A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
kayla
mabel pines
6 posters

unofficial history post

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

unofficial history post Empty unofficial history post

Post by mabel pines 11/29/2014, 9:09 pm

maybe since it’s in the future they’re trying to keep the population down and spread a virus to kill some of the people in the poorer areas but the virus gets jaked up or something
    ^^ i like that both of those
    -okay but guys if this is affecting everyone but the guys how is the goverment not getting infected? Like, i dunno plot twist for another time or something we just are like ‘ahh whatever’.
    IT’S A CONSPIRACY bc the government has the antedote research but wont release it to anyone or something idk
    i think they’d know & they were trying to expose it, so that’s why they got in trouble u know? like they try to tell everyone that the government is basically scamming them & not helping them, but the government labels them as terrorists because they’re trying to cause terror, when actually they’re trying to spread the truth/ hence they become outlaws
    ok but can we plz try to tie danger days into this SOMEHOW I WANT THIS TO BE KIND OF LIKE THAT like maybe they also have some medication they give people that causes them to be like, lethargic & not exactly lazy but kind of like in a daze??? like they stumble through life without living in a zombie-ish trance, but they’re not ACTUALLY zombies. & that’s sold as the cure, & it has a side effect that causes them to be like that BUT REALLY THEY JUST DON’T WANT REBELLION
    OOOOOHHH GUYS can some people rp the goverment, like idk they can try to catch the girls and such stuff
    YEAH I CAN OPEN UP APPS FOR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS & ALL, people would be allowed to bend the ages of their characters so it’d work & all
    LILA YES.
    maybe like when the virus got out or whatever they kinda shoved whoever was left into ‘battery city’ and like there’s the zones and the farther you go out the more zombies there supposedly are?? but obvs we call them something else im just obsessed
    gina says to call them dazers???
    OOOOO YEAH man we’re just hijacking this plot & turning it into our middle school killjoy dream lmao
    WE WRITE BETTER NOW ITS OKAY
    OKAY SO maybe we can all take up different roles for the history, someone could do a doctor monitoring the progress of the “vaccine”,  and another doctor for the progress on the initial disease, and then we can have the government official’s diary/updates on the whole thing?? & then i could do a file that basically just has the full plan for the entire thing & all

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HORRIBLY TYPOED AND PURELY COPIED & PASTED FROM THE GOOGLE DOC WE USED, BUT WHATEVER. this is the gist of it & how it's all happening, we'll be doing official topics eventually
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

unofficial history post Empty Re: unofficial history post

Post by kayla 11/29/2014, 9:11 pm

thumbs up for my one input in there!
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 11/29/2014, 9:14 pm

double thumbs up for my awesome ideas.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Post by Sammy 11/29/2014, 9:16 pm

Thumbs up for my cheering them on... silently... and invisibly
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female
    Number of posts : 620
    Registration date : 2011-01-02

Post by Watsky 11/29/2014, 9:30 pm

THUMBS UP FOR ME BEING KILLJOY TRASH HELL YEAH
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 11/30/2014, 10:18 am

Okay so let me get this straight.

→ There's an overpopulation on Earth/USA. The authorities decide the only way to stop humanity from expanding too much and smothering our planet's resources is to kill the poorer people, because they don't contribute as much to the economy and well-being of the state as the wealthy. Basically the same reasons they kill homeless people in The Purge - Anarchy.

→ To do that, they secretly put together a virus (which they what -- put in their imported food? Release in the air?) but instead of totally killing the people, it turns them into zombies. Of course, they deny they ever did that with cunning use of medias and propaganda.

→ The government develops two antidotes. A real one, which they keep for themselves, and a fake one, which they give out to the population to "protect" them though it just puts them in a kind of lethargic daze.

→ Our characters know about that and try to stop the zombies and the government.

→ The surviving population is put into "battery city" surrounded by different zones populated by zombies.

Did I get everything right?

Also, I'd love to call the zombies dazers. I'm all for a futuristic kind of slang!!

And THERE IS NO STOPPING ME I'm applying Lakisha for government role and Victoria for one of the doctors. And probably Arian too. #fyeahevilarian
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 11/30/2014, 1:19 pm

SO i realized this big block of text is confusing, so i'll try to describe it a bit better here:

at some point in the future (this will be determined later, probably around 2050 or so) the population - of the entire world, not just the u.s.a. - got too large. so the governments all start working together to find some way to fix the population issue. i think it'd be released into the food at soup kitchens or something, and then it started spreading from there. it was supposed to just kill them, but it backfires and turns them into zombies. previously i said it'd only affect men, but i'm editing that statement; the disease can affect anyone, pretty much. as stated, it's released into the food served at food kitchens, but the spreading gets out of control. the government makes two cures - one actual cure, and a false cure that sedates everyone, but they say that that's just a side effect. this second "cure" that they give out is to prevent rebellions.

everyone who isn't infected is herded into one city - each country would have their own, i think. that's where they distribute the "cure", and everyone stuck inside those cities are called dazers. surrounding the cities are massive walls to keep the zombies out, plus all sorts of other protective measures, like moats, guns, soldiers, mines, all sorts of stuff.

the band of girls (haven't got a name for them yet) has members who were a part of the government process for this, but managed to drop out with some of the information intact. they have members who know about the cure, and some of them have been trying to remake it. their main goal is to spread awareness that the whole thing is government caused, and to let everyone know that there is a cure, but it's not what they've been given.

if there's anything i forgot to explain, shoot me a pm and i'll try to clarify it!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/30/2014, 4:58 pm

I've been wondering about a couple of stuff so I'm just going to throw those in:

→ With the almost two hundred nations, it might get a bit too busy for the authorities to have planned this. Not to mention at least some would've simply refused to slaughter their citizens like livestock. So (just an idea like that, didn't give much thought into it) perhaps with the overpopulation the borders kind of faded away leaving a group of governmental people for each continent? So, five clusters of authorities? Plus, five governments are easier to take down/fight than 193.

→ Perhaps we should come up with some of our own futuristic slang. It should be short and out-of-place for us 21st century grandmas. To be honest I think maj (as in, majestic) as a synonym for cool sounds pretty nice.

→ Another question: if the point is to kill the people because overpopulation, why doesn't the government kill them once they're zombies and claim credit like, look at us we're so cool see how well we protect you? Why do they keep the zombies around? They'd kill the people they wanted out of the way and they'd be applauded as heroes by their citizen... so yeah, why don't they do that?
    (I'm trying to come up with an explanation on my side, for example perhaps the zombies help keeping the environment safe from humans or the authorities have realized that a policy of terror is better than a policy of truth.. Any further ideas?)
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 11/30/2014, 5:08 pm

ok so thank you for bringing these to my attention, but, as previously stated, i'm going to try to come up with a more plausible, official history post later. keep in mind this is literally just the bare minimum so people know what's going on, because i can't instantly type up a huge document on the history. i swear i will get all of this written down at some point, and questions should be sent to me via a private message (as i said in the first history post) and i will try to think of a way to include them. i believe i've mentioned i'm feeling a little bit stressed out, and i have a couple of personal issues on top of this. please don't expect a lot of progress for a while.

as for slang, if you guys want i can make a topic and you can all suggest different terms and stuff. we've said we do want slang terms, those will definitely be a thing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/30/2014, 5:15 pm

I didn't at all mean to upset you. The reason I posted on here and not PMed you was because I felt others might have better ideas than me and the cbox is crowded af. I'm really, really sorry I got on your nerves by posting in this topic. I won't do it again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 2:40 am