A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

To Battle [private]

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

To Battle [private] Empty To Battle [private]

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/23/2016, 10:36 pm

To Battle [private] 2vdsltu
    Come on Loaisa! Show me what you can do! The rider shouted to his white dragon as he raced between the peeks of the high fells of Rodun. He was the fastest rider in the north and everyone knew it. As Exy smiled and rode through the skies he let her free fall and shoot skyward at the last second. He loved his dragon like a sibling or a loved one and devoted himself to help raising the fledglings that they found wandering the north, making his hoard larger than most riders could even hope.

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on 7/24/2016, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

To Battle [private] Empty Re: To Battle [private]

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 6:00 am

OOC: Yooo let's get some cheesy fantasy in here

BIC: "Stay low," the Rider told her dragon. "There is something out there."
    The two had been riding the skies the whole morning, but up until now, nothing unusual had happened on their patrol. Suddenly -- "There!"

A white dragon was flying in the East, high above the Fells of Rodun. Its translucent wings caught the sunlight, its large body twisting in the wind. The Rider narrowed her eyes: there was a silhouette on its back.

Her dragon snarled and spat wisps of poisoned gas through its warped nostrils. The tendrils of his chin curled angrily. "Peace, Venomstabber. Let us meet these trespassers, and find out if they are friend or foe," she said, making him bank. The green dragon turned hard and angled its wings, rushing like a lightning bolt towards the majestic white dragon. It did not take long for them to reach the intruders and Venomstabber opened his wings into a stabilizing halt.

"Who goes there!" the Rider called. She was in full armor, her legs covered by greaves and a chainmail skirt. A rounded helmet sat on her head, with half a face guard shaped like the eyes of a leopard. A small row of spikes ran around her forehead.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/24/2016, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 6:09 am

Loaisa growled a bit as a dragon appeared in front of her but resting a hand on her neck she calmed down immediately. I am Exy son of Aowen, rider of the Northern Winds. Why have you come onto my lands? He asked a bit confused. It was clear as day that he owned the high fells as his family before him had for hundreds of years. One of his other dragons, one much larger than any of the ones a human could ride, flew up behind Exy and he held a hand out. Peace Kora, they mean us no harm. He said not looking away from the other rider.

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on 7/24/2016, 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 6:25 pm

The Rider shook her head. "Those are not your lands anymore," she called. "Have you not heard? His Majesty Phaendar declared all territories west of the Nine Hills as his."

King Phaendar was the infamous king of the Drows, a race of bloodthirsty elves corrupted by dark magic. He had rallied an impressive force of hobgoblins and trolls under his command as well as a vast amount of others from different species. Even human knights had joined his cause. She though was the only Dragon Rider, known only as her nickname 'Madwoman' which came from her powers and potions.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 6:40 pm

Exy shook his head. If he wants my lands he'll have to somehow defeat the queen of dragons. He chuckled. He found the queen injured after a fight and nursed her back to health, now the only rider in history to ever ride the leader of the dragons. At that cue the dragon, even larger than the white one flying behind him, appeared in a deep purple and growled at the intruder. Exy bowed his head to her as did he other dragons and looked back at the girl. This is Saffira, Dragon Queen. He said proudly as she roared loudly and musically though the sky.

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on 7/24/2016, 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 7:08 pm

She narrowed her eyes, gripping her sword tighter. The legendary dragon queen? She was his?

Underneath her, she could sense Venomstabber growing nervous. His pointed ears were twitching and he shook his head several times, sunlight flashing on the crystals along his jawline. He was ready for battle.

Hold, she whispered in her thoughts and brushed the trinket around her wrist. The runes briefly glowed blue. "You're making a mistake," she then smirked, raising her sword. "And you shall die."

Opening his large jaws, Venomstabber shot towards them and spewed a stream of acidic gas.

OOC: *Two steps from hell playing in the background*

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/24/2016, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 7:13 pm

Saffira growled and flapped her powerful wings to bend the acidic breath away from them. Her black eyes glared at the other dragon and she seemed to be disappointed with him in a way. Kora roared loudly and was about to charge as Exy motioned for her to stay back. How was it a mistake to help the queen? And how am I mistaken for protecting the lands of my family? He asked growing a bit annoyed as the dragon he was riding remained perfectly calm. I am the seventh son of a seventh son and the rightful lord of these lands. I will not have you harm my home or my dragons. He frowned at her. With that he shook his head and he flew off on his dragon towards the highest peak as the other two dragons followed, the queen growling at Venomstabber before flying off gracefully.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 7:20 pm

Her dragon might not be as large as his, but he was nimble and swift. She flew above him and banked hard into his left. "Then you will surrender to King Phaendar," she said, brown curls flying out the back of her helmet, "or you, and your beloved dragons, shall die." Her warped sword flickered silver in the wind, the rare gem of the pommel glowing the same shade of saffron as the runes etched into the blade.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 7:28 pm

Exy rolled his eyes as his dragon landed at the mouth to a massive cave. With a whistle hundreds of hundreds of dragons roared from within and a few began to stalk to the entrance as he stroked a few of their snouts. I am the rider of hundreds of dragons, I help the fledglings that grow in this harsh climate. He frowned at the brunette girl. He protected his dragons like he were a father to his children. For centuries his family had tamed and taken care of all the dragons of the royals and the mounted knights before the new generation rose and stopped riding dragons. Now he tended to them and cared for them. My dragons are still wild, but they WILL protect me and their King and Queen. He said hinting to the fact that the dragon king was inside as well.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 7:54 pm

Madwoman just grinned underneath her helmet. "Prepare your dragons, Sir Exy. The Night King is coming, and he does not take kindly to rebels."

Venomstabber batted his wings and they took off, soon disappearing into the sky.

Wait. Here, she thought, about half an hour later. Venom started spiraling down and soon they landed in a mountainous terrain spotted with thorny shrubs. She took her helmet off; from here she could still see the sea in the distance and a faint citadel to the west. Phaendar's camp was somewhere between the two.
    Madwoman stood there, gazing at the landscape without quite seeing it. Her long brown curls flowed freely down her spine, heritage of her elven mother.
    She had fought hundreds of enemies in her service of the Dark King, and killed all of them without a fault, but none had had as many dragons as this lord. She had heard of the Kingsman house, of course, but never thought the rumors to be this accurate. And now, she had another problem.

You're questioning your loyalty, she thought, looking at Venom.
    Her dragon folded his large wings, the armor-like scales gleaming in shades of olive. I sensed their might. His guttural thoughts echoed in Madwoman's mind. They are my king and queen.

Your king is the one whose army camps over there. You know how well he reads minds. How long do you think are we going to live if he senses for one second that one of us might betray him?

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/8/2016, 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 8:08 pm

Exy sighed as she flew off and dismounted from Loaisa before stroking her snout and walking inside the cavern and smiling at his dragons and fledglings. He toyed with each and everyone of them before they slunk off at the sight of Saffira. The rider bowed respectfully before he walked with the queen to the very heart of the mountain. There, sitting in the center surrounded by green was the dragon king Viserion himself. Unbeknownst to the other humans of the world the King and Queen alone could speak their language.

"A war is coming my king and I fear it will end in bloodshed." The queen said softly as she laid down in the curvature of the much larger dragons frame.

Viserion growled a bit and looked down at exy with his deep voice resonating within the stone, "You have treated us well young rider, your family would be proud. But let us ride into this battle alongside one another as champions for the dragon race."

Exy nodded his head respectfully as he walked closer and held a hand out to gently rest it on the king's snout. I will serve you with honor King of Dragons. He said before turning away and walking towards the chambers he shared with Loaisa. Sharpen your talons my dear, we are about to enter a war with the new king. He said angrily as he began to suit up in his battle armor made of dragon scales, to hard nothing could pierce it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 8:34 pm

"A hundred dragons, you say?"

"More, your Majesty," Madwoman replied. "Far more. I don't know if our army could ... could win a battle."

Phaendar's silver eyes narrowed to amused slits. Madwoman suddenly gave a sharp spasm of pain, which left her breathless and panting.

"What are a hundred dragons, or even a thousand, compared to the might of one blessed by the gods?" he asked in his smooth voice, his ivory hair gleaming down his back. He smiled at his other generals, showing his protruding fangs. "This should be most interesting to watch." He draped himself across his obsidian throne, smiling like a daemonic cat. "Prepare my troops."

Madwoman flew at the head of the aerial infantry: battalions of harpies and trolls with flight rings, armed with bows and enchanted throwing axes. The gnomes had already scouted the area and remained in hiding. A few miles behind, the ground army was approaching with Phaendar at its head. Venomstabber was flying high and slow, waiting for direct commands.
    The Rider gripped her sword, her eyes sweeping the area for anything unusual. Her yellow eyes glowed under her leopard helmet.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 7/25/2016, 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 8:51 pm

Exy walked through the halls of the mountain with his armor on and Loaisa walking at his side as his dragons all moved to follow him. Mounting up he alone flew to meet the forces head on, his staff clutched to his back and his face exposed for others to see. As the white dragon roared her voice caried for miles around and no doubt reached the ears of this idiotic man everyone now called king.

Remember Exy, don't engage unless they refuse to leave. Saffira told him through her magic as he relaxed and spotted the so called king on the ground.

Diving down and landing about a hundred yards away from him he dismounted and stood with his staff in hand. Leave this place by order of the Dragon King and Queen. If you turn back now we will not harm you. He said as hate boiled in his eyes and Loaisa stood calmly next to her rider as proud as any dragon could ever be. With that being said it was clear as day that Exy would have no problem with fighting this intruder, the King and Queens presens clearly felt even this far away from the mountain.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/24/2016, 9:06 pm

"Such a generous offer." The dark elf reined his gigantic wyvern into a stop and sized up the youngling in front of him. He wondered how someone like him could be so oblivious to the danger facing him. Phaendar the Wicked had famously subdued the Crimson Fields, the Kraekathen Dynasty and the Ice Plains. Rumors of his alliance to the feared winter, chaos and forest gods had spread through each realm and tales of his magical powers had become legends everywhere.

"Give me your dragons, and I might spare your unimportant life."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/24/2016, 9:19 pm

Exy chuckled as Loaisa seemed to as well. You really don't know a single thing do you? He said as his dragon nuzzled his hand and he stroked her snout lovingly. You should really learn of your enemies before you confront them. My name is Exy Kingsman, I am the seventh son of the seventh son of the house of Rodun. Dragon born of the first lineage and rider to the Dragon King and Queen. He said as his eyes changed from soft blue to bright crimson.

I have slain the orcs that ran rampant in the Greenwood, killed the spider queen where she stood in the second age, bent the wills f man to fit my needs and raised the dragon royals from the time they were eggs. He said pointing to his mountain peeks. This is the house of Rodun and i will not allow you to set a foot into my home. He said as Loaisa roared loudly again as thousands of roars were then heard echoing from the mountain. For every man you have in your army i have fifty dragons and your dragons owe their allegiance to the King. He said directing his words to the dragons and worms that were in his ranks. Viserion has commanded you to follow him and Saffira awaits patiently. Ot have you forgotten the laws of your kin. He growled as his teeth sharpened and turned into dragon fangs.

If you don't leave now i will soak the ground in your blood. He siad as a gut wrenching and bone chilling sound echoed through the ground and air, coming from the mountain from the dragon king himself and every dragon knew it.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/25/2016, 3:39 am

"Let us see what you are worth, Seventh Son!" With that, the elven king spoke in a strange and arcane language. Immediately, his land troops rushed to attack, a hundred or so hobgoblins and giant carnivorous worms bursting out of the ground. On her side, Madwoman kept herself in the sky. She had seen the amount of dragons at Exy Kingsman's command, and had instructions to only engage them.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/25/2016, 3:48 am

Exy spun his staff around and slammed the end of it into the ground as a massive cavern appeared to seperate the oncoming attackers from Exy and he mounted Loaisa. The white dragon growled and took off skyward heading towards the Mountain. The troops were on the very brink of the Kings lands so he would not engage unless they got closer.
    They are coming, prepare the dragons for war. Exy told the king as a massive roar echoed through the air as well as the ground.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/25/2016, 5:55 am

Stay loyal, Madwoman warned Venomstabber as they heard the roar. The dragon clenched its crystal talons but agreed mentally -- she knew this was hard for him, but was proud of his determination.

Meanwhile, the army's spellcasters were weaving bridges of silver and darkness, stretching them across the chasm. Soon the entire army marched forward with the king in the lead, endless rows of helmets and barbed spears.
    Madwoman looked at the skies. It was clear but the clouds in the east showed rain -- this might complicate the battle.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/25/2016, 2:03 pm

Loaisa landed at the mouth of the cave at the tallest peak of the mountain and she ran through the cavern growling and roaring partially, calling the dragons to war. They all began growing restlessly as they moved to the massive cave entrance and waited for further instructions coming from either the royals or the rider. The dragonborn sat proudly atop his dragon and felt her muscles move beneath him as she shifted restlessly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/25/2016, 4:10 pm

Madwoman could see the dragons massing at the cave's entrance, their scales glittering faintly. Glancing at her king, she saw he was watching the proceedings with an interested look on his face.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/25/2016, 4:26 pm

Loaisa was growing impatient but the rider hushed her softly as a few other dragons peered their heads out of the darkness to have their scales shine in the sun a bit. With a growl echoing through the earth the rider nodded and he as well as his dragons began diving off the cliff as is began to snow, slowly turning into a heavy fall. He had trained and rode in these winds for thousands of years with Loaisa and the others. This was their homeland and the had the upper hand here.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/25/2016, 4:40 pm

Enchanted arrows hissed through the air, unaffected by wind. They hit the ground and exploded in a shower of green sparks which bounced off the stones, without fading.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/25/2016, 4:51 pm

Exy felt himself growl as he took off into the sky with the other dragons. He waved his staff and the dragons began moving in a synchronized and very riding pattern through the sky. After a short while they dove for the ground troops as Exy and Loaisa flew in front of the other rider with Cora behind him, her massive white wings beating at a smooth tempo. Stop this fighting. He said a bit softy and almost lovingly. Your dragon knows what he wants to do but youre trying to get him hurt against the wrath of his king. He said as he looked at Vanomstabber sadly, Loaisa making small sounds to the dragon asking him to stop this madness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 11:00 pm