A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Blitzkrieg (private for Dylan and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Blitzkrieg (private for Dylan and myself) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blitzkrieg (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/21/2015, 5:47 pm

Chiara looked up at Nathan and saw that he was telling the truth. He was on his last legs and looked like he had used up almost every ounce of strength he was capable of. His wounds were nasty and he had a haggard look on his tan face, as if he was going to topple over any second. If he kept pushing his limits he would get himself killed because of his exhaustion.

She briefly nodded. "Okay. Take Hayden's pegasus with you and get the hell out of here. I'll catch up."

Picking his grenade belts up, she looked at the battlefield while protecting herself with her shield from the spears and arrows sailing in her direction; she then abandoned that and unclasped an assault rifle from her backpack, slinging the ammo belt over her shoulder. At that moment, her remaining soldiers (two Myrmidons, one gunner and one Grognard) arrived on the rooftop. The Myrmidons held up their shields to protect the others but got killed almost immediately by the arrows. Their gray forms burst into a rain of ashes and drizzled down to the concrete of the roof. The two last soldiers started shooting.

"I'm covering you," she shouted to Nathan over the noise. "Go!"

And she opened fire at the crowd of monsters, the heavy shots sending shock waves up her arms. She kept her footing at the edge of the roof though, feet apart and upper body bent back. Her matte black armor was scratched and pierced in several places, smeared with blood and yellow monster dust, her Greek helmet covering most of her face; but even if it narrowed down her vision field, she kept a vigilant eye out for Nathan. She'd follow up once he was out of range of their enemies.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Blitzkrieg (private for Dylan and myself) - Page 2 Empty Re: Blitzkrieg (private for Dylan and myself)

Post by Alpha Wolf 5/27/2015, 1:16 am

Nathan looked long at Chiara as she said to leave her behind and he wanted to disagree, but he knew he would die here if he tried to fight so that she could leave, she wouldn't let him stay like he was anyway, so he left on the pegasi with Hayden's body. It was a slow rise that could've been the death of him. He did this trying to make sure that Chiara was safe as well, but then she shouted at him to leave.

He knew he couldn't leave her but he was nothing but a burden to her. He turned and told the pegasi to pick up speed, barely able to mutter the words and after they were uttered, Nathan felt a piercing pain in his back. Just before the winged horses picked up on the command, an arrow hit Nathan in the back, just fracturing his ribs, left center of the spine, and as the pain registered the son of Melinoe passed out from the colossal amount of pain and fatigue that was rolling over his body.

He would survive with rest and treatment, but for now the Italian ghost was out cold to the point where he could very well be dead...
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/27/2015, 7:42 pm

Empty bullet capsules massed at her feet as she kept shooting but soon enough her ammunition ran out. One of her gunners fell down, arrows sticking out of his chest and stomach. It wasn't long until the rest of her soldiers burst up into gray dust, leaving her alone on her rooftop with her pegasus. However, the monsters were getting tired of shooting up at the intruders and she saw a large number of them starting to climb up the stairs, coming for her. And there was no way she could possibly fight them all off alone. A quick upwards glance showed her Nathan's shrinking shape in the sky. Time to go. Tossing her empty rifles down, she turned and -- stopped.

Five yards from her, a boy was pointing an AK-47 straight at her chest. He looked a bit younger than her; judging from the sweat on his face and his panting, he must've run up here just now.
    The daughter of Ares put her fists on her hips and glared at him from under her helmet. So, he thought having an AK-47 would help him against her? She could control weapons, she could rip that thing right out of his arms and pick her teeth with it.

"That was my sister, you fcking sl*t," he said in a slightly quivering voice, and Chiara knew he was talking about the people on the other rooftop -- those she had blasted to bits.

"Oh really? Well, b!tch should've been smart enough to stay out my way." She knew he was about to shoot, and snapped her fingers to disarm him.
    Nothing happened.
    She snapped her fingers again, a bit nervous.
    The rifle stayed in his arms.
    With a pang of panic, she realized she wasn't strong enough... She couldn't possibly use her powers again anytime soon. The nectar may have temporarily given her energy, but it wasn't nearly enough to try anything other than normal blade-to-blade fighting.

...Sh!t. That was it.

His finger was about to pull the trigger and she knew her time was up. Spinning around, she slapped her pegasus' flank as hard as she could, causing him to spread his wings and take off. She raced after him and jumped right off the rooftop, keeping her back and legs in a straight line while reaching out for the saddle with outstretched arms -- the rifle opened fire behind her and her body gave a violent jolt in mid-air. Roaring in pain, she fell across the saddle which knocked the breath right out of her chest, but the pain in her leg was so intense she passed out for a moment, coming back to her senses only when she started to slip off the saddle. Oh fck. Trying to hold on to something as she fell, she managed to grab the stirrup at the last moment and hung there, ten meters above the ground with her pegasus' hooves roaming the air above her. The rifle fired again but missed her by pure, sheer luck. But she didn't care. Her leg.....
    Hooking her elbow into the stirrup, she tried to breathe again. Her pegasus, unbalanced by her weight on one side, was flying in circles. Pull through, she told herself. Pull. Through. Get the job done. Look at your leg later. But she couldn't, she couldn't... The pain was so strong she couldn't possibly think about anything else.
    Think of Hayden, a raspy male voice suddenly said in her head. Think of that spear in his neck.
    She didn't know why, but that voice instantly filled her up with a burning anger. Anger so overwhelming she managed to snap her lids open despite the agony in her leg, wishing everything she laid eyes on could burn in the most horrible ways possible. She wanted the whole world dead at her feet.
    Clenching her teeth together, she took the grenade belt from her shoulder and ripped the first one free, feeling its heat throbbing in the palm of her hand. Then she took the pin out with her teeth and just as her pegasus was flying back over the rooftop, she dropped the grenade on the monsters. The explosions rippled through the air like lava. Green flames climbed up and rained down, smoke dark like ink swirling into the sky. Screams and shouts could be heard. Angling her horse with her body weight, she dropped the remaining grenades on the other large parts of the compound, not caring for the demigods they put to sleep who were still snoring peacefully here and there, unaware of the mayhem. She caught a last glimpse of the girl curled up in fetal position before her the Greek fire blast ate her up.

It took time but Chiara managed to heave herself up onto the saddle, laying there on her stomach with her arms on one side and legs on another. She managed to strap herself to it before letting all tension go, the compound a roaring inferno of green far behind her. But she didn't care about that either.
    Her knee was tattered. The bullets had passed right through it, ripping holes in her bones and ligaments... and she knew what it meant. Her eyes stinging, she buried her face in the leather of her saddle. I don't want to lose my leg.

About two hours later, the pegasi crashed into the cabins' courtyard of Camp Half-Blood, right in front of the Artemis and Aphrodite pavilions. Demigods who were calmly chilling on the grass jumped up, Chiara heard shouts and running echo around but she didn't pay too much attention to it. A couple of seconds later, someone unstrapped her from her sticky, blood-covered saddle and two pairs of arms carried her down carefully, campers flocking to the three demigods as they realized how wrong things had gone.

Then it started. "Look... Hayden..."

"Is he...?"

"Oh my gods....."

Whispers and gasps spread around like wildfire. The people who had carried her down were just now looking at the ripped mass of flesh that was her knee and Chiara opened her eyes with difficulty. The world was a blur of colors, but it started sharpening into precise shapes. It seemed like seconds had passed when someone pulled her up on a stretcher and hurried off to the infirmary. As they were leaving, Chiara caught sight of her cabin counselor looking over to them, and propped herself up on one elbow.

"Clarisse!" she shouted. "Twenty monsters?! Twenty monsters? Tell your scouts they better start running cause once I'm back, I swear by all the gods none of you will find what's left of them!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:05 pm