A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

Owen Young

Owen Young Empty Owen Young

Post by Guest 12/17/2014, 12:15 am

Name: Owen Jase Young

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Blonde

Height: 5'6"

Body Type: Athletic, sorta muscular

Skin Color: Light tan

God Parent: Apollo

Mortal Parent:
    Biological mother: Kristie Ellis

Adopted dad: Matthew Young

Adopted mom: Olivia Young

Country of Origin: USA

Pets: none

Talents: Drums, saxophone, basketball

Weapon: A CB sword, sort of machete style

Personality: Owen my little witty, cocky and arrogant boy. He is very laid back and hits on just about every girl he sees. But don't get him wrong, he still has feelings. He is very protective of people he loves, and believe it or not, he does love. He tries hiding his feelings, going for a tough guy look.

Flaws: Arrogant, may flirt at the wrong time, not the sharpest tool in the shed

Powers: He can heal wounds. He can use this power 10 times a day, with a cooldown depending on what he healed. Example: broken leg, 35 minutes. deep cut, 25 minutes. Bruise, 3 minutes. you get the idea. the time it takes to heal is depending on what he healed, yet again. Example: Broken leg, 20 minutes. Deep cut: 10 minutes. Bruise: couple of seconds. The process can be disrupted if he's distracted, but the process will start where he left off when he gets back to it. The worst wound he can heal is a broken bone. The largest broken bone he can heal is a hairline fracture that extends to 4 inches at most. The largest cut he can heal is 5 inches in length, 1 inch in width and 1 inch deep. The biggest bruise he can heal is 6 inches circumference.

Life Before Camp: Owen's mom was not prepared for a baby, so she dropped him off at an orphanage. He lived there peacefully until he was 6 years old and a couple adopted him. As you know their names are Matthew and Olivia Young, so Owen went by that last name. They lived like that until Owen was 10 and they got a divorce. Matt won custody though, and that wasn't very good. Matt would get drunk and abuse poor Owen. Darned Matt didn't have a wife to control him. But Owen did go to his mom's house every other weekend, and Owen preferred being with her so much more. But he couldn't tell her about Matt; Matt threatened to hurt him even more if he told anybody. So Owen grew up that way. You would expect that an abusing father would make you shy and insecure, but Owen is opposite that. At school, he was the cool kid since grade 3. People would ask him about his wounds, and he would just say it was a dirt-biking incident or something. At home, he discovered that he could heal himself. At first it didn't go so well, he only healed a little bit of a bruise or something. But after a while he started to get the hang of it. he could only make it heal a little, but enough so people wouldn't ask about his wounds anymore. When he went to bed, he would heal himself. So when he woke up, all his wounds would be gone, and Matt was normally gone during the day, so he didn't really notice.  One day, when Owen was 13, Owen had had enough. That night his dad broke his finger and Owen couldn't heal it, he was just new with his powers. So the next day at school, he told student support about his problem. Matthew went to jail and Owen was sent back to a foster home. He did not get adopted again, until he was 15 and a satyr came and "adopted" him, taking him to CHB.

RP Example: I ran up to a random girl and put my arm around her. She was a blonde that looked like she was probably in a rich family. She was wearing brand-name designer clothes; something Matt could never by. Even if he could, he wouldn't. He would waste it all on a better house and then beer. Lots of it.
    I gave the girl my winning smile, the one that got most girls falling for me. I may only be in grade 8, but I'm probably the hottest guy in my school. The girl smiled shyly at me and looked me up and down. Probably checking me out.
    "Hey," I said with my most sexy voice. Her friends began giggling, and took secret pictures of me. Maybe they'll post a picture of me on twitter and I'll be as famous as Alex from Target. Except I'm way more attractive than him. I leaned closer to the girl and whispered in her ear, "I'll take you somewhere if you get rid of them," I gestured to her friends. The girl giggled and went towards her friends and they huddled up, whispering to each other. They giggled one last time before walking away, leaving me with the girl. I put my arm back around her, and we headed to the frozen yogurt place.

Any notes about your characters:

Last edited by Liza on 12/23/2014, 3:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Owen Young Empty Re: Owen Young

Post by Kendall 12/17/2014, 2:56 pm

Powers:
    - What's the largest cut, bruise, and broken bone he can heal? (Name specific dimensions.)

Life Before Camp:
    - Why did Matt adopt a child in the first place? What did he work as?
    - Wouldn't teachers have gotten suspicious of the frequency of his wounds and call the police/social services?
    - How did a satyr find Owen?

Post by Guest 12/17/2014, 7:10 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/17/2014, 9:08 pm

Reduce the sizes of all of those wounds.

I think at his age, he wouldn't be able to heal all those wounds completely -- he wouldn't have been able to control his powers as well without some training.

Post by Guest 12/18/2014, 12:03 am

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/20/2014, 11:50 am

Powers:
    - Reduce the severity of the fracture. I don't think we allow it to be so bad as sticking out of the skin.
    - Put in a solid depth for the cut.

Did Owen's adoptive mother never visit? Presumably even if his dad got custody she'd at least get a few visitation rights -- unless she just chose not to use them.

Post by Guest 12/21/2014, 12:15 am

edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/21/2014, 6:45 pm

Powers:
    - Reduce the severity of the fracture -- having it be splintered/crushed or severely broken would be too much. I think at best we allow is small stress/hairline fractures.
    - Reduce the width of the worst cut and you'll be good there.

Otherwise your form looks fine.

Post by Guest 12/21/2014, 6:53 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/22/2014, 4:39 pm

How long does the hairline fracture extend at most?

Post by Guest 12/23/2014, 3:43 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/23/2014, 6:05 pm