A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Luana Aloha

HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female
    Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2015-10-28

Luana Aloha Empty Luana Aloha

Post by HoshiiTsuki 10/29/2015, 1:16 pm

Name: Luana Aloha, "Luana" meaning the relaxed one, a basis her father felt when he saw her. "As if the strong winds of despair vanished and the calm seas welcomed me a new purpose" as he always stated.

Eyes: Black eyes

Hair: Chest-length wavy black hair

Height: 5”4

Body Type: Normal build for a girl in her teens

Skin Color: Olive

God Parent: Hestia

Mortal Parent: Hikialani Aloha, a family-oriented man hailing from the Hawaiian island. He has no specific God but is always praying to the heavens for the welfare of his home and family, which the Goddess Hestia answered. One day his pregnant wife was killed in a tsunami that landed without warning on the island, in which he was then on a business trip. Tragic and depressed, he quit his job and lived in total isolation on his part of land in the island. Saddened by the fate of the man, the Goddess blessed him with a child he one day found in the hearth of his house.

Country of Origin: U.S.A (Hawaii)

Pets: An Indian Star Tortoise she once saved from a discharged, defective fishing net when she was cleaning the local beach when she was young. She named him Kolohe Kai which means the rascal of the sea as she thought he was so mischievous as to be caught in a net while playing by the beach; A reference also is to a band who was popular at that time with the same name. As she was then young she can only call him Kaiikai, which she continue to call up till now. Apparently, Kaiikai was a child of a neighbors tortoise who got away, seeing as how the young Lulu was fond of him, they entrusted the tortoise to her care.

Talents: A graceful dancer, Surfing, Cooking, Quick reflexes and Great flexibility

Weapon**: A traditional Newa or Hawaiian short club, given to her by her father as a protection from the dangers of the island. After she arrived at CHB, she then tries using Celestial Bronze Swords and Spears, with little practice in those kinds of weapons, she had quite the difficulty as her father trained her with efficient use of pummelling with the Newa. Knowing that she could only defend herself effectively using a Newa, she asked one of the Hephaestus kids to make her one made from Celestial Bronze.

Personality: She is a kind and down to earth person. She hates conflicts above anything else, would think of any other way to resolve a problem other than fights. She is loved by all for her positive nature. Often times she lets out angry outbursts which she regrets every time it occurred. She loves tidying up as and doing home-based activities with her father’s family (e.g. playing board games, celebrating holidays together, cooking for them, etc.) When she’s not in school, doing one of her hobbies or tending to their business, she gets quite uneasy if she was not at home.

Flaws: Contrary to her lovable nature as a child of Hestia, she sometimes lets out angry outbursts which she doesn’t mean. Often sparking misunderstanding and conflict which she deeply regrets which she hates to feel afterwards. In battle, she is fairly weak, frail and bruises easily. Her face is covered in freckles which she often gets teased alot (like cheese-face and later fairy sprinkle after she got popular from doing ballet and hula) by the egoistic popular girls at her school and ballet classmates. Because of this traumatic experience she faces every day, she now gets insecure about her appearance every time or every event that she needs to look her best (e.g. formal party, ballet/hula recital)

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): She has the ability of raising the temperature around her according to her temper, which causes her hair to noticeably frizzing a little. At her fullest anger, the temperature around her would rise not exceeding up to 24*C or 75*F at most, the ideal room temperature for a warm winter night. She also gives off an aura of comfort, beneficial to those who are weary, tired and fatigued, makes them feel at home which replenishes their vital spirit. These only affects up to 10-meter wide radius around her.

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):
    Sacred Hearth-Flame:
    Luana can conjure sacred fire from the palm of her hands. These flame’s ability is contrary to any normal fire, as these revitalizes a comrade’s physical energy and vitality like they just had a quick and relaxing nap rather than the common destruction of burning. The person who is hit or affected by the flame feels utter comfort like s/he is in a front of a soothing hearth in the middle of a winter. She inherited this fire conjuring skill from her mom, just like how the goddess conjured the hearth of Olympus.
    Limitations:
    Lulu can only use this power 3 times per thread. In every conjuration of the flame, she can only use it to invigorate 30 % of the complete energy of a person upto 3 people by a rocks throw near her approximately 10 meters away from her.  After which she gets drained and not be able to use this skill for 5 posts per person she affected. Downside to this skill is that if she throws the flame and the enemy somehow gets hit rather than the comrade, the enemy’s vitality is replenished instead of the comrade.

Life Before Camp*: Her life before camp is normal, living the average life of an Hawaiian girl. She goes to normal a school, gets picked on by the egoistic popular girls, stalks her crush surfing (which urged her to try the sport as well) until she now does it as a hobby. She also joined her school’s ballet class and hula group as she loves to dance or do graceful movements. At home she would do Yoga with her dad, tend to their seaside aqua sports shop and play with her little pet she named Kolohe Kai or as she called him, Kaiikai. As she passed by her 13th Birthday, she noticed something is not right with her, every time she gets angry, the people around her tend to feel hot and her hair keeps frizzing up, much to her insecurities and dismay.

One day, while she was surfing, she made sure that her crush was watching as she tries to impress him with her tricks and swiftness when suddenly something toppled her. Wiped out, she was trying to find her surfboard when she saw it in the distance, as she swam closer to it, she saw one of the most frightening sights she has ever seen. She saw it ripped into 2 by an enormous bite from an enormous shark-like creature. She hurriedly swam to shore when she saw his crush rushing in to the monster, carrying a sword and having….. Goat feet? Thinking she is seeing things she watched as the boy in his 18’s jumped so high with his goat feet and stabbed the monster which apparently was about 5 meters away from her. Unable to open his mouth due to the sword being stuck on it, the monster turned swiftly away and flees into the sea. Shocked and couldn’t say a word, Lulu was brought to shore by the boy. “W…wh…wha… what are you? Wha…. What was that?” Lulu utters in her confusion. “That was a lesser cetea, one of the monster of the sea. You don’t wanna face the bigger ones, even Perseus and Heracles had a hard time” the boy said. “Hello, it’s nice finally meeting you as were only watching me these past few months, well as you saw, I’m a Satyr”. “Monster? Satyr?” Lulu confused. “Let’s get you home, I’ll explain everything, and I’ll talk to your parent too” the Boy said firmly. “Wait, how did you know I only have one parent?” Lulu surprisingly asked. “Long story, I’ll explain on the way” the boy said.

So the boy explained everything and it did not take too long for him to have managed to convince Lulu’s father that she was a Daughter of a Goddess. “I knew she was from the heavens” her dad confirmed. “I have always prayed to the heavens before, and I know that they have never let me down, I always feel their presence.” Her dad said. “That’s why when I saw you in front of our hearth on the day that I found you, I immediately knew that you were a gift from them.” He’s father firmly stated. “If I only knew who your mother is, I would have built her a shrine here in our home” And with that he decided to send Lulu away for summer vacation which apparently was only 2 weeks away “Always keep in touch my little girl, remember you’re my only Ohana, er… and of course your mother who looks after us day by day, If you someday meet her, tell her that I said thank you, okay?”. On that happy note the two hugged like there was no tomorrow, the Satyr couldn’t take the sweetness as he also teared up whilst eating an empty tin can of soda that Lulu’s dad drank a while ago. Shortly after, she arrived to Camp Half Blood with minimal encounters, dismissing her as her not-so-crush anymore Satyr friend frequently sprayed noxious perfume at her which he claims to be a mist for hiding her scent, a magic concoction he bought with drachmas from a magic store run by one of the goddess Hecate's minions.

RP Example*:
    Amidst the fierce food fighting going on inside the dining pavilion, Lulu was utmost upset by the spillage of precious food that the other campers disrespected by throwing at each other in enjoyment. Agitated, her hair frizzed up as she yelled at the other campers. “What do you think you’re doing?! You’re completely wasting precious food! If none of you are going to eat them, you might as well offer them to the Gods!”. The looked of fright and confusion from the other campers got her attention, her siblings from the Hestia table moved far away from her as possible, sweating up like crazy caused by her ability. Quite embarrassed by the outburst, she calmed herself and regained her demeanour. She then hurried along and made an offering to her mother before heading back to the cabin.

Any notes about your characters:
    The perfect epitome of Kilauea, dormant, but can erupt anytime, oh and they're both Hawaiian. Nope not the pizza.

Last edited by HoshiiTsuki on 11/1/2015, 10:51 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Luana Aloha Empty Re: Luana Aloha

Post by Kendall 10/29/2015, 4:11 pm

When she got/gets to camp, will/did she try using Celestial bronze weaponry too?

Add some more to the personality.

For her freckles in the flaws section, do you mean she's insecure about this part of her?

Abilities:
    - By how much could she raise the temperature at most due to her temper?
    - How much of an area around her would this affect?
    - I'm gonna say no to her eyes and hair turning orange.
    - I'm also going to say no to her being able to sense all emotions, since that's a bit of a stretch from what Hestia usually governs.

Powers:
    - In what ways can she manipulate emotions/the atmosphere around her?

LBC:
    - How did she get to camp?
    HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female

Post by HoshiiTsuki 10/29/2015, 11:10 pm

Okay, I've edited it all! hihihi

I was wondering if I could make her hair and eyes bright orange only when she uses her power?
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 10/30/2015, 12:22 am

I thought Hestia was a disallowed godparent due to her being a virgin goddess like Artemis.
    HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female

Post by HoshiiTsuki 10/30/2015, 11:31 am

Lock in the Chatbox said it was okay, like how Athena has demigod children through thought

also there is a Hestia cabin with campers in it ^_^
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/30/2015, 11:42 am

She's allowed, albeit only if she reproduces in an Athena-ish way (as in, through thought or such). Back when the site was first created we let a bunch of gods through that shouldn't have been and subsequently started banning some of them in the future, but Hestia's never really been a problem for anyone since she's fairly family-oriented anyway (and our backstory for how she has kids is that they're formed from thought/love and appear out of fireplaces that aren't in use/some other place where families would gather).

I thought you changed her pet to a tortoise?

Abilities:
    - If you mean she can raise the temperature up to 75 degrees and not by 75 degrees, you should probably rephrase that part a bit.
    - I wouldn't say sensing sincerity is a Hestia thing. Instead, perhaps you could say she gives off an aura of comfort, like one would feel at home?

Powers:
    - I'm going to say no to these powers, since emotional manipulation isn't really in Hestia's repertoire besides making people feel comfortable/calmer and maybe happier.

LBC:
    - I don't think either of them would have survived an attack by Cetus (if you're referring to the one in Perseus' myth), so try another monster.
    HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female

Post by HoshiiTsuki 10/30/2015, 1:12 pm

I've edited it dad, how about that?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/30/2015, 7:48 pm

Any specific species for her tortoise?

Abilities:
    - What's the range of the comforting aura and temperature-raising?
    - You should also clarify that past 75 degrees F she can't raise the temperature any more (and perhaps what happens if she gets angry and the temperature rises even if the room's temperature is over 75 degrees already).

Powers:
    - I'm going to say no to her being able to melt iron; pure iron or thereabouts has a melting point of 2800 degrees F, while we only allow up to 600 degrees F for fire powers.
    - I'm also going to say no to her setting things on fire with her thoughts. You can give her some pyrokinetic abilities like controlling preexisting fire or creating some in her hands or whatever, but doing it via thought is a bit too much.
    - Does the fire last the 2 post limit you talk about, or is it supposed to peter out by itself/with something like water, fire extinguishers, etc?
    - No to her hair and eye color changing when she uses this power.

LBC:
    - So how did her dad react when he first found her as a baby in his home?
    - Also, did the satyr actually kill the monster or did he just make it flee? Even lesser cetea are pretty powerful.
    - How long did it take for the satyr to convince her dad she was the daughter of some Greek goddess?
    - ... What kind of "perfume" was the satyr using on her to hide her scent? A magic potion?
    HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female

Post by HoshiiTsuki 10/31/2015, 4:49 am

Edited ;)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/31/2015, 3:28 pm

... Was her tortoise wild when she got it, or had it been someone's pet that they released?

Abilities:
    - Reduce the range of her comforting aura to around 10 m.

Powers:
    - If you're implying she gets her fire from the hearth on Olympus, this would be a no.
    - Reduce how much energy the fire can restore.
    - You're going to need to define an actual range for her fire rather than a "rock's throw."

LBC:
    - Could you try putting spaces between paragraphs? It's sort of hard for me to read.
    - ... Just to make sure, who made the potion/perfume the satyr used on her?
    HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female

Post by HoshiiTsuki 10/31/2015, 5:52 pm

Edited....
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/1/2015, 2:44 pm

Try connecting the fire power's revitalization ability to Hestia a bit more and then you'll be good. (Makes the target feel more at home/comfortable with their surroundings, perhaps? Or something else.)
    HoshiiTsuki
    HoshiiTsuki

Female

Post by HoshiiTsuki 11/1/2015, 10:51 pm

Edited :D
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen