A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

I Didn't Sign Up for This (p)

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

I Didn't Sign Up for This (p) Empty I Didn't Sign Up for This (p)

Post by Green 8/7/2017, 4:51 pm

First off, let it be known that Hezekiah wasn't excited about this little adventure with three of the novices of Brooklyn House. Apparently, since he was older than the others, Hezekiah should be the one to lead them. Fortunately, Hezekiah and the Kane's made a deal that if he do this, then he could decide on the mission.

"So, I've chosen you all because, well, you need experience in action." There was a clipboard in his hand. "Theodora Dambroise; follower of To-- Serqet, Jake Irvine; follower of Sobek," he paused and gave him a discreet check out before continuing the last one, "and last but not least, Ahn Jaehyun; follower or Ptah. Finally, someone who's god doesn't start with the letter 'S'." Hezekiah looked everyone over before crossing his arms over his chest. "So," he huffed, "what's everyone the best at?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

I Didn't Sign Up for This (p) Empty Re: I Didn't Sign Up for This (p)

Post by Morgan Landry 8/7/2017, 5:56 pm

All of us were gathered on the roof of Brooklyn House, staff and wand at the ready. In a few moments we would jump through the portal and come back out in Turin, Italy -- it was around half past 6 in NYC, so just after midnight over there.
    I stood next to Jake, my brown robes flickering in the early evening breeze. The sun made Manhattan's skyscrapers sparkle to our right. A few protective hieroglyphs were tattooed on my skin and my shirt had an image of Nefertiti under the caption "Yaaaassss queen!"

Hezekiah was the oldest and the most seasoned divine follower among us all, so logically he was our leader. He didn't seem too thrilled about it but maybe that was just his usual facial expression. I gritted my teeth a bit as he said my full name, but didn't complain or anything. Hopefully no-one noticed anyway.

"I can summon a plague of scorpions and heal stuff related to stings and venom," I said, crossing my arms. "I sometimes can do the combat avatar thing, though I wouldn't count on it, it doesn't last very long. And, I'm a cheese elementalist."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/7/2020, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Post by FinnsRainbow 8/8/2017, 7:41 am

Jaehyun stood in front of Hezekiah, the wind blowing against his back. A thick tangle of necklaces and amulets hung around his neck shimmering like a golden torrent. He wore brand new linen robes, plucked from his magic closet. Their cream colour complemented his skin tone quite well. His hair was styled into a wave, an ankh pendant on his ear. Like Theo, his eyes were lined with khol.

"I'm a sau," he told Hezekiah. "I got a fair number of amulets and shabti ready to help if things go south. I can charm rats too... if that somehow helps."

Everyone turned to Jake, who was spinning around his staff. He didn't seem bothered in the slightest when the group's attention zeroed in on him.

"I can put an entire can of Coke in my mouth," he grinned, giving them a thumbs up. "Oh and I'm pretty good at controlling water and doing a crocodile avatar. You know, in case we get into a bit of fistycuffs with security."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 8/9/2017, 5:13 am

I Didn't Sign Up for This (p) Image

Hezekiah listened to the three initials list what kind of magic they were good at. He knew that the point of this mission was to challenge them and also keep them alive. With a sigh, he unfolded his arms from over his cotton white tunic and jotted down some personal notes on the three. Though, the comment that Jake made about being able to stick a Coke can entirely into his mouth. That alone warrented some impure thoughts. Thanks for that.

"Here's how things are gonna go: Theo, you will be focusing on your scorpion charming. Ahr or whatever your name is, will focus on your...abilities of a,sau and last but not least, Jake." He paused for a bit and looked his notes over. "Focus on your crocodile avatar. I've heard that you can only hold that form for a few minutes so I want to know what you're fully capable of." Hezekiah looked over the batch of misfit magaicans and immediately felt his blood pressure start to rise.

"Any questions before I open this portal?"
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 8/9/2017, 4:06 pm

"My last name is Ahn, my first name is Jaehyun. Please try to remember," he said in a slightly colder tone. He wasn't accustomed to people lacking such basic manners.

"Crocodile warrior. I can do that." Jake gave him a big smile. "And nope, no more questions. Let's get going!" He was excited. This was his first mission! He'd never even properly used a portal before this, only heard stuff from the others. Apparently it was like a whirlwind of sand or something.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/11/2017, 2:21 pm

Taking a step back, I watched as Hezekiah started chanting. A few moments later the air shimmered and a swirling vortex of sand sparked into existence, hovering a few inches above the floor. Since I had trained with the House of Life since the age of ten and my parents were both magicians, the sight didn't surprise me. I only had that exciting little feeling in the pit of my gut that I was part of something secret and amazing -- a bit like a child who thinks he's the only one to know Clark Kent is Superman.

"Ciao losers," I said and jumped right through, engulfed by the vortex.

The portal spat me out on cold hard pavement. My eyelids clenched from the sudden change of scenery and I started getting up, slapping the sand out of my clothes. From the looks of it I was standing in a dimly lit street in front of a dark Sekhmet statue. Whereas the building in front of me wasn't that nice, the one behind me was vast and elegant, with a porch and a colonnade at the door. Another statue of Sekhmet stood to its left, holding an staff and an ankh.

OOC: I totally didn't look it up on street view
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 8/13/2017, 5:08 am

I Didn't Sign Up for This (p) Image
    Because Hezekiah as more experienced with using portals, he handed on his feet when they popped out on the other side. He turned around to look at his three mission mates and sighed.

"Amateurs." Hezekiah mumbled underneath his breath. What to do now? Well, that was simple: take the statue of Sekhmet with him back to the Brooklyn House and place it into the infirmary.

"How much do you want to bet that these statues are cursed with demons? Theo, Jaehyun. Show me what ya'll got."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 8/16/2017, 4:15 am

"What? Not fair, why do they get to kill evil statues and not me?"

"Cause we've trained with the House of Life since we were ten. Move, shrimp."

Jaehyun took one of the amulets from his neck and threw it at the ground. For long seconds nothing happened, then the amulet started growing, gaining volume, a bit like an inflating balloon, until finally they were face to face with a golden sniffer dog.

It immediately put its snout on the stone and started circling the statues looking for traps and enchantments. Suddenly a bolt of electricity shot from the statue and zapped it so hard it collapsed back into the amulet. "Dammit!" Jaehyun knelt next to the piece of jewelry. "That took me like, two weeks to make!"

"Uh, pal if I were you I'd step back from there."

"Huh?"

But then he saw it. A thick fog started emanating from the statues, creeping towards them in thick coils that didn't look good at all.

"Hold on. Are those...." Jaehyun narrowed his eyes. "Demons?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/21/2017, 4:07 pm

"You bet." I shrugged off my bag and stepped forward, wand and staff at the ready. The demons were just like I remembered from class: human bodies, mismatched head. This one had a giant knife jutting out of its collar whom his neighbour had a swinging mace. I hit my staff on the ground. "Camembert!" I shouted and a carpet of cheese covered the ground between us and them, deep enough to sink their ankles in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/19/2024, 10:07 am