A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Arrival at camp!

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Arrival at camp! Empty Arrival at camp!

Post by Holly 1/15/2014, 2:17 pm

The sleek hull of a sailboat softly cuts across the glassy water of Long Island sound, it's white paint flawless and smooth, the images of roses decorating the entire side, large, amazing murals. The name 'Sea Rose' marked the vessel, and the girl aboard had decorated every part of the boat, until she loved it. It was a mere twenty foot long craft, with a strong retractable keel and a billowing sail as it surfed along the waves towards the camp for demigods of all types, excluding the Romans.

Thorne, a child of the daughter of the harvest, Demeter, sat lazily on the wooden deck, the wood freshly stained and shined by the salty sea air of the Atlantic. Her red hair flowed behind her, a darker red than most redheads, but she liked it all the same, especially how it could flow when she was sailing. When at rest the locks of scarlet hair came down to her mid back, nice, long ,and flowing, just as she liked it. She didn't like, however how people insisted it was dyed when it really wasn't.

Her green eyes sparkled as she carefully examined her rose, well, one of the many roses she grew, and one of the many plants she cared for across the eastern sea board. She had been sailing for three days now, starting down from her home in Virginia beach, and coming all the way into New York, Long Island to be exact for camp. She had been going to camp for three years now, and loved it, ever since she was thirteen she had gone very summer to camp and made friends, as well as marvelous memories that she would cherish. Finally, her voyage was drawing to a close and she would be at camp, chatting with her cabin mates and enjoying the wonderful strawberry fields.

Sighing happily, she saw the familiar coastline of the sound, and pulled the rudder ever so slightly to the right to correct her angle, not wanting to scratch her own boat on one of the dangerous rocks in the shoals outside the island. She stood, checking her nails to make sure they were still the earthen green she adored and had painted on them last night. She absolutely hated being teased, and didn't want to give the snotty Aphrodite girls any more excuses to tease her then what they already had.

Thorne got twenty feet away from shore when she dropped the heavy anchor into the water, creating a splash, ripples moving away from the source, fish as well swimming away to the various nooks and crannies that they hid inside of. She knew she couldn't just leave her boat right off the coast, and once she had moved her stuff into her bunk she was planning on taking the sailboat to the local marina, North of the camp. She tossed the simple inflatable raft into the cool New England water, quickly dropping her bags into the lime green raft, before jumping into the water with a joyous shout.

The Barbados girl was wearing a white and light greened two piece bathing suit, not quite as showing as a normal bikini. Although Thorne liked an occasionally flirt, she was still conservative on her clothing and did not like to show much of herself, unless she was with her cabin mates or alone with the plants in the field. Now coated in the cool water, she took the rope connected to the raft into her hand and slowly swam to shore, pulling it behind her until she got to shore and pulled it out of the water.

Kneeling besides her bag, she opened it and began to withdraw some casual clothing, an orange camp shirt and perhaps some shorts to go along with it.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female
    Number of posts : 1835
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Arrival at camp! Empty Re: Arrival at camp!

Post by Amy Pond 1/15/2014, 3:20 pm

Fenellla lifted her head slightly, for the first time noticing the sleek sailboat floating in the waters. Sailing. Now that was a sport the daughter of Hecate couldn't see the point of. Her cousin in Scotland loved it, but she personally got seasick, and getting seasick was not the most impressive thing. Everybody had laughed.
    She banished that memory from her mind. Fenella was making her way at camp; she had made friends with the girls in cabin 10 right at the begining. They had been happy to befriend the tall, darked haired Brittish native, and Fenella had just been happy to get in with the popular crowd.

Now Fenella lept down from the rock she had been perching on, landing lightly on the heated sand. It was funny how warm Camp was in the winter, which was nice for the girls who liked the beach. At any rate, it was far better than England where it rained nonstop.

Fenella was dressed rather fashionably in a lavender tank top with dark blue jean shorts. She had left her heels on the rock, merely because wearing cute shoes had lost to breaking her ankles trying to walk in the sand. Some Aphrodite girl had done that last week, and now was stuck with a cast due to a rare allergy of Ambrosia.

Now she lightly stepped down the shore, heading towards the boat and the raft that was floating towards shore. She could just make out the shining red hair of the girl tugging it through the rippling ocean.Arriving just after the girl did, she stood beside her. Apparently, she had not noticed the slim demigod standing slightly off to the side since she made no acction towards socializing. Of course, Fenella knew that there was people like that atcamp; like the Khione girl who happened to be counselor. Fenella had always found that a bit weird, since she was fairly certain that counselors ought to be very good with newbies, and that girl was not.

Fenella was, on the other hand. She could give the impression of instantly liking a person even if she hated them right from the begining. She had ruthlessly bullied that Ares girl, who she towered over. That had been quite fun. Of course, the girl had taunted back, but that didn't matter.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/15/2014, 5:51 pm

Thorne had finished changing into some camp clothing, well sliding it over her bathing suit when she noticed the girl standing besides her, staring at her boat that was anchored out in the water. "Hello" she spoke, smiling as she stood up. Her words were not English though, but the Ancient Greek that all demigods learned, or had already learned. She smiled kindly, her red hair reflecting the brilliant sunlight around as she reached down and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Who are you?" She asked the other girl, not quite recognizing her from her previous years at the camp. She grinned, looking her over and noticing the dark clothing and a seemingly magical aura coming from her, and she could guess she was a child of Hecate.

Thorne smelled like nice salt water, mixed with the sweet smell of roses as she brushed her red hair, drops of water falling out and onto the sand as she did. Her green eyes twinkled, and she had a very big smile across her face as she began to hum. She would have sang, but she was trying to have a nice conversation with the girl beside her.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/15/2014, 9:00 pm

Fenella smiled and thought for a bit before responding a similar greeting in the same language. She wasn't particularly good at Ancient Greek, much to the exasperation of her teacher. At any rate, the Ancient greek sounded strange with her brittish accent.

Normally Fenella avoided giving out her name, since she really disliked it. Her second name was no better, so she generally didn't ever tell her victims who she was. She wasn't that popular yet, which worked to her advantage. Only now Fenella decided that she wanted an actual friend. Having a bunch of timid girls who were terrified of her was good to an extent, but she missed having an actual friend.

"Fenella Lovelace, daughter of Hecate. And you?" She said in english, since greek exasperated her. All of the different word forms were the worst.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/15/2014, 11:27 pm

Thorne grinned and remained with the Ancient Greek, scared to use her natural accent because of criticism. She wouldn't tell her full name, but she would do one better and give her the name she wanted to change to. "Thorne Rose, Child of Demeter" she pulled a rose out of her bag and handed it to her.

"So, how have you liked camp! I think it's brilliant! It's really fun for me, sailing here every summer and going home for school" she grinned and rubbed her arm lightly. She liked how this child of Hecate looked, and knew they would become great friends. "Do you prefer to travel in a certain way? I like anything with water. Trains and cars...ew! Pollution? It kills the earth!"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/16/2014, 3:40 pm

Thorne Rose... How fitting. Fenella thought while accepting the rose. She normally didn't associate with the members of cabin four, since they were generally a bit plant crazy. That and they always seemed to sense that she was a daughter of Hecate. The fact that Hecate had been on the evil side of the Titan war was also a bit frightening to most campers. They mainly were afraid of her siblings, who as a general rule were quite powerful. Fenella had next to no powers.

At any rate, Thorne seemed to be quite peppy and decent. Fenella had known girls like that back in England, and they had generally tagged along with whoever was nice to them. The kind that was genuinely surprised by the cruelty of some.

"Oh I love it!" She said, with a slight giggle that infuriated many. She could seem quite kind sometimes, with those cleverly disguised snubs that always were found out in the end. "I am so glad that I get to stay here fulltime."

Then Thorne mentioned that she hated pollution, typical for a Demeter kid. Fenella personally hated boats and was all for the luxury car that her father drove, rather her father's chauffeur drove. However, she did love the water and the beach.

"Oh! I've never really thought of it." She said, a bit untruthfullly.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/16/2014, 4:04 pm

Thorne smiled, already liking this girl. "Full time? That's awesome! I would stay here full time if I could, but I have school, and my friends and my job!" She grinned and dug into her pocket, pulling out her iPod and unlocking the screen, scrolling through her giant selection of music. "So, what music do you like? I prefer tropical, or stuff like Jimmy Buffet, or maybe a little bob marley here and there. Hendrix was ok, but eh..," she smiled.

All of a sudden a bird burst out of the boat and flew at Thorne, landing on top of her hair and flapping it's wings. It was obviously a parrot, and had a nice green color to it's body, with hints of blue all over. "Awk!" It called "Thorne wars a cracker!" Which caused Thorne to giggle.

"This is my pet parrot" she explained, letting the bird rest on her head. "her name is misty" she grinned and put her iPod back into her pocket.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/16/2014, 4:43 pm

Fenella was slightly surprised by the fact that she had an Ipod. She had a laptop, and her father had given her a phone, but she never used it. She had attracted some creature after trying to call a friend, which had not been good. Some Hecate girl had cleverly killed it, but Fenella had later sold her phone. She had gotten her laptop fixed so it wouldn't attract monsters, which was handy for online shopping.

She was about to reply when a bird flew up. Fenella was not an animal person, and birds annoyed her to no end. She only liked Susan, her black cat that didn't bother her too much. It had been a gift from her old nanny, and Fenella had not had the heart to put it up for adoption.

She smiled a bit faintly and said something along the lines of "What an nice bird!" It was a ridiculous thing to say, but she didn't care. Maybe the parrot would fly away.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/16/2014, 4:49 pm

Thorne nudged her parent, seeing the dislike of birds in her eyes. The parrot presently flew back to the boat and smiled at her. "So, want to walk with me into camp? I need to drop my stuff off then maybe we could go for a swim or something! Do you like volleyball? Or anything really?" She told her as she stretched her leg and fixed her hair, picking up her bags.

She was curious to know more about this girl, she was different than most of her siblings and rather, unique with all the demigods in the camp that she met. Thorne's eyes flashed a little as she watched the child of magic, noticing her fashion style and a few other phyiscal traits she displayed strongly. "Where are you from?"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/16/2014, 8:46 pm

Fenella felt a good bit of relief when the parrot flew away. She really did not like birds, since her only experience with the species was the birds that Susan brought back. She also hated dead things.

"That'd be great!" She said, smiling a real looking smile this time. It had taken about a year of practice, but she had perfected her smile. She would probably be a brilliant actress. "I just love how it's never to cold not to swim here."

After hearing Thorne's question, she tossed her hair from it's current position. "I hail from Great Britain." She said, putting an emphasis on her accent.

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/16/2014, 9:06 pm

"Ah! Mighty Britannia!" She bowed with a smile. "I haven't been o England before, but I was born in Barbados which was a British territory" she explained as she began to walk towards the valley. The wind blew off the sound and carried the sweet smell of the ocean as she kept walking with the child of magic.

She still hasn't switched from Greek though, she was afraid that she would be made fun of because of her accent so she didn't want to use English. "Do you like to dance? As you didn't answer my question about music, what was or I should say, is your favorite?"
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/17/2014, 6:19 pm

"Oh Barbados! I've been there before, with my dad." She said, calling up that memory. Her father had had some client there or something, and she had just wandered around all day. "It's quite lovely."

Whenever Fenella was home, she always played up a different accent. Here she was insanely British, while back home she always had so random American accent. The last time she had been back there she had tried of a New York accent, and that had not ended well. No one could understand a word she was saying.

"I dance some." She added, since she had briefly done dance in fifth grade. She had enjoyed it, quitting only because her friends had. "And as for music, I absolutely love Adele." Many of her Aphrodite friends were a bit confused about her music tastes, since they were pretty much all obessed with One Direction or whatever popular boy band. Fenella personally thought that they all sounded the same.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/17/2014, 6:37 pm

"Ah! Adele!" The child of Demeter grinne and instantly began to hum 'skyfall'. "She really is a great singer, I'll have to admit" she told her, still smiling. "I want to see her in concert, my dad even said he might get me tickets next time she comes by Virginia..." She paused and sniffed the sweet smell of strawberries. "I love camp....usually so peaceful and there is always one camper wantin to kill you, wel, I hope none want to kill me" She laughed, very friendly like.

"What's your favorite things to do around here?" SHe asked, swinging her bags onto her other shoulder as they kept going along the path. In a few
    Moments yet would be at her cabin.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/17/2014, 7:57 pm

Fenella was relieved that Thorne also liked Adele. She honestly hated it when she didn't agree with someone, aalthough she had strong opinions. A better way of putting it would be she hated it when people had their own opinions and didn't agree with her. As for seeing Adele sing, she had already done so. A birthday present from herfather.

"Me too." She said, in response to Thorne's remark about camp. It seemed like people were either scared of her, or plotting vengeance. Yet no one had actually tried to kill her yet. "I mostly hang with my friends at the beach and/or lake."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/17/2014, 8:01 pm

"Water" Thorne grinned. "You got to love it, it's so amazing....so, well, wet!" She giggle a little as they kept walking. "Do you think maybe later you would want to head back to the beach and swim? Maybe go into New York?" She grinned.

Thorne was enjoying the walk with this girl, as could already sense a bond between them, not much but still a bond.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/19/2014, 8:20 am

"That'd be fantastic!" Fenella replied, with a slight laigh. She'd survive the boat ride, and shopping in New York was totally fun. "I love New York. It's so much nicer than London." She had been to London quite a bit when she was younger.

They were coming up to the cabin courtyard now, and Cabin 4 was in sight. She personally hated her cabin, despite the fact that many people called it cool. She pretty much hated all the people in it, with their creepy magicky stuff.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/19/2014, 10:58 am

Thorne grinned and almost laughed. "New York is nicer than London?" She smed, impressed that she would say that as she put her bags right outside the cabin door. "Just wait right here, I need to throw the things on my couch and then we can go from there!@ Thorne grinned though, a little tired but she could manage.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/20/2014, 10:56 am

"It's waay nicer. Believe me." Fenella said with a laugh. She leaned up against the cabin's green walls, pushing a vine out of her way. The vine would not cooperate, and refused to stay moved. In the end, Fenella just moved. She was not in favor with this cabin.

She pulled a small mirror out of her pocket, touching up her wonderfully done make-up. She had learned from the Aphrodites, and she could nearly pass off as one. Of course, she had that pesky aura of magic that would not go away.

This was proved as a kid carrying flowerpots noticed her there. She stopped in her tracks, then ran, dropping the pots with a loud clattering noise.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/20/2014, 2:32 pm

Thorne frowned, noticing the shattered flower pots, the orange-red clay in shards across the grass. She would have to ask her siblings later about her new friend, even though almost no fact could away the friendship. "I'll be right back, alright?" Thorne grinned and walked into the cabin, running straight to her bunk.

Her bunk was up against the wall, the window open to let the light in, and shine upon the roses besides her bed. She tossed her bags onto the bed and grabbed her fishers hat, plopping it on her red hair before running back out to her friend. She would have to unpack later, but that was alright with her. Sometimes she didn't even unpack and slept under her bags. She grinned as she approached the child of magic. "So! Where to now?" She grinned.
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female

Post by Amy Pond 1/25/2014, 6:58 pm

Ooc: Sorry for posting late! I have been oddly social.

Bic:
    Fenella smiled very sweetly at the freaked out kid, who was running off acroos the courtyard. She had a feeling that Thorne would be upset about stuff like this, but she didn't particularly care. Thorne seemed to be nice by nature, so she'd probably think the best of everyone. Empathetic.

"New York!" She said, as Thorne ran out of the cabin. She had been thinking of stopping by Cabin Hecate, but she had everything she needed. Her father had gotten her a credit card for 'emergencies' and never bothered to make sure that she didn't waste money. It didn't really matter to him.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 1/26/2014, 5:09 pm

Thorne grinned and nodded. "Then lets go!" She eagerly grabbed her hand and began to basically drag her down to the street, and eventually to the city. She was really excited, she may of actually gotten a friend!

IOC; it's ok! Can you start the new topic?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 7:26 pm