A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Olexiy Voss - Lethe

Tony Stark
    Tony Stark

Female
    Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2014-05-02

Olexiy Voss - Lethe Empty Olexiy Voss - Lethe

Post by Tony Stark 5/4/2014, 1:53 pm

Name: Olexiy Voss - Goes by Lex, or occasionally Xi (pronounced zee)

Mortal Parent: Fedir Voss, a man who caught the attention of Lethe with his scientific career in medical research. He was oblivious to the fact that his love was a goddess, only knowing her human form. He stayed with her when Lex and his twin, Maksim, were born, but left to get her a glass of water and upon coming back, found she was nowhere to be seen. He was a kind, supportive father, but was often gone because of his demanding job. The twins always called him Batko, and still do when referring to him. When Fedir was gone, they were taken care of by their grandmother, Ilya Voss, whom they referred to as Babushka.

God Parent: Lethe, the underworld goddess of the river of oblivion/forgetfulness

Date of Birth: May 29, 1998

Place of Birth: Odessa, Ukraine

Hometown/Last Residence: Odessa, Ukraine // New York, New York

Race/ethnicity: Ukrainian

Accent: He has a Ukrainian lilt to his voice. An example of this would be with the word 'hell'. Instead of pronouncing it 'hehll', he usually says something that sounds more like 'haell'.

Skin Tone: A light tan, with an olive skin tone

Eye Color: Heterochromatic, thanks to an incident involving angry men and brass knuckles. His left eye is dark blue and his right eye, the injured one, is a lighter, stormy blue.

Hair Color: A dull, medium shade of brown. It hasn't been dyed, and will remain that way.

Hair Length: 2 1/2 inches (short and curly - he tends to push it up and back, out of his face)

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 97 lbs.

Body Type: Lean, and not well-muscled. He has a small, nimble structure instead of a big and/or strong one, but it's also somewhat flimsy.

Appearance: Lex likes to wear sunglasses at all times, to shield his right eye. He usually doesn't take the sunglasses off, even inside, unless he deems it dark enough. He has sharper features, with a clean jawline and jutting cheekbones. His hair folds up and back in an almost gelled style, and he has a singular, tiny scar over his lip. It's hard to see, but rather long, crossing from the top of his lip down to his chin. He has thick eyebrows and a tendency to wear short-sleeved shirts and flexible pants. He's also a little short for his age, and underweight. His body looks rather scuffed up, littered with a manner of scars and partially healed scabs. Upon close inspection, he has acne scars along his cheeks.

Weapon: Lex has a slim and straight sword, disguised as a pack of gum. He can unsheathe his blade by pulling out a stick in said packet of gum. He calls it Vona. Vona is fashioned like a Schiavona sword, complete with a basket hilt for hand protection, and made of Stygian iron. The blade reaches out 32 inches, while the entire sword is about 37 1/2 inches long. It's good for both stabbing and slashing.

Armor: It has to be light for maximum movement and agility, which is what Lex mainly relies on. Chest and back plating, shoulder plating, light plating around his hips, and heavy-duty gloves are all he really wants. He doesn't like helmets, but will wear them because of their importance (but has a bad habit of taking it off when he thinks it's safe enough). He also converts a sunglasses lens into an eyepatch of sorts in order to keep both eyes working at maximum capacity. If the lens were to be removed, fighting would become more difficult, but certainly not impossible. He didn't make the patch, so if it were to be broken, he wouldn't be able to fix it.

Pet(s): None

Skills/Talents: Lex is good at walking on his toes, which is good for sneaking around. He's also not bad at socializing. // He's talented specifically with gymnastics. He has a naturally flexible body and excellent sense of balance.

Flaws: The aforementioned injury to his eye can cause some issues, especially with bright lights and focusing - often messing up aiming capabilities (with a bow and arrow, for example). He's also overprotective, impulsive, and never knows how to handle complicated or stressful situations, usually leading to him saying the wrong thing. Birth defects are also an issue with him. He's shorter than the average teenager, and a little weaker as well.

Strengths: He's fast on his feet, and good at dodging blows most of the time. He has a strong facade he can put on to help others stay strong. He's exceedingly loyal to those he cares about.

Weaknesses: Strength is not big with Lex. He can't pack very much of a punch, and heavily relies on being able to avoid most blows. This, as expected, does not always work out for him. He has a need for image, and can't stand looking 'weak' in front of others, be it friend or foe. Thus, when confronted with a complicated or stressful situation where he feels the need to put on his facade of normalcy, he usually snaps unnecessarily, says something exceedingly rude, or makes a comment phrased in a way he didn't mean it in, but refuses to apologize for because he's afraid for his image. He's also often seen as a jerk because of this.

Likes: Chocolate, roller-coaster rides, swimming, training, friends, family

Dislikes: People touching his head, people touching his hair, people simply touching him to annoy him, jump-scares, the fragility of the human condition

Fears: Claustrophobic in small and/or crowded spaces // Falling

Personality: He acts cocky and sure of himself, often flashing a grin that promises trouble. Lex is friendly, but almost to the point of patronizing, and he doesn't accept help unless it's offered up to him. However, once you get through his rough barrier, he'll still act cocky, but almost less so. He becomes less patronizing and more protective, showing that he cares but never daring to outright state it. He's smug, and he's brash, but he cares. It just doesn't seem like that all the time.

Powers: He can force a state of forgetfulness upon someone that lasts about a week. If he's focusing on one person, he can make them forget up to a day (though this leaves him very drained after). If he's focusing on two people, he can make both forget up to 12 hours (and this has the same toll of exhaustion). Three forget 5 hours, four forget 2 hours, and five, the maximum he can manage, forget only twenty minutes. If he uses his power to its full extent, it takes two days to 'recharge', and he becomes too tired to really do anything after. Running isn't an option, and if fleeing is necessary, he becomes more of a liability and probably needs to be carried, so using all of his energy in tense situations usually isn't a good idea. Also, if he uses his powers and they're resisted, it still takes the same amount of energy from him.

Social Status: Lex is seen as a semi-popular kind of guy.

Summer or Year Rounder: Year Rounder. Babushka has a hard time supporting herself, let alone two teenage twins.

Years at Camp: 0

Life Before CHB: Lex always seemed to get into petty fights when he was younger. Maksim would jump in and help his little brother, but Lex often got scuffed up, and when their father came home, he would help patch up the twins. At thirteen, Lethe claimed the two, but nobody knew what it meant, so they ignored it for the moment. Life remained normal. Two years later, a satyr came to collect the two and very briefly explained the gods complex and gifted the two with weapons, saying he would return the following day to guide them to Camp Half-Blood. However, the following day, the satyr was killed in an uprising against Putin, and the boys noticed monsters for the first time. As the situation in Ukraine continued to deteriorate, Fedir sent both of his sons off to America, knowing that they needed to get somewhere safer. Fedir himself stayed, needing his job and the income that came with it, but Ilya joined them. The trio headed to the Mykolaiv airport and set off to America, twins determined to find this 'Camp Half-Blood'. Ilya moved to New York City while the two boys attempted to find the camp, but they often ran out of money, and they were unsuccessful in their pursuit. Eventually, they gave up and moved into New York to find their grandmother. Monsters appeared much more frequently after they learned of their mother, and especially increased once the two moved to America. The brothers simply settled into the roll of monster slaying.

Role-playing Example: I sit up, stretching. Sunlight peeks in from the filthy apartment window, and I wince, grabbing blindly for my sunglasses. My hand finally comes across the shades, and I shove them onto my nose. My eye is still irritated, probably red already, but I'm used to it. I'd wear sunglasses when I slept if I didn't fight in my sleep. I hate dreams.
    I swing my feet over the edge of the thin mattress, bed squealing with the sudden movement, and I grab Vona from beneath my pillow. Babushka is already up, probably scraping something together. I allow my usual mischievous grin to grace my features, feeling my lips strain slightly around the long scar on them. She's probably getting the bread out of the oven now. I casually saunter into the kitchen.

Notes: Lex has a twin brother named Maksim. Maksim is the elder by two hours, and they share an empathy link.

Maksim also has a habit of calling Lex 'Lexi', which Lex acts as though he hates (especially because it's a girl's name), but, in reality, Lex is rather fond of it. Lex calls Maksim 'Kimi' in return.

Lex has vivid dreams almost every night, thanks to the river Lethe flowing right by the god of dreams's cave.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Olexiy Voss - Lethe Empty Re: Olexiy Voss - Lethe

Post by Steve Rogers 5/9/2014, 7:50 pm

Approved. You will be awarded 865 drachmas. At some point.

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 7:28 am