A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Play Sign-Ups

kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female
    Number of posts : 630
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Play Sign-Ups  Empty Play Sign-Ups

Post by kayt smells 1/9/2014, 12:38 pm

Okay, sign ups for a CHB play. You have to audition for the parts (judged by roleplaying description) and the play will be:

The Tempest, by Shakespeare. There will be a twist though. After we get the play started something might go wrong (planned suprise) and you guys will have to switch to Improv! You will use your own characters to audition and they will be playing the part of Prospero or Caliban or whoever you get. I will provide you your script when you get your part. You do not have to post everyday, but try to post activly and in order until we get to the point of improv, then you can post whenever.

A bit of the Tempest:

Characters:

Prospero -  The play’s protagonist, and father of Miranda. Twelve years before the events of the play, Prospero was the duke of Milan. His brother, Antonio, in concert with Alonso, king of Naples, usurped him, forcing him to flee in a boat with his daughter. The honest lord Gonzalo aided Prospero in his escape. Prospero has spent his twelve years on the island refining the magic that gives him the power he needs to punish and forgive his enemies.

Miranda -  The daughter of Prospero, Miranda was brought to the island at an early age and has never seen any men other than her father and Caliban, though she dimly remembers being cared for by female servants as an infant. Because she has been sealed off from the world for so long, Miranda’s perceptions of other people tend to be naïve and non-judgmental. She is compassionate, generous, and loyal to her father.

Ariel -  Prospero’s spirit helper. Ariel is referred to throughout this SparkNote and in most criticism as “he,” but his gender and physical form are ambiguous. Rescued by Prospero from a long imprisonment at the hands of the witch Sycorax, Ariel is Prospero’s servant until Prospero decides to release him. He is mischievous and ubiquitous, able to traverse the length of the island in an instant and to change shapes at will. He carries out virtually every task that Prospero needs accomplished in the play.

Caliban -  Another of Prospero’s servants. Caliban, the son of the now-deceased witch Sycorax, acquainted Prospero with the island when Prospero arrived. Caliban believes that the island rightfully belongs to him and has been stolen by Prospero. His speech and behavior is sometimes coarse and brutal, as in his drunken scenes with Stephano and Trinculo. Sometimes eloquent and sensitive, as in his rebukes of Prospero and in his description of the eerie beauty of the island.

Ferdinand  -  Son and heir of Alonso. Ferdinand seems in some ways to be as pure and naïve as Miranda. He falls in love with her upon first sight and happily submits to servitude in order to win her father’s approval.

Alonso -  King of Naples and father of Ferdinand. Alonso aided Antonio in unseating Prospero as Duke of Milan twelve years before. As he appears in the play, however, he is acutely aware of the consequences of all his actions. He blames his decision to marry his daughter to the Prince of Tunis on the apparent death of his son. In addition, after the magical banquet, he regrets his role in the usurping of Prospero.

Antonio -  Prospero’s brother. Antonio quickly demonstrates that he is power-hungry and foolish. He persuades Sebastian to kill the sleeping Alonso. He then goes along with Sebastian’s absurd story about fending off lions when Gonzalo wakes up and catches Antonio and Sebastian with their swords drawn.

Sebastian -  Alonso’s brother. Like Antonio, he is both aggressive and cowardly. He is easily persuaded to kill his brother and he initiates the ridiculous story about lions when Gonzalo catches him with his sword drawn.

Gonzalo -  An old, honest lord, Gonzalo helped Prospero and Miranda to escape after Antonio usurped Prospero’s title. Gonzalo’s speeches provide an important commentary on the events of the play, as he remarks on the beauty of the island when the stranded party first lands, then on the desperation of Alonso after the magic banquet, and on the miracle of the reconciliation.

Trinculo & Stephano -  Trinculo, a jester, and Stephano, a drunken butler, are two minor members of the shipwrecked party. They provide a comic foil to the other, more powerful pairs of Prospero and Alonso and Antonio and Sebastian. Their drunken boasting and petty greed reflect and deflate the quarrels and power struggles of Prospero and the other noblemen.

Boatswain -  Appearing only in the first and last scenes, the Boatswain is vigorously good-natured. He seems competent and almost cheerful in the shipwreck scene, demanding practical help rather than weeping and praying. And he seems surprised but not stunned when he awakens from a long sleep at the end of the play.

There will be extra parts if you do not get the audition you like.

Minimum of 5 lines, or 10 long sentances
    Please No: He walked in. He then said "Hello."

Do more like: He walked in, with a bounce on his feet, he was excited for the audition. He then said, "Hello, my name is Victor. I am here for the audition for Alonso."

Example of Audition below:

Audition:

Thank you, and pm me about auditions and any questions you have, post below!!!

Last edited by Sushi on 1/9/2014, 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Play Sign-Ups  Empty Re: Play Sign-Ups

Post by Morgan Landry 1/9/2014, 1:19 pm

You should specify the nature of the event, how this is gonna work, where it is gonna happen, how people get to audition with their characters and so on.
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female

Post by kayt smells 1/9/2014, 1:47 pm

I was thinking at the dance floor, we can kinda use it as a stage.

Well I will give out scripts to people and after the first two acts we are going to switch to imrpov because something went wrong (planned by me) and then it is going to get very interesting.

Tha audition, an example of how you should audition.

Audition:

I have the parts that whoever is auditioning for who, gets the script they need to audition with.

The nature of the event is going to be humor, for they switch to improv a little after scene 2.
    hellaxya
    hellaxya

Male
    Number of posts : 471
    Registration date : 2013-05-22

Post by hellaxya 1/12/2014, 4:19 am

I think this is a great idea!

Post by Guest 1/12/2014, 12:10 pm

So when we audition we post down here? Sorry things phrased as "pm me about auditions and any questions you have, post below!!!"
    Do I pm the audition to you or post it?
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female

Post by kayt smells 1/12/2014, 11:24 pm

You PM the audition, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 10:45 am