A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Path through the Commons

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Path through the Commons Empty Path through the Commons

Post by Kendall 8/24/2014, 2:50 pm

Ugh. Well, this was uneventful.

Stella was sitting on the side of the path through the commons area, leaning her back against a large tree trunk situated several feet away from the sandy dirt and footprints plaguing the otherwise pristine area. There was nothing for her to do here: she didn't feel like harassing people that much today (strangely enough), she barely had any friends to talk to aside from her cabin-mates, and... yeah. It was a sad, sad day. She didn't feel too bad about not having that many friends, but the boring days were usually felt so long, like they were dragging themselves to last for what felt like a year.

Head tilted upwards, she was looking up at the sky and idly twirling her finger in the air, creating swirls of clouds over thirty feet above her head in the sky. Another cloud floated nearby, but it was moving in a sort of bouncy motion, and one could distinctly see the face of a very large dog at one end -- wispy cloud tongue hanging out of its mouth, ears twitching as it gazed around at all the wonderful little cloud thingies its master was making. What a cutie-pie.

Playing fetch earlier today with Cirrus had been interesting, in its own way -- he'd almost grabbed somebody's caduceus instead of the large stick she had hurled, but the victim couldn't really physically hurt him too much. He was a cloud dog, after all.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Path through the Commons Empty Re: Path through the Commons

Post by Holly 8/24/2014, 5:02 pm

Andria walked through the common areas, head held high as she looked around and took more of the people around her. Her long blonde hair hung loosely down her back, lightly settling on her skirt and shirt as she tried to find someone to talk to. Eliza had been subdued by her defeat a few days prior, and Charlotte rarely showed anyways.

With a grin she noticed Stella, the powerful demititan and walked over to her, waving kindly before opening her mouth to speak. "Hello Stella!" She smiled, blue eyes shining with joy.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/24/2014, 6:29 pm

Stella paused for a second and looked away from her clouds, at the person speaking -- and immediately scowled before turning back to the sky, where Cirrus was happily chasing a new cloud around. Who was this girl and why did she want to die right now?

"What d'you want?" the demititan asked coldly, redirecting Cirrus's cloud to the north with a wave of her hand. He rumbled and went after it, head ducked down low and tongue wagging in excitement, legs extending from the main mass of his body to swat at it as he went. Stella stretched her legs before looking back at the girl with a critical eye -- no weapons out yet, at least. "If you're here to get revenge for anybody, take a hike while I'm not in the mood; next time I'll be sure to hang your corpse up on a flagpole."

Last edited by Kendall on 8/24/2014, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/24/2014, 10:02 pm

Andria grinned and twirled her brown hair "no, I'm not here for revenge or anything, I wanted to make an aquantence with such a legend! I mean, your a rare demititan with the skills and powers to be the best ever! Your epic if I can say so myself" she smiled and twirled her hair nervously. "It doesn't look like your busy either....maybe we could chat? Or hang out or something?"

OOC: how could Stella tell so easily? Eliza is brunette, dark eyes, American accent, no makeup, rude and carries weapons everywhere. Andria is kind, wears make up, Libyan accent, no weapons and all.

Last edited by Zachattac on 8/25/2014, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/28/2014, 7:22 pm

[ooc: Sorry for the late reply; I hadn't realized that you edited.]

Stella frowned at the sky and then took a longer look at the girl: she looked familiar, sure, but she couldn't remember exactly where she'd seen her before. Probably somebody who'd happened to slip into her field of vision once or twice whenever she was just flying around doing nothing. Definitely not somebody who looked like a threat, however small.

"Uh-huh," she muttered, eyes back on the sky. Cirrus was scratching himself furiously -- cloud fleas? Did those exist? Honestly, Ouranos should have left her a manual to taking care of cloud dogs; she remembered distinctly suffering through him pee-raining on everything in her cabin when she'd first found him outside her cabin so many years ago. It was just regular water, though, but that didn't change how annoyed her cabin-mates had gotten at all their wet stuff or how he'd run around and rained on her a few times when she took him out for walks/drifting.

After a few moments of drifting, Stella gave the girl a curious side-look. She was slightly flattered at the compliments, but something told her that there was something off about this girl -- not something dangerous. Just off. "You're... you want to chat with me. Without me trying to kill you. Are you okay? Did you get hit by a Hecate kid spell? Were you dared?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/29/2014, 9:34 pm

"I'm perfectly fine thank you, no I wasn't cursed by a child of magic and also, no, I was not dared, why? Does a person really need to be dared or cursed to speak to you? If so, that's not right....I mean, yes your powerful, yes you can kill me now without blinking, yes you can beat in me about everything ranging from combat to brute strength, but still, your a person as much as I, right?" Angela told her as she sat down nearby...well, leaned against one of the structures since there wasn't anywhere to sit besides where Stella was sitting.

She had stopped twirling her hair, not as nervous as before as she looked at the demititan opposite her and smiled kindly. "My names Andria" she offered.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/30/2014, 6:00 pm

This was... a strange situation. Very strange. Cirrus seemed to sense it too, because he had stopped to watch the two from his position in the air, floating westward with the natural wind's course. He caught himself after a few moments, though, and moved back over to get a clear look at his master and this new girl.

"Uhm, yes. Okay." Stella squinted at this 'Andria' girl, scanning her face for more details -- it really was familiar. More familiar than somebody she'd only seen once or twice with a sudden glance, anyway. This girl's whole demeanor was odd; nobody willingly talked to the demititan like this if they knew who she was, and nobody tried to act this friendly with her with that prior knowledge, either. The girl was flattering her well, at least, so Stella certainly couldn't say she disliked her yet -- but that could easily be a bunch of lies, so she waited for a moment, frowning, before saying: "Well, okay then. Are you sure I haven't somehow met you before? Harassed one of your friends?"
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/30/2014, 10:15 pm

Andria tapped her chin in thought and then looked back at her "you've more than likely harassed one of my friends, I have a lot in the camp, so there is a high chance that you've done such a thing to someone I know, as for meeting me before...perhaps we've spoken at the dining hall, passed in the bathrooms, maybe at an arena or capture the flag, I'm not sure but I've been around camp for a while" she explained and watched her.

She remained quiet after that and waited for her response.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/31/2014, 5:16 pm

"Have you?" Stella frowned, folding her legs pretzel-style to make herself more comfortable on the grass there. "I've definitely never spoken to you; if I have, I probably tried to kill you."

Yes, she could see it now: Andria was definitely familiar, but not in a I-talked-to-you-once way. Her voice didn't match any voices Stella could remember hearing, and it was true that if she had talked to her before, the demititan would have tried to kill her. She was calmer about it these days, at least, so she had periods where she was too lazy to try lifting a finger unless attacked first -- maybe that was...? No. No, that wasn't it. Maybe they had passed each other, or maybe not.

"How long have you been in camp? Do you leave it sometimes?" Stella asked her, rubbing her chin in thought. Cirrus was overhead, doing little flips in mid-air and barking, like a loud excited thunderclap up close.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/31/2014, 6:51 pm

Andria sat down across from her, keeping her knees underneath of her as she spoke with the demititan. "I've been coming to camp for a long time, but ever since the rebellion in Libya, I haven't left camp that much....I've gone to the public Long Island beaches and down to Washington DC and up to niagra falls, once I went to Olympus" she told her, touches of her exotic Libyan/northern African accent showing in her voice.

"Do you ever go places? I mean besides sending campers to the infirmary and the morgue with your bad@$$ powers of course!" Andria grinned.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/31/2014, 7:47 pm

Well, this girl was certainly well-traveled. Stella didn't go out very far from camp, mainly because she was too lazy to teleport so far with her own powers -- there would also be the chance that she didn't concentrate hard enough, so she ended in some location a bit off from where she had intended due to some changing wind course or whatever. Stupid wind gods. They probably didn't like her -- Boreas, Aeolus, whomever else still existed. She usually had a fun time cancelling out their kids' powers, because they could and would never top Stella's own; the looks on their faces were, very often, priceless.

"I only go around New York," Stella replied lazily, "maybe the tri-state area. And around Kansas, whenever I go back home to tornado valley. New York City, mainly, though, because it's close and I can wander without some demigod hoping for revenge following me -- lot more difficult for people to follow you through New York." She paused, frowning when she remembered that girl from several days ago: the one with the mace. What a wannabe. She looked like one of those demigods who would come after her again, if she got a chance -- but Stella would make sure she beat her again. And again. And again. Fighting came naturally to her; she could take her and a bunch of other people on at once using her wind powers. Such was the benefit of being a demititan. "'course, I can't always get away from that. Some idiot tried to attack me a few days ago, and then there was some other idiot a few months back. I beat their asses to Hades and back, though, so that was sort of fun."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 8/31/2014, 8:32 pm

"I'm guessing that more people want to kill you then be friends with you, which explains why you asked if I was cursed or dared, but I'm sure there are some who want to be your friend, like me" andria smiled a little at her to show her kindness. "I don't have any powers...just advanced hearing is all, but it's not like that's gonna come into any use in fighting, unless I have to hear someone clanking down the path in heavy armor, but just about all of us can do that, you know?" She chuckled and messed with the grass at her feet.

"Your cloud dog up there...." She looked up at the sky and grinned "it's really cool! I mean, most people have dogs or cats or sometimes a parrot like this girl I know from the Demeter cabin, but a cloud dog? You've got to be the only one in the whole world with a pet as cool as that!" She exclaimed and looked back at Stella. "How long have you had it? What's it's name?" She asked as she took a moment to hear a group of those superficial Aphrodite girls pass around them towards their own Barbie house of a cabin.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 8/31/2014, 11:23 pm

This girl was... overly cheerful. Like Tempest. Stella didn't find such cheerfulness odd with her youngest sister, since little girls her age tended to be so, but... Andria looked to be over the age of sixteen. If she was this cheerful, then she might have had either a very good life or her personality was unbreakable. It would be admirable, at least, but Stella's own cynicism forbade her from considering it truly so. Andria would find something that would crush the optimism out of her someday; the Fates were like that with everyone.

But, to get back to the conversation: Stella had zoned out for several moments, gazing up at Cirrus, only hearing about snatches of what Andria was saying. Something about her having 'advanced' hearing (it sounded like that advanced darkness thing from Spongebob), about her wanting to be the demititan's friend. The only things that fully registered were the questions about Cirrus.

"Mhm...." Stella yawned and frowned up at the dog. "I've had Cirrus for, say.... Six years? Eight? At most ten. Found him outside my cabin one day and he rain-peed all over everything in the cabin. He's a sweetheart, though -- accidentally zaps people with lightning sometimes still, but he knows how to do it on command. Won't kill people in one shot like I'd want, of course, but still."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/1/2014, 12:03 am

"Well, even if cirrus won't kill people, having a cloud dog that is practically intangible, which can be used to shock people, that's pretty awesome!" She grinned happily and waved up to the clouds before looking back over at Stella. She wanted to make friends with the demititan, partly to annoy Eliza, her other personality, but also because she found Stella cool! When in New York, she had lended strategy to Eliza but seeing how easily Stella had won, she now had a greater image of respect for the girl.

"What's the weapon that you choose?" She asked as she messed with her own hair again first, slightly nervous, but this was still a neutral conversation, at the moment that was.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/2/2014, 5:29 pm

"Like... what I normally use?" Why was this girl being so nosy? Seriously. Stella always used a sword, the same as almost sixty percent of the other campers around here, with maybe a few knives or daggers thrown in for some variety. She used to have those two Chinese needle things, but they were fairly boring now; she only used them for throwing practice when she was in a lazy mood. "A sword. Just a sword." Granted, it was a sword that could help her direct her wind powers better, but Andria didn't need to know that, did she? Couldn't give away all her secrets, could she?

Stella twirled her finger in the air, creating a wisp of a cloud up by Cirrus's head. He barked and twisted himself mid-air, legs extending to fly back and swat at it from a distance, tail wagging.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/5/2014, 12:07 am

"I prefer knives over the typical longer sword. With knives I can get in closer, move faster with te lighter weapons, but be able to throw one, and then still have a weapon" she chuckled but sighed "of course, in a fight with you, if it would so happen I'm betting you can disarm, knock me out, and kill me perhaps before I can even draw my weapon! Your like, super powerful! At least that's what the legends about you say..."

She chuckled and rubbed her arm nervously. "You wouldn't just attack someone out of nowhere, like while casually speaking to you?"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/5/2014, 3:56 pm

"Oh sweetie, that's one of the reasons why I've such a bad reputation around here. People can't stand the idea of killing people while they're distracted and defenseless." Stella was staring dreamily up at the sky, watching Cirrus play up there. It had been far too long since her very first kill -- she couldn't recall the exact details, but she could remember that she was young, at the time maybe a little younger than Aidan currently was.

Had her first kill been the satyr who brought her to camp, when she was ten?

.... Technically not. She had remembered an incident where she had lost control of a tornado and it had destroyed some places in a town several miles away from her home -- Stella's mother had talked about those "poor families, losing their homes," but the demititan wasn't sure if she had heard of deaths or not. She could only confirm that her first direct and deliberate kill was her satyr, whom she had blasted into a wall a little too hard with her wind. Something like that, anyway.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/5/2014, 5:36 pm

"I see....andria replied slowly, Charlotte, her fear and shyness attempting to poke through to the surface of her emotions, but she would not allow and contained her fear, remaining calm and composed. "So, obviously demititans like yourself and your cabin mates (wicked cabin by the way) are more powerful that us normal demigods, but what about the big three?" She asked, curious about just how powerful Stella was, even though she had technically seen a sample of her power firsthand back in New York.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/5/2014, 10:16 pm

"Big Three kids still have nothing on us," the demititan replied haughtily, glancing back at Andria. The girl looked slightly uncomfortable now; Stella relished in her ability to intimidate people so easily, it always helped when they got so angry during a fight that they'd start making sloppy mistakes that she could easily exploit. If she could remember properly, she had talked to Percy Jackson once, but if she had ever fought him she couldn't recall. It probably wouldn't have been a memorable fight; the idiot apparently got some power boost during one of his last quests or whatever. "The major three demititans -- me, Chris Shay, David Ambrose -- we could wipe the floor with any of the Big Three kids, maybe even all of them at once, unless there's some stupid damn prophecy saying one of them will defeat us or they've got an actual god sitting there defending them." She snorted derisively and continued on: "They need the Oracle to dictate every damn victory for them. Otherwise they've got nothing going for them.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/9/2014, 6:13 pm

Andria nodded "so you see a flaw in the normal demigods because they need a message from the oracle, that Rachel girl in order to do something memorable?" She asked, watching the demititan with ease, but with the same expression in her eyes as if she had been placed in a room with a nuclear bomb, and any movement could set it off. Or perhaps in a sea of sharks... Stella was powerful, she could almost feel her power glowing off of her like a powerful aura, which it was.

OOC: sorry for the delay, didn't see you had posted
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/9/2014, 10:33 pm

"Of course. Otherwise all they'd do is sit around here and try not to piss a god off. I prefer to have my own destiny play out, not have some freak blast it out to me." Stella had never personally met the new Oracle, but that was probably for the better; she would not have hesitated to antagonize her. All the girl was was some mortal blessed by Apollo -- that was it. Without him and the Fates she would have merely been some puny, annoying girl who could see through the Mist.

It was a similar situation with the regular demigods: they relied too much on special treatment by the gods, in the form of prophecies or presents or personal meetings, in order to feel validated as special, even though just existing as half-god was special in itself. The demititans (or, at least, Stella) sought to break away from that, to forge their own paths through life with little aid from the gods who had spited and destroyed their Titan parents, as well as avoid becoming too concerned with validation by recognition from the gods. Stella had always felt that she was special -- nobody needed to tell her that. If the gods recognized her she had not intentionally tried to catch their attention -- all she would have done was exist.

[ooc: It's perfectly fine.]
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/9/2014, 11:26 pm

She nodded and looked at her "your a lot nicer and calmer than I honestly thought.....I mean your not like the hulk, you know, big and mean and smashing, but your really nice...at least at this present moment. I mean I don't want to insult you or anything but talking to you is like talking to an explosive bioweapon, or at least a giant thunderstorm, with lots of lightning." She told her and looked down "sorry if I insulted you" she whispered and looked back at her "I'm not meaning to make you upset or make you as an enemy, I would rather you be my friend, but you know, it's what you have to say, you make the final choices and all, as a higher power"
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/11/2014, 3:20 pm

Stella almost snorted at the very thought: the Hulk raging through camp, smashing cabins and probably trying to fling any person or spirit in his way into the ocean if they got in his way. She was definitely no Hulk -- she was a million times more level-headed than that guy, even when she got angry and decided that there was no reason to remain calm and not send out hurricane-level winds at whomever decided to piss her off.

"I've talked to storm spirits, they're not very interesting or powerful," the demititan told Andria, yawning. The conversation was getting a bit dull now; all it was was Andria trying to kiss up to her, flatter her. Stella suspected some ulterior motive to this whole thing. "Not sure why you want to be my friend; I've tried to kill all of them at least once or twice and then usually we stop being friends, so there's that. But I'm not offended; I usually am camp's number one internal enemy, and it's nice to be acknowledged that I am. Makes me feel like the people at camp do know a thing or two."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/11/2014, 9:14 pm

She smiled "well, maybe us lesser beings do" she stood up and smiled "I have to go now, I need to get to one of my classes, but I'll see you around!" She smiled and stood, rubbing her dagger that was on her belt before starting to walk away. The dagger was the same that Eliza had used a few weeks prior in New York, although this one wasn't as dull, or dirty. Perhaps it was a strange coincidence, perhaps not as andria began to walk off.

OOC: after this one she meets Charlotte?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 9/12/2014, 4:34 pm

Frowning, Stella watched the other girl leave, still sitting on the grass with her legs stretched out before her. Strange. She definitely was familiar -- and the demititan seemed to recognize that weapon, too, although she couldn't place where she had ever seen it or its owner. This was so... frustrating.

Snorting, she stood up and dusted off the back of her shorts before glancing up at the sky, where the giant cloud dog was currently doing loops mid-air around a frightened bird. "Cirrus!" The cloud snapped to attention, letting the poor little bird fly off squawking in fright from its little encounter, and stared at his owner intently, floating through the air with the breeze; waving to him, Stella began to walk away from the commons area's path, followed closely by Cirrus, walking about twenty feet above her now.

[ooc: Yeah, sure, that works. Where would she be/go?]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 10:30 pm