A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
mabel pines
The demigod of LOFAS
6 posters

Sebastian Rivera: Son of Hecate

The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male
    Number of posts : 185
    Registration date : 2014-12-05

Sebastian Rivera: Son of Hecate Empty Sebastian Rivera: Son of Hecate

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 12/5/2014, 12:01 pm

Name: Sebastian Rivera "Seb"

Mortal Parent: Diego Rivera

God Parent: Hecate

Date of Birth: July 16th, 2000

Place of Birth: San Juan, Puerto Rico

Hometown/Last Residence: New York City

Race/ethnicity: Although he mostly embraces his Puertorican roots, he's part African and part Spanish

Accent: Caribbean English

Skin Tone: Light brown

Eye Color: Dark brown

Hair Color: Dark brown

Hair Length: His hair length varies on how long it takes him to cut it. He will go for months without cutting it making it cover his eyes sometimes or he will cut it once a month himself with a knife making some areas longer than others.

Height: Five foot seven

Weight: 155

Body Type: Ectomorph

Appearance: He wears a black leather jacket that used to be his Father's along with his camp half blood t-shirt. He also has a small watch he also got from his father that he will sometimes anxiously rub as a nervous reflex. He slouches when he's tired and that's often. His feet sometimes diagonally at times when he walks and his shoelaces will be sloppily tied sometimes. He has dark circles under his eyes and his eyebrows are small. His neutral expression has a slight smile and he will slouch slightly. His shoulders are slouched and his fingernails are chewed. Sometimes he'll have sharpie doodles on his hands and arms. His hair is styled to slightly curve at the end towards the right.

Weapon: One or two celestial bronze swords he wields backhand that has random runes he got from harry potter forums carved onto them. Also uses his shadow creations to fight for him.

Armor: Prefers to avoid the use as it makes him slow. However, during Capture the Flag or war games he will use a regular chestplate and helmet from the armory.

Pet(s): none

Skills/Talents: good at shadow magic; can rap bohemian rhapsody without stopping; plays the drums; an amateur surfer; speaks spanish

Flaws: Fatal flaw: easily manipulated. He often acts before thinking, making him not think things through too much, and he's sometimes sleep deprived which makes him prone to paranoia. With the right words, he could be twisted into doing what you wish; clingy. He has a problem with letting go. He might act like he's over something, but deep down he's still hurting. This makes him afraid of being abandoned; scar on his gut. He was born with a rare disease that made his lower intestines not function correctly. He had two surgeries and fell into a coma; his eyes have dark circles beneath them from lack of sleep;  emotionally unstable. His mood is practically a rollercoaster. It's easy to make amends with him this way because you can just give him some milk chocolate and he'll calm down. Sometimes these moods surface and contradict each other, making him feel like he's losing his mind. It's best to stay away when this happens

Strengths: Witty; fast thinker; creative; knows how to negotiate well

Weaknesses: easily distracted; inattentive; tends to act before thinking; insomniac

Likes: chocolate; music; exploring; being able to relax at times; books

Dislikes: spicy foods; waking up before 7 am; talking about the past; alcohol

Fears: claustrophobic; being abandoned

Personality: his mind and heart are constantly conflicted making him feel crazy. Ever since the death of his father, his mind want's him to stay secluded and avoid outside contact but his heart wants him to enjoy life and be with friends and lots of them. He is a ticking time bomb and his emotions are constantly shifting making him unable to make the right decision at times. To him, trust is the most important thing and he's can sometimes be very trusting of people.

Powers: He likes to put his creativity to use by summoning bones from graves that are at max 25 feet away and connecting them into things, for example a wall or a sword. He also likes to use healing spells that can heal deep wounds in a minute in case of trouble or no ambrosia but that takes a lot of energy out of him and a basic levitation spell of which he uses to be lazy with that lifts things up to ten pounds, for a maximum distance of 10 feet, can only levitate stuff for up to ten feet in the air and up to 5 minutes. He can also control the mist to a limit. He can change how some people look to others, like Thalia does in the beginning of the titan's curse, but he can't do it for very long. A maximum of 10 minutes. Depending on the spell he uses his energy get's depleted so I will add a points system to his spells and energy valve.

Max energy before passing out: 100

Bone creation:

Small creation (anywhere from one foot tall and one foot diameter to three feet tall five feet diameter): 10 energy points

Medium creation (anywhere from one more inch to the previous maximum to 7.5 feet tall 7.5 feet diameter): 25 energy points

Healing spell:

Broken bone: 25 energy points

Deep wounds: 90 energy points

Levitation: 5 energy points

If he has let's say 50 energy point's and he uses a spell that takes him past 110 used energy points he dies.

If he exceeds his spent energy from 100 but stay's within 101 to 110 he will simply pass out.

1 to 40 energy spent: normal stance and slightly out of breath

41 to 80 energy spent: slight slouching and heavy breathing

81 to 100 energy spent: slouching and leaning from one side to the other

His bone creations can be destroyed, but it depends on the creation and it's purpose. Let's say a wall. If it's purpose is to prevent an enemy from going somewhere, the shadow would act like a wall, and break if enough force is used. If the wall's purpose is to stop or slow down a projectile, it will do so and then collapse. Now lets say a figure. If it's purpose is to fight, it might easily fall after a few strikes. If it's purpose is to defend, it may be able to withstand many blows. Of course they can rebuild themselves once if he wants. Once he uses a spell, he must wait 15 minutes or until it's destroyed to be able to use it again, however he can make multiple creatures in one spell but that increases the energy required and the maximum is five small and three medium. If his creations are not destroyed in 10 minutes they will collapse. The biggest wound he can heal is three inches long, one inch wide andone and a half inch deep cut. His energy is replenished by resting, but only at a rate of 2 points per half hour. Of course sleeping changes that to 10 points per hour but he has to wait fifteen minutes after waking up to use his powers again. If needed, his energy can be restored by 50 points by eating ambrosia or drinking nectar, but only two times a day.

Social Status: Popular

Summer or Year Rounder: Year Rounder

Years at Camp: 0

Life Before Camp:

Hecate stayed with Seb's father until his birth. Diego knew few about her except that she was a woman who traveled around the world. When Sebastian was born, Hecate left a few days later without a trace. Since then, Seb thought badly of his mother.

Age Five:
    A warm Sunday morning. Sebastian was running around the house trying to pack his suitcase. He was grabbing stuff left and right and his father stayed close to make sure he didn't grab anything unnecessary or breakable. He finished up and ran to the car so that they could begin their trip. The reason they were moving was because there weren't enough jobs and money so Diego wanted to go to New York to find a better paying job. He quickly found one as a mythology teacher at a nearby university. Sebastian liked it at his new home.

Sebastian's ADHD didn't stop him from getting good grades. He because a star student and joined the school's soccer team as a hobby. He quickly gained many friends and was busy almost always, never making him bored.

Age Eleven:
    "Seb come on, you'll be late." His father screamed from downstairs. Sebastian was staring off into space when his dad's call jolted him back to life. He ran downstairs, ready to go to his first day of high school. He skipped the third grade and had gone one higher which meant that he was always the youngest in the class. He had also started to take medications for his ADHD to help him concentrate in class. He loved his life and was happy.

As his ADHD got worse, Sebastian found himself having to make some changes to his schedule and had less time for soccer, so he quit. He wasn't that good anyways. He found happiness in music and games and regularly had people over at his house to play Mario kart or stuff like that. His dad traveled frequently so he often stayed at different friends houses, but that made band practice easier when a couple of his friends invited him to join their band when he was 13. He was very sociable.

Age Fourteen:
    "Dude come on we need you Sunday night." His bandmates complained. Their biggest gig just happened to be the night before one of the biggest tests of the semester. "Guys I don't know. I really should try and study. When will the concert end?" Sebastian asked? He was the drummer and everyone knows that without a drummer a band can easily get out of sync. "10 PM. Dude, seriously though, don't worry about the tests. You'll easily ace it anyways." Seb considered this, then nodded his head. "Alright. What have I got to lose?"

Sebastian was loving every minute of his life. He kept having nightmares but he just took meds for them. He now owned a drumset and was practicing every Saturday afternoon. He was elected student body president and was busier than ever, but it kept him from being bored. So he didn't mind. He loved it.

His father was killed by a Nemean lion that had made its way into his home. After that, a Satyr named Tehran, who was watching over Sebastian, took him to Camp after a few days. The trip was a blur to Sebastian so he only remembers a lot of running but he took a ferry ride and traveled in several buses before reaching camp.

Role-playing Example:
    "Hey Seb, wait up!" Terran quickly moved his crutches to catch up with Sebastian. Sebastian slowed down to allow his friend to catch up with him. "Hey man. What's up?" "Not much. Can I go over to your house so we can study together? The algebra homework has me really confused." "Sure. I'm sure my dad won't mind." And so they walked to Seb's house which was only three blocks away. Sebastian unlocked the door and opened it, but what he saw, practically traumatized him. There was a huge lion feasting on his father. There was blood everywhere. Terrain quickly grabbed Sebastian's hand and ran. Sebastian just moved his feet to keep up with his friend. He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice his friend had left his crutches behind. Terrain was speaking to him but the words just echoed in his mind and repeated themselves over and over again. All Sebastian could think about was his Father's face of horror. His face was stuck that way because of that monster. Eventually Seb was pulled out of his thoughts when Tehran slapped him. "DUDE! You're not even listening! Just forget it, come on, we're close, but so is the Nemean Lion. We have to keep moving." "Yeah, sure. Let's do that." And so they ran for what felt like an eternity. His legs felt like they wouldn't stop and even in his dreams he felt like he was being chased. Eventually they were running towards a strawberry field. Wait, no. A camp. There were people training in the distance. Sebastian could feel himself getting tired. Wait, he was already tired. Right? He couldn't remember. But the camp started getting farther and farther away. He needed to keep funning for his life. But how much longer could he run? There was shouting. Lot's of it. Sebastian tried to stay focused, but suddenly, everything went black

Notes: Wow, sorry for not updating sooner or anything. Anyways, I finished finally.

Last edited by The demigod of LOFAS on 1/14/2015, 7:37 pm; edited 25 times in total
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Sebastian Rivera: Son of Hecate Empty Re: Sebastian Rivera: Son of Hecate

Post by mabel pines 12/5/2014, 5:36 pm

hi! please read the entire topic for the detailed character form and then remake this form following all the requirements, or you can try the regular character form.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 12/5/2014, 9:16 pm

Should be fixed
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 12/5/2014, 9:27 pm

on this site we don't do the whole star thing for roleplaying, please write out all the actions and such.

keep in mind this is the detailed form; you're meant to put a lot of detail into it. please try to put at least one full sentence per section. as said in the topic, it's gotta be really detailed. i have an unfinished detailed form and it's already at over 4,000 words

five flaws are needed overall, and overall appearance needs lots of detail. mention what clothes he wears, how he stands (does he stand straight? does he slouch?), what his neutral face expression looks like, things like that. try to describe his appearance as completely as possible

there are a lot of things you'll need to touch on for powers, but we'll just start with one question and after answering that i'll ask a couple more. can you describe what kind of magic he can do? just saying magic is very broad, please narrow it down
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 12/9/2014, 10:48 am

How about now?
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 12/9/2014, 5:13 pm

The worst thing about actually having ADHD is that you get really impatient but my problem is I don't wanna seem rude by asking someone if they could review my work and right now I'm just asdfghjkl
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 12/10/2014, 5:06 pm

double posting is against the rules, please don't do that

we only allow natural eye/hair colors, so purple eyes would not be allowed

for his powers, how many times a day can he use them each, and how often must he wait between using them? what's the worst injury he can heal? for his levitation power, what's the heaviest object he can levitate, how far off of the ground can he levitate it, and how long can he levitate it for?

could you provide a bit more detail on his life before camp? (also, creative idea with the semi rp example type thing for his life before camp, that is p dang cool and i may end up borrowing that a LITTLE BIT for some of my forms. maybe)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/12/2014, 12:03 pm

When you edit your form, please post that you've done so; this will let me/another approver know your form can be checked again.

Try specifying where he descends from, rather than simply "Hispanic."

Are his swords Celestial bronze or Stygian iron?

Does he have a set of armor he uses for, say, Capture the Flag or war battles?

Add a facial flaw.

Add more to the personality. (At least make it 5 sentences long.)

Powers:
    - The large/huge creations are much too large. The most I'd allow is a bit less than the medium creation's size, and then it would have to last a very short amount of time.
    - How long do his creations last at most if they are not destroyed?
    - Name the size of the worst broken bone and deep wound he can heal. (ie: 3 inch long, 1 inch deep, 1/2 inch wide gash)
    - What's the cool-down between spell usages?
    - Also, it should be noted that he needs a specific limit to how many times a day he can use his powers -- so he can't simply replenish his energy using nectar/ambrosia.

Life Before Camp:
    - Add a bit more detail to each part of his life. For example, when did he join/start a band? How did Sebastian come to his father in the first place? How did his dad die?
    - How did he get to camp?
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 12/12/2014, 2:47 pm

Sorry about not commenting. My internet was bad when I sent it so I guess it didn't go through. I have a few questions first.

Try specifying where he descends from, rather than simply "Hispanic.": That's gonna be a bit hard. Puerto Ricans are made up of many different races because of all the different people that have taken it over. I can say the mixes he has but it would be a little hard and I'd most likely put 33% Caucasian 33% African 34% Taino. So yeah I need more info on that part.

Add a facial flaw.: Dark circles under your eyes aren't a flaw?

How did Sebastian come to his father in the first place? How did his dad die?: One, what do you mean come to his father? Two, did you read the role playing example right or did you skip the part where it says that there was a Nemean Lion in the house chewing his father to shreds?

I'll edit the other parts now
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/12/2014, 3:29 pm

1) Mhm. Edit in that info on his mixed heritage, then. Maybe add in info about his mortal grandparents and father too? Whatever part of their heritage they most acknowledge would be helpful. (I'm not sure if I'm phrasing this well enough; if I come off as offensive, I apologize.)
    2) If they are a flaw to you, add them in to the flaws section. You only had the scar there, so presumably that would have taken up the physical flaw requirement.
    3) Presumably, Hecate either gave birth to her son while still with his father or, say, her home (Olympus, the Underworld, wherever), far away from the mortals. Which is the case for Sebastian? If it's the latter, edit in how she sent the baby to his father.
    4) 95% of the time, the RP Example is not connected to the Life Before Camp section. If his father was killed by the Nemean Lion, make a note of it in the LBC section; it would not count as an official part of his biography otherwise, given how rare it is for applicants to connect the two parts together.
    Calypso Lover

Male
    Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2014-12-11

Post by Calypso Lover 12/14/2014, 3:46 am

Oh my god people here are so active!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/14/2014, 11:17 am

Calypso, please don't post on other people's forms with unnecessary comments. I'm sure you mean well, but it can be considered spam.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/8/2015, 10:23 am

Sorry for not updating sooner. Holidays took me more away from my computer than I thought
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 1/10/2015, 1:28 pm

Flaws:
    This is just to help with the detailed section of the form and isn't required but explain the flaws. You list them all but we don't really get to know why they're flaws and just have to assume. Try and give them all at least 3-4 sentences of explanation if you can; if not its fine.

Other than that your form seems fine; I like the way you describe his powers and the system given to it by the way.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/10/2015, 2:34 pm

Fixed the flaws. I kept the scar bit as less gross as possible
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 1/10/2015, 2:41 pm

Approved until stated otherwise. Contact an admin and they will inform you on the amount of Drachmas received on your form.
    Sebastian Rivera: Son of Hecate BuiKtQ8IUAAIguS
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/10/2015, 6:02 pm

Unapproved for now. [You can still role-play your character, but please stay away from using the powers for now, as that's the main problem.]

Powers:
    - Reduce the size of the medium creations a bit. (20 foot diameter is too large; bring it down to 10 or under.)
    - Answer these three questions from my last last post:
    - How long do his creations last at most if they are not destroyed?
    - Name the size of the worst broken bone and deep wound he can heal. (ie: 3 inch long, 1 inch deep, 1/2 inch wide gash)
    - What's the cool-down between spell usages?
    - How much nectar/ambrosia is required to fully restore his energy? (I'm a bit concerned about this, considering the fact that when people use up their power usages, they faint -- and then can't use their powers again until the next day. It could be unfair to others in that respect.)
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/12/2015, 8:53 am

Fixed all those issues.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 1/12/2015, 9:26 am

30 minutes Mist manipulation sounds really too much. Reduce it to 10 minutes maximum.
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/12/2015, 9:29 am

fixed it
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 9:55 am

Can you give examples of what he can create out of shadows?

Also I think for the 1-40 energy points, it should still be noticeable, eg slight panting, a bit weaker than usual, since powers tap into demigods' energy
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/13/2015, 11:36 am

Done
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 11:56 am

Um, a fighter? What do you mean by that? Would the fighter be alive?
    The demigod of LOFAS
    The demigod of LOFAS

Male

Post by The demigod of LOFAS 1/13/2015, 12:10 pm

In kingdom hearts there's this one enemy that makes copies of himself out of water and you have to beat like 40 in 10 seconds but that's besides the point the fighters are basically just humanoid forms with weapons that can attack you
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 12:20 pm

I'm very iffy about that. I'll see what Kenny has to say but for me, that's no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 12:50 pm