A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Showing Off Like a Pro

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Showing Off Like a Pro - Page 2 Empty Re: Showing Off Like a Pro

Post by beanie 8/7/2014, 5:53 pm

You've got a smile that will light up this whole town

With out you, tomorrow wouldn't be worth the wait and yesterday wouldn't be worth remembering.

"Sure." And with that, Hunter stalked over to the dummy, ambrosia pocketed. He started hacking and slashing the dummy, causing Niamh to bite her lip, watching him intently. He was so much better than her, no wonder he was helping her. If they were to spar, he'd crush her.

"Ya are good." Niamh stated, getting up so she was standing right next to him.

OOC: i apologize if there is anything weird in this sorry not sorry

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Post by kayla 8/7/2014, 7:00 pm

"Ya are good." Hunter was broken out of his concentration by those three words. He was shocked since he was so caught up in it that he forgot where he was for a second. He blushed, embarrassed that he was so into it and accidentally dropped his daggers. Recollecting them and turning to face Niamh.

"Thanks," He said scratching his head.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/7/2014, 8:25 pm

With out you, tomorrow wouldn't be worth the wait and yesterday wouldn't be worth remembering.

Niamh could see the blush on Hunter's face, she managed to keep her giggles down for that but her giggles escaped when his daggers fell to the ground. Butterfingers. she thought with a smile.

"Ya very welcome. Do ya think ya can show me how to use one of those?" She asked, motioning to his daggers.

OOC: shortyshortshort

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/7/2014, 10:06 pm

"Ya very welcome. Do ya think ya can show me how to use one of those?" He heard Niamh ask and he tilted his head a little in confusion until he nodded and threw up his dagger a little and caught it, pinching the backs of the blade to hold it as he offered it to her.

"Sure but what about your hand?" Hunter asked.

OOC: The struggle to write long posts is real
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/8/2014, 8:05 am

Hinter outstretched his dagger to her and Niamh smiled a quick "thanks" before looking down at the dagger. It was made of the same celestial bronze as her sword but practically everyone's weapon was. It was small though.

"I'll use ma other hand." She answered, getting a firm grip on the handle.

OOC: it's very great.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/8/2014, 6:25 pm

"I'll use ma other hand." Niamh replied simply as she took his weapon in her own hand and got a firm grip. He smiled, not really knowing why, and practically bounced around as he fiddled with the dagger that he had. This one was Roscoe, he recalled. He could tell the two apart by the color string that was wrapped around the base of the blade. Red was Roscoe, blue was Figero. The string was actually bracelets that his little sister gave to him before he left Florida and he felt that he'd be stronger in battle with a little piece of his family by his side.

"Alrighty," Hunter chirped. "Daggers are better if you have two so they have a dual purpose and don't have to depend on one blade like a sword since they're smaller and such. But if you have one then they're also good for throwing, like knives."

He demonstrated by throwing his dagger out of instinct. It impaled the dummy in the chest, a couple inches further away from the heart where he wanted it to go. "Usually in combat just one dagger isn't very effective, well at least to me since I like to have backup, unless you get a longer one that's basically a small sword. The blades on mine's are two feet long so they're almost like your sword."

OOC: i have managed two paragraphs TT^TT success
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/9/2014, 1:20 pm

Niamh payed very close attention to Hunter, watching as he talked about daggers and how he threw the dagger right at the dummy. Her blue-green eyes went wide when it impaled the dummy in the chest, pretty impressive. Her face practically showed her amazement.

"Not bad, Mr. Hunter. I'm not nearly as good, since I'm usin' ma left." She warned him, backing up and getting into a throwing position. When she let go of the dagger, it sailed right to the dummy, striking it in the arm. Woah.

"How was dat?" The blonde asked, turning back to Hunter.

OOC: yay! *claps*

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/10/2014, 1:10 am

"For using your non-dominant hand and not really having much experience with throwing blades, or so I'm guessing, your a natural." Hunter complimented as he nudged her with his shoulder, sporting an easy grin. Even he wasn't that good when he had started, he kept missing the dummy and it always ended up on the ground or accidentally hit some other kid. At first when he started using daggers he had instantly regretted it and wanted to switch for a sword instead since swords seemed easier to use. Daggers were hard for him to master at first since during that time he spurted and had a growth spurt and since he wasn't used to being tall, he always tripped over his two feet which made it impossible for him to be fast or agile.

Throwing the daggers was his second option and when he tried to practice that: like he said earlier, it was hard. It always seemed to hit an Ares kid and he'd often get beat up by older kids. Word to the wise for his next life? Practice in a secluded area. Hunter went over to the dummy and took his two daggers out of it, handing Roscoe to Niamh and keeping Figero for himself.

"Close combat's a good weapon to use too when you have a dagger, know any moves?"

OOC:

Hunter: Or I can show you some movies ;D

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN HARDYHARHAR ok i'm stopping now
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/10/2014, 7:08 am

The one that Hunter gave her this time had a red string wrapped around the handle, not blue. Niamh found it pretty, stroking it with her thumb while she listened to Hunter speak.

"Close combat's a good weapon to use too when you have a dagger, know any moves?" Niamh tried her best to zone out that one. No, she barely leaves camp unless its to visit her family and she gets lucky by not getting attacked. Moves? Yeah no.

"Nah, like I said, not dat good. Maybe ya can show me a couple moves." The blonde said hopefully.

OOC: get. out. XD

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/11/2014, 7:26 pm

"Nah, like I said, not dat good. Maybe ya can show me a couple moves." Hunter had to keep his snicker in, he found that kind of funny but mostly because it reminded him a lot of his old neighborhood in Brooklyn. Whenever he was trying to avoid his auntie, which was always, he always hung out near the park where lots of other girls his age tried to flirt with him (although being the little prick he was, he always reciprocated). There was this one time too when one girl said that when he brought out his skateboard and when Niamh said that, it reminded him a lot of that.

"Sure," He quipped with a little smirk he couldn't contain. "But there are different types of ways someone can fight. Since I'm not all that Hulk, I mostly rely on speed and agility. Another good one's by evading. You look like you can dodge attacks."

Although he said evading, what he really meant by evading was more like misdirecting the opponent's attacks and using their power against them. Like the Kyoshi Warriors in Avatar: The Last Airbender.

OOC: Nu
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/11/2014, 7:48 pm

"Sure," The smirk on Hunter's face confused Niamh. Was that a stupid question? Or weird? She had slot of questions in her mind but she chose to listen to what Hunter was blabbing on about.

"I guess I'm more agile than strong." Niamh admitted, grinning a silly smile. Maybe she should shut her mouth for right now.

OOC: no, just. get. out XD

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/11/2014, 11:12 pm

"I guess I'm more agile than strong." The son of Hermes cocked an eyebrow at that. Gods, if she was one of his half siblings they'd be able to turn everything she was saying into flirtatious remarks. That'd make a great laugh. Even though she was a daughter of Aphrodite, he wasn't sure if Niamh would appreciate all that right now. He had to bite his tongue from saying anything stupid even though the stupid grin on his face could've made him look eerily suspicious.

"Oh really? Should we put that to a test?" Hunter asked teasingly, bordering on the line of flirting and playful banter as he stepped closer to her with an impish smile.

OOC: oh gods i feel like its really easy to tease niamh right now and hunter's most likely just dying to not teach her some moves, battle wise i mean, totally battle wise im not ashamed of anything nope not at all
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/12/2014, 7:40 am

Okay, what was going on here? Hunter's making the weirdest faces whenever Niamh says something. It's just strange and Niamh sworn she was going to go bonkers if she doesn't figure out why.

"Oh really? Should we put that to a test?" She could hear the flirting tone in Hunter's voice as he stepped closer, diminishing the space in between them. Niamh couldn't help but blush, looking up to meet his gaze. They were really close, Niamh had to put her hands on his chest to push him back a couple of inches.

"What kind of test?" She asked playfully, flirting back.

OOC: XD

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/12/2014, 3:17 pm

He put his hands up in the air in a surrender like motion when Niamh pushed him back though he was still sporting a grin. "What kind of test?" She asked playfully and deemed that to be reciprocating the flirting he had just put out there. He wanted to flirt some more but she seemed to be refusing any close contact with him and he respected that and wouldn't want her to be uncomfortable. But oh gods, she was just too easy to tease. Him being a somewhat mischievous son of Hermes didn't help either.

"How about I try to attack you and you dodge? It's not like I'm actually going to try to hurt you or anything, just think about me going in for a hug and you dodge my attempts to hug you." Hunter suggested, putting his daggers away.

beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/12/2014, 5:08 pm

"How about I try to attack you and you dodge." A giant hug was what she thought it as. Niamh handed Hunter back his dagger, getting in the balls of her feet, like Hunter said.

"Okay, though your hugs aren't so good." She teased, winking at him.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/12/2014, 10:22 pm

"Boo. That hurts Niamh," Hunter pouted with a feign look of hurt as he placed a hand over his heart and clutched his shirt. He broke out of his little act with a smile and winked back at the girl as he took the dagger she handed back to him and tucked it in his belt.

"Then all the more reason to dodge." He smirked as he lunged towards her out of nowhere with arms outstretched. He was sure this would make a funny meme with the words: LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUUUU.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/13/2014, 6:34 pm

sometimes you gotta fall before you fly
    pic credit goes to jo

The look on Hunter's face was priceless and for a second Niamh wished she had her camera. I mean, he did wink back at her so he obviously knew that she was joking. He just made a big deal that made her laugh
    Hunter started to lunge at her with his arms wide open. She giggled, dodging swiftly to the side.

"Gotta be quicker than that." The blonde giggled even more.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/14/2014, 12:07 am

Hunter laughed a little when Niamh easily dodged his hug. He hadn't expect for her to be that nimble and swift. "Gotta be quicker than that." The blonde giggled even more.

"I'll try my best." He smiled. Maybe his arms were slowing him down. He let his arms drop to his side so it didn't look like he was trying to hug her anymore. He sprung at the daughter of Aphrodite with his hands behind him so they didn't slow his movements, he feigned going to come at her from the left and moved quickly to the right.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 10:25 am

pic credit goes to jo

Laughter continued to fill the air, with Niamh giggling and Hunter laughing. Hmmm...Niamh could get better if she continued to train with Hunter, he made it fun. Plus, she'd need to keep training if she wanted to go out of camp more often, like when Hunter suggested they go to see the Northern Lights.

This time, Hunter lunged at her with his arms behind his back. Niamh saw him going left so she dodged right but Hunter was coming right at her, bumping into her slightly. Faker. Niamh was forced to throw her arms around him in a hug so she didn't fall back.

"Ya got me." She breathed out, very conscious at how close they were.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/15/2014, 12:14 am

Hunter had nearly tripped and would've fallen on top of Niamh, sending the two of them to the ground, if she hadn't grabbed onto him and he was able to regain balance. Though they were still very close. He could practically feel the blonde's breath on his skin. Just the thought made him shudder and he didn't know whether it was a good reaction or a bad one. With the daughter of Aphrodite, his thoughts were always scrambled.

"I guess I did." He replied with just the same tone she had which was mostly breathless. Gods her eyes were stunning. His cheeks flushed and he cleared his throat a bit as he let go of her where his hands had caught on her back to support her. He distanced himself by stepping a few feet back and scratched the back of his head. Why did he do that so much anyway? Okay be cool Hunter, be cool.

"But then again, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book: feigning." He winked cheekily. "It's where you fake by pretending to go one way but actually going to the other where you anticipate your opponent to go to after you faked one move."

beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 10:05 am

pic credit goes to jo

Hunter seemed as flustered as Niamh, his cheeks equally as pink as hers. Their closeness gave Niamh the sudden urge to kiss him, as strange as it sounds. Here she is, wishing to kiss the boy that she had told not to.
    But Hunter let go of her back and distanced herself from him, scratching the back of his neck (he seems to have a habit of that). Niamh pouted at the distance.

"But then again, it's one of the oldest tricks in the book: feigning." Niamh blushed when he winked. "It's where you fake by pretending to go one way but actually going to the other where you anticipate your opponent to go to after you faked one move."
    Niamh wasn't the least bit interested in learning how to fight anymore, this date was going great, but Niamh had a hunch that Hunter might be a little more focused on fighting than the fact they're actually ona date. Note to self; next time, no dates in the arena.

"Hunter, come 'ere." Nimah said.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/15/2014, 3:37 pm

"Hunter, come 'ere." Nimah demanded all of a sudden. The boy in question perked his head up and immediately went over to the younger demigod like an obedient puppy, puppy eyes included.

"Yeah?" He asked a little eager. Gods, he was glad he wasn't a dog or else his tail would be wagging. Come to think of it maybe he could pass for one. She looked a bit disinterested in what he just said about the feign but really he didn't care about talking about fighting all that much either. He was a terrible and awkward teacher no doubt about it and couldn't really explain it as much as it made sense to him.

He should've just asked her out to a picnic or on an actual date outside of camp. Gods he was an idiot. This dating thing was hard. He could handle random bits of flirting but when it came to dating he was such a noob. No wonder he's never had a girlfriend.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 4:27 pm

pic credit goes to jo

"Yeah?" Hunter said and Niamh could hear the eager tone in his voice. Niamh giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck again. She enjoyed the closeness, getting closer to Hunter's face. It wasn't long before she smashed her lips against his, pulling him closer. She kissed him a couple times, not caring about the PDA happening. There wasn't really anyone around anyway, everyone pretty much left. After a minute or two, Niamh pulled away, giving Hunter one last peck, arms still wrapped around his neck.

"Wanna do somethin' else?" She asked in a hopeful and sing-song voice.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/15/2014, 4:52 pm

His eyes widened just a fraction when Niamh got closer to him, eventually wrapping her arms around his neck, and when Hunter was about to ask what she was going to do her lips crashed onto his. Out of reflex, his hand held her waist as he kissed her back, lips moving against lips. He wondered what her sudden change of mind was of the kissing in public. He wanted to put his hands in her hair but refrained from doing that when she pulled back before giving him one last peck. He was sure his face was flushed and he was a bit out of breath from the lack of air that was used up all in that kiss. "Wanna do somethin' else?" She asked teasingly and in a sing song tune.

"Like what?" Hunter asked as he cleared his throat to stop it from sounding so . . . breathless. He noticed that Niamh was the one who initiated most of their kisses and stuff. He had better up his game but on the other hand he also liked it when she started it.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 8:05 pm

pic credit goes to jo

Biamh giggled even more at the red covering Hunter's face really did catch him by surprise, it was so cute that he was all breathless from kissing her back.

"Like what?" Hunter asked, still a little breathless. Niamh smiled, walking her fingers across his shoulders.

"I dunno. What do ya wanna do?" She asked, faking an innocent tone while giving him puppy dog eyes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 7:20 am