A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A meeting in the game room. (Private)

Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1136
    Registration date : 2013-02-19

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Empty A meeting in the game room. (Private)

Post by Prophet 2/5/2014, 10:01 pm

I sat down in front of an Xbox and saw the Mass Effect copy. I made sure the hard drive was the right one. It sure was. I booted up my Shepard and sat back as I saw it load onto the Normandy. I checked my journal to recap on what I had done. I had only done the mission at Liara's dig site on Therum, like I thought. I went to talk to my crew, make sure I was keeping up. The only one I hadn't talked to was Liara, so it seemed. I decided to talk to her, and as usual, I went the Paragon route in the conversation. However, when she asked about her love for my Shepard, I decided to reject her. I was planning to romance Tali in Mass Effect 2. Oh well, maybe in my next play through as a female Shepard. After all, she was an option for both genders, being an Asari. I decided then to go back up to the CIC to go somewhere else in the galaxy. I saw locations for side missions, and then exited the galaxy map to check my side objectives. I saw the one I wanted to do and went to the location. I said to myself how fun and big I thought this game was.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Empty Re: A meeting in the game room. (Private)

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/5/2014, 10:47 pm

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Tumblr_m3pp6icpdr1r99f4t
    Emma found herself somehow in the game room. She had roamed the entirety of the main part of camp trying to find somewhere quiet, but no where was. Every time she found somewhere even slightly quiet, a bunch of people showed up, or he brother decided to be an annoying person, or it started to rain. Emma had never seen the game room before, but there was only one person there, so she was able to find an at least slightly corner. Emma pulled a book out of her bag and curled up against the wall to read. She kept getting distracted by the other person in the room, looking over at him. She didn't know what he was doing, so Emma kept trying to focus on her book.

Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Empty Re: A meeting in the game room. (Private)

Post by Prophet 2/5/2014, 11:10 pm

I saw the girl who had entered. She seemed to want to keep reading her book, so I left her alone for about half an hour as I played the mission UNC: Dead Scientists. Since my Shepard had the Sole Survivor background, there were significant dialogue changes, ones that made me care more and feel more pivotal while Corporal Toombs threatened Doctor Wayne. My choice was to convince Toombs to stand down and let Wayne be brought to trial. I asked the girl afterward, "Do you want to just focus on your book, or can I talk to you?"

OOC: Here is the conclusion of what Nico just played, if you're interested. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWhBe20a4Gs
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/6/2014, 9:43 pm

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Tumblr_m86h43pIw11rrsltx
    Emma had finally gotten the focus back on her book when suddenly the boy was talking. She jumped a little bit when his voice broke her focus. Emma didn't care about focusing, though. She had spent so much time trying to find somewhere to read, that she'd lost the interest in reading for now. Emma stuck her bookmark and looked up at the boy with a smile. "You are more than welcome to talk to me." Emma loved conversation, especially with someone new. She'd spent so much time only talking to her brothers Miles and her cousin Allison lately that she needed the new face.

Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/7/2014, 1:30 am

I said, "My name is Nico Calvi, son of Bastet. I'm an avid gamer. I'll be honest, I like video games so much I get replicas of stuff from them. I have some in my cabin. Your name is?" Honestly, I wanted to see where this would go. I wanted someone new to talk to than Jack or Jay. They were good, but variety was too.

Last edited by Prophet on 2/12/2014, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/11/2014, 7:08 pm

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Tumblr_m7cqivboX61rq9ghh
    Emma was caught off guard by the boy sharing so much information with her so fast. Most people at camp were secretive and you had to ask them for information. "I'm... um... I-" Oh great, now you sound like a genius. "I'm Emma Ryder, daughter of Zelos. I'm an avid athletic. My brother, well, half-brother, is a camper here, too. His name is Miles and he is son of Hypnos. My cousin is a camper too. Allison, daughter of Athena." Emma had always been an open book. She didn't care much about what people had to say about her. Of course, she wanted to be liked, but it wasn't the center of her world.

Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/12/2014, 10:00 am

I said to her, "Sounds like you've got a pretty good family here. My father is elsewhere, but sometimes I visit him. I'm only into one sport, soccer. Or football as it was called back in Italia. It's so popular in other places of the world for a reason, as I've found." I had an idea, "Let me go get one of the replicas I was talking about. I hurried over to my cabin, got my M8 Avenger assault rifle replica and headed back. I said, "Here it is. It's an M8 Avenger from Mass Effect 2 and 3. I'm playing the first game, actually." I started playing with it, aiming down the scope, pretending to fire as it made the firing sound. Then I stopped aiming and said, "So there it is for you."

OOC: This is what the M8 looks like:
    Spoiler:
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/16/2014, 6:03 pm

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Tumblr_m46y6cqvU11ql2gms
    Emma wasn't really into gaming, so she wasn't really accustomed to what Nico was doing. She just remained quiet, picking at her nails. It seemed like she was paying attention, but she was getting lost in her own thoughts. The thoughts stemmed from video games, of course. She didn't know much about the game Nico was playing, but Emma did know about heroes. Even if it wasn't a superhero game, all games had "heroes." Emma's favorite heroes were superheroes, though. Emma loved superheroes. When Nice finished talking, Emma smiled.

Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/18/2014, 5:37 pm

I kept pretending to fire for a moment before stopping and saying, "I find this game fun. Good storytelling that makes it feel personal and different in each play through. That's what makes this game unique." Then I muttered, "Until the third's horrible ending…but that's another thing about this. The creators, BioWare made an attempt to fix the problem. While it wasn't great, it was acceptable in my eyes. Others disagree." I said, "But I shouldn't get too far into that, otherwise I'll start ranting." I said, "You don't seem so into gaming. Maybe I could show you the ropes on a simple game, if you're interested."
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/25/2014, 8:34 pm

A meeting in the game room. (Private) Tumblr_m46y6cqvU11ql2gms
    Emma shrugged. She didn't really know what to say. She didn't not wanna play, but she didn't wanna stink. Her competitve ego wouldn't take that well. But, it'd be rude to say no. Emma smiled, trying to cover up her indifference. "Yeah, I'd love to." Emma stood up and smiled again.
    ooc: Sooooo short sorry
    Prophet
    Prophet
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Prophet 2/28/2014, 7:13 pm

OOC: It's okay. Here's a link to what I had in mind for the game they play, except there are four players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yQ0elvIms0

I decided that maybe it was time to play Halo. I asked, "You ever heard of Halo? Because that's a pretty simple game where learning it is relatively easy. Let's start it on the Campaign, play coop so you can learn the ropes. Then we'll move on afterward." I gave her a controller after signing in a profile and booted up Halo 4. I said, "Let's play then." I saw the menu, picked Campaign, and then split screen. I said, "Here goes…again, in my case."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 11:00 am