A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Brief Departure (Private with Alex)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

A Brief Departure (Private with Alex) Empty A Brief Departure (Private with Alex)

Post by redline2400 4/18/2016, 12:07 am

7pm; the setting sun was getting lower and lower in the west, a pretty sight that the son of Ares was taking in. Until school was out, it would be the last sunset he'd see from the confines of the mythical Camp Half-Blood. A month of waiting wasn't very long - and the time would probably fly by quickly due to the nature of life in the big city - but it was still a woeful sight to see.

Ryan had asked Salem to come see him at the peak of Half-Blood Hill. To him, it seemed like a fitting place for the two lovers to send each other off. It wasn't like he was going too far away - they'd be in the same time zone - and there would be plenty of time for emails and Iris messaging, the a face to face goodbye was something Ryan didn't want to go home without.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

A Brief Departure (Private with Alex) Empty Re: A Brief Departure (Private with Alex)

Post by Green 4/18/2016, 4:56 pm

A Brief Departure (Private with Alex) Tumblr_inline_mr0nk4TFHS1qz4rgp
    Salem honestly didn't want to go see her boyfriend off. Not because she didn't want to see him at all, but because she wasn't good with her emotions and she knew that this might be one of those times when they would be on full display. Nonetheless, the daughter of Hecate made her way up Half-Blood hill wearing jean shorts, a black crop top, and black Greek styled sandals.

"So, you wanted to meet me here?" She avoided eye contact with Ryan, folding her arms over her chest defensively.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

A Brief Departure (Private with Alex) Empty Re: A Brief Departure (Private with Alex)

Post by redline2400 4/18/2016, 5:07 pm

He had been there for a few minutes by now, and Salem was nowhere to be seen. A tad bit anxious at this point (she was the one person Ryan wanted to both send off and bring with him, but even Spirt Airlines charges too much for that to be a reality), the son of Ares looked over his shoulder. And, as if on cue, there was Salem, climbing up to Half-Blood Hill's peak.

She didn't look to be in the kind of mood for much talking, so Ryan didn't want to drag this out any longer than needed. After taking a deep breath, the son of Ares quietly replied "Yep; I figured you should be the one to see me off, given our situation."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/18/2016, 5:37 pm

She shrugged her shoulders. "Well...bye. See you in four weeks or whatever." Her words didn't match her tone of voice. It was softer and not as angry as it usually was. Salem reached out her hand to touch his chest before pushing him back a bit. "Leave." She was having an interal battle with her heart and with her mind.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/18/2016, 5:58 pm

Ryan couldn't help but feel guilty at the moment. He was the cause of Salem's pain and there wasn't an easy way to ease it. He loved Salem, but he was doubting whether the feeling remained mutual at the moment. There time together was short; a moment of juvenile carelessness last fall, a moment of homesty the past Wendsday, a date only a few days ago, and now this - a premature goodbye. His actions were probably hurting her, forming the basis of her cold but quiet demeanor.

Ryan wanted to say something, hopefully something to calm her, but those words were locked away somewhere in his mind. Maybe, just maybe he could hug her or hold her hand or something, but his feet were in concrete and his arms restrained by the straightjacket of guilt. Despite Salem's instance for Ryan to leave, he remained put, his emotions restraining him.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/18/2016, 7:51 pm

What? He was still standing there? What, did he need Salem to throw fireballs at him until he finally decided to leave?! She glared up at him with her mystical green eyes as if she was challenging him. Those same green eyes softened and soon they turned down to her Greek sandals.

After a while, she left out a frustrated sigh and took his hand. "Here." Salem turned his hand palm up and started to form something out of the Mist. It was a necklace with a silver torch crossing over a sword to signify their relationship. "Wear this or don't I don't care."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/18/2016, 8:07 pm

Ryan studied the necklace in his hand, taking a careful look at it's main feature. The two symbols of their parents, one over the other. It was a nice gesture; one that brought some reassurance to him. But Ryan's guilt was still there; weakened only enough for him to woefully sigh. "I don't deserve this. After all the crap I've put you through since yesterday, I don't deserve this."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/18/2016, 8:35 pm

"I didn't ask you if you deserved it or not, just take the damn thing." She wasn't taking no for an answer so he could wear this thing voluntarily or involuntarily. The choice was his. "And...here." She leaned in a gave him a kiss on the cheek. "That should hold you for about a month."

OOC: Quick question, have they kissed before this? Like, kiss-kiss?
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/18/2016, 8:52 pm

OOC: No, actually. I don't even think they've gone past hugging, which has only happened once.

BIC: Well that did it. There wasn't much left for Salem to say or do that could prove to Ryan that their relationship was still active. Knowing that feelings were still mutual, Ryan put the necklace one, sticking the crossed symbols under his shirt. Without a word, the son of Ares looked over at his witch of a girlfriend for the first time since initially seeing her. Putting an arm around her, he brought Salem in to give her a kiss of his own. "I hope that holds you over 'till May."

OOC: Like Salem's kiss, Ryan's was on the cheek.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/18/2016, 9:46 pm

OOC: Okie dokie, just curious.

BIC: Salem smirked. "It probably wont, but it'll have to do." She slowly started to hug him back, taking a deep breath before exhaling. "Try not to get yourself killed by a monster okay? Your scent will be stronger because you're an Olympian demigod and because you know that you are one."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/18/2016, 10:58 pm

"I'll be fine, worry about yourself for now, ok?" Ryan was ready for the monsters. He was trained, armed, and knowable. Now all he had to do was put all of that time at camp to work whilst juggling the last of his teenage responsibilities. In his head, it was easy to run through, but experience taught Ryan that it would be much harder to do in practice.

Finally, and reluctantly, Ryan ended the hug. "Well Salem, this is it." Ryan was more confident, now that him and Salem were back on good terms. He looked back at the camp one last time, hoping he'd be able to see that image again a month from now. "Goodbye Salem. See you in May." Ryan headed down the hill, ready to take on the mortal world one more time.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/19/2016, 7:12 pm

Salem waved goodbye to Ryan, frowning some. Although they were good now, she still didn't want him to leave and because she didn't want him to leave, she felt like she was being selfish. Sighing, she responded. "Bye, Ryan." Salem watched him leave before turning back and walking back down the hill.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 4/19/2016, 7:15 pm

OOC: Annnnd...scene. I think you get what I mean.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 3:58 pm