A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Well...thanks for saving my life. (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Well...thanks for saving my life. (private) Empty Well...thanks for saving my life. (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/13/2016, 5:22 pm

Falko checked her watch for the millionth time. 4:30. Her bus should've been here five minutes ago! Was there a Greek god specific for traffic, because in that case she had wasted the last half hour praying to Hermes. But the god of travel was obviously busy because no bus came in sight.

Sighing, the girl shifted back on the bench and crossed her arms. The two hours of plane had tested her ADHD to its limits, she didn't need this on top.

Readjusting her headphones on her ears, she started bobbing her head to Fallout Boy, absently chewing on her gum. Cars drove past, bikes whirled by. A flow of people came back and forth in the light rain of an early spring afternoon, people Falko tried not to pay too much attention to. Whenever she focused on a random silhouette, feelings arrived, pictures, images of their fears, reasons of nervousness. What will she say if I'm too late, Got to hand this in before 5, Mom can't find out about my calculus mark,... Even though she liked it -- it gave her a sense of power over others -- it could get a little exhausting, especially if she was in a bad mood like now. Hopefully...

"Hey, you got fire?"

Falko looked up. A kid of about her age, maybe a little older, was standing in front of her. He was really handsome, tan, with messy hair and this crooked grin that made a lot of girls go wild. Falko checked her pockets and drew her lighter, handing it to him -- she didn't smoke, but a lighter was something you better keep close when you're a demigod.

"Thank you," he said in a flirtatious voice, taking it and lighting his cig. He drew the first breath and smiled down at her. "Rough day at school, huh?"

She gestured to her bags. "I'm on spring break."

"How sweet, where you off to?"

They started talking and Falko felt herself relax. She grew the smirk she often had when flirting with guys, leaning away a little, pulling her hair back with one hand. If only she had time to refresh her eyeliner! The guy sat next to her so that their knees touched and made her laugh with some witty comments about this and that, as the rain grew stronger and heavier. Falko pulled her bags under the bench, her hood up over her head.

"Wow, it's absolutely pissing it down. Wanna grab a drink real quick? There's a Starbucks down the road."

He helped her carry her bags as they jogged down the street into a small adjacent one. "It's down there on the other side, just follow me," he said as they sidestepped large overflowing bins and hopped over deep puddles. He was just telling her about this one girl in his school who liked to put chewing gums under the teacher's stool so they couldn't pull it back, when he suddenly rammed her against the wall. Her head hit the stone.

"Ow! What the sh!t?"

He punched her in the mouth, she felt her lips split. Under her eyes, his body began to dissolve into wisps of smoke, his eyes glowing and crackling with electricity. Oh no, she thought as she started to remember something she had learned in monster class at camp. Of course he was a monster, this whole thing had been a bit too perfect. Her hand fumbled around her neck to find her amulet, which she ripped off. Twin daggers appeared on her hips, her crossbow latched itself to her back. Her shield unfolded on her arm with a raspy metallic sound. She drew her daggers in one motion and pointed one at the anemos, keeping the other one close for range. This was incredible. She had known about her demi-divinity only for six months, she hadn't even been claimed by whoever her dad was, and she still smelled strong enough to attract a storm spirit?
    The anemos pointed at her, connecting her to him with a streak of white-hot electricity. She screamed and fell down into a crouch, sensing her skin burn. He shocked her again, making her yelp once more. She scrambled away, tossing one dagger at him, the blade hissing as it spun through the air. It flew straight through him but the celestial bronze had inflicted him some damage, judging by his angry growl.

OOC: Quick description: she's punk goth, tall for her age and skinny. She's wearing a black shirt printed with an eyeball, some ripped denims, a studded belt and combat boots. She has semi-long black hair and bold black eyeliner.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Well...thanks for saving my life. (private) Empty Re: Well...thanks for saving my life. (private)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/13/2016, 5:39 pm

Lindsey had been trudging her way home, her ginger hair tied into a single braided ponytail. The ginger hair flowed like a river of fire out of the back of her black baseball cap.
    The rain ran off of her dark brown leather jacket, soaking through to her black shirt. Thankfully she decided against the white one. Knowing her father would wish for her to be home soon, she moved quickly, jogging, weaving and diving her way through the crowds.

She dived down an alleyway only to find herself facing a monster fighting someone who she took to be a demigod. Fury burned in her heart, monsters killed her best friend. Lindsey drew her sword, she always carried a weapon. She gripped it tightly with both of her hands as she stared the monster down. "Hey! Pick on someone your own side you daft monster." Okay, not her most amazing choice of words. Since the other girl and the monster were both taller than her.
    She narrowed her eyes, waiting for the monster to make the first move. After all it could not fight both Demigods easily.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Well...thanks for saving my life. (private) Empty Re: Well...thanks for saving my life. (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/14/2016, 7:19 pm

Falko glanced at the newcomer. Another demigod? Gods be praised! She was small but looked fierce with her knitted eyebrows and vivid green eyes. "Hold up, what do you mean, your own size?" Falko hissed, but the anemos blasted electricity at both of them. Flying backwards, she slammed into the ground and stayed there for a moment or two, unable to breathe.

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/14/2016, 7:52 pm

A bolt of lightning struck Lindsey in the chest and she went flying, hitting the ground hard. She rolled across the ground, remaining down for a few moments. With a groan she managed to get herself to knees, before she got to her feet.
    "Okay lets do this." Lindsey rushed forwards, charging towards the monster. She swung her sword, but the creature was able to avoid her strike.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/14/2016, 8:01 pm

No battle plan, no strategy, just straight old charging. Okay, she's pretty cool, Falko thought as she charged her crossbow with a click and fired bolts at the anemos before running to the side. The key was to remain in constant movement so that the spirit had less chances to hit you with electricity.
    While the girl covered close range with her blade, Falko took long range with her crossbow. More often than not, her bolts were deflected by the strong wind, but sometimes she managed to use that to her advantage by calculating where the gusts would guide her arrows. That way she managed to land a few hits, enough to strain and distract the storm demon.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/14/2016, 8:10 pm

Duck, roll, spin, twist, slash, roll, duck. She found her training coming back to her, the arts of war were no longer a mystery too her. Unfortunately the chosen foe happened to be rather adept at dodging her attacks. Lindsey wondered how the other demigod was doing, hopefully better than she was at attacking the monster.
    A sharp bolt of energy struck her in the chest, it sent her flying back towards the other demigod. The impact knocking both the air out of her lungs and the weapon out of her hand. Lindsey stayed down for a few moments, her hat coming to lying on the ground between the two sets of combatants.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/14/2016, 8:21 pm

Falko watched as the girl landed in a puddle next to her, sprinkling her pants with mud. Anger grew in her. Yes, she was often aggressive, and losing her temper was something that came naturally to the thirteen years old.

"You wanna play it like that?" She shouted over the wind, stepping in front of the other girl. "Get over here!"

Opening one hand, she channelled her emotions through her fingertips, letting her exhaustion and rage fuel her power. The anemos yelped, retreating. Falko kept pushing. It cried out louder, cowering away against the wall, smoke hands covering his face.

"You don't like that, do you, you swamp c*nt!" Falko called, and sent another wave of fear at the demon, who squealed, spread his wings and started flying upwards with a muffled sob.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/14/2016, 8:27 pm

Lindsey managed to roll over onto her back in time to see the monster flying away. "That's right you!" She yelled weakly after its reaching form. "Run!" She struggled to sit up, everything ached. Her mind however screamed at her to rearm herself, she soon spotted her weapon. With a great deal of effort she forced herself to her feet and limped over to her sword. After that she intended to get her hat back.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/14/2016, 8:30 pm

"Hey. You alright?" Falko asked, handing her her baseball cap. It was all mucky and wet, dripping with mud. She quickly studied her -- rain drops ran down her freckled face, wet streaks clung to her face, and her brown leather jacket made her look bulkier than she probably was.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/15/2016, 3:18 am

She accepted the hat, giving it a quick shake to knock off some of the mud and lingering wetness. Lindsey grimaced as she put the cap on. "Yeah I'm fine nothing like a fresh monster fight to liven up your day." The smaller girl needed to look up at the other camper, she had seen her around before but their friendship circles never crossed paths. Lindsey hung round with mostly the other Nemesis children.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2016, 3:33 am

Falko frowned, remembering her face. "You're in the Hermes cabin, aren't you," she said. Falko was in there too, with all the other unclaimed and minor demigods, but the Hermes cabin was so crowded it was virtually impossible to know everyone. Falko stayed in her sleeping bag on the floor next to Marcus and Al, and didn't really socialize with anyone else.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/15/2016, 3:43 am

"Were." Lindsey corrected her with distinct pride in her voice, Nemesis rarely claimed her children according to the majority of campers. Even if she did not have a cabin, the fact that her mother claimed her pleased her no end. "I still live there but I am a child of Nemesis." She wiped her hand on a trouser leg. "Lindsey Callaghan."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2016, 3:56 am

"Falko," she replied, shaking her hand. "Unclaimed." As usual, she didn't say her birth name: Daeseung.

She was a daughter of Nemesis? How lucky! If Falko didn't already have a biologically proved mother, she'd have put her money on Nemesis for her god parent. She honestly envied her children to have such a cool goddess as their mom. If only her father claimed her...

"Nemesis, lucky you," she grumbled through her teeth before picking up her bags, who were drenched and soaked. Yay. "Right," the Asian said, "we shouldn't stick around here too long or we might get attacked again. Are you on your way to camp?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/15/2016, 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/15/2016, 4:24 am

"Well Falko Unclaimed." Lindsey said, holding out a pale hand for her to shake. "Thanks for the battle and saving my hide my father would have been unhappy if I got myself killed today" She smiled at her.
    "I'm sure you will be claimed soon." Lindsey encouraged her, thought she had no idea if or when it might actually occur. She happened to be very lucky or privileged. She honestly never expected to be claimed so it caught her utterly off guard, a rarity since Lindsey happened to be paranoid of being caught unaware.

"No I live in New York so I was visiting my father." She declared happily. "Why are you on your way back to camp?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2016, 4:48 am

"Oh please, spare me the bullcrap," Falko sighed. "If my father cared, he'd have claimed me by now."

The rain had gone back to a drizzle but she still felt ice cold and soaked to the bone. Her beautiful eyeliner had probably run down her face by now.

When Lindsey asked why she was going to camp, she gestured to her bags. "It's spring break. I ain't staying in Vegas when all the tourists roll in."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/15/2016, 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/15/2016, 5:19 am

Lindsey shrugged her shoulders. "Perhaps he is very busy?" She chose her words carefully. After all the last thing she needed right now was an angry and very unhappy god on her tail because she used a wrong word.
    "Fair enough...." Lindsey glanced around nervously. "Do you want to come back round to mine for a bit? Get out of the rain, maybe a shower, I'm sure some of my clothes might fit you." Well maybe a baggy pair of shorts which were way to big on her and a sports t-shirt also to big. Her old aunt back home in Ireland often sent clothes up. It was nice of her, except she thought Lindsey to be very taller instead of tiny.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2016, 8:02 am

"Busy? Yeah probably. Gee, if only gods could be in different places at the same time," she sarcastically said. "Look, I appreciate that you're trying to make me feel better. But it's not worth it."

Grimly glancing at the gray silhouette of the Empire States Building, the Asian teen readjusted her bag on her shoulder, then thought about Lindsey's proposal. Hot shower? Fresh clothes? Maybe some tea? That sounded like paradise right now. But then she thought about camp's hot temperatures, the sun on the hills and the smell of strawberries.... She needed to be there asap. Also, if they stayed together, they'd smell stronger to monsters.

After a moment, she shook her head. "I'm good. I think I'm just gonna go to camp, maybe try and find a cab if the bus isn't coming." Lifting a hand, she smiled at Lindsey. "See you, stay safe." After having walked a couple of yards in the opposite direction, she turned around to look at the bulky little silhouette of a girl. "Oh and....thanks." Smiling again, she turned around for good.

OOC: Next topic?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/15/2016, 3:23 pm

OOC: Or we could continue on in this topic/thread till we reach the present day?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/15/2016, 8:59 pm

OOC: Hmm...that works. So, where to next?
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/16/2016, 2:16 am

The first battle for camp half blood?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2016, 6:14 am

OOC: Maybe a bit before. How about when they joined Kronos? They could've been roommates on the Princess Andromeda.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/16/2016, 12:30 pm

OOC: I thought one was going to fight for good and the other for evil?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2016, 1:05 pm

OOC: Yes that's what we said. But I thought we also established that after a few months, Nemesis would appear to Lindsey and order her to go and fight for camp.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 3/16/2016, 2:04 pm

OOC: Oh of course lol, me forget c:
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/16/2016, 7:15 pm

OOC: Shall I start?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:02 am