A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Run Fast As You Can

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Run Fast As You Can Empty Run Fast As You Can

Post by Belle 6/3/2016, 2:07 am

Aurelia had been at the climbing wall today. She wasn't typically at the climbing wall, but even she thought it was good to have some kind of survival background on you. She didn't fight and go into combat, but didn't mean she couldn't be prepared to handle with what the nature could possibly throw her way. Lia was coming down from the wall at this point, after successfully getting to the top, which was the first time ever. She was quite happy with her progress, and by this point she was skipping to take a much needed break when she heard a voice raising and some kind of argument. She stopped in her tracks and she walked over. "Exc-" She was cut off a bit as the arguing continued.

Instead of raising her own voice she wiggled her way in between the two to sever the gaze they had towards each other. To the boy in front of her with brown hair and blue eyes, "Hey Mr.grumpy face, I think we need to settle down just a tad, don't you think?" She suggested with the usual smile plastered on her face.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Run Fast As You Can Empty Re: Run Fast As You Can

Post by Metilinos 6/3/2016, 2:25 am

"You just don't get it." Dimitri argued back to Joseph. Joseph got angry, even more than he already had been.

"Yeah, are you going to do something about it?" Joeseph shot back at him.

"Yeah, maybe I just will, and afterwards, you're gonna-" Dimitri didn't get to finish his sentence before a girl cut in, quite literally cut in.

Oh great, it was one of these campers. Those who felt they could make a kind negotiation to solve any problem the world had. They lived in a dream world, thinking that they could negotiate the world's battles. He sighed, looking down at the girl in front of her. She was more close than social conventions would allow for, considering Dimitri and Joseph had already been in one another's face.

Joseph backed away, spitting on the ground. "We'll 'talk' later. Watch your back."

"You do the same." Dimitri called after him. The difference was, Dimitri knew Joseph, as he had always been, was only full of hot air, hot air that Dimitri fully intended on deflating, at least a little. He instigated far too often, most people understood he was a stressed out demigod, but he was only making people's lives worse.

He looked down to the girl in front of him, the most noticeable feature was the rainbow hair. "Y'can back up now." Dimitri bluntly stated.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/3/2016, 2:28 pm

It wasn't long before the whole situation defused and the one guy left. Lia already felt accomplished for the day. She was told she could back up, and so she took a step back. "Hello! I'm Lia, I know I called you Mr.Grumpyface, but I assume you have an actual name. I mean most people do. Sooo, that guy, huh? he can really get on the nerves." She said at least trying to bring humour into the situation. Lia was generally the type to try and make conversation no matter the situation or who the person was.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/4/2016, 3:01 am

She got lucky this one time, Dimitri figured. At least Joseph had walked away, and that was something good that happened today. The girl stepped back and introduced herself, but her cheerfulness hadn't amused Dimitri.

"What are you doin'? Do you understand the risk you take gettin' in the middle of that?" Dimitri asked   "And I do mean, literally, gettin' in the middle of that. Yeah, I don't like that guy, but realize he ain't really gentle. What if it wasn't even us? Would you be ready if one of us had gotten violent?" Dimitri asked, though his voice wasn't angry, he genuinely wanted her to understand.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/6/2016, 12:11 am

Aurelia hadn't thought too much about how someone would react to her in the situation after it defused. She figured both parties would go their seperate ways, but it seemed more like this guy wanted to lecture her a little as if she was a dumb naive kid.

Lia actually knew what she was doing was the thing. After he spoke she exhaled softly. "You see, to you there may be risk, and I might be a silly naive girl who doesn't know what she's doing, but I can assure you there is method to my madness. My whole lifes purpose is to be a mediator and keep the peace. If I can do that and defuse an argument or fight in a calm manner, i have one. When people fight, that anger they have consumes them to the point they don't remember where they are in that very moment. That anger fuels them and takes over the drivers seat of their life and they need that deer in the head lights to show up, remind me of reality. Most times a situation fades out once i enter a situation, although you aren't wrong when you mention true concerns. To me I see me getting involved ending in a few ways, the situation defuses, or they use me as their punching bag until they realize what they've done, or I die. I'm okay with either of them, because I'd be doing my job. If I die succeeding or even doing my job, I've died with dignity. You may not see it the way I do, but it is the way I live and the way I enjoy living. "
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/6/2016, 12:56 am

Dimitri looked at the girl, she began speaking with some very serious subjects. In a way, it held some weight to Dimitri. But he was relatively quick to dismiss it. "It's a nice thought, maybe there was a time I woulda thought somethin' similar." Dimitri admitted, though he didn't take any joy in it. "Fact is, it's in vein though. Even if y'could stop everyone from fightin', it's all in vein. They have to go out there someday, and just 'cause things can be peaceful in here, don't change a thing out there. And everyone's gotta leave the camp someday. 'Sgonna happen to all of us." Dimitri explained to the girl.

"If you die, you're just pavin' the way for monsters. The less of us there are, the more monsters can target us, one way or another. No, you gotta be ready to fight. If you don't fight, you die." Dimitri's voice had come by as serious by now, this subject to him, was life and death. "If you baby people, they're gonna be cattle."
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/7/2016, 7:26 pm

"I don't have to fight though. I don't have to die, and I can still contribute. If everyone just stopped fighting, then no one would have to die due to cruel and malicious intent." Lia said crossing her arms a little bit and she studied the guy in front of her. He was an interesting one of sorts, and Lia wanted to learn more about him and figure things out. "The thing is, monsters are after us all because of our parents. If our parents had been decent people from the start and they hadn't screwed many people over, maybe we wouldn't have monsters after us just to get revenge on parents. This all stems from fights, and if we had just been a peaceful group to begin with, we wouldn't have to fight now. I think we can still achieve that eventually." Lia said in a rather lengthy explanation.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/9/2016, 10:37 pm

Dimitri listened to her, and for a moment, it made a click with him. How the hell had Lear made first contact with monsters anyway? Was their parents less hated than other gods? Dimitri himself was attacked by more monsters than he ever would have imagined, at least, for the child of a minor god. He wasn't sure he wanted to steer her from her faith, it was her choice to make. Granted, he felt it was a stupid one, one that would get her killed eventually.

"That would be a kind world." Dimitri commented. "But I don't see that happenin'. I don't know what you've been through with them, and I ain't 'bout to pretend I do. But I can promise you, and that ain't somethin' you should take lightly, that if every monster out there knew the things I'd done? They'd hunt my kids, same as the children of the gods. There's us and them. Everythin' I've done to them, it's so that we could live. They've taken from us, more blood than could ever be repayed. If something' ever happened and they wanted a truce, I wouldn't give it to them." Dimitri confessed. "If they take from you, what will you do, Lia?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/15/2016, 11:24 pm

"We've taken from them for years. Two wrongs don't make a right. We've wronged them and they wronged us. It is a never ending cycle, but cycles can be ended if people just try. People who segregate everything are the reason why things don't work. There is only an us and a them because we make it that way, we don't have to. " Aurelia said to Dimitri in all seriousness. She had a ton of thoughts swirling in her mind, and she had never really been able to express her thoughts and opinions freely. "I will forgive. They did take from me. Not directly or anything, but they did. Because of all the hatred and the cases of dead and missing demigods with this whole Lear thing, I lost one of my family members. An area had to be scouted and because of the place and time he was in, he died. I lost my cousin because of all of this, but I have forgiven it all. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time." Lia said with a little bit of sadness in her voice, but she already mourned her cousin's death in her own time. "What did they take from you? My ideals may not match yours and you may even perceive them and me to be dumb, but I know people fairly well and pick up on things quite easily. Actually your face is a little familiar... Dimitri. That's your name. I remember seeing you in the strawberry fields, much different compared to now. They've taken a lot from you, and I can see deep down underneath all the talk you suffer from it. But hey what do I know? I'm just a chirpy vacuous daughter of Iris, right? How could I possibly know you or how you feel? I'm wrong? But tell me something, why are you getting into fights with people who don't matter? where are your friends to pull you away from such idiotic things? This is just a guess here, but you pushed them away because deep down there is that hurt that you don't want to risk getting damaged more, am I right? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be right, by any means, because if I am, I'm very sorry for you and everything you have had to endure, I don't want to be right at all, but this is how I am understanding your behaviour. Please, I'd love to be proved wrong."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/16/2016, 3:10 am

Dimitri listened to her. She intrigued him, she was clearly strong enough to stand up for herself, so why wasn't she strong enough to stand up against the monsters? When she began to talk about her thoughts on what happened to him, Dimitri carefully analyzed every bit of it. His expression hardened.

"When they take from us, we don't get to come back. When we take from them, they're just on a clock 'till they get to come back." Dimitri said, and he was firm. There was no negotiating with them, they who viciously slaughtered and fed on them. The bruise on the side of his head had suddenly felt more existent than previously, while he thought about the last time he saw Heath. "I'm sorry about Heath. I was there when he died." Dimitri elected to not talk about the fight they had, and even avoided mentioning that he was strong. He didn't want to give Lia anymore clues to work with.

"I have friends. A botanist named Alex, a warrior named Brianna, a healer named Dakota. Hell'uva a lot more too. I know what they mean to me, do you?" Dimitri challenged. His loyalty to his friends was still true, despite their lack of talking as much as before. Everything he did wasn't for him. It was for them, and especially for Dominika.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/16/2016, 9:30 pm

Aurelia took what he said into consideration, but she wasn't sure how she felt about the new information that surfaced. She couldn't tell him how his own life went, she could only make intuitive guesses, and those could be wrong just as easily as she could get a math problem wrong (Which was very easy for her. She wasn't good at mathematics.)

"In a way, do you think deep down when we go way back to the end of time, do you think they want to come back? They never get to rest. Maybe they do for a short while, but it'd be like running a marathon and getting a five minute break before you have to come back up and do it again because there was a problem with something. I don't think anyone would want that." Lia said rambling a little bit as she was quite deep into her thoughts at this point. This whole situation was giving her food for thought, and was bringing her opinions to light, this didn't generally happen a lot.

"But where are they right now? they aren't here to help you stay out of reckless fights. They aren't here in your time of need, then again maybe they don't know, or like I said I'm wrong and you aren't suffering at all. They sound like good people, Dimitri. Keep them close. Cherish your loved ones before it's too late. Even if you think you're doing them service staying away from them, find them, and hold them oh so close, because it could very well be the last time you see them. You never know." Lia said with a bit of a bittersweet feeling left in the air around her. "Don't be sorry about Heath, it was his time to go."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:00 pm