A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Drowning?

Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Drowning? Empty Drowning?

Post by Jules 12/30/2013, 10:42 am

Leah stumbled toward the lake, occasionally nearly tripping over stones and discarded looking objects. Her arms and legs flailed wildly as she half ran and half fell into the lake. "Eeurrrghh", a soft groan escaped her as she felt the soft ground give way beneath her butt and the wet mud find its way into her pants. The freezing watwr had something of a sobering effect on Leah, of course she shouldn't have expected the lake to be 50 feet deep right from the shore. But then again when she rushed here she hadn't been thinking about anything at all, infact she dint quite remember why it wss so important to come to the lake in the first place. Huh.
    Calmy plucking a bug out of her hair, Leah lay back in the wet mud, amongst the reeds. In hindsight the pale blue shorts her mother had sent her for Christmas probably wasn't the best outfit for a nighttime swim, she thought as she watched the soft ripples of the lake wash the mud off her feet.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male
    Number of posts : 19601
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Drowning? Empty Re: Drowning?

Post by Daniel 1/21/2014, 1:50 pm

David Ambrose - Gaea - Terrakinetic Demititan - Healthy

David strolled down the lake. He wasn’t sure about his exact motives for coming down here in the dead of night; he sort of just went out for a walk and ended up here.

The little light coming from the crescent moon reflected off the surface of the lake making it look a small bastion of light. On the opposite side of the lake, David saw a girl stumbling towards the lake then fall in. He laughed silently to himself before deciding that he must have some sort of civic duty to make sure she was okay. He took a stripe over the water; rocks temporarily surfaced providing him with a surface and he quickly traversed the lake in a straight line towards the girl. By the time he arrived, she was laying in the reeds.

"You’ll get a cold if you lay there,” David said to the girl.

This form was written with proper non-deprecated HTML and CSS

Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 1/21/2014, 2:35 pm

Leah hadn't even realised when her eyes had closed of their own accord until they flew open in response to a sudden sound ahead of her. In the few instants it took for Leah to blink the sleep out of her eyes, her thoughts were all over the place. Ahead of her? That couldn't be right, she thought, shaking her head slightly. There was only the lake ahead of her and how could someon-"HOLY ZEUS!", she yelled, sitting up abruptly and scrambling backward. Still flat on her butt in the mud, Leah took "How did-But..you.." Leah, trailed away wondering absently if there had been anything more potent in the liquids she had downed earlier on. Damn that sneaky Hermes cabin she cursed silently before turning to attention back to the giant figure that towered over her. As it-he, as he stood with his back to the moon, blocking it's light, Leah was unable to make out anything specific about him. Having been lost in thought and more-than-slightly flustered, Leah realised too late that the this boy, whoever he was, had been saying something. "What are you?" she muttered, under her breath, squinting up the figure looming over her.
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 1/21/2014, 10:19 pm

David laughed at the absurdity of the question. It took him a second to realize that he must be blocking the moon’s light creating a contrast that obscured his figure. He swapped his thoughts back towards the girl’s question.

“I’m a mortal, human, demigod, well technically a demititan, man of flesh and blood, whatever you prefer to call normal people. Though I could say that I’m a bioelectrical robot composed of oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, calcium, and phosphorus; might say a soul if you want to get philosophical. In any case, the end result is I, David Ambrose. Now, what exactly are you doing on the ground?” He asked the girl.

“Wait, nevermind, I can smell the alcohol; potent stuff. Doesn’t matter, you’ll get sick lying on the ground in this weather. Here, let me help you up.” He said extending his hand.

Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by Jules 1/23/2014, 2:36 pm

Leah blinked at the long winded explanation of the boy before her. Although she'd missed more than few of the words, she'd gotten the answer to her question from his voice and the fact that he hadn't ripped her to shreds yet, which suggested that he probably wasn't some kind of humanoid monster. Then again, one couldn't be too sure..he had just walked across the surface of the lake. Perhaps he's from one of the water god cabins? Leah mused, absently, distracted by the dull ache that was beginning to make itself felt near her temples.

She opened her mouth to speak, just as the bo- David, she mentally corrected, extended his hand to help her up. Leah was suddenly conscious of what a ridiculous sight she must make for. Lying among the reeds, completely soaked from the waist-down, wet mud caking her palms and bare legs. Biting her lip slightly to hide her growing embarrassment, Leah made to subtly wipe some of the mud off on her, now ruined, shorts before reaching out to take David's extended hand and pull herself up.

She needn't have bothered hiding her embarrassment however, no sooner than she was upright, Leah felt a sudden wave of vertigo and stumbled, nearly losing her footing on the soft, uneven ground. One hand automatically flew to her temple and it was a few seconds before Leah realised the fingers on her other hand were digging into David's palm, which is what had kept her from falling onto her butt again. She couldn't decide which was more embarrassing, continuing to hold on to the hand of a complete stranger or letting go and possibly falling in the mud again. Shaking her head slightly at herself, Leah exhaled in a small puff of air that rose up as mist, as she released her grip on David's palm and took a small step backwards. "Sorry about that.", she began slowly, conscious of how her voice sounded lower than usual, "I promise I dont usually require support to stand. Infact, standing is probably one of the things I'm best at. That and sitting. I'm amazing at sitting."
    Daniel
    Daniel
    Lead
    Grizzled Ancient
    Bittervet

Male

Post by Daniel 1/26/2014, 9:31 pm

SINCE KHZ HAS STOPPED POSTING. I"M ABANDONING GOOD BYE!

David’s hand stung as the girl’s nails sunk into him palm. Not enough to break the skin and draw blood but enough that the small pings of pain would become a minor annoyance if it persisted long enough. When she had released her grip, David, ever so slightly, ran a finger his palm to feel how deep the impressions that had been left were; deeper than he had thought.

“There’s not need to apologize, “said David whilst rubbing his hands in a vain attempt to accelerate the process of his skin retaking its former shape. “It was perfectly understandable. I’d personally figure out a more controlled environment in the future; group of friends or a private room; less likely to wander off. But that doesn’t matter now. So, what’s your name?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 7:48 am