A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself]

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself] Empty Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself]

Post by Morgan Landry 2/8/2015, 5:16 am

OOC: Warning: minor BoO spoilers!

BIC:

Jana Kay was nervous.
    This was her very first Valentine's dance and she didn't want to mess up. She felt kind of little in her outfit compared to all the other girls stalking around in glittering get-ups while she was sporting an azure drop-waist dress with an uneven hemline, stitched with navy spangles and golden details. Her hair was pinned up in a bun and held back by a sequined gauze headband, some streaks having escaped the hairdo to frame her face.
    Walking out of the Demeter cabin in her blue scone heels (very tiny heels) with her three besties, she was carrying a package wrapped in blue with yellow polka dots. It was James' Valentine present. They had been together for almost four months now and ever since that time in Scotland, it was like a constant warmth had switched on inside of her. Like an amber glow in her ribcage, she felt on top of the world with Don't Stop Me Now as background song. She thought she had known what "happy" was before but now she was with James, the full definition had dawned on her. It was....incredible . She had energy for everything, couldn't wait to do this or that, felt more confident than she had ever felt in her entire life, and actually found herself pretty when she looked in the mirror. And then there were the times she spent with James -- aka paradise, the moments she thought of the second she woke up. She thought about him a lot (most of the time), when brushing her teeth, when getting dressed, combing her hair, sitting in a lesson...

The package contained self-made chocolates, which she had melted from different chocolate bars to shape and decorate them. Since James was the son of Triton, she had given the chocolate sea-related forms (starfish, shells, seahorses, sanddollars, crabs, jellyfish,...), whatever she could think of, and put them in a treasure chest she had made herself in arts and crafts. She had used different sorts of chocolate for decoration, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate....hopefully James would like it.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself] Empty Re: Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself]

Post by Perca 2/8/2015, 6:59 am

While walking towards the mess hall, where the Valentine's dance took place, I thought back to my first meeting with the girl of my dreams. Jana Kay Robertson. The blonde haired beauty had turned my world upside down with just her smile all those years ago. She made the sun seem brighter, the sky clearer and the dark lighter. Life with her was never boring. Especially now that we were dating. The kind human had me wrapped around her little finger and she didn't even know. I was completely addicted to her, she was my personal drug. I missed her all the time, longed for her presence even when we were only apart for mere seconds. Her scent calmed me down and her eyes made my day. I knew I loved her a long time ago, but I would never believe it could feel this good. I was a dead man gone to Elysium, or, more accurately, a soulless slave to her heart's desires. I had set my life goal in keeping her happy and there was nothing I wouldn't do to achieve it.

Three hours ago I was standing in front of a mirror, trying out my suit for the dance. In my point of view, i looked ridiculous, with the white gloves and my hair skillfully made by my younger sister, but I hoped Jana liked it. I wouldn't want her to be embarassed to be seen with me. Realising how much time had passed, I had grabbed her gift - a black back with her name written in elegant gold letters outside containing a soft box made of purple velvet. Inside was a necklace I had made for her, a simply silver circle around a trident, both made of wheat, showing the bond between us (at least I hoped it did) - and headed to meet my spectacular date.

OOC: 1)https://i.servimg.com/u/f38/18/69/09/26/img_2010.jpg
    2) Sorry for posting so late but I had a beautiful post prepared and my phone restarted
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself] Empty Re: Gatsby and Daisy (not really) [private for Perca and myself]

Post by Morgan Landry 2/9/2015, 2:16 pm

A young, elegant boy walked up to her in a navy tuxedo and diagonally white-striped azure tie, a straw boater on his neatly combed hair. He had white gloves on and a bamboo cane, his shoes gleaming in the lights. At first Jana Kay didn't recognize him, then...

"Oh gods! James!" She almost ran over to him, a bunch of butterflies fluttering around in her stomach, her heart doing a wild rodeo. "I didn't see it was you, oh, by Demeter..."

Her cheeks a rosy red, she gave him a nervous grin, looking up at the face of the most handsome boy in the world. She then snapped back to reality, holding up the wrapped present. "Oh! I got you this. Well I didn't exactly get it since I made it but you get what I mean. It has a card, too."

She gave him the package, the Valentine's card sticking under the ribbon. She had gotten it in the camp store, it had a picture of roses with a little Eros statue -- cheesy, yes, but she hadn't found anything else. Inside was a note in her round but still messy handwriting, it read:

Happy Valentine's Day!

Your Bondgirl,
    Jana Kay

It was written in Ancient Greek, of course (she wouldn't allow her Valentine's card to be messed up by her hopeless dyslexia), and the y-letter of Kay finished with a daisy drawing.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/9/2015, 2:28 pm

I gasped as a beautiful nymph rushed towards me. No, not a nymph. Something more etheral. More beautiful than Aphrodite and more enchanting than Hecate, the young woman left me breatheless. In a simple blue dress and an equally simple and equally fancy hairdo, she looked spectacular. My beautiful princess. As she looked up at me, I got lost in her mesmerizing green eyes and her bright smile, lighting up her whole face. I only got out of my reverie when she handed me a beautifully wrapped present, which I grasped with shaking hands before giving her hers. I mentally cursed myself for forgetting a card but gave her a grin and opened my present. It was a simple treasure chest, the lines done with small seashells of different colours.

"Jana, it is beautiful!"I exclaimed and carefully placed it on a bench before wrapping my arms around her waist and lifting her up in the air, twirling her around before placing her back on her feet and pressing my lips to hers gently in a silent gesture."You're wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend than you"I said, my voice filled with my profound emotions
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/9/2015, 3:04 pm

The party area did a 360 around her as James lifted her up and twirled her about.

"You haven't opened it yet," she chuckled and pulled the lid of the chest upwards, revealing the chocolates. "I made them all myself. Made as in, I bought the chocolate, melted it and shaped it. And decorated it." She nervously chuckled again then looked at her present, in her hands. It was wrapped in a sleek black package and her name was written across it in golden letters. Somewhere she didn't want to open it because she'd feel guilty tearing open that beautiful wrap. In the end she did it as carefully as possible , sparing most of the paper to reveal a small black box; inside, in a frame of purple velvet, laid a glistening silver necklace, the pendant a wheat-circle containing a trident. It was discrete but gods of Olympus, was it gorgeous. She'd put it on her camp necklace as soon as possible, of course keeping the beautiful chain for the special occasions.
    Still, she remained speechless for a couple of seconds. It was the first time someone outside of her family made her such a present.

"Wow James, I... I don't even know what to say, this is ridiculous -- not the necklace, no, the necklace is gorgeous but the fact I don't know anything to say is ridiculous. Di Immortales... Thank you so much!"

She wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him close, breathing in his scent of beach and sea and summer, her nose bumping into the brim of his hat. She drew away after a moment and planted a kiss on his lips, laughing happily. Attaching the necklace around her neck, she carefully put box and wrapping paper into her small bag and awkwardly took his hand, looking at the dance floor.

"Up for some Charleston?" she widely grinned.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/9/2015, 3:10 pm

I chuckled and nuzzled her hair, grabbing a chocolate behind her back and taking a small bite. "Gods, this is delicous..."I groaned and blushed embarassed."Are you trying to make me fat and cook me for Christmas?"I joked and gave her a grin, feeding her a small starfish-shaped piece of milk chocolate."I made this. Mostly. I did ask for help thouhh, otherwise it would have looked like a... I dom't know, rock? Anyway, I'm glad you like it"I added and leaned down to kiss her cheek."Let's go, milady"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/9/2015, 7:04 pm

Wow, he had made that necklace himself? Okay with some help but still... himself? Jana Kay was both surprised and impressed. Some couples walked by in front of them, totally cool and at ease, making her feel ten times more awkward. Yes she was awkward, but happy. She was with the world's greatest, funniest, cutest, dorkiest, prettiest boy and no-one could take this evening away from her.
    Couples were dancing to a rhythmic beat on the floor, gliding up and down each other but a couple of minutes later, the music changed to a Charleston.

"Come on!" Jana Kay laughed, taking both James' hands and dragging him over to the mosaic-set floor. It was a bit sticky with spilled drinks but that was alright with her. She had rehearsed the Charleston with her three besties Liza, Coral and Penny in the Demeter cabin (they had prepared in her cabin since Coral and Penny were from James' cabin so preparing there would've been bogus, and they didn't prepare in Liza's cabin either because the Athena children weren't that happy generally with people jazzing up their work area).
    Standing in front of James, one hand holding his, the other one on her shoulder, she started doing like they had learned on YouTube: step sideways with slightly bent legs, turning her feet in and out, spicing it up with some moves she knew from her rockabilly classes.

OOC: This is so their dance xD
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/10/2015, 3:22 am

I laughed joyously and tried to follow her with what dance steps I knew. The point was to have fun after all, right? And I was having lots of it. I twirled her around and grinned widely, mostly admiring her cute dance moves. Gods she was adorable. Remembering an old dance movie my mom and I used to watch and started copying the moves for the twist
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/10/2015, 7:24 am

Jana Kay was so enjoying herself. Here on the floor with James, dancing the funny Charleston sideways while looking into his eyes, playfully going with his twirls, it was simply perfect. She then grabbed the hemline of her dress and swung her right leg to the left and her left leg to the right like the flappers used to, laughing, before getting back into the dance with James, turning her feet inside then outside, shuffling sideways in rhythm with the music.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/10/2015, 10:31 am

I flushed from the excercise and, as soon as the song ended, I gently tugged Jana along towards a couch in the corner."I'll get you something to drink, wait right here"I grinned and kissed her cheek before heading to the bar
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/10/2015, 11:01 am

Jana Kay beamed and sat down on the couch. It was wide, ivory white with yellow-golden cushions.
    Her heart still racing in her chest, she looked at her feet nervously, checking her small scone shoes without really seeing them, the images of the dance still in front of her eyes. Her waist and hand still tingled from his touch.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/10/2015, 11:13 am

I returned quickly with two glasses of fruit punch."Here you go, princess"I chuckled and offered her the long-necked glass. "This place is really beautiful"I commented as I stared around. The hall was decorated with soft-looking pale pink sheets and heart ballons, with small, Cupid statues all around the place and 20's paintings adorning the walls."But not as much as you"I added and gave Jana a shy smile as I took a sip from my drink
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/11/2015, 7:25 am

"Thank you, Mr Charming," she grinned, taking the fruit punch. It had a clear taste of peach backed up by apples, pears and strawberries.... yum!
    Drinking her punch, she took his hand softly, just enjoying the moment here with him.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/11/2015, 10:58 am

I blushed as her small and delicate hand gripped mine, giving it a gentle squeez and rubbing circles on top of her palm with my thumb absent-mindedly."Thanks for being here with me"I suddenly said, looking down at her with a shy smile
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/11/2015, 11:08 am

"Why, with who else should I be?" Jana Kay asked, raising her eyebrows.

She was still sweating from the dance, the punch delicious in her throat. The daughter of Demeter wished this evening would never end.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/12/2015, 3:29 pm

'Unless you have something I need to know, I have no idea"I said and raised my eyebrows in return. Sadly though, my almost instant grin betrayed my tough façade.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/12/2015, 5:25 pm

Jana Kay playfully nudged him and finished her drink.

"So, whatcha wanna do? Not go back on the dance floor, I'm dead," she chuckled.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/12/2015, 10:32 pm

"Fine, we'll return later. How about we go for a walk outside, get some fresh air? It's not too cold, I think"I suggested, my eyes on the trees outside
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 5:44 am

"Sure! Just let me grab some marshmallows," she grinned and hurried over to the sweets counter, taking a little plate and putting in there marshmallows and macaroons. The daughter of Demeter then returned and offered James her arm. "Milady," she joked.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/13/2015, 9:33 am

I gasped and narrowed my eyes at her, smirking."Did you just call me a lady?"I teased and nudged her shoulder with mine.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 9:41 am

"Why, do you think it's an insult?"

She took his arm and started walking towards the rose bush labyrinth she had made grow with her Greek and Roman siblings.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/13/2015, 9:48 am

"Not if I was a girl like you"I grinned and leaned down to steal a kiss
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 9:50 am

She kissed him back and chuckled, breaking away.

"Gender isn't an insult. Personality... might be," she said, popping a marshmallow into her mouth and reaching the plate over to James so he could take some if he wanted.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 2/13/2015, 9:53 am

"Why, is there something you'd like to say about my personality miss Robertson?"I asked and took the plate from her hands, prefering to feed her myself
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/13/2015, 9:56 am

"Yes," she gave him a grin. "Your personality is awesome."

Pressing her lips against his cheek in an audible kiss, she took the plate back and stuck out her tongue playfully before choosing a lemon macaroon and biting down on it. The crunchy surface biscuit and the gooey inner both melted on her tongue with fresh and delicious aromas. Wow, had they really baked these exquisite things?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3/28/2024, 11:26 am