A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

RDragon
    RDragon

Female
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2013-04-09

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE] Empty we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

Post by RDragon 4/22/2013, 8:48 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Spring was just around the corner and Alex could tell from the cold breeze that whipped her face. Her red-orange hair fanned out behind her as she maneuvered the bicycle near the edge of the lake. One of her friends, a son of Hermes, had lent her a mean mountain bike. Although she doubted the legality of him acquiring such thing, Alex deemed it as none of her concern as she took it out for a spin. It took her a while to relearn how to ride a bike, being out of practice, but soon enough she found herself zooming across the courtyard like a pro. Now, she was cycling around the lake faster than she should. One wrong move and she would be sent plunging into the water. Alex laughed as she threw the lake a sideway glance. As if that would actually happen, she thought.

Alex was so preoccupied that she hadn't considered another bad possibility happening until her eyes flickered to what was ahead of her. Hurtling along the dirt path at breakneck speed, she realized too late that there was a boy in her way. Uh-oh. Her jaw tightened as she began squeezing the brakes. The bike lurched slightly and she knew full well that she wouldn't stop in time. If she suddenly forced the bike to stop, the momentum might cause her to lose balance and fall into the lake. Her heart pounded as she closed the distance between them. She was less than ten feet away now...

"HEY!" she yelled across the wind. Only five feet away. "GET OUT OF THE WAY!"
    the truth never set me free so i'll do it myself
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE] Empty Re: we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

Post by Bell 4/22/2013, 10:01 am

Salvador Warrick was walking, having some quality time with his sword before a girl seemed to decide that she should cool herself down in the cold lake…using an absurd way, which involved a bicycle with such speed and an unconscious intention to menacingly flatten him to the ground. His instinct, thankfully, took over as soon as his ears caught the loud warning. He took a long jump to the right and fell on the grass, while the spot where he was a few seconds ago was mercilessly ran over by the bicycle. There were wheel prints on the ground, and Salvador gulped. A second late and he could have been a flat demigod.

As he looked at the bicycle, he instantly knew that the bravest thing to do was to stop it, but hey, he isn’t as strong as Atlas, or as crazily brave as Sisyphus, who holds a huge rock for eternity, and he just couldn’t afford to break his arms or legs if he dares to fight it. All that he could say was “Hey! Watch out!” while he sat on the green land, shocked. He first intended to make his tone angry, but he had to take it off. The bicycle was still going down, and there was a rock a few feet away, a small rock that the girl didn’t notice but dangerous enough to send her flying into the lake. Alarmed, Salvador stood up and desperately shouted, “Gods of Olympus, WATCH OUT!”
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE] Empty Re: we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

Post by RDragon 4/22/2013, 10:40 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Alex let out a sigh of relief as she sped past the boy who was now on the grass. Thank the gods for fast reflexes, she thought. Although the bike hadn't slowed down enough for her to ride safely, Alex already loosened her hold on the brakes. The adrenaline rush had not yet faded, her heart still racing as she comprehended what happened. By some miracle, she and the boy were in one piece. She smirked. The danger had passed.

Oh how she was mistaken.

Alex heard the boy's warning but it was already too late. The bicycle gave a frightening lurch from under her. It had bumped into the rock, small enough to fit into the palm of Alex's hand, but the force was strong enough to throw her off her seat and send her flying into the lake - the very cold lake. Alex didn't even have time to scream before her body struck the icy surface with a resounding splash.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Post by Jules 4/22/2013, 11:28 am

OOC: Guys, no vehicles in camp grounds.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/22/2013, 1:28 pm

ooc: whoops sorry oTL
    I'll change the bike into a horse if Bell gives the go ahead.
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Post by Jules 4/22/2013, 2:09 pm

OOC: Actually, turns out bicycles are allowed (: The rule is going to be edited to specify motor vehicles. Sorry!
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 4/23/2013, 2:02 am

Salvador’s heart just did the impossible as soon as the girl plunged into the lake. It skipped a beat. He, for a few seconds, stood there in a shocked state of mind. A gust of wind soon made him to regain himself and he ran to the lake. He really didn’t think of anything else as he threw his sword away (sorry, sword) and jumped into the lake. As he made his way underwater, he began to think why in the world he could be in this kind of position. He could have been walking back to his bunk right now…and come to think of it, he barely knew the girl. Salvador snapped himself out of the trance. People’s lives are lives. They don’t differ, and Salvador was gruffly sure that saving someone would not hurt him. Why couldn’t an a child of Ares save the day?

He swam in silence for a moment and there he saw the girl, pulling herself down to the deep. Her expression was mystifying, for it seemed like she was having a nice sleep. Salvador could just stare at her for a long time, but the cold water reminded him that he is not a child of any water gods. He would soon run out of breath. He swam as fast as he could and caught her arm, dragging her out from the lake. As he was doing that, however, he could feel that he couldn’t hold for much longer. He kicked his feet with all of his strength and reached for the surface. 3 meters…1 meter…and yes, they were out. Salvador managed to pull the girl out—she was unconscious, but other than that, she was fine—but his leg…when it slipped down as he was trying to get himself up. It didn’t break, but it sure had bad bruises when Salvador examined it. He couldn’t do anything else for the moment—he was exhausted!—so he sat there in silence.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/23/2013, 5:43 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    It was a whole new perspective being underwater. Everywhere Alex looked she saw nothing, nothing but blue. Every now and then a small shadow would flick past, fishes sliding out of her sight as quick as they came. The lake's creatures minded their own business and did nothing to the slowly drowning girl. The impact of the fall had rendered Alex immobile it seemed and all she could do was to let the water carry her deeper into its depths. A few bubbles slipped from the corners of her lips. Her oxygen supply was diminishing fast. Swim, she tried to tell herself, but her mind seemed to have trouble processing the simplest of commands. Her arms and legs were starting to get too heavy and they weighed her down... This was it... Alex closed her eyes...

Next thing she knew she was sprawled face-down on the bank. The grass felt ticklish under her but that was the least of her worries. Her clothes stuck to her body like glue and she could feel drops of water sliding down her skin and into the ground. Alex's pulse raced as her hazy mind came to a realization. She could still feel all these things, which meant that one of her senses was still working. It meant that she was still alive.

With great effort, Alex tried rolling on to her back but only managed it halfway through, lying on her side as coughs wracked her small frame. Her throat hurt with every cough but she could no longer help it - her body was doing its best to get as much water out of her system as possible. It didn't help that her clogged nose slightly stung every time she tried to breathe. Alex forced herself on all fours, planting her palms firmly on the ground for support. Cough, cough, wheeze. For the next few moments, nothing was heard but her endless coughing. At the moment, Alex didn't wonder how she got back on land alive and breathing. All her focus was on keeping herself that way.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 4/25/2013, 9:31 am

Salvador sneezed. The water sure was cold, and not to mention the wind…oh, how he wished that he’d brought a blanket with him! At the moment, he gravely wanted to complain…to be mad…to be angry at the wind and the water spirits…but he realized that he was not able to do it. He winched as his leg refused to hold his weight, and with a sad sigh he sat down again. He touched the bruise and narrowed his eyes, holding the pain as he moved it. “Don’t tell me that you broke yourself,” Salvador said. The leg did not answer back. He shook his head and smashed himself on the grass. Soon enough, his vision went dark.

The sound of horrible coughing brought Salvador back to his senses. He got up as fast as he could and saw the girl…she was not unconscious, thankfully, but she was coughing so hard that Salvador feared she could throw out her whole stomach. He wanted to get up and patted the girl’s back, but alas, his bad leg didn’t approve. He could only say, “Are you okay?”

RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/26/2013, 9:07 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    "Are you okay?"

Alex sucked in a raspy breath at the question, trying to quell her coughs as her watery eyes flew to the speaker. She couldn't make his features out well but he seemed as drenched as she was, sparkling water dripping from his clothes and hair. He must have been the one to pull her to safety. Alex's cheeks flushed at the thought of being saved by a total stranger. Great first impression, Alex.

"I'm good," she managed to get out, albeit a little hoarsely. She was still half-lying on her side, both hands gripping the grass and the dirt as she attempted to steady herself. Her vision was still cloudy as she squinted at the boy. "Are you?"
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 4/26/2013, 9:52 am

“No,” Salvador shrugged honestly, looking at the girl he just draggled out from the water. He couldn’t find any reason to say otherwise…he was not in his best condition, after all. His blonde hair was dripping with water, and his clothes were soaking wet. One of his legs was most probably broken, and the bitter pain made Salvador felt that he wanted to pelt it away. And despite all of that, he was exhausted…he was not a superhero with an awesomely mighty strength. Why should he say yes?

The girl, however, looked worse than him. He could understand that, since flying into the lake without any oxygen mask is not an exciting experience. “Do you need to go to the infirmary?” He finally said.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/26/2013, 10:38 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Alex bit her lip at the response. Well, at least the boy was being honest. But he wouldn't have been in his state right now if it wasn't for her... Alex quickly shrugged the guilty thoughts off. Past is past. Besides, thinking about it only made her feel sicker.

Alex finally mustered enough strength to pull herself into a sitting position after a few attempts. Her body still protested; it ached everywhere. Her nose stung, her ears felt waterlogged, her eyes seemed so sore that she didn't have to be a genius to know that her irises were riddled with red lines, and - she realized with a shiver as a gust of wind blew past - she was so damn cold. And if that wasn't enough, her head was still swimming and her vision hadn't totally cleared yet.

"I'm fine," Alex stubbornly insisted - well, more like lied really. She raked her fingers through her faded red hair, the original blonde color peeking out from the washed out dyes, and found it uncomfortable how the strands were plastered around her neck and face. "I think you should," she said breathily. "I can't see you very well but you don't seem to look so good."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 4/28/2013, 5:47 am

Salvador watched the girl and was surprised as he heard her answer. He didn’t need any truth detector to find out that she was lying…she was obviously not fine. Her expression was tragic…her clothes were wet—seeing her trembling and shivering was a hint that she was feeling cold. And her eyes—oh, what’s wrong with her?—they were clearly not in focus…as if she was looking at blurred objects. Salvador wanted to shout at her and tell her that she is not okay, but the girl’s tone stated that she would be persistent about her last statement.

“Okay, how about this,” Salvador reached out for his sword and with gritted teeth he hardly stood up, “Both of us need to go to the infirmary, unless you have some ambrosia somewhere near here.”

RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/29/2013, 7:10 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Alex rubbed her eyes. Her vision was beginning to clear but only barely. "Hm, okay," she agreed a bit grudgingly as she shifted her weight to the balls of her feet. She tried to push herself up but to no avail - her legs didn't seem to want to carry her just yet. A soft sigh slipped out of her pale lips. "Just... give me a moment."

Taking a few deep breaths to regain what was left of her composure, Alex used the time to squint at her savior. He was blond, she realized, and he looked vaguely familiar. Was it possible that she had met him before? Oh! Alex blinked at the realization. He was the boy she nearly ran over with the bike! The bike!

"Damn!" Alex exclaimed, her glassy eyes widening. A cold chill that had nothing to do with the wind ran down her spine. She glanced around wildly, her head pounding at the motion but she ignored the pain. Oh gods, what if it was destroyed? She didn't even realize how her thoughts turned into spoken words. "Warren is going to kill me..."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 4/30/2013, 9:12 am

Salvador staggered as he tried to stand. His hands were holding his sword hardly, and his vision was momentarily blurred. He narrowed his eyes and saw that the girl he just saved was looking at him…in bewilderment. Self-consciously, he looked down at himself. Was he that dirty?

But then he heard her desperate cry.

"The bike!” she had said.

“Oh, the bike!” Salvador walked weakly to stand beside her and gave her a guilty smile. “It kinda fell down with you into the lake, and I didn’t pull it out. Sorry.”

RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 4/30/2013, 9:42 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    It took Alex a full five seconds to process what the boy had said. "Oh no," she mumbled. She bowed her head and clutched it with both hands. "No no no... this couldn't be happening... Warren is definitely going to kill me..."

Looking up once more, she realized that the boy had come to stand beside her. Alex rose to her feet with a pained huff. The mere motion made her nauseous, although that may have been because of how fast she tried to stand up in her condition. "No need to be sorry. S'not your fault. Actually I should be thanking you," she said, managing a weak smile. "You kinda saved my life."
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/2/2013, 10:33 am

Salvador tilted his head and winched as he tried to move his bad foot. His brain was still clogged with water, and it seemed that he still need another minute to be fully focused on the latest event his eyes just showed him. He simultaneously looked at the lake, and then at the girl, and finally he decided that he couldn’t do anything to save that bike. It probably had been really rusty and wet and…broken. And again, he had to blink for a few moments to eventually grasp the words the girl just said.
    “Oh, that’s nothing,” he said, trying his best not to sound too proud. “Anyway, I’m Salvador.”
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/3/2013, 4:13 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Alex listened to Salvador introduce himself, swaying a little on her feet as she did so. Water dripped continuously from her clothes and hair, splattering the ground below. The breeze made her shiver once more and she wrapped her arms around herself tightly. "I'm Alex," she said. "Nice to meet you. Now let's get your leg treated."

Guilt washed over her as she glanced at his bruised leg. It was bad enough that she had to lose the bike. Why did she have to drag another person into her mess? Here they were now, two demigods soaked to the bone and barely on their feet, trying to get to the Big House.

"I'm really sorry," she said quietly. Sorry didn't cover it though. Sorry was just a word, and a mere word couldn't make up for what she had caused. But then, it was all she could offer. What else can she do?
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/4/2013, 12:24 pm

It needed a few seconds to swallow Alex’s apologize—which was not too bad, since Salvador had to take a full minute to understand her words earlier. But it did make him felt uncomfortable as he carefully moved his feet and took some painful steps away from the lake. No one had said a truly, really sincere apologize to him before her.

A chill went down to Salvador’s spine as soon as his brain finally processed the message. He felt warm all of the sudden—which even had nothing to do with his wet clothes and the harsh, big wind—and he terribly hoped that he didn’t blush. Hey, he didn’t get that kind of sentence everyday!

“Ah, uh, it’s no big deal,” He turned gaze away from Alex, a teardrop of water dropped down from his hair as he did so, trying to sound as normally rough as possible.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/5/2013, 9:04 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Resisting the urge to chuckle at Salvador's pink-tinged cheeks, Alex responded with a relieved smile. Even with Salvador's attempt to shrug it off like it was nothing, she could tell that her apology had not landed on deaf ears. Thinking about it brought the bike back to her mind and she suppressed a cringe. She doubted that the Hermes kid she now owed a bike to would not be as kind as Salvador even with the best and sincerest apology she would come up with.

The cold wind blew once more as they walked, melting the smile off her face. She gritted her chattering teeth hard. This was one of the times where she absolutely detested being a daughter of Apollo. It would have been more beneficial to her situation if she were a daughter of a wind or an ice god. Heck, if Poseidon had hooked up with her mother instead, maybe Salvador wouldn't have needed to save her sorry behind. But then, she thought ruefully, maybe I would've gotten involved in troublesome prophecies and other stupid adventures. That thought alone quickly banished any desire of being a kid of the powerful sea god.

"So," Alex said, cutting the silence before it could become too long for comfort, "who's your parent? Mine's Apollo." Even with her attempt to keep her slightly shaking voice controlled, there was still a rough edge to her tone when the sun god's name left her lips. She acted like it was nothing though, more interested and curious as to what the boy's answer would be. Anything to keep her mind off the bike and the nasty spring breeze.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/5/2013, 1:04 pm

Salvador had engulfed Alex's question quickly as his brain regenerated by its own, but he did not answer for some steps. He shifted his feet and moved a little, holding up the pain as he did so…but his mind was not really into it. He was actually thinking deeply…one thing that people from his cabin normally don’t do.

It didn’t feel right. Salvador felt that it didn’t seem right to tell it to her…but a clump of his brain protested. He usually likes to tell his awesomely godly father to people while holding up his sword—which now he used as a walking stick, tragically—but today, in this minute, with Alex walking beside him, dripping water from her clothes, he felt uncomfortable to boast. He frowned as the brain kept protesting and lamenting, and it seemed that there was no choice but to tell her. The aspect of not making her recognize his father might break him down…he almost contradicts his own habit. He took a deep sigh and turned to Alex.

"Ares," Salvador answered.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/6/2013, 12:24 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Alex stopped in her tracks, seeming as if the chilly water had actually frozen her into place. She was saved by a son of Ares. Ares. The knuckles of her right hand tingled at a certain memory, one that coincidentally occurred in the same place they were in now.

She stood there unmoving, staring at Salvador as if seeing him clearly for the first time (metaphorically of course; she could barely see through the little drops of water pooling in her lashes). The boy she had thanked for saving her life, the boy she had even apologized to, was a son of Ares. He was part of the cabin that terrorized kids on many occasions, and even she had fallen prey to their antics more than once. At one point, Alex was even convinced that they were just brutes who had nothing better to do but fight. She loathed them on principle and she was pretty sure that the feeling was mutual. Now, she had so much trouble believing that Salvador was one of them.

"You are a son of Ares," Alex stated simply, devoid of emotion. Maybe she just hadn't heard him right. Her ears still buzzed after all.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/8/2013, 11:19 am

“You heard what I’ve just said,” Salvador actually smiled lightly at Alex, even though he didn’t know why in the world could he possibly do that, with pain all over his leg and his wet, cold clothes…but he did. For a moment, he dumbly didn’t recognize the sudden change on Alex’s tone, and for a few moments he’d thought that standing side by side with a brutal son of Ares was not a problem with her.

But he finally realized that she was actually looking at him with a new expression. His smile morphed into a sour frown as he recognized that face. It was actually a face full of disbelief…anger…and…and disgust—wait a second. Why did she show that kind of expression to him? He didn’t do anything wrong, didn’t he? The only things that he did were to tell who his god parent is and save her life!

“Alex?” Salvador carefully took a small, unnoticeable step away from her. “What’s wrong?”

RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/9/2013, 3:53 am

ALEXANDRA WEST
    n n n daughter of apollo
    Salvador was really a son of Ares. The mere fact made Alex scowl a bit. She was saved by one of the people she wanted so badly to banish to the deep dark pits of Tartarus. And she technically owed him her life. Never would she have guessed that she would owe her life to a fricking son of Ares.

"It's nothing," she said, her tone clipped. She paused a little, watching water drip down his blond hair. "It's just... Your brother almost killed me once."

Maybe that was a bit of an overstatement. Maybe her anger was unjustified. But then, Alex's mind was not in the best state and she was chilled to the bone. Her scowl had faded by now but her forehead was creased and her lips twitched slightly, as if unsure whether to form a smile or a frown. She even subconsciously started to flex her right fingers. They had been broken that fateful day (and what do you know? It also took place in the lake), along with a few other bones that required her to recuperate in the infirmary for an eternity. It was awful.
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/12/2013, 4:19 am

“O-one of my brothers, you say?” Salvador said in disbelief and turned to Alex, bewildered. “But—“he tried to say things, but his mouth shut itself, refusing to speak even a letter. He’d known his half siblings for a quite long time now…and he knew that even though they were pegged as evil, brutal, crazily bad, and whatever things other people can think of, but he just couldn’t believe that one of them actually almost killed a girl. But…

“Almost killed me…” Alex’s sound resonated in his mind and it kept repeating it over and over again…he couldn’t just whisk the problem off his mind. A rush of guilt washed away all things in his mind, and the only thing he thought of right now was Alex…and her problem…although he knew that it was not a great idea to be not aware of what he was doing while he was half-climbing the slippery ground.

His bad foot stumbled on a piece of rock and he fell down onto the ground, his face pressed the wet, muddy ground. He groaned as he woke up, but it was worth it, since it brought him back to the reality. Muddy- faced and bewildered, Salvador thought of one question. “Who did…that?” he blurted it out.

OOC: Hi! I’m really sorry, but due to the upcoming and on-going exams, I’m not able to post every day. Right now, I’m starting to post once per two days, but if I can, I’ll try to post every day. Is that okay with you?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 1:39 pm