A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

An Afternoon Stroll - [Open]

Juliette
    Juliette

Male
    Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2009-05-04

An Afternoon Stroll - [Open] Empty An Afternoon Stroll - [Open]

Post by Juliette 5/20/2015, 12:14 pm

It was around 6:12 PM and the day was slowly drawing to a close. There were obviously a good number of hours until midnight but Julie typically laid down to sleep well before most people. With that said, one could draw the conclusion that her day ends earlier than usual. This night in particular, however, she had decided that a gentle stroll through the forest might help put her mind at ease before bed. It was not as if anything big had happened, rather, she was still adjusting to the new information that had been presented to her. What teen wouldn't have problems coping with their ordinary life being shattered by the knowledge of their father being the god of war? Not only that, but the existence of the many Greek pantheon and other mythological beings and creatures wrought stress on her life. The knowledge of an entire unknown world was more than she could grasp. However, as she made her way through the forest things seemed to come to a soothing calm. She was not all that worked up at that particular moment, in fact she felt happy. The stress of everyday life had disappeared. She was now at Camp Half Blood and thus far she was enjoying her time there. She had met only a few people but generally they seemed kind enough. She pondered over her thoughts and experiences as she made her way deeper and deeper into the woods, her gentle gaze taking in all of her surroundings just in case anything were to jump out at her.

[Sorry for shortness~]
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

An Afternoon Stroll - [Open] Empty Re: An Afternoon Stroll - [Open]

Post by Josh 5/20/2015, 2:34 pm

Leonidas had been sat deep in the forest, up on a fairly large rock, well large to Leo anyway. Being a dwarf, his feet were way off of the ground, and it had been an effort for him to climb up onto the rock to sit there, but it was a really nice spot. It was just in the middle of a clearing of trees, so the evening sun's rays were shining down on him. He could here the birds of the forest chirping as they flew around and called to another, and he could watch as other small animals moved around, or even the leaves floating through the air on the evening breeze. It was a perfect time, and very quiet. Besides him, he hadn't noticed anyone else around as of yet.

He'd come out into the forest just to relax. In one here, he had an earphone in connected to his phone, and playing through was the gentle song, "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton, and in his deep voice, he sung out to the line, "And I saaay, Yes I feel wonderful tonight." He smiled at the song, maybe the rest of the song wasn't so relevant to him, he wasn't sat up here with the girl as in the song, but he did feel wonderful tonight, sitting here in the forest, it reminded him of the poem, "God the Artist" by Angela Morgan, thinking about all of this nature came to be. Then he laughed at how that was a letter to God, the Christian God, yet here he was, living proof of the Greek Gods and Titans.

Still, it was a pleasant evening, and Leo was able to just enjoy it all on his own.
    Juliette
    Juliette

Male

Post by Juliette 5/20/2015, 4:45 pm

Julie's appearance could be categorized by others as 'punk' in style, with a white tank top branding a cracked black skull on the front. From the eye socket of the skull, a snake extended to curl around the base of the skull. Around her neck was a spiked collar that clung tightly to the skin, with two bracelets on both wrists that matched it. They were black with red spikes, the typical colors that Julie liked to wear when she dressed casually. Her lower attire consisted of nothing more than a red and black plaid skirt with a spiked belt around the waist, holding it to her waist. Underneath her skirt were pure black boy shorts in an attempt to cover up everything that may be visible should her skirt go upward or someone attempt to catch a glimpse. Lower down she wore knee-high black socks that ended just below her knees and her shoes were simple black and red sneakers, Converse was the brand.

The young daughter of Ares made her way calmly through the forest until she began to hear the far off sound of someone singing aloud a little deeper within the forest. Although it was not all too loud, it was still noticeable and easily traced. She followed the sound for a few moments until it stopped, the person obviously having only intended to sing a small exert. Perhaps they were listening to a song in the woods? Although the singing had ended, she still had a general idea of where the source was located and followed her instincts until she was between two closely knit trees, looking at the boy atop the rock. Although the rock was not all too large, compared to the boy it was pretty big in size. She left the cover of the trees to enter the clearing in which the boy lounged, looking up at him with a gentle look. "Greetings!" she shouted, making it to where her voice would be just audible to the boy from his distance. She spoke with a tone of optimism, though it was far from enthusiastic or joyous. One could tell by her mannerisms and voice that she was professional in most aspects. "I am Juliette Saber, daughter of Ares, it is nice to make your acquaintance!" she would tag the words alongside the greeting, hoping to give him an idea of who she was.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 5/20/2015, 5:26 pm

Leonidas was taken by surprise. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a figure approached, a girl, and she called over to him, "Greetings!" which was definitely a strange response out here, it wasn't a very american thing to see. Nor did it seem to fit with how she was dressed, which could only be described as 'punk'. Quite contrasting to Leo's attire, which consisted simply of a pair of low Onitsuka Tigers, dark blue shorts and a white t-shirt.

What really caught Leo's attention was, the way she spoke, her accent. He picked it up mostly in her following sentence, when she announced her name, and the way she spoke as well was terribly British. That was a surprise to him, he hadn't met any other British people around camp yet. "My my my, I was not expecting to pump into a fellow Brit here." He smiled at her, taking his earphone out and shoving it back into his pocket, no doubt to cause a tangled mess which he would have to deal with later. "Leonidas Scipio Enfield, son of Chronos, at your service." He replied to her, standing up on the rock, and bowing towards her, "And not the crazy Kronos everyone at camp was involved in the war with."
    "And which part of England dost thou hail from with that accent?" He asked her, joking talking very pretentiously. The girl may have been dressed in a very punk-esque style, but she didn't come across that way. Whilst some may have perceived the way she spoke to Leo as very British, or joking around, it came across to Leonidas simply as formal, or professional. What was also fairly surprising was the fact that she was a child of Ares, whilst the attire fit someone of that birth, the professionalism didn't, Leo had only had the 'pleasure' of meeting hot-headed Ares children so far, so this was quite a new experience from him, still he was more than delighted to meet someone else English, to give them a group free of all the Americans. Whilst he didn't have an issue with Americans in the slightest, it was nice to have someone around who would understand things from home, or to talk about things in England and not get funny looks and have to explain them all.
    Juliette
    Juliette

Male

Post by Juliette 5/21/2015, 5:27 am

It was not until Julie had introduced herself to the boy atop the rock that she realized his lax stature and casual attire. Though, judging him by appearance alone would be highly hypocritical of her. She herself, though generally disinterested in popular trends, was dressed the way she was and it more than likely gave off the wrong first impression. She could not expect others to understand her reasoning for wearing the clothes that she presently wore. Rather, her reasoning was so absurdly simple that she felt it unnecessary to explain yet perhaps it was just the opposite. Quite necessary. She liked the style and colors of punk clothing, though she herself was far from what most would consider 'punk'. Having been born and raised in the same general area for her entire life, she was not accustomed to very many different styles and trends so this one in particular had caught her attention. Although the city she was raised in was not necessarily one of the smallest one could find in England, it was certainly small compared to the bigger cities of London or Birmingham. With that, paired with her family having lived in poverty with few electronic appliances, she had been mostly deprived of television, the internet, and other customs that would have allowed her to learn more about socialization.

Despite her blissful obliviousness in most matters, she recognized his accent rather quickly, assuming him to be from the same country as herself; rather, the same continent at the least. His first sentence, after all, addressed her as a 'Brit' which she assumed was short for British. She returned his smile in kind and nodded gently, watching him as he spoke, listening to his words carefully. When he clarified that he was not the son of Kronos, but rather Chronos, she giggled a little, giving a slightly heavier nod. "That is relieving, Leonidas." she spoke gently, her voice calm and professional nonetheless. "Forgive me if my accent differs from what you're accustomed to. I was born in a rather small city by the name of Ripon and it happens to be a city that I never left until I came here." she replied to his question, tacking on extra details that may help him understand her situation. Not many people stayed in the same city their entire lives and those that did tended to lack money and experience. "May I ask the same question of you, Leonidas? Purely out of curiosity, of course."
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 5/21/2015, 6:49 am

"Apologise if your accent differs from what I'm used to?" He laughed at that comment, she clearly hadn't heard him as well before hand, so he smiled back at her, "Love, I know Ripon well enough, I was born and raised in York, you have basically the same accent as myself. I was going to say it was very delightful to have another English person here, but to have another person born and bred in Yorkshire? God's own country? That is very nice news indeed. I definitely did not expect to run into anyone else from that area like myself. So please, the pleasure is all mine." He bowed again before her. He climbed down from the rock, it took him a little bit longer being a dwarf, and then he approached the girl, and stuck his hand out before her, "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Saber."

"And what brings you out to the forest at this time of day? It isn't excellent the safest place around here. Rumour has it there's monsters and all sorts of wild creatures in this place. Though I guess you could ask the same of me, but I'm simply out here enjoying the nature with a bit of music and poetry. Though I came prepared just in case," He added with a wink, referring to the axe he had left at the base of the rock, it was only a small one-handed axe, but it was celestial bronze and would suit him nicely if it came to a fight. He also got out his pocket-watch, and clicked it open, looking at the time, "Not even half 6 yet." That meant he was stuck to his temporal healing power, not his favourite power for a fight, but it was useful regardless to be able to heal his wounds, it just didn't give him the advantage in a fight. Still, he hopefully wouldn't have a use for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:35 pm