A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Smile and wave (Mason)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Smile and wave (Mason) Empty Smile and wave (Mason)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/25/2015, 12:26 pm

Lizzie forced herself to sit down instead of pacing the drawing room of her boyfriend's house. She fidgeting restlessly, her heart beating in her chest like a machine gun firing on full auto. Somehow, she had let Greg talk her into meeting his father. She had been worried from the moment she agreed, the tension only seemed to grow. She brushed her hands against her blue jeans, tugging at the red and blue chequered shirt which she wore absently. She wore a light brown leather belt with dull leather boots that went half way up her shins.
    Her hair as normal was worn in a single ginger braid, she clasped her hands together to stop messing around. The sofa or couch if you were American looked to be an antique of some kind, she tried to not move much just in case it broke.

She tried to calm herself, she hoped that she would be deemed acceptable by her boyfriend's father. Lizzie glanced at her boyfriend, the handsome figure of Greg. "I..." She opened her mouth to say something to him, but the sentence caught in her throat. She let out a quiet sigh before trying again. "I hope he likes me Greg." She whispered, one of her friends had suggested that she wore a dress. But as Lizzie did not possess anything that girly, Lizzie was at first forced to try on some by her friends. Lets just say they either did not fit or failed to suit her. In the end she went with her current attire, Lizzie hoped that it might be enough for Greg's father.
    If it wasn't... Well... It might prove costly for her. She might lose Greg.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Smile and wave (Mason) Empty Re: Smile and wave (Mason)

Post by Mason 9/26/2015, 9:52 am

Greg wore a simple polo shirt buttoned up all the way (his father hated when he only buttoned it up so far, whether it be for relaxing reasons or minor show off reasons) and a nice pair of jeans. He wasn't attempting to look nice for himself or to impress his own father, but he wanted to show that he cared about Lizzie enough to go full out, too. Greg and his dad were alike in the way of first impressions. Greg, if he wanted to, could go away walking around the house in his underwear. Although that would be on the weird side for this occasion.

"He'll like you, I promise. I promise. I.." he faded away, he couldn't promise. Greg checked the time, the butler said his dad would be there by noon, and it was 11:46 AM. "After you meet him, well, um, considering.." he got quieter and said faster, "he doesn't kick you out, but I'm sure he won't, we can go play basketball, baseball, any sport, really, swim, go in the hot tub, go to the movie theater, if it exists, we have it. Okay, that's a bit of an overstatement. But, it's all up to you."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/26/2015, 12:42 pm

Lizzie shuffled awkwardly, doubled checking that her shirt buttons were all correctly buttoned up. She really regretted that she agreed to meet Greg's father, her stress levels by now where through the roof. She listened to him silently, hoping that his father would actually like her but she believed that he wouldn't. After all she was not a millionaire's daughter or from the rich end of society.
    "I would not mind a hottub, it might be nice..." She trailed off, assuming of course his father liked him. Lizzie could do with something to relax her, so a hottub might help her out there. She felt under dressed for the occasion, but she had no fancy formal clothes. Even then she probably would not have felt much better. She reached for Greg's hand, holding tighter than she meant to due to her nerves.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/26/2015, 1:28 pm

Greg felt her hold his hand, and he felt truly sorry how nervous she seemed about this. "Yeah, we could go in the hottub."

"Master Greg, your father has arrived," the butler said.

His father walked in. His father was a handsome man. He has black, neat hair, tan skin, brown eyes, with glasses. He wore a suit, but not really for the occassion, he just arrived from a meeting. His father was late fourties. "Hello, Greg." His father put on a grin, hugging his son. "And this must be Lizzie. Is she..um.."

"Yeah, she's a demigod like me. But she's Roman."

"Romans? Like the ones that you're demigod kind got in a war with?" He put on a serious frown.

"No, no, well..yes, but that was a year ago, and it's changed, Dad."

"Right, right. Marco," he addressed the butler, "put on some classical music. Lizzie, what is your favorite Beethoven piece?"

"I think it's-"

"I asked her, Greg."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/26/2015, 2:08 pm

Lizzie stiffened when the butler informed them of the arrival of her boyfriend's father. She made sure that she was sitting in a correct posture, not slouching. Her heart was pounding in her chest like the desperate flapping wings of a trapped bird. She swallowed her throat dry when his father mentioned the war.
    The war was over, otherwise she and Greg might have met in a prisoner of war camp. For the Greeks of course, the Legion could not have lost the war, right? Still onto the terror at hand.
    "Er..." Lizzie began, she knew of her answer but due to her phobia or well generally difficulty in speaking to males. She took a deep breath to calm herself, wondering if she might be making a fool out of herself.
    "The fifth... Syn... Symphony." She choked out, Lizzie squeezed Greg's hand hoping it would reassure her.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/26/2015, 2:21 pm

Greg felt a bit of relief, he didn't even know Lizzie liked Beethoven. Or it might've just been the only piece she knew. Either way it saved the immediate first impression there. Greg felt her squeezing his hand. He thought of something to say as his father turned on the song. Greg hated this about his dad- they didn't actually act rich when it was just them and the butlers, but everytime they had a guest his father had to go full out just to show how wealthy they were. Greg was pretty sure his father didn't even like Beethoven, or classical music in the first place. Greg sure didn't, rock and rap were his favorites. Even maybe a little country.

"Oh, nice choice. So, Lizzie, how do you feel about the current state of America and it's politics? Who do you think is our next president?"

"Dad, are you asking her about herself or interviewing her on live TV?"

"Greg, why don't you go fetch us all some tea while I talk to Lizzie."

"I can go get some tea, sir," Marco said.

"No, I want Greg to do it."

Greg rolled his eyes, going to do so.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/26/2015, 2:47 pm

Lizzie watched her boyfriend go, hoping that the uncertainty and fear she felt did not reveal itself in her eyes. She was quiet for a few moments, trying to find her voice to answer his questions.
    "I... It is different for me." Lizzie tried to explain to him, her voice quiet. "I'm from Scotland you see sir." For a while American politics confused her and to be honest it really did not interest her.
    "America seems to be all right, the nation is surviving and the defences strong... As for president I'm not really sure who I think will be next." She decided to answer honestly, it might be the best way to keep his dad liking her or at least seeming to like her.
    Lizzie wished that Greg was here with her, not out getting tea like his father instructed. It was nerve racking to be alone with his father.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/26/2015, 3:45 pm

Greg's father nodded, understanding. "Scotland? That is nice. Must be wonderful there. Solid opinion on America. Lizzie, while Greg is off to get the tea, you have to tell me about him. Does he act well in camp? Is his behavior good is what I'm asking." He was curious as to how his son acted, when Greg returned with he tea.

He set three cups down. "Dad, I think we should take her to the theater. I have tons of Marvel movies to watch."

"Why don't you watch (insert fancy French name here)?"

"The five hour most boring movie on Earth? That's not in English?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/26/2015, 3:50 pm

"It is alright cold and wet a lot of the time." She commented on her homeland. "He is a perfect gentleman sir." Lizzie remembered how well she had been treated by his son during their first few dates.
    "I don't speak French." Lizzie added quietly. "Though I speak fluent Latin." She hoped that might impress his father since obviously not speaking French might be a bit of a downer.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/28/2015, 4:21 pm

"Yeah neither do I. My dad just wants to test your attention span," Greg said, rolling his eyes. "Could you not for once, Dad?"

"It's your first girlfriend, Greg, excluding your fake ones while you were little."

Greg blushed. "They weren't fake, just in the form of a doll or something. So, what if she's my first girlfriend? We should take the helicopter for a spin." He grinned.

"I gave Jeffrey- our own personal chauffeur/pilot- the week off."

"Dad-"

"The 5 hour movie or nothing. Any more questions and I'll make you two break up, and that's that."

Greg growled. Wait, a minute..why hadn't he thought of it before? He put this power on Lizzie:
    power:

His dad suddenly said, "second thought, why don't you kids go into the hottub while I do some paperwork. Or you can take her on the T-Rex, Greg."

"Can I drive?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/28/2015, 4:56 pm

Lizzie was quiet well silent whilst they spoke. She felt as though the conversation did not have much to do with her, despite that she happened to be mentioned in it.
    She shuffled on the couch, hoping that she moved in a lady like manner. She had no wish to upset Greg's father. It felt weird to hear from Greg's father that she was Greg's girlfriend. It touched her heart in a warm, kind way.
    "Are you sure that is okay?" Lizzie whispered to Greg, not certain as to how much skill her boyfriend possessed as driving. She could not drive.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/28/2015, 5:24 pm

"Well, yeah, kinda. Sorta. I drove it a few times before coming to camp. Don't worry, we have helmets and all of that stuff. Please? It'll be fun, I promise." Greg smiled, getting up. "Although we should change our clothes into something less nice. I'll just let you wear my dad's girlfriends clothes. I don't even want to know why she has spare clothes here."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/28/2015, 5:37 pm

"Then can we go in the hottub?" Lizzie inquired talking to him quietly, she got slowly to her feet. "Er... No thank you I don't think anything she has will fit more or..." She added rather quietly so that his dad would not hear her. "That I would want to wear them sorry."
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 9/28/2015, 6:52 pm

"It's fine, she's pretty cool, though. At least for a rich women. Not as snobby as you would except, like you see them on TV. The hottub's cool, but I can drive- the T-Rex is a side by side, by the way, not like a plane or anything." Greg started to go upstairs to get his swimming trunks.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 9/29/2015, 2:25 am

"Erm okay I guess." Lizzie knew that she could not really comment on a person she had never met. It would be unfair. "I take it you will have a guest room?" She had brought some stuff of her own in a small suitcase. Just in case she was invited to stay over or if they went swimming or hot tubing. Lizzie wanted to change somewhere private.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/2/2015, 5:32 pm

"Yeah, it's down the hallway, third room on the left." Greg went up, getting changed, and went out to the hot tub, waiting for Lizzie.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/3/2015, 3:34 pm

Lizzie made her way to the spare room and changed quickly, before making her way to the hot tub.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/3/2015, 3:50 pm

Greg saw her coming to the hot tub and smiled. "For a lunch or dinner, what do you want to eat? I could have the butler make us something, or we can eat out, either's fine."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/4/2015, 2:37 am

She climbed in the hot tub, enjoying the sensation of the warm water, it helped to calm her a little. She shrugged at his question. "I don't know Greg."
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/10/2015, 3:30 pm

"C'mon, you've got to be craving at least something. Nerves make you hungry."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/10/2015, 3:35 pm

Lizzie shook her head, settling down in the hot tub. "No I am fine thank you."
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/10/2015, 3:44 pm

Greg felt sorry, he felt as if this was making her too nervous to like even eat. He sighed, looking off in the distance, thinking about how he could help her. Only one thing came to mind. Greg got closer to her. "Hey, what's bothering you?" Greg asked, touching her chin with his index finger.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/10/2015, 3:54 pm

Lizzie wrapped an arm around him. "I... It is just well... I'm worried your dad did not like me." She admitted.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/10/2015, 4:10 pm

"I'm sure he loved you. And, even if he didn't, we wouldn't break up. It's not like he's gonna supervise us at camp.." although that may have been a lie, he would've found a way. Greg went in to kiss her.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/10/2015, 4:26 pm

Lizzie wished that she could have shared his confidence. She pulled away despite wanting to kiss him back. "Sorry but well what if he does? Or if he wants to meet my mother?" Lizzie hardly ever spoke of her mother, she talked to her even less.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 4:40 am