A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Swear to shut up if you swear to listen

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Swear to shut up if you swear to listen Empty Swear to shut up if you swear to listen

Post by beanie 8/25/2014, 1:32 pm

I'm the narrator and this is just the prologue

Eve hated to get bored, espically when she can't entertain herself by herself. She had tried to play her trumpet but she ended up getting kicked out of the music room. It wasn't her fault, she didn't know that the Apollo kids were having their own jam session, but that didn't matter. She found something better to do. Take a nice little walk through the forest.
    And I know what your thinking, why would Eve take a walk through the forest where something could come and attackher. Well, she brings her dagger, just in case. And the spooky setting is what Eve loved about the place. It reminded her of The Nightmare Before Christmas, except there was no doors in trees that'd suck her into a different world.

But it was cold tonight (yes, she snuck out before the harpies caught her) and she was regretting not bringing a jacket. It was summer and all Eve had on was a blue tank with a light blue flannel, black skinny jeans, converse, and her signature hipster glasses. If only she had time to wear something warmer but the harpies were by her and she almost had her eye pecked out but she put it behind her and just enjoyed walking by herself in the forest, humming a little tune.

WORDS ▴ NOTES
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 14200
    Registration date : 2011-08-04

Swear to shut up if you swear to listen Empty Re: Swear to shut up if you swear to listen

Post by daddeme 8/26/2014, 3:11 pm

Swear to shut up if you swear to listen Tumblr_inline_n8op4bUnAB1siu1dy
    People were stupid. And by stupid, I mean jerks. And by people, I mean Wyatt and Leah. They're jerks. Let me tell you why:
    Here I was, trying to get lost in the woods after they basically beat me up, took my stuff, and kicked me away from learning the magic of astronomy. They really sound like jerks now don't they? Keep in mind that I'm a cute little defenseless 12-year-old boy that just wanted to bond with his Brazilian kleptomaniac big brother and his passive-aggressive British girlfriend. I was alone in the woods in the middle of the night with only my sword and my acute sense of direction. In my pajama pants and a Pittsburgh Pirates jersey, I looked like I'd just rolled out of bed in search for something important. Which was exactly what I had did. You can call me a baby for grumbling about something I had no control over. I don't really care 'cause it all boils down to a really delicate item that was stolen by my own godly flesh and blood for something that wouldn't last for more than a few months. Of course I was going to be angry! What kind of person wouldn't be angry? Around this time, I heard the humming. I'm no genius, but I've seen enough scary movies and read enough Creepypasta to know that you always avoid the humming at any case. My makhaira (I haven’t named it yet, but I’m leaning towards calling it “Buffy” for whatever reason) was now at attention while I scanned the area for the source of the tune. It could have been Sirens for all I knew! Well, Sirens are native to the water but, hey, I twelve. You all are lucky that I remembered to wear pants today. De todos modos, I couldn’t find the person making that noise no matter how hard I tried. A breeze rolled in and I was surprised at how cold I was. Maybe it was because the anger I felt before was full of heat. And now, with that...stupid humming...I was getting colder because the anger...had turned to…

“EEP!” No, that wasn’t me who screamed. You’re hearing things. What happened next will explain exactly why I, mind you, didn’t scream at all. I don’t scream. I was looking for the monster that was out to devour me, backing up as I did so, when she just appeared there. Nothing fancy, no shadow stuff, no hovercraft. She was just there. Walking. I wasn’t expecting to see anyone else out here this late, no one my age. At first I thought she was a nymph, but she was wearing modern clothes. So logically I chose words of caution. “Bro, who hums in the middle of the night? No, in the middle of a creepy forest in the middle of the night? Who are you and are you trying to get yourself killed?”

Last edited by MoonMoon on 9/30/2014, 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Swear to shut up if you swear to listen Empty Re: Swear to shut up if you swear to listen

Post by beanie 8/26/2014, 6:00 pm

Eve was in the middle of deciding whether it was be enough trouble to head back and get her jacket when a figure appeared not to far of her. Now normally if she saw someone out here she wouldn't bat an eye but at this time at night and this weather, Eve was suspicious. She was about to say something as she came closer when....

"EEP!" The figure turned around and screamed. Eve wasn't scared, just startled. But the figure, well it was actually a boy, seemed scared to see her. She did pop up out've no where and the humming she was doing was creepy. Like, total Chucky moment!
    Back to the moment, the boy was yelling at her. Like, full out yelling. He was defiantly scared. Eve had that effect on people. She was actually trying her best not to laugh by biting her lip.

"Well sorry, I didn't think anyone was here. Plus, I always hum. Its ma thing." Eve said, her southern accent ringing clear.

"I'm Eve, daughter of Hecate." She said, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

WORDS ▴ NOTES
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 9/1/2014, 10:45 am

"Well, yeah, your 'thing' tends to spook people wandering around a place called the 'Deadly Forest'." I put the little air quotes around some of my words, now more annoyed than scared. I was annoyed with myself - why was I scared in the first place? I'm a brave guy! So that's when I came to the conclusion that I wasn't scared and you guys were just imagining things, like with the scream that was not mine. Anyway, I didn't dare to put my sword back in its sheath just in case this girl was some type of psycho serial killer. We have those here. You can never be too careful. She did surprise me, though, when she actually introduced herself to me. Her name was Eve (not Eva like the ginger babe in that one Erote club) and she was a daughter of Hecate, which made a lot of sense. I'm not stereotyping, but you don't exactly see preppy children of Apollo or people like Oliver humming in the forest at night. Hecate was a creepy goddess, so it was believable.

"I'm Sinbad. Son of Hermes." Maybe it wasn't the wisest idea to give this information to an absolute stranger, but hey. I liked her accent even if she was weird. I've learned through experience that people with different accents are usually super nice people (unless that accent's British or Brazilian or Urban American). What was my point? Oh, yeah. "Why are you out here in the first place?" I mean, she had to have a reason. It was probably none of my business but I'm a pretty blunt person. If I think it, I say it.

Last edited by MoonMoon on 9/30/2014, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/2/2014, 8:24 am

The more the boy talked the more Eve was getting weirded out. 1. he talked funny, he must have some kind of accent or something, but she kind've like it. And 2. he wasn't putting his sword away and she was tempted to take her dagger out, two it at him, and run away but he seemed interesting, in a weird sorta way.
    It wasn't until he introduced himself that Eve started paying attention. Sinbad. Nice name. And a son of Hermes, not what she would've guessed. But she was still bored. And her legs were starting to kill her so she just sat down by a nearby tree.

"Why are you out here in the first place?" He said and brought Eve back to reality. She was in the middle of daydreaming about talking tees when he talked.

"Huh? Oh, I always come for a walk at night. I'm just glad that I made it past the harpies." She just told the truth, the boy didn't look like he'd tell. "What about you? Why are you here?"

WORDS ▴ NOTES
    daddeme
    daddeme
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by daddeme 9/30/2014, 8:23 pm

Swear to shut up if you swear to listen Tumblr_inline_n8op3tTuEn1siu1dy

“Ay, that doesn’t sound creepy at all.” He grumbled under his breath. Sinny eventually decided that Eve maybe wasn’t a serial killer, so he slid his sword back into its sheath and crossed his arms. Jeez, if it wasn’t so dark out he would probably be able to see her easier other than the dark silhouette the shadows against the trees casted. Sinny decided he could trust her at least enough to sit down on the side of a log and relax his aching feet. He wished that he could’ve stayed with Wyatt and Leah at least a little bit longer: long enough for them to kick him out and at least drag him to the cabin. He didn’t like being out here alone. With a start, he realized that Eve had said something else. How ironic.

“I got kicked out of a date by my brother and his angry lady friend.” Sinbad released a heavy sigh. When he put it that way it made him sound like he was the intruder. “But, like, he took my signed Cabrera blanket a-and I always crash their dates so it’s nothing new. You get what I’m sayin’?”

Ooc: Woohoo for 3rd person
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/1/2014, 5:14 pm

Eve heard the plop and knew that this Sinbad had sat next to her. It stinks though cause she could only see the outline of his body, no facial details or anything. He probably couldn't see her either, it was very dark out. Wait, didn't she bring a flashlight? Oh yeah, it was right in her pocket. With a little click, the flashlight turned on, shining its bright light into the woods.
    "There." She murmured.

"I got kicked out of a date by my brother and his angry lady friend.” She heard Sinbad's voice, seeing the figure of his mouth moving. As he was talking, eve moved the flashlight so it was shining onto Sinabd, and she almost dropped it. He was actually pretty cute, especially with those freckles. It took a few moments for Eve to register what he was saying.

"Oh, well yeah. If someone took something of mine, I'd annoy them to pieces." She tucked some wisps of hair behind her ear. "And as for dates, are they fun to annoy? Cause I'd come to annoy them as well if I could."

WORDS ▴ NOTES

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:06 pm