A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

True adventures of my life

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-20

True adventures of my life  Empty True adventures of my life

Post by Holly Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:26 pm

DISCLAIMER: The following has been compiled and recorded from actual events. Please note that some things will be looser than other, but you can pm me on things that you have questions about.

ADVENTURES IN OHIO

Some of you may already know this, but I once lived in Ohio for a few years before coming out to California where I am now. Before Ohio, I was on the eastern seaboard. Anyways, lets her onto the story. I'm gonna head right into the action. (Note, all names will be changed slightly, save one or two).

So, my friends and I like any boy who had access to fake/airsoft/nerf weaponry, we liked war, and we played 'War'. Electronics? No way! We were outside and in the dirt all we could. We built forts, we had fun....it was bliss all weekend and school was nothing for us. Girls? Hell no! Just us guys and no girlfriends allowed. Though the main story lay here, two forts that had been constructed before my arrival....

Along a thin strip of woods, made up of young trees and old bushes, honeysuckle and large rocks....was the best fort of the two. A pit in front to duck in and shoot from was covered in fence lattice and old plywood. The inside of the fort was reinforced with logs on the floor for traction, a tall tree: now snapped in half, was the lookout post. The name of this fort? Sparta!

Then across the road, up into enemy territory and along the ghost valley lay the other fort. This one, was quite larger but not as advanced. They had a fire pit, sure...but the ground was muddy, the terrain uneven, and large fallen trees separated them uniting all the clearings together. This fort? Prickly fort.

Those were the places you had to alliance to! Sparta or prickly fort? Well...Sparta for me, I favored the resources and weapons they had in their stash: it was quite unfair for the other guys...most wars. Though lets get into this story!

~~~~~

Long ago (5-6 years?), in a thin section of a deep forest, three brothers and a friendly redhead from nearby congregated together and created a path linking the two lands, but that was not enough: no, they needed a fort! A stronghold! And so it was made, Beckland. Beckland prospered, the brothers and the redhead linking together and creating baseball fields, football land, and basketball courts in the driveways! All was good, and they even went to the drummers across the roads and drafted him and the demon to join the squad. However, as in all promising forts...there is always a rival. (To the north, how ironic...)

The Rees, Chri, and Scott tribes soon heard of the grand fortune in Beckland and swore to take the fertile land and add it together to each of their own! However, they were weak alone. They joined together into the brotherhood of the clearing and went to the west, drafting the hunter and Caleb, promising warriors and scouts. They went to the east and acquired the hokie, and even farther to confront the great and powerful king Andrew!

There was a neutral party however: stuck between Beckland and the brotherhood was the small tribe of Noah and Jonah, each wishing to remain neutral and participate in the sports alone. They were in strategic land, and plots began on all fronts.... Then came an unexpected mercenary.

From south of Beckland came Jos, a ruthless mercenary who tore through the land, destroying all it could. Stealing backlands supplies, robbing the brotherhood of weapons....he meant to be evil, and he was. With Beckland blaming his dastardly deeds on the brotherhood, and vice versa: war was set and the shots were to be fired. The brotherhood made the first move though...when jos took the football cup! (Literally...a cup with footballs on it, but eh. This was before me).

With their army on the move, the brotherhood sent Rees and Scott to attack in the unexpected creek valley of the other, aided by the tactical support of hunter, his RPG more powerful than the handguns the brotherhood was limited too. Soon enough, they were poised...and struck!

~~~
    If you would like more, please tell me...I'm barely into the story :) and the conspiracies only get deeper!

Last edited by Zachattac on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total

True adventures of my life  Empty Re: True adventures of my life

Post by Guest Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:24 am

I like this. It reminds me of my summer volunteer babysitting. Girls are princesses and witches and cats and Boys are knights, and lucky one boy gets to be Satan. But also of my backyard, thick forests and forts and dens and a river. I'd like to see more :)
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly Tue May 20, 2014 7:19 pm

So the first war began; Hunter, Rees, and Scott against the alliance of Beckland. It was a costly war on both sides, for Beckland lost much of it's Northern land, losing everything north of the pillbox while they claimed domination of the southern territories, adding the marksmen Noah to their kingdom. However the real power was King Andrew, the tall man with an iron will and weapon. His rule with his sisters aid easily allowed him to learn of the enemies weaknesses. This war lasted months where both sides fought with savage tactics, no rules among them. It seemed as if this Great War would never end...until the challenge came. It was the time of March madness when a choice was made-a tournament to decide who would become the rulers of east and west. Inspired by the NCAA brackets, they made their own bracket to decide the whom would be champion.

The tournament began smoothly, each fight planned on even ground with fair weapons. (Actually it was basically a H.O.R.S.E. tournament...) Crowd favorites were clear among the king, Ryan, eldest of the three brothers, and Chri. The tournament lasted many days, enduring the hot sun on pavement, until only four left standing in a shoot out. Who would win such an epic battle? Andrew defended his kingdom with furious anger, while Ryan and the marksmen Noah also tried to win this fight to end the war. The last of the four, Chri, was easily dismissed and so soon was Noah.

Now Andrew and Ryan, claimed rightful rulers departed to either kingdom where the realm entered a large time of peace-but not for long. Evil never sleeps for long, and soon a plot was hatched to assassinate the king. Chri turned to his older brother, Ben, for help and with the aid of Rees and scot, the plan was made. During the games of bases, which Andrew played in, they set out to take the kingdom from him. They succeeded as well, and Andrew fell. His large eastern kingdom now lay in the hands of Ben. His plans were sly and slow, but all good things come to those who wait.

Repairing the forts was a hard matter, and even easy repairs lasted long months until they could be completed. Eventually, the forts were fixed to what they were before, and sports claimed interests, replacing the war and the argument with competition. That is, until a new man entered the realm, from a land beyond the coal-filled mountains, from the heart of the woods of holly.

The tribe of Zach entered the realms now, and with him brought potential for whomever could claim alliance with him first. So enter, the age of expansion.
    ---
    Again, any comments or questions are greatly appreciated!!

---

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 7:28 pm

This is great!
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly Wed May 21, 2014 9:20 am

I am now switching to a first person styled view, as now I have entered the games. It took me several months from arriving in this new land to make contact, first with the brothers and Noah, who invited me to join in such games of football. It was an unsteady alliance, as my ideals did not match theirs. As we finished a sport one day, sitting on the deck of King Ryan's home, I learned of the rival to the east, Ben and his rising kingdom. Asking me to investigate, as I was new and could be 'trusted'.

Preparing to the east was easy, as we had not advanced to clever espionage and devious tactics. Then we knew one thing, and that was the straight forward approach. I was not prepared for something though, and it came like a white storm. Winter had come, and hard. The snow fell and the outposts were assembled from ice. Guns were loaded as Ben knew that it was time to attack. I had arrived on the brink if war to the eastern lands. Offering my help, I began to aid them in the construction of the forts-although implanting strategic weak points as well.

And so it was, torn on both fronts as the snowballs flew and the guns fired, surprising Beckland with such a sudden approach. It was in this first battle that I realized I could do much more....

I was standing besides the brothers and the redhead, as my home was close to theirs, holding the rifle I had been given to fight off the 'savages' as Ben was nicknames. Snow fell and forts crumbled as we rushed to load our weapons. The flags whipped in the wind, my back against the icy wall as I struggled with my gloves, yanking them off to reload. It was cold as hell, the fallen bodies of my friends nearby while we were slowly surrounded by Rees and Chri, as well as Scott. Those three pressed against our fort, while Ben manned the mortar, hurling the snowballs from afar. It was a loss for I, as I took their shots to the head and chest, plastered with snow by the time I dragged myself out of the ruined fort. It would not be the end though!

The war was horrible for Beckland though, we had lost the armory and the palace, forced to the garage of the redhead. If that wasn't even enough, we had begun to fight against ourselves...ending a chance of victory. Terms of surrender were created, and signed. Beckland had been disbanded, and now Ben ruled: but there was a loophole. As I fought for Ben, I did not need to sign the surrender, and therefore could act upon myself. The next fight would not be so easy, for the birth of the M96 was now in process.

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 1:04 pm

Zach why are you so adorable d@mn it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:36 pm