A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus  Empty jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus

Post by beanie 8/10/2014, 7:51 am

jai li parker- daughter of hephaestus
    We’ve been picking up the pieces Leaving all the dust behind. Sick of all the pressure you’re just wasting time. And I don’t ever wanna know what it feels like to be a shadow of myself and I don’t ever wanna come back down from this feeling. What makes you think that you know what’s better for me. And I don’t think you wanna see what’s underneath your made up version of me

Name: Jai Li. Want my full name? Jia Li Alsoomse Donoma Parker. Basically, its a mix of different Chinese and Cherokee names. Jia Li means good and beautiful, which I find ironic considering my appearance and my personailty. Alsoomse means independent and Donoma means sight of sun. Most of my friends call me Jaylee, cause its like a mashup of my first name.
    Gender: Uh, are you blind?.....If you are, I'm a female and I've never played for the other team, if you know what I mean.
    Mortal Parent: All I ever knew about my mom was through my grandparents. Her name's Mei Parker and the last time I saw a picture of her, I have to admit, we look nothing alike. Maybe I was adopted.
    Anyway, what I now is that she dropped me off at my grandparents house after I was born. Pretty heartless, if you should ask me.
    Mortal Family:
    -Ben Parker, age 69, grandpa.
    -Fei Parker, age 65, grandma.
    -Judy Parker, age 49, aunt.
    -Adan Parker, age 19, cousin.
    -Adam Parker, age 10, cousin.
    God Parent: Hephaestus, god of metalworking, building, sculpture, and artistry. I never even knew he was my dad till I was 8. Before, I thought my dads name was Keith and met my mom after he fixed her car. Then out came me! And then he left.
    Date of Birth: July 17th, 1997, which makes me 17. One more year than I'm an adult.
    Place of Birth: My birth certificate says Indiana so I'm just going to roll with that.
    Hometown/Last Residence: Texas, more specific, a two bedroom house right in the middle of Houston.
    Race/ethnicity: On my grandpa's side, I come from American and Cherokee descendant but one my grandma's side I come from Chinese descendant.
    Accent: I'd say I don't have an accent but some people say that when I talk I have a touch of Southern, which I find weird. To me, I just have a deep and raspy voice, pretty deep for a girl.
    Skin Tone: I have a light tan, which is pretty tan for a girl who pretty much never goes outside.
    Eye Color: A nice forest green, which my aunt says is always filled with glee. I don't see it.
    Hair Color: A mix between dark brown and black, theres always one streak in my hair a reserved to dye a different color, whether its red or purple or anything else.
    Hair Length: Long enough to go past my shoulders but not long enough to reach my elbows.
    Height: Sadly, I'm very short for my age. I'm only 5'5, but I'll probably grow more.
    Weight: 106 lbs
    Body Type: Scrawny, you can literally see my ribs through my chest. I don't eat much.
    Appearance: When I look in the mirror, I find my appearance very unappealing. Normally, girls are like "I'm the prettiest girl in the world" but I don't find myself very pretty. My heads too narrow, my cheeks caved in. There are bags underneath my narrow eyes cause I don't get much sleep, I'm always up all night. My nose is flat and lips thin lips are always chapped. My hands are rough, my fingernails caked in mud and dirt. When I look down, all I see are flabby arms and legs. It looks like someone stuck toothpicks onto my body.
    My clothing style is nothing cute or girly. Skirts, dresses, high heels, makeup, yeah thats not my style. I prefer jeans, khakis, shorts, flannel shirts, plain tees, bandana's, leather jackets, and hiking boots. More comfortable.
    Weapon: I'm not much of a fighter but if threatened, I'm not afraid to knock some skulls off. The only weapons I have is my dual daggers, both made of celestial bronze. Name, well, I call them φωτιά and μετάλλων, or Fire and Metal in English. Both are 7 inches, easy to use.
    Armor: I dont have any armor, I just use whatever's given to me.
    Pet(s): Yes, three to be exact.
    My Pets:
    -Bucky's the one on the left. He's a lab and the oldest, 3 years. He's a lazy one, never really running around or playing.
    -Perry's the one in the middle. He's a Yorkishire Terrier and the youngest, 6 months, and the smallest but he's the most energetic.
    -Chole's the one on the right. She's a alb as well and the middle of them, 1 year. She's a spoiled one.
    Every time I go to camp, I bring one with me while the other two stay with my grandparents.
    Skills/Talents:
    +I'm pretty nifty with electronics, like DVR's, computer's, phones. My grandpa's a mechanic so he taught me how to fix cars, mostly old ones, and motorcycles. Adan taught me how to hot wire a car though and how to ride and perform tricks on a motorcycle.
    +Forging, what else!
    +I guess I'm okay at sports, except for swimming, I'm not the most graceful swimmer.
    +I'm a nerd/geek (yes, I can say that about me) and I pretty much enjoy video games and science, mostly earth science.
    Flaws: Flaws, what flaws?....Pffft, yeah right.
    -I ramble when I get nervous. And I mean, a looooooot.
    -My grandma says this but according to her, I misuse bravery for stupidness and I do a lot of crazy things that get me into trouble or hurt.
    -I can be a bit oblivious to other people's feelings, like I once told this joke and it hurt Adam's feelings. He ended up crying.
    -Call me anti-social bit I'd rather forge than talk to people. Well, the people in my cabin don't bug me that much.
    -I have this birth mark that wraps around my wrist, kind've like a bracelet you can't take off.
    Strengths:
    +I'm not Ares kid strong but I can lift my own weights.
    +When I was little I had a terrible voice but now I can actually carry a tune.
    Weaknesses:
    -I have two left feet, so I'm clumsy and uncoordinated.
    -I once tried to do a bridge, turns out I'm as flexible as a pretzel.
    +science
    +star wars
    +orange
    +motor oil
    +motorcycles
    +tools
    +electronics
    +camping
    +family
    Dislikes:
    -pink
    -indoor camping, like in cabins instead of tents.
    -crowds
    -libraries, they're too quiet for my taste.
    -The Khione cabin (the fears part will explain)
    -overbearing parents
    Fears: Don't tell anyone but....I have Pagophobia, which is the fear of ice and frost.
    Personality: I'm a giant, carefree girl! Most of the time I have the best attitude, an incredible sense of humor, and best confidence. Its better for me to not have anything to worry about, no responsibilities or rules. If I'm stressed or angry, big mood swing and I'm the complete opposite, bad attitude, no sense of humor, and will curl up in my shell. Though I am socially awkward, like I don't talk to people much. I'm a great girl, aren't I?
    Powers:
    ∆ Technokinesis- I can talk to machines through my mind, which really helps. Like, I was once watching tv and I lost the remote and I was too lazy to get up and look, so I was like "ugh, I wanna change the channel to watch the Star Wars marathon on channel 10." and next thing I know, the channels switch and I'm watching the Star Wars marathon with my popcorn. But I can only use my power 4 times a day and the longest I've used it without getting a headache was for 10 minutes and have to wait 60 minutes in between.
    ∆ Metal Bending- You know Toph from Avatar? Well, I can bend or move metal like she can with the wave of my hand. The biggest amount of metal I can handle would probably be 10 lbs of it and I've never chuckled it anybody but it hurts me so I'd say it's harmful, I sometimes get cuts just by touching it. I can make little sculptures in the air, its actually pretty fun. I can maybe do this for 23 minutes without fainting and have to wait 100 minutes in between and can do this 3 times a day.
    Social Status: I don't talk to many people but I'm not a friendless loser. I'm well liked but I ain't no popular barbie-wannabie. Like, barbies are popular but why do you have to buy her friends?
    Summer or Year Rounder: I only come in the summer, I stay with my grandparents during the school year.
    Years at Camp: 9 years.
    Life Before Camp:  So you wanna know more about my life, well okay. I'm not that interesting.
    My grandma told me that 2 months after I was born, my mom left me on their doorstep wrapped up in a blanket in a small basket. I was crying and my mom was no where to be seen. After that, my mom disappeared off the face of the earth and my grandparents became my legal guardians.
    Before I went to school, my grandpa used to take me to his work shop while he works. I remember always saying the same thing over and over again.

"Grandpa, the machine talked!" He would laugh, kneel down to my height, ruffle my hair, and say the same thing.

"You have such an active imagination Keezheekoni." That was his little nickname for me. I always loved it.
    My grandma didn't like me playing in Grandpa's workshop. She wanted me to be nice and calm like her. I love my grandma, but if she wanted me to be like her, she shouldn't have let me play with my cousins. Adan and Adam are the same as me, though maybe even more crazy.

School wasn't the best. I was pretty much as normal until a saytr broke into my school when a fury broke in as well. He told my parents how I was demigod and they thought it was safest for me to go to CHB.

I was claimed a month after I came. It was so weird, a hammer over my head for a while until it vanished. Some demigods were glaring at me cause we were eating and they were jealous cause they weren't claimed either.
    Role-playing Example: Oh god, I'm so late. Everyones gonna kill me, especially since I have what we need.
    Oh, your probably wondering whats going on. Well, for starters, its Saturday. Its also the day of a big meteor shower. My friends and I, we're camping out to watch it. Instead of waiting for the meteor's to pass, we're using fiber optics from the telescope we're using so we can watch it on a portable screen. And I have the fiber optics so we can't watch until I get there.
    It was cold for a Texas night, so I was wearing my old pair of brown hiking boots, old Rolling Stones t-shirt, dark blue skinny jeans, and gray sweatshirt. My hair was tied back in a black bandana and my old backpack was overfilled (and heavy!) and slung over my shoulders.

"Its about time you got here Jaylee." My cousin Adan said once I got there. Lets see....Adan and Michael are setting up the lawn chairs, Fin and Thomas are pitching the tents, and Ingrid's on her computer, probably checking where the meteor's are at the moment. I was huffing by the time I handed Adan the fiber optics. It takes a while to run here from my house.

"Grandma was giving me a hard time." I told him, plopping myself down on the lawn chair next to Ingrid.

"What was it this time?" Ingrid asked, pushing her glasses up to look at me.

"Ugh, I dont wanna talk about it." I groaned, just as Adan finally set everything up. Fin and Thomas joined us, sitting on the floor in front while Michael sat down next to Ingrid (I swear, he has a crush on her). Adan was adjusting the screen.

"Everyone shush." He told us while sitting sown next to me. This was going to be sweet! Most people just watch the shower from their home but its more fun to watch it while camping, its more fun in person. This is probably the 5th time we've done this together and on the rare occasions we invite Adam, though he falls asleep before its done.

"How many do you think they'l be this time?" I whispered to Ingrid. All she did was shrug.

"SHHH!" Looks like they heard me. I'm too loud.

Notes:
    -I find her like me in some bit so when I rp with her its either in first person or third person.
    -faceclaim- Malese Jow
    -word count-  2118 words (2058 without the original 60)

Last edited by punkademic on 8/14/2014, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus  Empty Re: jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/14/2014, 7:12 am

I find it so cool when people write character forms in first person. I think I will try it one day, but I'm so used to third person.

She must have some kind of accent, because there are thousands of different accents in America.

Her clothing style should be included in Appearance. It's just an advice, as it would probably be better in terms of detailing.

Pyrokinesis isn't allowed anymore, sorry. It's a very rare power and we assume that only Leo Valdez has it.

What is the biggest amount of metal that she can bend per time? Can it be harmful or used like a weapon?
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus  Empty Re: jia li parker, daughter of hephaestus

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 8:14 am

edited
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 8/14/2014, 10:53 am

Ok. She is not suposed to throw a piece of metal at somebody's head or hurt somebody defenseless using her bending, ok? Because that would be power playing and unfair.

Approved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 10:56 am