it was covered in sand, and a bit wet. She pulled the book out of the hands' girl like a mother that takes her child after a stumble. "It's nice... A bit wordy, for closed minds." She replied. She lifted her head and tried to face the girl with her angry eyes, but the intense sunlight reflected on her glasses and made her momentarily blind. "So... Are you lost or something? You seem pretty... disoriented. I'm Celine. What's your name?"
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 12/10/2013, 9:59 pm

Calliope knew what that voice meant. People didn't realize just how much their tone gave away. And Celine was definitely pissed. Calliope decided that the best thing she could do was to just be polite and leave. "It's Calliope. But I really prefer Calli. And yes, I was looking for the dock. And hey! There's the dock so I'm just gonna go. Nice meeting you. Bye." She started to walk off in the direction of the dock when she realized just how incredibly rude that statement was. Celine was the first person she had met at camp and Calli had behaved abominably. So she just stood there- processing her guilt until that familiar voice in her head said "Try again. Say hello." Mustering up what very little courage she had, Calliope turned around to face Celine. "I like Pride and Prejudice. The book- not the movie. It's a nice book. Though, it is a bit wordy... For closed minds, that is."
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 12/21/2013, 12:31 pm

Celine only realized she had kicked the girl out when she started to walk away. She really tried to be kind, but it didn't always work. Although she was personally offended for a moment, her actual intention was to help that lost girl so she wouldn't stumble over people again while she stared at confusing maps instead of watching her steps. And plus, that girl seemed to speak Celine's reader language, so maybe they could socialize a bit. "Hey, come back! You're a newbie, right? I could help you." Celine's mood had changed in a second. This time, she had a sincere smile on her face as she replied to the girl's comment. "Pride and Prejudice is an awesome classic too. Full of dramatic dialogues, that's the fun thing."
    CalliopeMcCann

Female

Post by CalliopeMcCann 12/26/2013, 1:02 pm

The sunlight seemed to give Calli that boost of her nonexistent confidence that she needed in order to see that Celine might be a good person to get to know. After all, she also was an Austen fan and Calli was not one of those people who's "Good opinion once lost is lost forever." She walked back over to Celine and tried her best not to retreat from possibly making a new friend. (As she normally did.) "Yeah. I just got here from Boston. It's been a rough time since. They pretty much stuck me in a cabin told me that the Greek gods are real and that one of them is my dad. I am so confused. So I would appreciate any help I can get."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 12:53 am