A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

RDragon
    RDragon

Female
    Number of posts : 82
    Registration date : 2013-04-09

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE] - Page 2 Empty Re: we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

Post by RDragon 5/13/2013, 5:57 am

ALEX WEST
    Alex's lips were mashed into a thin line as she watched Salvador closely. An Ares kid showing guilt? Now that was something she didn't see everyday. Or something she never took notice of, more like. Prejudice tended to do that to you. But then, instead of feeling smug, Alex did feel a little guilt herself. The son of Ares from way back didn't really 'almost kill' her. Just hurt her a lot. And broke a couple of bones. Had her exaggeration sent the wrong message?

Before she could say or do anything else, Salvador suddenly dropped to the ground. For a moment she just stood there blinking. Had the series of events finally taken a toll on the boy and caused him to pass out? She discarded that thought once she heard his muffled voice though. She saw the culprit at the same time - a medium-sized rock jutting out of the ground by Salvador's foot.

"The rock did," Alex said simply, moving to bend over by his head. She wasn't smiling or anything, but she didn't look as sour as before. Just... neutral. Although, one can probably see how she had gritted her teeth together from the way her jaw tensed - something caused by the sudden breeze, most likely. She was still feeling pretty cold.

Alex stretched a hand out, drops of water still sliding off her arm and into the mud. Not much, but the least she could do now was help him up, right?
    coded by rdragon

ooc: that's completely fine c: good luck on your exams!
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE] - Page 2 Empty Re: we're driving fast in my car [PRIVATE]

Post by Bell 5/14/2013, 8:56 am

Salvador’s head spun heavily but he did learn a thing when he weakly grasped Alex’s hand and pulled himself, painfully, back up; Alex didn’t get the ‘real’ meaning of his question. It seemed pretty impossible that three seconds could give Salvador time to think much…but sometimes things can be pretty unreal, aren’t they? With a spinning head and a bad foot, Salvador tried to figure out things. He was not asking about the culprit of the current falling event, of course, for he had known it the moment his feet hit that big, lame stone…he was trying to ask about the culprit of her event. He started to spell out all of his brothers’ names in his mind…but he just couldn’t find a brutal brother that almost killed Alex out of his mental dictionary…

“I’m not talking about that,” he said, pointing the rock, and for a moment he felt a tingle of relief to see that Alex’s expression smoothened up a little bit—at least it wasn’t as sour as before—“I want to ask you, Alex, who did that?” He almost whispered the last sentence, since he wasn’t very comfortable with Alex’s late facial expression, while pointing at her.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/15/2013, 6:40 am

ALEX WEST
    Oh, that.

Alex's cheeks heated up. How could she have interpreted his question incorrectly? Perhaps it had something to do with being chilled to the bone and unable to think straight. Yeah, that might have been it. Feeling like an idiot, Alex tucked her hand back to place under her arm.

"Some kid called Xavier," she all but hissed. "Xavier Taylor."

It hadn't been difficult at all to answer Salvador's question. She didn't even have to try hard to remember; the name was etched permanently into her mind. She doubted she would forget even if she tried. Alex huffed and looked away, spotting the lake looking smaller in the distance. She could even see 'that tree' from here, sporting lesser leaves and branches than she remembered. How long had it been since the incident? The answer came to her just as quick as she had thought the question: a little over two years, give or take a few months.

"Gods, it's cold," Alex said impatiently, bringing her gaze back to the front. Whatever was left of her cheery mood had disappeared by now. "Let's go before we freeze our butts off."
    coded by rdragon
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/16/2013, 8:43 am

"I'm freezing already."

Salvador sighed and calmed his mind down before he walked ahead. His foot was still sending him pain alert messages, and it even started to ache. He sadly guessed that it might have been swollen in a mix of blue, black, and purple color by now... but he didn't even care to look down and sneak a peek. He finally felt tired--both mentally and physically-- and the best thing to do was to get his feet to the infrimary as soon as possible.

But as he walked, he was not feeling really well. Sure, he could hold the urge to throw up and swoon right here, on the muddy grass...it'll be stupid to faint in front of a girl you've just saved, anyway. It'll just be...not cool--but the only thing that still bothered him was Alex's words. They couldn't get off his mind. He tried his best to forget them...but the way she said it, the pain twisting in her eyes, and frowns that kept decorating her face...it made him want to punch Xavier Taylor in the face. He got several reasons to do so, too. First, Xavier had made Ares Cabin lost more of its reputation. Secondly, he had hurt someone so badly that the victim almost dies, and thirdly, the victim was a girl. Alex.

He took a short glance at Alex, and he knew the right thing to do, since Xavier, after all, is his brother...but he hesitated. It was actually against the nature of his cabin, since all he knew was that most people from his cabin have some difficulties to speak a couple of particular sentences. Nevertheless, a small, tiny voice shouted in his brain, telling him to say the magic words. A small percentage of his mother’s tendency to apologize and to easily feel guilty must have been passed down to him somehow. He took a deep breath and turned to face Alex.

“Um,” he stammered, looking at her shoes. “You know, I guess I should say…uh…” he frowned. Why was it so hard to say only a word? She did it easily about five minutes ago! “Well, since Xavier has killed—no, I mean throw—no! I mean hurt you, so, since I’m his brother too, I should—I should say sorry.”
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/16/2013, 10:39 pm

ALEX WEST
    The world seemed bent on proving Alex wrong today. First she got thrown off to the lake for her carelessness, showing her that no, she couldn't bike so recklessly close to the water. Then an Ares kid, part of the population she believed to be heartless, saved her life, and now said Ares kid was apologizing to her for something he hadn't even done.

Unused to this kind of treatment, Alex stared at Salvador blankly, her face morphing into one of suspicion before finally loosening up with a small smile. "Thanks. I guess..."

But accepting the apology felt... wrong. Sure, Salvador was apologizing in his half-brother's behalf but as sincere as it sounded, it still didn't feel right to Alex. That was the thing about being thrown into a world that said 'oh hey, you're a kid of a Greek god and these people are your siblings. Have fun!' Despite how you were related by blood, Alex just couldn't match the term 'family' to these campers, even her siblings. Add the fact that everyone was more or less related to everyone else, aunts and uncles of the other, and the idea just didn't click. It seemed to Alex as if the sense of 'family' had been diluted. Heck, she couldn't even remember half her siblings' names, what with the sheer population of them. She started wondering if Salvador had even talked to Xavier Taylor before, let alone heard of him before she mentioned his name. And apologizing in behalf of someone who was barely a stranger to you... well, that wouldn't really mean much to Alex even if she was the one doing it.

Wow, you think so deep for someone whose teeth are chattering, she thought suddenly. Maybe I'm dying and this is my body's way of telling me that 'well, you might as well be meaningful before you snuff it'.

"It's weird, y'know, for you to apologize for him," she finally said, unable to hold her thoughts any longer. "I mean, you're his brother but... do you really feel like he's your brother? As if he's really... y'know... family?" She sounded tentative, barely able to hide the shivers in her voice as she spoke, but she just had to ask Salvador. He struck her as interesting, someone who defied the beliefs that had taken hold of her mind, and to be honest, she was a little curious to how his mind worked. But maybe it had something to do with her never really having a conversation with an Ares child that lasted more than five minutes. She had never really taken the chance to get to know any of them before.
    coded by rdragon
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/19/2013, 11:59 am

“It’s not your problem,” Salvador suddenly said in his grumbling, grumpy, gruffly tone. He…he didn’t know what was wrong with him…but when Alex got curious about stuff and asked a particular question about the way Salvador thought about his cabin and his family, it kinda pulled some sort of a mad trigger in his mind. He doesn’t like it when people try to reveal his idea, his ways of thinking. He knew that some people only be friendly to him in order to get advantages from an Ares’ son like him. Well, a few don’t, like Analeigh and Alford…but the rest? To speak troth, he had learnt it the hard way, and he was determined not to do the same mistakes again…although in the end he’ll always forget the self-promise he’d made and kept repeating them again and again. Why in the world do the sounds of asking help ALWAYS force him to say yes?

At the moment, Salvador had made a decision: he will stay angry at Alex, at least until he can recognize whether she was faking her sudden friendliness or not, but something stopped him.

It was her face.

It looked so innocent…really blameless that once again, a small part of Salvador’s brain shouted with its outmost strength, telling him to believe that she wasn’t pretending to be friendly. Oh, how he wanted to squash his sticky over-kind heart—who was straight inherited from his mother. The small thing kept pushing him, and the grumpy side of him realized that it was time to give up. Salvador sighed in desperation and started talking. “I don’t know,” he confessed. “I just feel like everybody in my cabin is my family, and my mum had been teachin’ me to support our family, and I kinda inherited her kind feelings…so yeah.”
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/21/2013, 6:37 am

ALEX WEST
    Alex frowned at Salvador's first remark, her face hardening a smidge. She shouldn't have asked. She should have known better than to ask someone of Ares' descent. Salvador was just like everyone else in his family, even if he had saved her. Maybe it was even a ploy to get her in his debt...

But Alex was getting ahead of herself. Her thoughts cut off when the boy spoke again, this time in a voice lacking the gruffness from before. It confused her, to say the least. Now she didn't really know what to think, let alone say. "I see," she finally said. "Your mom sounds like a really nice person."

She must have been, Alex added in her thoughts. Gods know how nice you have to be to raise an Ares kid who didn't turn out to be a total jerk.

Despite the circumstances, Alex's prejudice wasn't about to fade anytime soon.

It wasn't long before the familiar sky-blue house slid into Alex's line of sight. How long had they been walking? Alex couldn't really tell. She was more preoccupied with Ares stuff and the chilly breeze. She didn't leave as much of a wet trail as before, come to think of it, with only a few droplets of water clinging to her skin and clothes by now.

"I can see the Big House from here. Shouldn't be long now."
    coded by rdragon
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/26/2013, 7:41 am

So she wasn’t lying, after all.

Salvador couldn’t help it but to feel relieved. For a moment he had a nervous attack, and he feared that Alex was just one of the worst people he’d ever met…one of those guys who are leeches, who only see him as a helping machine and not as a friend. The truth, thankfully, said the opposite. She was not one of them…and he was sincerely glad.

But he did hope that he would…just…remove his prejudice for a second. If he did, then this whole scene about trusting and not trusting someone dilemma wouldn’t be stuck in his head. He could almost imagine the evil Alex…with a crazy hysterical laugh…giggling at him and shouting back at him with those approves which say that she is not going to be his friend and things. That thought alone made him shivered, but it was still better than what he’d thought a few seconds after. He could see Alex growing long fangs, sharp nails, and with those devilish eyes grabbing his sword, making him fall down to the damp ground, and start chopping him off…

Salvador shook his head in dismay. He should really stop watching too much horror movies at night.

But then, he realized that they were walking to the big house. Weren’t they supposed to go to the infirmary?
    “Uh, why are we goin’ to the big house?” he asked to Alex, although he still felt an urge to run away since he was still imagine about her with the sword. “Aren’t we goin’ to the infirmary, to…uh… you know, experience the people heal people thingy?”

OOC: Saph, I would like to give you a thousand apologies for not posting for….5 days! Well…I was sick, and I had a lot to catch up and I didn’t get enough time just to log in. It was a crazy week! I hope you’ll forgive me.
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/27/2013, 9:15 am

ALEX WEST
    Alex couldn't tell if the wind had stopped blowing or if she simply got used to the colder atmosphere. Both of them had definitely dried off during the walk, although it was still quite obvious how they had taken a sudden dip in the water a few minutes back. She could imagine the surprise in her siblings' faces when they walked in the infirmary looking like this - two soaked demigods, one with an injured leg. Her siblings might ask why Alex hadn't examined Salvador's leg back in the lake, a question which Alex was asking herself now. Then she remembered that she was still disoriented at the time and whatever diagnosis she could come up with would probably be tainted with hallucinations.

Salvador's question made Alex blink a little, unsure if she heard him right. Her ears were still a little waterlogged, it seemed. But even as she tried to replay the question in her mind, she couldn't figure out any other meaning, so that must mean that she had heard right. Alex cocked an eyebrow. "The infirmary is in the Big House," she said. "How long have you been here? Are you new?"

Makes sense why he's so nice, I guess, she thought. He doesn't seem to have stayed long enough for his siblings to rub off on him.
    coded by rdragon
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 5/28/2013, 11:35 am

Oh.

Salvador could feel his cheek blushing. Really, he didn’t know that the big house was also the infirmary. In fact, he had never gone to the Big House before. Approximately 20 meters away from the house was pretty much the closest range for him. He’d never walked nearer than…20 meters. He began to feel a little bit guilty for not knowing that small information, but—oh gods, Salvador could feel the mad side of him complained. Why do I need to go to the big house, anyway? It’s not necessary. And because of it, it’s okay to not knowing about it.

But gosh, Sal, a wiser part of him spoke. You see the Big House, like, almost every
    day. You surely should see at least one person going there during your few months of staying here!

Salvador shook his head confusingly and looked around. His old teachers had complained to his mom about his slightly below average scores, but he sure knew that at least a part of his brain worked pretty well by stating crazily strong arguments. But still… he had to find something…anything to escape the eternal embarrassment for not knowing the structure of the Big House. Think, Salvador, think!

And then he saw her face. Again, it showed doubt, but this time, it also made a light bulb turn on at the top of his head. He thought he knew what she was thinking about….it was probably about his stupidity and his cabin…and he was determined to mix it all up into an escaping sentence. “Well, yeah,” Salvador said to Alex, hardly pretending to sound genuinely surprised and innocent. “I didn’t know that…this is my first year here.”
    RDragon
    RDragon

Female

Post by RDragon 5/30/2013, 9:05 am

ALEX WEST
    A look of understanding passed over Alex's features as she gave a thoughtful nod. "Ah, that explains it. You must be pretty lucky - one year here and not a single trip to the infirmary. I got knocked out in my first week."

She could still remember how exactly she got knocked out back then. Not knowing which weapon was the right match for her, she picked up a mace and swung it around... leading to very dire and unfortunate results. Alex reckoned that the back of her head hadn't been the same since. Having no intention to share her disastrous (and embarrassing) weapon-experimenting with Salvador, Alex flashed him a rare grin - well, rare for a child of Ares to receive from her anyway.

The path had lesser grass now that they were nearing the Big House, the patches of grass slowly diminishing until there was only ground and dirt. Alex could only sigh in relief. Finally, after what seemed to be an eternity of walking, they were here at last. "We're here," she said as she reached the porch. "Time to get your leg treated."
    coded by rdragon

ooc: i guess it's time to make a continuation of this topic in the infirmary?
    maybe you could start your next post there? c:
    Bell
    Bell

Female

Post by Bell 6/1/2013, 11:25 am

OOC: My pleasure! Please click this link: http://www.camphalfblood.org/t15460-the-broken-line-private

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 1:20 pm