A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

There And Back Again

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

There And Back Again Empty There And Back Again

Post by The Cheshire Cat 12/23/2014, 4:44 pm

I sat in my room alone and bored, as i usually did now. Father wouldn't let me leave the kingdom and it was torture, the only way i got news was from a wizard i befriended. The sun was setting in the distance and i watched as my black hair blew gently in the breeze.

"Mithrandil," I heard a gruff voice say, when i turned i saw the wizard.

"Gandalf!" I said happily as i hugged him quickly,"What news do you bring from the outside lands?"

"Have you not left the kingdom yet?" He asked surprised.

"Not yet, but i wish to leave and adventure throughout Middle Earth. Can you imagine it. Me, an adventurer?!"

"I may have a way for you to start adventuring."

I looked at him with a wide smile and a gleam in my eye. Was i hearing him correctly? Did he really have an adventure to share?!

"Tell me Gandalf! Oh please tell me or i may scream!" I said getting excited.

"A company of dwafves of Erebore wish to take back their home in the lonely mountain, where Smaug has been asleep for over sixty years."

"Oh how exciting! But, gandafl, do you think i should go along with them? I know dwarves arent very fond of elves, especialy one from Mirkwood."

"I know of that and that is why we are going to make you a ranger of the Dunadine."

"I thought only the race of man could be rangers, are elves accepted as well?"

"Very few but yes, they are. Your skils with a sword and bow are unmatchable in all of Middle Earth, it will be easy to pursuade the dwarves."

"When do we leave?!" I squealed like a child.

"Now," Gandalf said as he walked out of my room.

I followed and we walked through the kingdom my father ruled. Being a princess was boring and full of duty i could not handle, unlike my brother Legolas who would make a great king one day, so i had a tenndancy to sneak out with the Silven Elves to fight and train against the spiders that had started to creep into our lands.

As we walked through the city i heard whispers from the other elves for my atire. I had decided on wearing planer clothes and my pack, bow and quiver, elvish sword, and daggers adorned my back and belt. My clothes were almost completly black. I had on a black tanktop, tight but moveable navy blue pants, my deep green cloak, and leather boots that almost all the elves wear. We neared the gate when i hear someone shout halt, i turned and it was my brother.

"What do you want Legolas?" I snapped, i was so close to adventure i could almost taste it.

"Why are you leaving the kingdom, and with your weapons?" He replied eyeing me.

"I am wishing to inquire her help on a small task that Radigast the Brown has asked me,"Gandalf said stepping next to me.

"And this task is?" Legolas asked.

"There seem to be large spiders in his wood. The poor fellow wont hurt a soul but needs them gone before they kill his animals. Lovelyn is the best bowmaster and swordsman i know, so naturaly i came to ask her help. Now please your majesty, we must hurry. May we be off?"

Legolas eyes us both then shouted at the guards in elvish to let us pass. As i turned to leave Legolas grabbed my arm and leaned next to my ear,"If you lie to me one more time i will tell father. Dont do this again Lovelyn."

I jerked out of his grip and swore under my breath as Gandalf and I walked through the forest of Mirkwood. We reached the edge of the woods and a horse awaited us.

"Shall i call for a horse?" Gandalf asked as he mounted.

"No need, mine is here,"I said as a beautiful midnight horse rode out of the forest, i swung myself on its neck and started to ride over the plains with the old wizard.

The ride was almost a week and we stopped to rest most every night. The Shire was nearing and Gandalf began to use spells of blessing to allow me into the lands. On a dark, clear night we rode into the land of the halflings, dismounting the horses and letting them graze nearby in the woods.

"Now you must remember to be kind to the dwarves but fiery to make them not hate you,"Gandalf said as we walked along the path to a Hobbit hole.

"I wont need reminding. Ive lived on Middle Earth for many hundreds of years, and have had to deal with Thranduil and Legolas. There is no need to remind me,"I said with a giggle as we reached the home.

Gandalf knocked and a small hobbit opened the door, rather shocked to see us.

"Gandalf why are you here? And at this time of night?"He asked.

"Allow me to introduce Lovelyn, may she stay here for a short while? I have some unfinished buisness to attend to,"Gandalf said smoothly.

"I suppose so but why must she stay here?"

"There is no time for silly questions Master Baggins, i am off," Gandalf said before rushing away, leaving me with the halfling.

"May i come in Master Hobbit?" I asked politley.

"What oh yes. Please leave your, um, weapons at the door though. I dont want you bashing anything," He said as i walked in and set my things on a bench.

"This is a nice home you have. Its small but nice for you sir."

"What? Oh yes. Do you mind telling me why Gandalf is having you stay here though? I dont quit understand."

"If i new that answer Master Baggins i would tell you."

"Bilbo, my name is Bilbo."

I smiled and sat on the floor near the fire, as the door was knocked again. Bilbo answered and two dwarves walked inside, throwing their weapons next to mine. Two dwarves, one with black and one with blonde hair, enter the sitting room and stop in their tracks.

"Who are you?" The black haired one asks.

"Lovelyn of the dunadine. And you both are?" I ask as I turn to face them.

"Fili," the blonde says.

"Kili" the black haired one says.

"At your service," the both say in unison.

"Well it is a pleasure to meet you both. Come, sit," I say featuring to the ground in front of me.

"Are you really of the Dunadine?" Kili asks curious.

"Yes I am. Though I tend to work with the elves as I am of their kin. I haven't ever traveled out this far before though, I just got back from some fighting and it was wonderfully brutal."

"You've never been as far out as the Shire? How close do you keep to the woods of Mirkwood?"

"How do you know I am Mirkwood elf?"

"Your bow. I saw the carvings on it and it is of Mirkwood. Is it not?"

"Oh, yes it is. I don't really travel outside if the woods unless I have too. I am more comfortable in the trees."

Bilbo walks into the room with a grim look in his face," Why are you all here? I'm not even expecting guests at this time of night and certainly not on this particular day."

"Master Baggins, as I have said already; if I knew why Gandalf sent he here I would have told you. I can also be certain that the dwarfish princes would say the same,"I reply getting slightly agitated.

"You know who we are?" Kili asked surprised.

"Of course. I have been alive longer than you have and I was aware of your appearances before I met you today."

"How is that possible? We have never heard if you before, nor of your appearance," Fili asked curiously.

"Like most elves I have power, but my power is different than that of my kin. I have the ability to dream travel and I can also predict new heirs if thrones as what they look like as they grow and mature. I grew curious when I had heard of your birth Fili so I looked into the future and saw another heir of Durin that later became your younger brother, Kili. It was out of pure chance that we met today however, I didn't know that the two princes would be here," I said closing my eyes and searching Middle Earth for another prince of Durin," Nor that your Uncle, Thorin son if Thrain would be on his was to this place as well," I said opening my eyes to see an astonished Kili and Fili.

"You are a very intriguing elf. Why don't you show your face in the villages around Middle Earth?" Kili asked.

I was about to answer when another knock on the door came and in fell a dozen dwarves, all from the Iron Hills. Kili and Fili smiled and stood, running to embrace their kin. As Kili stood he offered me a hand and helped me up as much as he could. I thanked him in dwarfish and he smiled as he went to embrace the others. Soon the entire hole was full of busy dwarves reorganizing the dining room and filling the table with food from the pantry. I helped with as much as I was asked and when they all sat Kili and Fili motioned me over to them. I sat in the middle and joined in the childish food throwing and are with the dwarves, feeling welcomed.

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 6:01 pm